Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:10 am
A jolt ran through her when Zinath spoke to her, not having expected that the green might be somewhere listening, she still had no real handle on how the connection of dragon and rider worked. Clearly there was an unspoken one for the green to have known what was being said, for she'd only ever spoken to the one dragon that she'd had speak to her before this, there had never been any thought in her mind that speaking to one's mind might work for both dragon and rider alike.

It left her feeling desperately in the dark, but a tiny bit of her that was beginning to feel things against her wishes felt better, comfort came in knowing that she wasn't completely useless, that her brother hadn't been the only one. But it had been Killakeeth, so there was really no telling without hearing it directly from her and the gold had decided she was a foolish idiot. Shards, she felt like a foolish idiot herself, she could hardly blame the gold for feeling the same.

Time was something she wasn't used to having, no time to plan for long periods, it all had to happen fast or not at all. She liked to plan. "I promise. I promise to try... thank you."

With the arrival of her brother she simply leaned into his larger form, happy to have him there even if it was brief. It appeared, at least to her, that something was about to happen, or at least A'ral wouldn't have needed them both. He had of course mentioned changing her schedule so she could see Erastan, but she didn't know what that meant, everything had been fairly the same since she'd gotten to the Weyr and nothing changed other than Threadfall. Near as she could tell anyway.

Mx Cherie

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:54 pm

"You are welcome, Etansi." Liat will need to know of Erastan's behavior. Please tell Orioth that we will need to discuss her new weyrlings. Beyond, of course, the usual discussion that they had already planned. A'ral observed the new weyrling with a somewhat disapproving eye. This sort of behavior would not stand. And Junenth, A'ral told Zinath as an afterthought.

"Erastan will have a lot of learning to do. As such, I will need to coordinate his schedule with your own. To that end, I will confer with Liat to see if there are any extra lessons that she anticipates this clutch will need." Undoubtedly at least the young man would need those lessons. Sipping his tea, he contemplated how he might weave their schedules together. "You will both have free time. I expect you to use it well."

Sinders Path
Hattaki

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:05 am
A chord struck within her when her master mentioned 'extra lessons' and both of her eyes dropped a bit as she mulled over what that could mean for her brother and his frightened little dragon. First time she'd seen that little blue she'd thought how he seemed weak and when he'd spoken to her it had cemented in her mind that he wasn't necessarily weak as he was afraid of everything, that seemed bad for a dragon that would be fighting thread within a Turn or two. While Erastan had learned right alongside her in their brief stint together as Candidates, now he had the chance of dying if he didn't learn well enough or fast enough and that had Etansi's stomach twisting around the cookie she'd eaten

"Extra... if they need extra lessons..." Etansi started, swallowing past the lump that had swiftly formed in her throat when her mind had settled on what she was about to say. Turning to look at her twin and the only person that had ever truly mattered to her, she knew that she wasn't the only one that mattered to him anymore, at least not solely. "Dragons are most important. Sisters are not. You... could lose him."

It was hard to even get it out, but just the thought of the two of them fighting thread unprepared sent ice through her. Her brother needed to learn and help his dragon not be afraid, she needed to learn how to survive without both of them. So if she gave him all of her free time she wouldn't be able to catch up to the rest of the Candidates around her, it would have to be less than she wanted, less than she was willing to deal with. But it was important and she was smart enough to admit that even another wave of sadness and panic settled over her like a dragon holding her down with it's foot.

Mx Cherie

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:03 am
Hattaki

Mx Cherie

Erastan sat up straighter in the chair without unwrapping his arms from his twin and pulled on memories of all the lessons he had been given on acting like an actual human person. "Thankyou. I'm grateful." It came out rather robotic but it was genuine.
To be able to spend time with his twin was always a gift he was just bad at expressing himself outside of the privet interactions he shared with those that were closest to him.

He knew was likely in for extra lessons, that was fine. He didn't mind. It was a good excuse to spend time away from the brackets and other weyrlings. Connecting to any of his peers on a personal level was almost beyond him. Which was why he an Aspalath were such a good match under the surface. Both of them found the world a little bit much, neither saw a place in it for themselves. Erastan just reacted to it all with simmering anger and the cold shoulder were as Aspalth's feelings were converted to fear.

At least they knew they could trust and love each other...Erastan just loved his sister too
"Dragons are just important as sisters.But. I just need to be with Aspalath more now, cause he's growing and he needs me to protect him. Jst wait a bit for him to grow, then we can be together more, all three of us." As for thread, Erastan had given it some thought but he failed completly to hold the picture of himself fighting the silver foe. He had other things to focus on which were a lot nearer  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:32 am

A'ral leaned forward in his seat, a look of concern on his face. "Etansi, they will have time for you. Erastan is going to be good to Asphalath, and he won't lose him. It is not going to be easy, no, but there will be time. You will spend less time with your brother than you did before. But he doesn't need to, say, avoid you during mealtimes. He doesn't need to ignore you. His dragon needs him a lot right now, but Asphalath knows how special you are to him."

It really tugged at his heart to see the girl so upset. "You are both going to be working very hard. I want you ready to Impress a dragonet, Etansi. Erastan, Liat will ensure that you are prepared to be an equally contributing member of one of our wings. You are going to need to learn to work well with others. This is not going to be easy. However, everyone starts somewhere. No one expects you to know everything right now. Please don't worry. You just need to focus, and it will come out right. Okay?" A'ral set the teacup down onto its saucer, and observed the pair.

Hattaki
Sinders Path

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:53 am
A rumble started within her for the misunderstanding, but it wasn't their fault that she didn't communicate the exact feelings she had in this, so she swallowed it before it started. It went without saying that she needed to study more and that life would be considerably harder now than it had been before, there was another being that Erastan needed to focus on and she needed him to know that it was okay. Even if she didn't want to be second best in his life, she was smart enough to know that she was and nothing would change that.

"Not lose now. Think." Etansi bumped her bony shoulder against Erastan's chest, "Dragons fight Thread in the air, you think I have wings? Your dragon is afraid of things, you don't learn enough the first time you fight Thread you might die. Or just your dragon and your other half leaves. Can't help you up there, so you gotta focus."

Eyes sharp as she looked his face, she tried to get her point across to him, to get him to understand what her train of thought was. It hurt a lot to think that he needed a dragon much more than her but she knew if the situation had been reversed... Would it have been reversed though? Master A'ral seemed to think that she could Impress to a dragon, but she had never believed many people.

Turning her attention back to the larger man she blinked at him and her expression softened slightly, "I'll focus on learning, but I always worry." she admitted quietly.

Mx Cherie

Sinders Path

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:00 am
For a moment Erastan's face twisted with pain as he looked at his sister. "I know" he whispered. "I don't want to think on thread." He leaned into her more, wanting to feel her and take comfort in something familiar. "Feels like it's happening again, with like Mother and Ma. I love something, someone not you, so it's going to be taken somehow. Thread...it seems most likely to be that." he confessed to her miserably. That's why he clung so tightly to his sister, that was the pattern, he lost everything else he cared about but she was still there. Always something solid he could depend on.

He jerked suddenly seeming to remember that A'ral was there and listening in on them. "It's okay though." he added trying to pull back to his previous cooled demeanor before the master. "I'm....we are good students. We can learn." It was true that he picked up on concepts quickly and theory was never much of a problem for him, especially if it involved numbers and calculations which were a special talent. He didn't mind working hard either. Chores and studies seemed fair payment for food and a bed. Plus Aspalath already knew his schedule better than he did, the young dragon made sure they were never late.

But social interaction, true empathy for others outside his own small circle and forming new bonds would always be a sticking point. Add that to his over protective nature around his dragon which was making Aspalath more nervous and clingy in turn and they had some work to do.

"Can we go now?" Erastan finished

Hattaki
Mx Cherie

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out