Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[SR. WEYRLINGS] A Bloody Deck of Cards [ROUND 4] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Cheri rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:57 pm

Dr'stan & Green Cynosuth

Round: 1
Roll: 2
HP: 6

Dr'stan's efforts to reassure Cynosuth and get her on an even keel did not stop the second bag of firestone from falling. He was beginning to think that it was he, and not she, that was the problem. Oh dear.

I'm sorry! I will try harder. Please don't be upset!

Cynosuth, calm down. It is fine. They will be fine. Nothing is the matter. Just focus.

Uta rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:07 pm
C'lusi & blue Macuith
You've got this, okay? Despite the chaos, you perform your role admirably, and people would almost think this isn't your very first time doing this!

- - - -

The fight continued on. Though C'lusi's nerves hadn't relaxed, he was so focused on the fight, and keeping Macuith and himself aware of their surroundings, as well as any changes from V'mel, he didn't have time to worry. Heck, he hardly had time to think -- and between focusing on visuals so Macuith could jump from place to place without getting lost -- the entire fight was as mentally exhausting as it was physical!

Thankfully, they managed to push through without incident. He heard squeals and bellows, and though Macuith periodically mentioned who was wounded, he couldn't break his resolve. So far, though, so good...

I told you we had this. Macuith sent a wave of love and pride to his rider.

Maybe, but it's not over yet, Mac. There's still a lot of fight ahead of us. A small part of the man knew it was highly unlikely they'd make it out clean. Even they weren't that lucky.

Round 1
Roll: 1 = 10
Roll 2: 12

HP: 6  

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

TheWishling rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:33 pm
.::HP-10 || 9-13: Honestly, this started out nerve-wracking, but now you're almost bored. Almost no thread makes it down to your level, and the wings seem in fighting shape this time, with few to no injuries. You keep yourself alert, but the want to do more to help thrums in your blood. ::.

One patch of Thread eliminated, but now...Well. Now she and Zenobiath were watching. Her eyes moved over every chromatic and metallic hide in the sky, anxiety and attention written across her face. Every once in a while, the Gold would croon to her rider, a note of concern for the mounting agitation in her beloved's mind. She understood the desire to help, but why was Alumet so anxious at the fact that they had to fly so low? She was a Queen, and therefor, she had to be careful. As much as she too wanted to take to the heights to tend to her beloved clutchmates, there was little they could do without serious risk to each of them.

Oddly, Alumet found her eyes straying between C'lusi, C'ryn, and Demanthra. The young Greenrider, it was because her beloved Gold was terribly enamored of her Green, knowing well that this was her sister for whom she would always be responsible. Her brother, well, that was the obvious one. How could she keep her eyes off someone so near and dear to her heart? Then there was C'ryn. While she still had feelings for K'ienn, and Zenobiath remained blissfully unattached, the young girl was finding herself fascinated by the bronzerider. He seemed to constantly draw her eyes.  
Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:10 pm
Demanthra and Green Monath

Demanthra felt the nerves bubbling up inside of her, another big day had come upon them. As her sister and the other assistants to Master V'mel came to get them, she felt like her heart was in her stomach. Paired flying was one thing, that had made her nervous, but she had been too excited to let that get to her. This time, though, this was their first time dealing with actual Thread. They had practiced and they had been prepared, but nothing could compare to the real thing. She made sure her straps were where they could and her outfit was as ready as it could be. She took the bag of firestone and put it in her pouch with a trembling hand. As V'mel gave his speech, she tried to get her mind ready for what was to come. Her eyes drifted up to see the older riders dealing with the thread up higher.

I know you are nervous, Mine, but this is what we are meant to do. We will do beautifully and no matter what, we are in this together,Monath spoke in her rider's mind. She filled her with a swell of affection and confidence, knowing it was needed. Once V'mel gave the signal, she felt Demanthra climb into place and then they were taking off. She felt the encouragement and love from her clutch sibs, which she sent back double.

Alright, let's do this,Demanthra thought, their minds melding more into one as they kept their eyes out for the silvery threat.

Demanthra was still scared, by she watched with some pride as Monath managed to burn thread that they managed to see.

Monath,she thought to her beloved green.

I see it and that one is mineshe thought back brightly, spotting the stray clump trying to sneak past. Nope, she wasn't going to let it and she sent a blast of her fire right at it. Direct hit and she watched with satisfaction as it became nothing more than dust.

Current HP: 6/6
Roll: 1
RNG: 16

14 – 16. Your blood is up, and you're scared as can be, but it feels really good to see thread crumble to your flame. You spy a stray clump and blast it to dust!  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Tsunake rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:30 am
The time had come to show the world just what they had been training hard for over this past Turn. Dragonmen must fly when Threads are in the sky... or something like that. V'mel's speech was oddly eloquent for the terse Weyrlingmaster, and both G'ran and Elzebuth were trembling with nervous, eager energy. It was strange, but he could feel Elzebuth's desire to flame, to sear the silver scourge from the sky. It mixed with his own feelings, strengthening them, and G'ran knew that if he didn't control it, it could make them both become irrational with the desire to burn all they could. They had a role to play, and it was vital that they stick with it.

Elzebuth sent waves of reassurance and confidence to Aurinkoth and Menankith, noisily chewing firestone and gulping it down. His flame needed to be hot and strong when they were in the air! Once V'mel had taken to the skies, Elzebuth tensed his powerful limbs and launched into the air after him. Much like his rider, he was built for strength and endurance, taking to the skies with ease.

The sounds of dragons flaming, roaring, bellowing erupted all around them, and G'ran had his teeth clenched even as adrenaline surged through his body. The wind unexpectedly knocked them sideways, and Elzebuth redoubled his efforts to keep formation, flaming every bit of Thread that he saw. Triumph surged through both rider and dragon each time--but the big brown overextended himself as he tried to keep up the pace...

G'ran felt his left shoulder wrench suddenly, and he bit his tongue hard enough that it bled. He immediately reached for Elzebuth, assessing the damage. His dragon stubbornly tried to shove his concern away, high on adrenaline and the desire to prove himself--but G'ran was still able to assess that, while likely sprained, this was not an injury that was enough to ground him.

I am fine. Elzebuth's voice was hot with rage and desire to press on, and after a moment, G'ran conceded. They were all right. But they couldn't make any more foolish mistakes.

HP: 6/7  
Bronze Coffee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:20 am
R'am of Green Lemath
5/6

This green was a bundle of energy that R'am always struggled to fully reign in. Today it was worse because everyone knew that this was the day for this clutch. Lemath was constantly moving, twitching, looking around, but she stayed in formation.

R'am! R'am, this is so exciting! Her eyes were a swirl of colors going through her emotions. They were both nervous but excited, worried but ready. They could do this.

"I know, I know! Let's take it easy." He kept himself balanced as his green, reigns tight in his hands. This was different than tossing the sacks.

Just as the pair lined up, a stray thread slipped past Lemath's flames as she released it. R'am pulled on the reigns to twist away, but he didn't get the timing right. It got Lemath's front leg as they twisted. He heard her startled hiss of pain.

Ow! R'am, don't do that again! She was more startled than mad. She heard thread hurt, but she'd been so safe from it until now.

They couldn't be concerned for too long about it. There was more Thread to fight.  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:32 pm
Demanthra and Green Monath

Demanthra was feeling a bit better, but was still nervous with everything that was going on. Monath was doing alright with the flaming of thread, but her rider knew anything could happen. As her green spotted a piece a bit away, she told her she should go between to deal with it. So they popped into between and when they came back out, Demanthra let out a cry of surprise as they were met with a stream of fire. She heard an exclamation of pain from Monath as it hit her tail from the green trying to retreat from the flames. The young dragon knew to quickly go between, to cool down the burn to her tail. When they came back out from between again, the young woman made sure there was no fire where they appeared.

Monath, are you okay, my dear one?she thought to her dragon in concern.

Hmmph, I don't know whose flame that was, but they are going to get chewed out for that. Didn't they know that was my thread piece to get? Now they made me singe my tail and it hurts. However, we can tend to it later, I want to do more,the green's voice sniffed.

I will make sure someone looks at your tail and make it good as new when we land, okay? Wouldn't want anything to mar the look of my beautiful dragon,she soothed in a gentle voice. The fact that Monath was complaining about it was a good sign to her.

Current HP: 4/6 (-2)
Roll: 2
RNG: 2

2. You pop out of between at just the wrong moment, ending up face-to-face with a column of flame. You're forced to duck back between to cool the furious burns! Take 2 damage!  
magnadearel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:47 pm
User Image

Jynnat had been listening to the older riders talking about the upcoming threadfall for days. The young woman had been wondering if they'd be called upon to help fight this time. Most of the chromatic dragons of Tarot had reached full growth now and they'd been training for this day for months and months. Her own Begath was a healthy 28 feet. She'd been flip-flopping in her mind if the senior weyrlings would be fighting, but she'd laid out her gear just in case the call went out.

It had and Jynnat scrambled into her thick leather jacket, goggles, and cap. Around Begath she placed the sturdy leather harness he'd over watched her make. Her stomach a tight knot as she reported with the others. She accepted her sack of firestone and fed Begath until he had enough to make a suitable flame. Jynnat listened to V'mel over the low sound of Begath chewing.

I'd rather not lose any blood or flesh today actually. Try to keep the stunts to a minimum today Begath. The blue eyed his rider as he chewed carefully. Do not worry mine. We will be so awesome today, Thread will turn and fly the other way! I have plenty of plans to try. Jynnat sighed to herself, not having the heart to tell the blue that's why she was worried. Nor did she really wish to die, but she knew that was the possible price for having Begath. Her Perfect Partner.

Well almost perfect. Jynnat checked the straps by his neck ridges once last time from force of habit. Shaft those tiny ridges. She smirked at V'mel's closing line. Yup that was more like what she expected. Jynnat put a booted foot upon the blue arm raised just for her, and swung up onto the blue shoulders that felt perfectly right for her. She urged Begath up in their turn. No ******** ups now.

Jynnat unconsciously tightened her grip on the straps, and reminded herself to breath. She stared up as they rose to meet the silver menace. It was pretty and scary at the same time. Begath rumbled approvingly at Zenobiath's speech, short as it was, it was good. Then it was all action and reflexes. She felt Begath flame a clump. Somehow training didn't seem as close to this now as it had been at the time.

The group reached the edge and turned to reenter the fray. Jynnat felt her stomach flip flop as she took bearings. Wait Begath! Something seems off. The blue slowed in response but didn't see anything. As they hurried to catch up, a piece of thread slipped through. Ugh if she hadn't hesitated! Begath get it! I will! I will! Watch this! He rolled over and passed through a patch of flame from Varionnith. Varionnith that is me! That's me! Begath gave a shrill cry as the flames lightly touched his haunches.

Jynnat winced as she felt his pain. Ugh! What did I tell you Begath? Are you ok? Yes I'll be alright, it was only light. You're lucky you have a rider that has a strong stomach, she grumbled to herself over his little stunt.

Current HP: 6 - 1= 5

4 – 8. Your nerves are getting the better of you, and you waiver as your wing beings the next pass. A thread you should have been in place to flame slips past, and you hurry to get it, ending up ducking right through a teammate's flame in the process! Take one damage!
ChaosTheories
Roasty toasty blue butt

magnadearel

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:49 pm
————ROUND 2 BEGIN!————

V'mel saw just about every blunder of his riders, felt (through Aviroth) every misstep and mistake. There was a reason this first attempt was often called the Weyrling's Blooding, and this crop was proving that true enough. That wasn't to say he was disappointed. If they'd all come through scar-less he'd have been shocked to the core. But he always, of course, expected them to do better. Thankfully none had panicked, and despite their various wounds, none had fallen too out of step. They were new to this, after all.

A glance upwards revealed the still-steady wings. No change there, not yet. In another hour or two the weaker greens and any whites might come down to rotate out, but his wing was on a slightly different schedule. They none of them, not even the browns, bronze, and gold, would fly the entire fall, no not yet. But they'd fight a bit more. And hopefully shake off the apparent nerves of finally facing down The Enemy.

———Current HP Standings———

Zenobiath: 10/10 HP
Aresoth: 7/8 HP
Elzebuth: 6/7 HP
Menankith: 5/7 HP

Aurinkoth: 5/6 HP
Begath: 5/6 HP
Macuith: 6/6 HP
NPC Blue 1: 5/6 HP
NPC Blue 2: 6/6 HP

Cynosuth: 6/6 HP
Lemath: 5/6 HP
Monath: 4/6 HP
Thanoth: 6/6 HP
Varionnith: 3/6 HP
Veledath: 5/6 HP
Xochith: 5/6 HP
NPC Green 1: 4/6 HP
NPC Green 2: 5/6 HP
NPC Green 3: 5/6 HP
NPC Green 4: 6/6 HP

———Color Stats/Roll Charts———
GREENS
Quote:
  • Greens will fly for THREE ROUNDS.
  • Greens start with SIX HP.
  • Greens will retreat when below THREE HP.
  • Greens will roll a D20 each round.

Quote:
Green Rolling Chart
1. You duck! You dodge! You weave!...Right into a wind-tossed clump of thread. It tangles around your pair in a nasty mess! Take 3 damage!

2. You pop out of between at just the wrong moment, ending up face-to-face with a column of flame. You're forced to duck back between to cool the furious burns! Take 2 damage!

3 – 7. A stray thread slips past your flames. You twist away, but not in time to fully avoid it! Take 1 damage!

8 – 10. Actual combat is so much more stressful than drills! It's loud, it's hectic, and it has you off your game. You move to toss a sack of stone to one of the higher wings, but your aim is wide, and it plummets back to Pern. Better hope no one was below you!

11 – 13. It's a lot louder up here than you expected: dragons are roaring and screaming, fire is blazing. You hear V'mel call out a direction, but you're not certain which. Thankfully your instinct isn't bad, and though you're a bit wobbly, you turn just in time to match the rest. Whew! ...No one saw that, right?

14 – 16. Your blood is up, and you're scared as can be, but it feels really good to see thread crumble to your flame. You spy a stray clump and blast it to dust!

17 – 19. Nerves aside, it looks like you might be really good at this! You dart around your slower peers like a fiend, slinging sacks of stone and flaming thread when you see it. Any wing would be proud to have you!

20. Oh no!! A big clump slipped the gaps, and is falling directly towards one of your wingmates! They don't see it, but you stoop into a dive. You break formation...but you get it! A shower of harmless ash dusts your teammate, but no thread. Quote a teammate of your choice who took damage from thread in this round to nullify that damage!

BLUES
Quote:
  • Blues will fly for THREE ROUNDS.
  • Blues start with SIX HP.
  • Blues will retreat when below THREE HP.
  • Blues will roll a D20 each round.

Quote:
Blue Rolling Chart
1. As you swoop upwards to toss a sack of stone to the wings above, you're stunned to see them instead open their jaws and spew flames...right towards you! It looks like you were a beat from colliding with thread...but that much flame hurts too! Take three damage!

2 – 3. You twist about to duck a stray clump, but the wind changes suddenly, flinging you back into it! You snap between to freeze the deadly strands! Take two damage!

4 – 8. Your nerves are getting the better of you, and you waiver as your wing beings the next pass. A thread you should have been in place to flame slips past, and you hurry to get it, ending up ducking right through a teammate's flame in the process! Take one damage!

9 – 11. You cut it a bit close as you swoop low to grab another sack of stone. Watch it! Next time you'd better come in a bit easier, or else you'll be short a claw or two!

12 – 15. You've got this, okay? Despite the chaos, you perform your role admirably, and people would almost think this isn't your very first time doing this!

16 – 19. You rise up to toss a sack of stone to a rider above, but over their shoulder—thread! You deftly launch a blast just over them, disintegrating it without hitting an inch of the rider. They toss you a salute as you heave up the sack, and you catch a glimpse of the wingleader's eye on you with pride!

20. You spot a teammate only moments away from flying into trouble! Thinking fast, you call out to them to between! They manage it just in the nick of time, popping out a moment later, unscathed. Quote a teammate of your choice who took any damage in this round to nullify that damage!

BROWNS
Quote:
  • Browns will fly for FOUR ROUNDS.
  • Browns start with SEVEN HP.
  • Browns will retreat when below THREE HP.
  • Browns will roll a D20 each round.

Quote:
Brown Rolling Chart
1.A stray thread proves just too swift to dodge, despite all your efforts. It winds about you, tangling in a snare-like web, biting into your skin with white-hot pain. Take three damage!

2 – 3. A faster teammate darts right into your line of fire, searing the thread you were aiming at. You between to avoid a crash, but when you pop back, you fly right into a small clump, forcing you back between again! Take two damage!

4. You're moving through maneuvers just fine, you have no trouble flaming every thread you see. There's on now! You open your mouth to flame, line it up—! THWACK! A heavy bag of firestone lands on your head, cracking with blunt force before toppling off to finally thud to the ground below. Ow! Who dropped that...?! Take one damage!

5 – 10. A strong gust of wind heralds a change in weather, and thus pace. You strain to keep up with the wing's new, more energetic pace as more and more thread makes it to your level. You flame every piece you see, but one maneuver asks just too much, too fast from you. You feel the muscle of your wing wrench painfully as you turn, though it's not enough to ground you alone.Take one damage!

11 – 14. You're starting to get in the flow of things! This is still a bit more than you were ready for, but you manage not to make any huge blunders or set yourself (or anyone else!) on fire. This time, at least.

15 – 17. Okay, this is terrifying, but you're pretty bad-a** at it. The longer you fly, the more you feel the fear drop away, replaced by confidence in the fact that you're doing what you were made to do. You blast a clump of thread to ash! Take that, Red Star!

18 – 19. You're as cool and steady as the stones of High Reaches' peaks. Others might waver, but not you. You flawlessly execute each turn and swoop, almost seeming to anticipate the calls and directions V'mel dictates. You even manage to snag a sack of stone that someone up above you dropped! Nice job!

20. Yikes! You see someone on your team flying right into another dragon's flame! They're so focused on a patch of thread that they don't even see! You cry out at them in warning, and thanks to your quick actions and thinking, they're able to dodge! Quote a teammate of your choice who took damage from flame in this round to nullify that damage!

BRONZES
Quote:
  • Bronzes will fly for FIVE ROUNDS.
  • Bronzes start with EIGHT HP.
  • Bronzes will retreat when below THREE HP.
  • Bronzes will roll a D20 each round.

Quote:
Bronze Rolling Chart
1. There's so much to keep track of! You know that one day you might be in charge of your own wing, and it has you on high alert for the condition of everyone else in your wing. Unfortunately, that distraction blinds you to a big clump of thread coming right at you! Take three damage!

2 – 4. You struggle to react as quickly as some others when thread comes your direction, and unfortunately, your green and blue wingmates are dealing with other strands at the moment! You twist away with a wrench, and manage to duck the thread, but you feel a sharp pain at the base of your wing that distressingly doesn't fade once you straighten out! Take one damage this round, and one additional damage in the next round!

5 – 11. A zippy teammate whisks by, blasting thread that nearly gets you...but their flame is a bit wide, and you feel it lick up your flank! Still, it's better than being threaded! Take one damage!

12 – 14. You narrowly dodge a falling clump, watching as your more agile teammates swoop past to sear it. Don't feel bad that you couldn't get it yourself—your wingmates return to your wake after darting after it, thankful to ride the air you cut for them. Looks like everyone has a role to play!

14 – 16. You see a massive clump of tangling thread fall into your line of fire. It must have been several smaller strands that the wind's caught and mixed up! A green and a blue swoop in to flame it, but it's so large that their efforts aren't enough! Thankfully your blaze is enough to tip the scale, and the three of you destroy it with just a bit more effort! Is that what the upper wings deal with all the time?!

17 – 19. As big as you are, you're able to carry multiple sacks of stone up to the higher wings at once. You sling both with ease, right on target! Success!

20. You see a wingmate in danger of taking a hit! Without hesitation you intercede, scorching the threat to nothing and giving them time to regroup in your wake. Great job! Quote a teammate of your choice who took damage from thread in this round to nullify that damage!

ZENOBIATH
Quote:
  • Zenobiath will fly for FIVE ROUNDS.
  • She will start with TEN HP.
  • She will retreat when below FIVE HP.
  • She will roll a D20 each round.

Quote:
Zenobiath's Rolling Chart
1. As you watch your fellow weyrlings wheeling and flaming overhead, worried or maybe a bit jealous of the action they're seeing, you miss one of the rare stray clumps of thread. Your fellow golds cry out to warn you, but not before you feel the icy-hot bite of it! Take three damage!

2. Finally! Some action! You swing around to aim your flamethrower at a trailing piece of thread, just in time to realize one of the older, quicker queens has beaten you to it! You fly right into their line of fire, ducking between to cool the fresh burn. Take two damage!

3. Oh no! A dragon from one of the upper wings is falling from the sky! You duck into their path to help catch them, but you weren't expecting them to be so heavy! They land atop you awkwardly and heavily before they roll off and onto the next gold on the way down. Hopefully they'll be okay...! Take one damage!

4 – 8. It's your moment! You deftly work to sear a rogue batch of thread, but oh no! It's not fully charred before it connects with you! There's barely any left, but it still stings, and sends you between to freeze it away! Take one damage!

9 – 13. Honestly, this started out nerve-wracking, but now you're almost bored. Almost no thread makes it down to your level, and the wings seem in fighting shape this time, with few to no injuries. You keep yourself alert, but the want to do more to help thrums in your blood.

14 – 18. Your practice with the flamethrower has paid off! You sear a stray clump into ash, earning a praising look from one of your golden peers. Just because you're not a top-flight wing doesn't mean your work isn't just as important!

19 – 20. Danger! You glance up just in time to see one of your fellow weyrlings fall into the path of danger! You call out to them, and they avoid it at the last moment, much to your relief. Quote a teammate of your choice who took any damage in this round to nullify that damage!

ShinosBee rolled 6 20-sided dice: 8, 6, 4, 20, 5, 5 Total: 48 (6-120)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:54 pm
ROLLS FOR NPCS: Green 1, Green 2, Blue 1, Green 3, Green 4, Blue 2.

Green 1
HP: 4/6
Roll: 8 - All fine...but dropped some stone!

Green 2
HP: 5/6
Roll: 6 - Minus 1 HP!

Blue 1
Roll: 4 - Minus 1 HP!

Green 3
Roll: 20 - Thread heal incoming!

Green 4
HP: 6/6
Roll: 5 - Minus 1 HP!

Blue 2
HP: 6/6
Roll: 5 - Minus 1 HP!

Revel1984
Green three is saving Xochith!

ShinosBee

Nerd

Meepfur rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:56 pm
As they popped back out of between, it would have been nice to have a moment, or even half a moment, to assess the damage they'd just taken - beyond the tangential awareness of a stinging pain that belonged to both of them and the realization that she would not be wearing this jacket again - but they had no time for that, because their timing was was absolutely terrible. They reappeared just in time to catch another clump of Thread...or would have, had Aresoth - Aresoth, of all dragons! - not caught it first. The brown was, predictably, caught between irritation and relief. That first clump that had gotten them really had hurt, and had blown into them in just such a way that hisNadry had caught more of it than he had, and that...that he could not abide again today.

A whisper of reluctant, but no less genuine, gratitude was sent the bronze's way.

[HP: 5/7] (saaaved by Aresoth haha.)  
Tsunake rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:19 pm
G'ran carefully monitored Elzebuth's strained wing as the brown continued to swoop through the skies, belching flame and searing the silver scourge to little more than charred ash. The wind buffeted them fiercely once more, and Elzebuth pivoted sharply to try and keep up with formation--only for red-hot pain to sear through his right wing this time. The brown bellowed with frustration more than anything, and his rider grit his teeth hard against his own, similar feelings.

Steady! G'ran thought sharply, and felt more than heard Elzebuth's furious assent. They would have time to reflect and improve on this later. For now, staying sharp and alert was the most important thing... even if it was beyond grating to struggle so!

HP: 5/7  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:21 pm
Ichta touched her mind over the burn - though it wasn't a horrible. It was enough that Ichta could feel it's numb sting along her neck and shoulder, willing it into a dull sensation for both of them to ignore. Aurinkoth sent his rider a wave of good cheer, then, briefly, looked away towards the green he felt most fondly of.

While there were no words, there was an enormous wave of warm affection sent towards Cynosuth. She was doing fine!

Aurinkoth! The word wasn't expressly said, more than impressed into his mind like his own thought in an immediate sense as silver streams went passing by him, earning a gently pat on the shoulder as he turned, as if on a dime, and went tearing after it - and right into the flames of another again. Rider and Dragon both let out an involuntary noise of pain in that moment.

They had to do better!

Mx Cherie
I FEEL RESPONSIBLE FOR CYNOSUTH GETTING HURT NOW I HAD THIS TYPED BEFORE YOU ROLLED WEEP

CURRENT HP: 4/6  
Uta rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:34 pm
You twist about to duck a stray clump, but the wind changes suddenly, flinging you back into it! You snap between to freeze the deadly strands! Take two damage!
- - -

C'lusi couldn't believe the adrenaline coursing through Macuith, which only echoed his own. Though Thread wasn't nearly as heavy as in the actual Wings, there was more coming through than he'd expected. He supposed it wasn't easy -- it was nearly constant in its fall, and while the dragons swept up what they could, the silver tangles blew about, and continued their onslaught. Between the bellows and squeals of pain, and periodic updates, it was almost a strain to stay focused.

Over there! He directed his blue, spotting a silvery clump falling down fast just up and tot their right.

Macuith saw it, and gracefully twisted so he could focus on the target. It was almost easy, really -- gliding on wing, using the wind to their advantage. The blue couldn't help but be confident, because he was never anything less. Why shouldn't he find ease in this? Oh, certainly, it took willpower and hardwork, but he HAD to be confident...otherwise the blue would be terribly frightened, and that would be preposterous to admit! No, they would all come through this. One fight, one battle under their belts, one flame at a time.

Opening his jaw to belch his flame, the wind suddenly changed, and a strong gust blew through. It pushed rider and dragon right into the clump, the silver strands tangling around Macuith's neck, shoulder, and chest, and a few around C'lusi's leg.

It happened so quick, pain of rider and dragon mixed with Macuith's trumpet of surprise, before it cut out as they blinked Between.

Sweet, sweet, relief.... though the frigid cold didn't last long enough. They popped out, higher up than before, with C'lusi immediately checking Macuith, and glancing down at his leg. He patted the thick fabric down, and though tender, it would be fine. It hadn't chewed through the thick fabric fast enough before the cold killed it; Macuith, on the other hand, had nothing but his own hide to save him from Thread, and his once flawless hide was now patterned with threadscore and green ichor.

"Are you all right!?"

Of course! The blue lied, just a little. It hurt, and his pride was wounded, but he wasn't going to say a word about it! No, the pain... would pass. Scars will only make me more attractive, remember! The dragon stated coolly, brushing off the entire ordeal as if it was nothing.

C'lusi, of course, wasn't convinced. He knew his blue, and he knew the wound stung. But there was renewed resolve, in the both of them, to stay better prepared, and keep their guard up. The wind was as much the enemy as the silver strands that fell upon their heads. This was their new reality, and would be, until the end of he Pass.
HP: 4/6

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items