Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands
[META] Upheaval Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
LadyPipen rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 1 Total: 7 (2-16)

LadyPipen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:34 am
Hadithi couldn't help but give a quiet sigh of relief- oh, he'd have eaten it, and gladly bear the sickness for a week or more and tell her it was wonderful, darling, might you make some more- but he really didn't want to- he was much happier trying to replicate the disastrous brew again with her, rather than joining the monkeys as a test subject for his family's unfortunate failures. That would have been incredibly unpleasant, he was sure, even as he chuckled light-heartedly, "Not everyone has the good sense they were born with, love. I suppose some grow out of it after they leave their mother's side... Little do they know," Hadithi said, suddenly throwing his large arms around the tiny white lioness as he knocked his most recent failure out of the way, ignoring the strange crack that sounded suspiciously like thunder, "The only thing I'm crazy about is YOU!" He let out a booming laugh, rolling onto his back and taking his poor little mate with him, purring and nuzzling her all the while.

"Flowers are STUPID!" Adaeze interrupted, hissing as she smacked the offending gourd of failed brew as, once again, her monkey stumbled away green and wobbling. She had sworn she'd gotten it right this time, and Nili's sudden success didn't help with the frustration, either, and she pinned him with her glare- it was easier to get snippy with something living that was able to snip back, anyway.

.... It would have been much easier if he hadn't said something she mostly agreed with, though. "The rocks don't rumble right anymore," she grumbled, "And they're quiet more often than normal. They're always slow, but even Binti can't hear her crickets anymore. Brew helps, but.... We didn't used to need it." It was the sworn truth- not that she rethought her stance on the rocks, mind you, she held them in the same distaste she always had and, as ever, rued the day she began to hear them, but.... Facts were yet facts, and she still should be able to hear them.

... It was lonely not to.

Hadithi stilled his aggressive snuggling, finally, when even Adaeze spoke up, sighing as he gently held his mate. "This is home, Nili. As much as you all are home. It was where you were born, where your mother found me, and where I was raised," he said softly, finally daring to sneak a look at the blue leopard who had called out to Nili before- he had pretended he hadn't noticed, the strange little thing, but he had. "There is a great deal of risk, proclaiming what the goddess believes or doesn't. There was a fellow who visited once- big purple mane, I think, what was his name.... Do you remember, Misae?" Hadithi paused, giving his mate a long, imploring look for the answer before he continued, "Well, he said he was the voice of the goddess, can you believe that! Had a cult and everything following him, believing he spoke for her, and, well.... Ah.... Well."

Hadithi paused his story, giving a dumbfounded look to first Misae, then his listening children, "You know, I don't really remember what had happened to him. BUT you don't see him around anymore, do you, Nili?" That much was true. "So, moral of the story- don't reclaim to know what the goddess might or might not believe. She has a mind of her own and trust me, she is more than capable of deciding for herself.... She'll return, Nili, and then we'll see what she thinks. She always returns...." Perhaps it was nothing more than the ramblings of an overgrown cub that never stopped watching for his mother's return- but he felt it. She would come back, of that, he was certain.

Collective Roll: 159  
Daffupanda rolled 3 8-sided dice: 7, 8, 4 Total: 19 (3-24)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:51 pm
Misae never got around to actually answer her mate's words, for his arms came around her and the brew was swiftly forgotten in exchange for rolling around the soft beach sand like young idiots. It was true her body was no longer what it used to be, and would ache from time to time but she honestly still felt young as it were, and giggles bubbled up her throat.

So entertained was she that she didn't even notice the way the sun blotted out and back into existence once more. She was simply used to this sort of behavoir, and no longer having people to lead or decisions to make for others made it possible to simply lean back, relax and indulge in it. As much as she did understand her children's grumblings, she backed her mate up, "This has always been home," she said softly after Hadithi finished peppering kisses over her face, turning to groom her mate's chin, "I think, for now we should just... wait. Patience is a virtue."

Nili offered his parents a mildly disgusted look, rolling his eyes with a sigh as he finished yet another perfect brew. Apparently, it wasn't as difficult as all that after all, despite his first, initial slip of a paw. It wasn't until his sister cursed that he hissed mildly, giving her tail a smack, "Rude!" he snapped, "It's not the flowers' fault you're not being delicate enough!" there was no sting in his voice at all though; after all, he knew that his sister's muse made it so that being delicate was... an adventure in futility at best.

He loved her anyways.

It wasn't until she grumbled and he felt her wilt on top of him that he squirmed his body until he could press it slightly more against her in support; he was no rock, but for now it'd do, "The Dreamers' cove wasn't the brightest idea either," he murmured very softly, "And I can't say I'm particularly fond of that title; dreamer, or the way they were regarded either."

No, he was right, Muhali thought. She hadn't been pleased by that either, but if life had taught her anything, it was when to lift her head and when to fight a battle. Some things needed to be run their course. Her ear flickered when Kitty spoke, and despite the disaster of an attempt at a brew that she was doing, she chuckled at her, "Aye, I agree. Don't worry sweet one; I'm a rogue myself, you know. Came 'round the time Shandor became leader... he wasn't all too pleased with me, but given he gave me a lovely litter of kittens I guess he changed his mind right quick," she winked at her before turning to look at the old royals, "Aahhh... you two mean Besnik, don'tcha. The smooth talker from around when my kits were born..."

Muhali remembered the lion. p***k of a boy, really.

She'd spoken to him twice and had swiftly rolled her eyed; he did not believe in the old ways. He'd just seen a way to profit, and had nearly brought disaster to the pride, "He and those like him are likely the cause for distrust of rogues," a pause and a whisper, "Didn't use to be like that... The Children of the Ocean Shore used to welcome everyone..."

It was that last tidbit that caught Misae's attention, really, and she turned to watch the small, blue leopardess more closely for a second, her eyes squinting before her mate moved and the motion caused her to roll off of him and onto the warm sand.

LadPipen

NovaCracker

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Eos Galvus rolled 3 8-sided dice: 6, 3, 7 Total: 16 (3-24)

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:14 pm
"Shandor, feh." Dragon's Blood had almost finally gotten a strong brew, ignoring the oddness to look over to the conversation about the old days, the lioness' eyes flickering.

"While I'm glad he treated you well, I was born at a pointy he tried forcing the new ways on my generation of litters. I'm amazed when I left my muse didn't leave." Dragon's Blood's face contorted into a scowl. "Perhaps the fact they call me a Dragon Queen? I don't know. I came back only because Puzzle seems decent. And admittedly I was bored." The female sighed, shaking her red head slowly before sticking her tongue out, a playful gesture as she blepped.

"But I don't recall all of the old ways, not well. I'm just glad Puzzle has some sense. I do miss knowing about things. I miss not being weird for having my muse."

"You're still weird." Sun God huffed, scowling at his brew before kicking it over with a hind paw. The male didn't know anything about the 'Good Old Days' but he did know people were rambling and he was trying to focus. All the same, he raised a brow when Kitty hummed.

"Don't know. I followed a cutie named Brodia. He can come to my den any day." Miss Kitty cooed. "Can't remember his other name right now though. So.... These old days. What were those like?" Mis Kitty looked to Mhali curiously, ignoring the truamatized look on Dragon's Blood's face.

Was...

Was this female discussing her SON?!

Culmanitive total: 194  
LadyPipen rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 6 Total: 11 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:23 pm
Daffupanda

"DELICATE enough?!" Adaeze snapped, "I am a lady, a frail and delicate ******** PLEASURE," Nili's sister glowered at him- nevermind the parents, they were always gross and ostentatious. Damn brother and his damn judgy face and damn judgy attitude.... She was younger, and had the social delicacy of.... Well, a rock, but she was still a lady! A formerly royal lady at that, she could be just as goddess-damned prissy as he....

"And don't you forget it!" she hissed, 'accidentally' spilling her newest batch over his pretty, prissy paws- at least it didn't make any of the monkeys sick this time.... No, this time it smelled so bad that the monkey wouldn't even touch it, and Adaeze couldn't help the smug smirk that graced her face. Nili was just as fastidious and vain as she was... And good luck getting that stench out for the next three days, brother...

Hadithi frowned at the squabble, hooking a claw on the rim of the gourd of Nili's perfect-looking brew while his son was distracted... He earned it, for the history lesson and listening to the squabbling, obviously. "You two act just like a pair of squabbling cubs- are you sure you're still adults? Nothing's shrunk on you, has it?" Hadithi ribbed, tasting the brew- his own way of telling them to knock it off. He had never enjoyed being the bossy parent- better to watch and warn and let them make their own stumbling-

The moment 'Children of the Ocean Shore' hit his ears, however, Hadithi doubled over with a spit-take- or at least, nearly a spit-take, since the poor fellow had enough sense not to spit on his mate, but he was left choking up a lung- it was bad enough the lioness looked so... eerie, but dragging up ancient history in a causal conversation made it worse...

Collective Roll: 205  

LadyPipen

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:11 am
Watching the proceedings, Boneknapper glanced over when Starfire approached. She tilted her head slightly, only smiling a little. "Shui has insulted us and our pride." She looked back to the working lions, frowning now and then at rumbles in the ground and the sun's strange behavior. "Flower Lord wanted to go in with his Patrons... This was Puzzle's solution, it's harmless and fun and messes with that little tyrant's head, and..." She placed a paw on her chest, "We wouldn't be NEIGHBORLY if we didn't share, would we?"

From her spot, Brew Mistress rolled her eyes. "I think they think they own the beach or something, from what some of the monkeys have been telling me..." She got up and went to check on everybody, pleased with what she saw. She paused at Glamour, though, frowning. "You're not having an easy time of this, are you?"

The gold lioness smiled sheepishly, then looked at all her failures. The monkeys were starting to refuse to try her brews, since none had turned out right. "No, I think I am not, dahling..." She sighed, pushing the tools away, only to look up as a loud CRACK filled the air. Slowly, she turned to Brew Mistress, "What was that...?"

"I don't know..." Brew Mistress, herself, turned to Boneknapper and Starfire. It now really sank in, as the sun blinked out and in again, that, as far as she knew, most of them hadn't taken any brew yet. They were all seeing this.

And then the ground gave a violent lurch under everybody's paws.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:24 pm
Starfire stood still as she listened to Boneknapper's explanation for the mass production of the brew, humming softly. It was less full-on war, but it was still provoking their neighbors. She wouldn't ever call the Bahari a pride that was known for their fighting, but even a normally harmless creature could turn quite ferocious out of necessity if backed into a corner. Her mother had prepped her in all the ways of being a good leader and then some and her most fitting warning was that males were competitive and didn't like to not have the final say. Sometimes it was best to be the bigger lion and let the opposition think they had won to avoid conflict. For such a physically-inclined lioness to mention it over and over had stuck with Starfire and while she would have preferred a fun prank to be pulled on their neighbors to get them to lighten up, the way she understood it was that it was being done a bit maliciously which would never end well.

Before she could voice her thoughts, though, there was an ear-splitting crack and the ground lurched violently beneath her paws. She crouched down as the aftershocks rolled through, all of her normal placid personality gone, replaced with the sharp, intent focus of a well-trained fighter. Although Starfire was far more relaxed and carefree than her mother had ever been, Fireheart had been sure to train the young lioness so that if she ever found herself in trouble she'd be able to fight her way out.

"Where did that come from?" she asked, trying to pinpoint where the noise had originated. If it was within the pride lands themselves they'd need to ensure no one was injured or in need of assistance, but as the noise faded away it was impossible to tell where it might have come from.

Andranis

---

Sea Monster was getting ready to start a second batch since the first one had turned out so well, but the deafening crack and resulting shaking left his work space a mess thanks to the violent rocking of the ground and the startled monkeys fleeing from the spot and running through all the ingredients. Not terribly phased by the movement, Sea Monster let out a little sigh and prodded the overturned gourds with his paws.

"Dang...I really had the hang of that, too."  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:57 pm
He knew exactly what to do to push his sister's buttons, and it was just music to his ears to hear her bark and growl as she lay on top of him. After all, at the end of the day... it was all just fun and games, really. Contrary to popular belief, Nili held a special place in his heart for Adaeze. There were many reasons for it, but first and foremost was the lost look she'd had when she was little, like she didn't belong in her own body, like something was intrinsically wrong with the world, and he had empathized with that extremely, "I don't know... not with language like that you aren't."

He felt more than saw the brew be spilled over his paws, and the lion made a face as he stuck out his tongue in distaste, "Ew..." he turned to look his sister in the eye before reaching to drag his paw down her face with a gleam in his eye.

He was half through the motion when the ground gave a violent lurch and he was knocked to the side, grabbing onto his sister purposefully, eyes wide with fear.

Misae, whom was still looking at her brew, actually lifted her head and tensed up just before the lurch, almost as if she'd seen it coming, and due to this, was not, in fact, knocked on her face like Nili had been. Her body moved gracefully to the side in case her mate or one of her children toppled over her, and her red eyes looked around in an attempt to figure out the cause of the shaking, "Oh dear.... maybe the muses were not too happy with this plan after all," she said softly, "Perhaps we should reconsider. It was shaping up to be such a lovely day too..."

The shaking had surprised Paradox so much that when she jumped, her wings actually flickered into existence for a few short seconds; enough to make her look like a small, over fluffed, upset bird that been surprised in some terrible manner. However, the appendages vanished almost as soon as they appeared, and could have easily been dismissed by a trick of the light.

The same could not be said about the goddess' pelt and tail, which had puffed up to make her like twice her side in her panic. One moment they were talking about Shandor, and the next Muhali wondered what it was they'd done to anger whomever was still looking down from upstairs, because oh, this was not natural in any sort of way. Something was off; something was wrong.

"Well," she said in late reply to Dragon's Blood, "We've all done something we're ashamed of, and I'm clearly not defending him, but... I guess given recent events and the rage raining on us, perhaps there's blame to go around?" she had reached to try to stabilize Miss Kitty if the lioness had needed.

LadyPipen

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:49 pm
She was a witch- the little blue-striped leopardess was a witch, Hadithi had throughly decided it. It was the only way- she bore a striking resemblance to the Goddess, she knew things she shouldn't know, particularly about his home, and.... And....

And it was simply the only logical explaination, she was a witch! Hadithi's brows knitted together and he opened his maw, turning to his wife to share his concerns- he was sober, they were legitimate this time!- When the ground made a sudden lurch under their paws. He made an instinctual move to step over his lovely, tiny wife- she was very small, and there were bodies gathered aplenty to fall on her- to sheild her, but as it turned out... She was a tad bit more graceful than he, stepping out of the way of his awkward attempt at protection while Hadithi mistepped, falling flat on his face.

Adaeze, on the other paw, gaped at her brother- "Language? I'll show you fu-" she was cut off by a single, large paw wiping down her pretty face, leaving a trail of rancid-smelling gunk of a failed brew! The lioness shuddered and sucked in a breath to resume her screeching when the ground suddenly have a great lurch- she might have tried scrambling to her paws, had Nili not had faster reflexes, whirling to grab and clutch at her, petrified look on his face.

.... To be entirely fair, she was rather certain her own face mirrored his until the aftershocks wore away completely. She definitely had not thrown her own arms around her brother and clung just as tightly, certainly not. She hadn't hidden her face in his mane, either- no, she had sat there the entire time holding him with the shakey arched brow, definitely. "..... W-well, that's what you get, for... For.... Whatever. I won't tell if you won't..." She huffed and puffed and... very embarrassedly hid her face in Nili's mane again. She definitely had not been so scared she clung to her big brother like life itself- and he certainly hadn't done the same.

"Essh," Hadithi groaned as he sat back up again, rubbing a sore chin thoughtfully, "I think you may certainly be right, dearest Misae," with the very earth moving beneath their feet- may Adaeze's stubbornness be a reminder to them all of rock's solid immovability- that was certainly a sign of discontent and a warning of worse things to come, should silly little lions not heed warnings.

"I think," the lion continued, shaking out his mane as he stood, "It is time we retired... And perhaps see what was left by that rumbling of discontent?" He looked to his mate, giving his children a glance as well- but like any proper husband.... Looked mostly to his wife. Happy wife, happy life, as they so say....

Daffupanda

LadyPipen

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:17 pm
The ground rumbled. The motion drew Sun God to stand, brews abandoned as he looked around. Like Glamour, his own Monkies were eying him with suspicion, and the male wasn't as bothered as he was concerned by the earth moving, the male immediately tense as his vision flashed in and about, whorling between Sight and what occured around him, and the male pranced a bit in polace until Dragon's Blood braced him. Friendly-ish competition over and the ground moving, the lioness was far more willing to help others, and she sighed.

"Maybe. But Imiss the good times then. We never did anything wrong and asll Iwant sometimes is to spend time with the lizards and their stories about the dragons like me." The lioness drooped, but only slightly, leaning until Sun God was stable.

Miss Kitty was far less alarmed, but very much appreciated Dox's company, leaning on the goddess for support and to offer comfort as she frowned, looking up and around before looking towards the coast, then around.

"I wonder if the Earth is angry now as well." the pale lioness said, voice soft.. She was wary, guarded and concerned, looking around with a frown.

"Everyone is okay, right? Nobody's hurt? Dox? Are you okay?"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:18 am
Her gaze turning toward the sea as she dropped down to her belly, Boneknapper's ears shifted. When the ground stopped shifting, she swallowed and rose back up to her paws. "Everybody! Stop working." Stepping away from everybody, the pink lioness seemed to tremble, nose twitching. There was another, smaller lurch of the ground, though no less surprising, and she shifted her stance to not fall over. Another, smaller cracking sound came from the north, drawing Boneknapper's attention that way. Finally, she swallowed and said, "We should... Probably see what that is, right?"

At some point, Brew Mistress had been going around checking progress. She was mildly distracted by some squabbling going on, smiling in good nature, only to have her attention drawn by both the shaking ground and the loud cracking sound. A quick glance around showed confusion from some others, and what monkeys hadn't taken any brew fled into the trees. The lioness took a few hesitant steps, only to get knocked down by the smaller lurch of the ground, and her focus, much like Boneknapper's went northward. There wasn't hesitation, though, or question of what to do, before she got up and went that way. "Well I'm not waiting for a party to see what's up!"

Her work abandoned, Glamour was torn for a moment between staying and going to see, like Brew Mistress, what was going on. Finally, she gave in and followed. It was only then that she took in the full scope of what was going on, the whispers in her ear with no words but familiar voices, the changing manner of the solar cycle, the way things shook now and then. She passed a vaguely-familiar blue lion with stripes, heading in the same direction, and only remembered who he was when they reached their shared destination.

Amid everything, Puzzle had been drawn out. He knew he'd have to talk to Starfire about what he had planned, but thoughts of that were driven out by the shifts in the land. When he reached the northern border, a lot of things were forgotten.

There was a growing rift in the ground, inching ever westward and starting to flood with sea water.

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:38 am
(Haha, what was I thinking there, trying to continue this past its shelf life) This ORP is now otherwise concluded! You may post some reactions after this, but it's otherwise done! I'll start a new ORP pertaining to the crack soon-ish, but it's a simple concept - Nobody's crossing between prides now.

Now here's the participation list! If you don't see your name, it's because your post wasn't filled in :<

1. NovaCracker
2. Daffupanda
3. NovaCracker
4. Daffupanda
5. NovaCracker
6. LadyPipen
7. Redbud-Tree
8. Daffupanda
9. NovaCracker
10. LadyPipen
11. Daffupanda
12. NovaCracker
13. LadyPipen
14. Daffupanda
15. LadyPipen
16. NovaCracker  
Andranis generated a random number between 1 and 16 ... 9!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:59 am
First winner!  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Andranis generated a random number between 1 and 16 ... 1!

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:00 pm
And second! Please don't make me re-roll gonk  
Andranis generated a random number between 1 and 16 ... 12!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:01 pm
Andranis
And second! Please don't make me re-roll gonk

Lemme just C/P what I just typed in Discord...

W@&@&Y#$

Trying again  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Andranis rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:03 pm
Andranis
(Haha, what was I thinking there, trying to continue this past its shelf life) This ORP is now otherwise concluded! You may post some reactions after this, but it's otherwise done! I'll start a new ORP pertaining to the crack soon-ish, but it's a simple concept - Nobody's crossing between prides now.

Now here's the participation list! If you don't see your name, it's because your post wasn't filled in :<

1. Daffupanda
2. Daffupanda
3 LadyPipen
4. Redbud-Tree
5. Daffupanda
6. LadyPipen
7. Daffupanda
8. LadyPipen
9. Daffupanda
10. LadyPipen

Adjusting to stop rerolling...  
[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands