Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:54 pm
Krysin

"It's nice to not be the only female in the family anymore." Laughing lightly she was glad the pride was opening it's boarder to rogues, this was a good thing.

At least she hoped it was.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Demani." Looking her over briefly she seemed very healthy. "I do hope your travels that brought you here weren't too trying."

As for showing her around, that was definitely something she could get behind. "Showing you around would be a pleasure, I can show you some of my favorite locations." She hoped that some of the recent ongoings in the pride didn't deter her from staying.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:45 pm
Sawa wanted nothing more than to lean in and nuzzle the poor male to give him a little confidence, but he seemed to be holding his own after he smiled in return. She held his gaze as his eyes glazed over and a few moments later he spoke once more. She gave a little bob of her head in thanks before stepping aside, not wanting to hold up the other rogues that had come along with her. Glancing up at the male that had gone first, she gave him a little smile before they were both addressed by a native of the pride.

"Thank you," she echoed with a fond smile in return. Well, this one certainly seemed friendly! And apparently they were in the same family, even though she wasn't completely sure what that meant. She assumed they were in the same group of lions which probably meant they'd be seeing a bit of one another.

Zuko rolled his eyes as Mgbamizu called to him, but not wanting to seem too unsocial, he took slow, measured steps over to the gathered lions. He glanced at the other male - his colors were less blinding even if the pink stood out against his darker pelt - but the female was borderline painful to glance at.

"Seems you have a new brother and sister," he said, sizing up the two rogues. They seemed harmless enough and if Nchekwube and his new-found abilities deemed them acceptable, who was he to say anything against it?

KasaiLoki

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

oo Ded generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 6!

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:08 pm

1. Akaraaka (fate)
  2. Agadi (old age)
  3. Agha (war)
  4. Aghugo (treachery)
  5. Aguu (famine)
  6. Ahuojoo (sickness)
  7. Elo (venom)
  8. Odachi (disaster)
  9. Mberede (accident)
  10. N'anya (love)
  11. Nganga (pride)
  12. Nkunwu (apathy)
  13. Uju (grief)

In scanning his eyes across the group, Nchekwube paused briefly on the familiar muted blue and lavender of Naani. He sent a friendly smile her direction, hoping it would find her. Nchekwube had been doing a horrid job of keeping up with those in his age group, and hoped they were all doing well.

His eyes then fell upon the unfamiliar form of Nina-dina, meeting her gaze for a moment. She was still a little ways away. Hopefully she wasn't uncomfortable, here. He could only imagine what it was like coming to any new place, let alone one as closed off as the N'ezi-ozu, with its quiet lions and probably strange customs. The sandy lion gave her a nod and a warm smile. He wasn't interested in closing the distance on those that might be uncomfortable. They could chat when she was ready.

As Juu spoke, Nchekwube gave a bow of the head in return along with a friendly bump of the shoulder. He was thankful for the older lioness's guidance when he had first emerged from his family's den, flustered and not knowing what to do. "Thank you, Juu," he said softly, before turning back to Demani.

"Demani," he repeated, nodding his head. "The pleasure is mine."

It was the white lioness that he found coming across his path next and Nchekwube's smile turned to her. Small and quaint, the smile only inched a touch wider at the crack of her voice. "Daisha," he said, "I am Nchekwube. Hopefully your travels here have treated you well?" He tilted his head to the side, meeting her eyes. The pull into a trance came more suddenly this time and it took a concerted effort to keep his body from reeling. He blinked he look away and shifted his weight on his paws, suddenly aware of a sense of nausea growing in the back of his mind and a gnawing hunger in his stomach. The youth shook the feeling away.

"Daisha," he repeated, his tail curling around his hind legs. "Welcome to the N'ezi-ozu. I… I believe that you may find home in Ahuojoo family," Nchekwube continued, giving a slow nod coupled with a kind smile that tugged at the side of his mouth.

...ChaosTheories

oo Ded generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 8!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:19 pm

1. Akaraaka (fate)
  2. Agadi (old age)
  3. Agha (war)
  4. Aghugo (treachery)
  5. Aguu (famine)
  6. Ahuojoo (sickness)
  7. Elo (venom)
  8. Odachi (disaster)
  9. Mberede (accident)
  10. N'anya (love)
  11. Nganga (pride)
  12. Nkunwu (apathy)
  13. Uju (grief)

Nchekwube blinked at the familiar sound of his father's voice. It struck him how even just hearing his words caused a sense of calm to wash over his body. The sandy lion turned his head towards Urupuru, beaming. For a long while, everything that Nchekwube had done had been for the sake of his family. He wanted their happiness. He wanted to make his father proud. His new mantle of responsibility was daunting, there was no doubt in that, and it would take time and hard lessons for him to feel fully comfortable with the role in which he had been thrust, but the support of his father sure did make the weight easier to bear.

"Thanks, da," Nchekwube said softly, briefly leaning some of his weight against the grey lion in a show of affection and perhaps emotional vulnerability that the adolescent was not afraid to show his pride members. They were the family of Love, after all.

When approached by another stranger, Nchekwube nodded his head. "Mags," he said, "is a wonderful name. And it is our honor to welcome you amongst us." A nod accompanied his words as if to set the words firmly in truth. He took a deep breath before meeting her eyes, this time tying to ease into the trance more slowly. Still, he rushed into it and found himself leaning against his father a moment more before his eyes became once more clear. "I see in your heart that you do belong among us. Among the Odachi, specifically. May you heart find home, there."

Syrius Lionwing

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:37 pm
oo DeD

The silver male frowned gently. The weight of his child against his shoulder worried him. The ceremony was taking a lot out of the young male. Urupuru smiled encouragingly and gave a gentle nod. “I’m here if you need me.” He rumbled standing strong beside his son as he faced the black and white newcomer.

What was expected of Nchekwube, what had happened to his son, it was a great responsibility. Still, he wanted his child to be protected and was glad to stand at his shoulder, blocking his ears to some of the elder rumblings. So much had happened, this gift that his son had been granted, it would bring new life to the pride new blood new family.

The black and white lioness smiled gently at the young male. The show of affection towards the older male, his father, made her smile. She almost forgot that she was there to be told who her new family was.

She flinched a little as Nchekwube feemed to falter but as his eyes cleared her new family rolled from his lips. She had a family, she could be a part of the pride. “Th.. Thankyou..” She whisperd her ears flattening and a smile lifting her lips. She had a family, she just hoped they would like her, welcome her, she wanted to be home, she never wanted to be all alone again.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:15 pm
oo DeD

User Image

Many seasons had had spent alone, wandering back and forth between the rogue lands since the pride of his birth dispersed...but for some reason the headaches, the visions always had pieces and places of this land. The foliage and trees mostly. It was pure coincidence that he had ended up on a day that several others were approaching the pride's borders and he decided to follow in their path.

So many lions were here...he hoped they'd at least be welcoming as he approached the pale adolescent with a polite smile and a submissive bow of his head as he seemed to greet those coming into the pride. All his dusty golden mane falling infront of his face as he did before lifting himself up.

"I am Nordras, I've traveled a fair bit in my life and I'd be honored to settle my roots in this beautiful land if you'll have me..." He waited with baited breath to watch the young male and his decision.

User Image

New members, to say that Isi was excited was an understatement. But she'd been in high spirits in general the past couple of days after her acceptance of Mgbamizu's proposal. All they needed was the wedding and to move into the Aguu, but for now she was an Agadi and she'd welcome those who came.

Only to smile as she spotted her fiancee and felt the heat under her furry cheeks flush as she waved a paw gently in his direction before focusing back on Nche's processing of the newcomers. It was about time the pride had new blood in their ranks.

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:38 pm
SilverLutz

Lightning Shadow X

Mgbamizu smiled warmly to his new 'sister'. "Where do you guys come from! What's it like on the outside world? Are you guys excited to be here?!" The normally quiet lion asked. The N'ezi-ozu had gone through quite a bit during the last year. From the sudden death of the Amoosu, to the events that happened to Nche, and on a more personal level, he recent (sudden) proposal to Isithunzi.

The Aguu was more quieter with the aftermath of everything, but he always was fascinated by the ideas of rogues. Getting to speak with TWO right off the bat, that got to join his family? How neat was that!

"Isn't it great, Zuko?" Mgbamizu grinned. "Hopefully you get some new family members too for the Agha. There seems to be a healthy bunch of them today." His eyes shifted to each rogue, spotting the small wave from Isi. He smiled warmly back to her, a paw lifting to return the gesture. He waved her over as well, if she wished to meet two of her new future family members.

---

As the male rattled on question after question, Qamar found his head spinning. What?

His ears flickered back to the darker male that had joined. "Er --- Well..I'm from...no where really? The lands are vast and there are so many prides out there. I don't really know how to answer the second question. And...I....am happy to have a place to call home."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:39 pm
The look from the adolescent hadn't been missed by her, and she returned the nod. For a time, she watched others approaching, taking in their almost easy interactions. She observed, too, the other lions native to the pride who had come to meet the new faces.

Finally, she swallowed her nerves, as best she could, and approached the lion as he directed a black and white lioness to her new home within the pride. The nerves began to creep back in, though, as she finally stood before the two-tone lion, and she swallowed, "Um... G-greetings... I am Nina-dini, I..." She took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. "I've traveled far, from the Mwezi'johari, and am hoping that I can find a place here, where... Where I can feel I belong."

oo DeD

Watching only did so much, and eventually Masikati rose to go interact. So far there was nobody for him to greet into his family, though, which meant he would have to speak to those he had grown up around, too shy yet to interact with the new lions. Finally, he simply opted to settle near Naani, barely much younger than he was. There was a space of silence from the white lion, before he glanced at the lioness, "Do you think Uju or Mberede will get new members...?" Aguu had, as ad Odachi and Akaraaka. How would the families of grief and accidents fair?

MangoMeow

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:03 pm
Naani wasn't so into watching that she didn't notice someone settling near her, but she chose not to react quite yet. Besides, he seemed just as content with the silence as she was right now. Some of the more energetic of the pride were getting up to greet the newcomers, some were hanging back to watch with suspicion.

As Masikati spoke up, the lioness tilted her head to glance at him, mane obscuring all but one pink eye, and then looked back. "Dunno." Her ear pulled back awkwardly, "I... hope so. Even though we've got Imani now, we're still really low on family members."

And the alternative to filling out their family again meant finding mates and having children, something she wouldn't be able to achieve, given that she was a girl and would move to the other's family. Besides, she wasn't terribly interested in having cubs yet, not when everything was still so confusing for her. Perhaps someday she'd change her mind, but not now.

Naani sighed, and then looked back at the white lion, debating whether to say anything more. She did need to work on communicating with others again. "Are you hoping for some new people?"

Andranis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:14 pm
oo DeD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Zuru had never had a home before, he had been traveling as he normally did when he felt the earth under his paws shake like the world was telling him that it was time for a change and a big one. Shortly after he discovered a pride he had no idea had been there and a bunch of other rogues joining this pride as well. Worshipers of death, but in a way that he respected and could honor as well. They weren't rushing towards death, death was an honor to be earned at the right time. After a full and amazing life. He had also decided that he was ready for a different chapter in his life, though that didn't mean he couldn't or wouldn't have fun.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:15 pm
User Image

Kemmasi watched quietly, a twitching tailtip the only outward sign of the vestiges of worry that he just couldn't quite shake. There would be no unworthies accepted into the pride--Nche's incredible gift would ensure that--but the state of their health was quite another story. The Di-anyi would be able to sniff out the obvious ones, true. He wasn't terribly concerned about those. He was worried about carriers, those that might not show a single sign until it was far too late. The plague had ravaged his pride, torn his family. Adding to it, after Siri's death the plaguebringer's son had abandoned his niece to the care of the pride. Not for the first time, the Amusu hoped the loathesome male had met his end out there, his spirit bound to wander with none to free it.

Not something he should wish upon another. Such a fate could not be his decision alone. He knew this. It was...his personal failing. Nobody was perfect.

Nkocha...

Despite his concern, he was pleased to see at least one had made it into the Ahuojoo. He dared hope this would be good for his niece; these outsiders might treat her better than those born into the pride. They would not remember the plague, nor would they be wary of her for simply carrying the blood of the one that had started it all. He hoped these new family members would be kind to her. For his part, he would do his best to be a welcoming face for any that might be a fit for the Elo family.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:32 am
The questions came quickly, but Sawa smiled serenely as she made a little mental list of what to reply with. Her fellow joining rogue seemed a bit tripped up by the questions but the lioness wasn't too phased. Being one of fourteen cubs meant she had a good memory for being spoken to quickly and by lots of different voices.

"I was born in a pride but left as adolescents did on a quest, and upon my return no one was there, so I wandered as a rogue since then. It's quite varied, really. Some places are hot and dry, others are lush and green. I am quite delighted to find a new home...being a rogue is nice but it wears on you after a while. I'm ready to settle down, I think, and this pride spoke to me."

Zuko stood beside Mgbamizu with a neutral expression on his face. He was curious about what was outside of their borders although not as rabidly so as the other male. It was interesting to hear both of the lions speak even if the male seemed overwhelmed by the questions.

"Mm. I'm sure at least one will be placed with us," he said, glancing over at the hoard that seemed to be entering. By the time they were through he felt as if their numbers would have doubled. Ugh...so many new faces to learn and figure out if they were lions he could tolerate being around.

KasaiLoki

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:37 pm
User Image

By the time Dharau arrived, quite the number had already gathered. Most of the lions he recognized, but others... Pelts and manes in colors that defied description, their variance almost painful to look at after such a long time of the familiar, mostly dark tones he'd come to expect from the lions of the Nezi-ozu. The frown forming at the corners of the lion's mouth twitched. But then, that was the point of all this, wasn't it? These lions were here to become Nezi. Rogue blood to join the pride. As if they hadn't learned from past mistakes at all. Isiike's bones barely commended to the earth, and here they were, surely setting the priest's soul to twisting.

Amidst the crowd, green eyes settled on one in particular. Although they'd been searching out an entirely different creature, this one would certainly do. Nodding to the older male as he padded closer, Dharau settled himself next to the ruddy form of Kemmasi. It was high time he had words with the Elo's Amusu, after all. "Quite the commotion here, don't you think? Do you imagine we'll see any new brothers or sisters?" The male asked softly, voice light until he'd sussed out the other's feelings on these events. Some were already greeting the rogues - sorry, no, he corrected himself. They greeted new members, no doubt, of their respective families. Even the thought carried a touch of sneer. Their utter willingness to forge strange new ties struck him as just a bit...unsettling.

Excited Apathy

User Image

Another lion sat alongside the crowd, watching politely, if a little intensely. Steady lilac eyes tracked the myriad of new faces, expression unreadable beneath hanks of grassy mane. Inkumbulo was glad to see that Urupuru was here with Nchekwube. Setting so much responsibility on the shoulders of such a young fellow didn't sit well with him. He seemed to be doing a fine job seeing to the rogues, but still... Ink made a mental note to speak with Urupuru later.

In the meantime, the heather-pelted lion was content to sit and watch. It gave him plenty of time to turn over how he felt about the influx of rogues slowly being integrated into his pride. Would they be happy here? Would they come to understand what it meant to be one of them? And if they could get here, border patrols were very likely to become a lot more interesting... Ink mused, lost in thought, with only idle twitches of his tail to betray his feelings.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:33 pm
oo DeD

User Image
* is an adult

Life had once been so simple and Thwayya had been so sheltered from the harsh realities of a world outside of her home pride. Now, all of this was but a memory and here, now woken to the cruelties of the world, she stood. Thwayya was a survivor and she had done very well on her own but now she yearned for something stable and for some one to remember her. The lioness had heard whispers about a place where the families were tight knit and the dead were remembered so she sought them out.

The green tinted lioness took a bold step forward to introduce her self.

"I am Thwayya. I have traveled the lands outside and wish to leave a life of travel to join with your pride. I wish to find a true family." She bowed her head to show her humility and gratefulness to have been accepted in to their lands.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

oo Ded generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 8!

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:56 pm

1. Akaraaka (fate)
  2. Agadi (old age)
  3. Agha (war)
  4. Aghugo (treachery)
  5. Aguu (famine)
  6. Ahuojoo (sickness)
  7. Elo (venom)
  8. Odachi (disaster)
  9. Mberede (accident)
  10. N'anya (love)
  11. Nganga (pride)
  12. Nkunwu (apathy)
  13. Uju (grief)

"Thank you," The adolescent returned to Mags, "for choosing this place as your home."

Nchekwube nodded to his father. "Thank you, Da. Really." He affectionately bumped his forehead into Urupuru's shoulder before turning to find the next new face. To Nordras, Nchekwube nodded. "I would be happy to hear of the places that you've traveled, Nordras," the lion replied, meeting his eyes and relaxing just enough to slip into his trance. The world spun and became fuzzy then snapped back into clarity, his gaze focused on the white lion's vividly green eyes.

"We will have you," he said with a nod. "The family Odachi would have you, specifically," the sandy lion finished with another, confirming nod.
Lightning Shadow X

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces