Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:37 pm
If I were kidding, I'd've said it was Ahlaq.

Agni-pariksha was only vaguely familiar with this name, knowing at hearing that it was one of the Abaholi but that's it. It was another indication of the unfortunate fact that Turiya was very familiar with the lions in the Bonelands. For a split second, the Regent even let that notion enrage her- the idea that the Ithambo'hlabathi had misled her child in some way-- but it evaporated almost as quickly as it had come.

Her expression was grim as she processed through all the information and eventually she just shook her head. She wanted to ask what Turiya was thinking but it ultimately didn't matter at this point, and Agni was confident she knew. So she said what needed to be said.

"Umkhombo may be an excellent warrior but he would never pass for a Firekin," she said, "That matters when you do something like this, Turiya. Finding a sire outside the pride is not a means to ignore our standards, they're even more important when you do!"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:08 am
Rather than look chastised, Turiya's expression quickly shifted from pleased to surprised to defiant. Though she remained lying down, her posture straightened further, and she held her head high. Meanwhile, he tail lashed behind her with the sudden agitation. "Why should it matter that he's brown? Plenty of red Firekin have had brown cubs, or pink or purple or green and every other color! No one keeps them from having cubs, even though there will be huria. So what if a couple of mine are brown? That's practically normal now. And if they are brown, they can go live with their sisters!"

If they were boys, they'd be at a loss, but whatever. That wasn't important to her argument right this moment.

Ecavi

Meepfur
Captain

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:05 am
"That doesn't change what you should be looking for in a mate!"

Though Turiya was on the ground and Agni-pariksha was older, slightly larger and covered in scars, it was plainly apparent that they were related in that moment. The tension and agitation in their postures and the look they were giving each other were nearly identical. The staring contest seemed to go on forever as the Regent weighed her options here. She was pissed. Not just because her daughter was being so intentionally inflammatory but because she knew the girl was, at least in part, right. Turiya's mistake was picking a known, easily-identifiable lion and then opening her mouth. A smart lioness could pick whoever she wanted outside the pride and nobody would ever know if it was him, his genes or something hiding in her own genes that produced huria. Producing huria was, more or less, seen as a fact of life and not a great shame but it was not a desirable outcome.

The existence of huria didn't change the Firekin. The rules on color were strict, even with the recent changes. Perhaps someday, it would happen again but it would be a long wait between gold and sand, and again between sand and brown.

Agni-pariksha had the rules on her side and Turiya had made up her mind, she could explain but there was no point in trying.

"Turiya, go to the Outpost," she said, "I'll deal with you later. Just.. get out of the desert."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:37 am
"I looked for what was important," Turiya snapped back. "I bet he's lived through more real fighting than any Firekin has in generations." How many Firekin had ever actually fought for their lives, rather than just dueled each other and played war games? What did any of that play-fighting really prove about strength?

The striped lioness finally stood, kicking at the sand under her paws. "Don't bother. I'll go to the Outpost, sure, but then I'll keep going. You won't have to deal with me ever again."  

Meepfur
Captain

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:02 am
Turiya's remark about real fighting earned a snarl from her mother. Though Agni-pariksha was born in the desert, the decimation of the Hongshan was still very recent history for many of those living in the desert now. That was what you got for so-called "real" fighting, and while Agni herself was primarily raised and trained through practice battle, she understood that very well.

She opened her mouth to affirm that they would talk about this later but didn't want to encourage the brat to follow through on a plan to actually desert the Firekin completely. So she shut her mouth again and just waited for her daughter to storm off.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:17 am
Turiya was young and strong-willed, to say the least, and of course that made her right. What she'd done, and everything she'd had to say for herself about it, from her perspective was entirely justified. As was everything she intended to do. There was a strong urge to kick sand behind her as she turned around, but she was at least mature enough not to stoop to that. Only barely.

But as for waiting at the Outpost to be dealt with? Yeah, no. No way she was just going to idle around waiting for her mother to have time for that later.  

Meepfur
Captain

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas