[META-ORP] The Loyal Shall Overcome Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:07 pm
Kat had always been an unusual choice in being the Monarch's Soul. Though she was well-equipped at her role, her abilities allowed her to see towards the future but always stopped at death. She had never been the best at reading the stars or understanding the will of their ancestors. It was perhaps the one thing where Kat's skill level was normal. She was just like every other Scryer, just more revered because of her potent abilities. All she could hope was that the next Monarch's Soul (though she hardly intended to let Ashiki die so soon that she'd be forced to pass on the torch) was better at reading the will of their ancestors than she.

"Of course, I am always willing to lend you an open ear and offer you advice," she told him simply. Now that the pride had banded back together, there would be less time for Kat's games and amusements. She actually had work to do besides monitor the land and the progress of her Queen's travels. Her days of leisure were numbered, and so she'd have to start relying on others to get what she wanted.

Namely, the little treasure that stood behind her. There was no sweeter sound than silence from Chausika, though it was regrettable that the lioness did not challenge her now. She would have very much liked to wear her tongue on such a festive occassion as this, before it got too damaged by time. Though, if she spoke now, Kat could assume it would make for a very interesting ceremony.

"There is a lot that we have to catch up on now that we are together again. So much time has passed, and so little has happened. Perhaps I will summon our clergy later to cover a few things." She needed to take stock of whom she had at her disposal, and whom was actually the most useful.

Glancing back over her shoulder, she smirked at Chau, her poor unwilling pawn. "I will have Chausika do the summons for me when the time is right. Though she can't speak, for insulting our ancestors there is no suitable punishment than silence. I suppose she can nod her head or do something silly to get everyone's attention..."

---

The smile on Majuto's maw took on an amused turn as the lioness bowed her head to him. Though she had not been born into the pride, they were equals here now, and she had no reason to show such politeness. To correct her would only bring her embarrassment during what was a joyous occassion, and so instead he responded with a small bow of his own head. He'd have to tell her later on that she had no need to ever be so polite with him. It wasn't like he was a Prince or anything. He was just a Scar, proud of his pride and his position within it.

"A pleasure, Zawadi," he told her. His easy-going attitude was clear to see, and though he was a large and scarred male he was very approachable. Perhaps it was his youth that made him seem that way, and in time he would become more of an imposing figure.

"I'm not so blind to have missed the unusual coloration of your eyes. They're quite pretty." He was also... a very casual flirt. Majuto barely meant anything by it. He wasn't going around trying to court every female in the pride (and the Outlands certainly wouldn't have tolerated it). "I have not seen many lions with such soft colors in their eyes. Some jewel tones, yes, but a lot of us have dark eyes or red ones."

Z o m b i k ii

KasaiLoki

Ruler of Everything

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:47 pm
Queen Ashiki & Kethiwe

"Well, that was the intention my dear Claw," she chimed, pulling herself up short at Ebbe's shoulder as the pride began to churn in the motion of a chatting crowd. She seemed pleased with herself, watching the members of the newly reformed Ukuhlwa'Izwe as they turned to greet their neighbors, listened as they traded names and formed the starts of friendships and trust that would build her pride. She felt like a mother anew only now there were a great many more children teaming about her. "If I can't inspire my pride, what form of Queen would I be?"

Then her eyes shot up to meet her son's, a perfect mirror of color that stared back at her. He offered her an encouraging smile and then let his gaze slide past her to Ebbe. By the ancestors, that lion was more decorated with battle scars than many he'd seen in his life.

"Well, it's.. new. I have heard her move spirits before out in the Southlands but to see her like that." He shook his head, feigning a loss of words. "Ancestors help me, I hope that I can be half the Monarch she is one day."

At his side, his mother laughed and nudged her shoulder into his.

"Ahh, that's a smart answer, my love."

KasaiLoki

Everyone
Feel free to come and interact with this group if anyone else is interested!

Azzan

Chau had been right. Not that he would tell her. Not that it mattered. She had been right, though. The crowds around him were a stark contrast to the emptiness he had endured for so many years as he remained as the pride's only protection. The tunnels were filled with new scents and sounds and everywhere he looked there was a new face to meet.

It made him a little uneasy.

Having spotted Kat from a mile away, so bright and bold was her pelt, he decided that Chau must've been close by. Knowing that she could not pester him at least, he slipped through the crowd silently and took a seat next to her without a word. Something about her presence was comfortable in its vague familiarity even if she was annoyed with him.

He had warned her, though. He had.

Z o m b i k ii
HI

Krysin
Don't mind me, just.. sitting back here. Not doing anything.

Aithne & Delphi

The pair of females sat to the side of the group. They wore expressions of concentration on their faces that matched to a T even if their pelts could not have looked any more different. They were an unlikely pair, a large half-blooded Firekin and her weasley, rogue-ish friend but their relationship had formed easily in the days since they met and this was a challenge they were taking on together.

"Are you sure, Aithne?" Delphi said softly, staring at the group assembled before them. She knew them, or of them. Her father had once belonged to these lions - they had received the messenger. He adamantly refused to get anywhere near to the Queen's Eye, a lioness Delphi could already tell commanded respect. He was slinking on the borders somewhere, annoyed with her decision and cursing the half-blood Firekin that had drawn her in.

"Yes," came her immediate response, quick and fierce. "They share my blood and I owe a debt that should have been repaid generations ago."

When the red female glanced sidelong, she had pulled a wicked grin on her face. "Plus I'd really like to teach some of these rogue bloods a thing or two about fighting Firekin."

Anyone
Open to anyone! Come say hi to my Unbranded!

Telal

Unlike the adults that stared over everyone's heads and began introducing themselves to their neighbors, a small little rusty ball of fur was winding through his mother's legs with a whine on his maw. He wanted to play, not stand around.

With a feisty growl, he nipped at her ankle, plucking at her fur with his too-sharp teeth.

"Momma!" he shouted up at her, bouncing on his paws in an attempt to gain a little height. "When can we play?"

Krysin
HI AGAIN

Tonberry Queen X
If you want to throw a post at adorable cubbu

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:13 pm
Zakiya looked upon her queen with adoration. She saw the mature lioness as an almost motherly figure, and respected her above all else. No one could have led them better in the rogue lands, and now that they were in the Outlands once again there was no lioness better suited to rule than Queen Ashiki. She not only had Taka's blood, but she had the wisdom and power to see the pride rise to greatness. Zakiya's fondness for Ashiki was almost blinding. Kethiwe would have a lot to live up to when he finally ascended to the throne.

This was the homecoming she had dreamed of, and the only place she wanted to raise her cubs in. Becoming a mother herself had been unexpected, but her boys brought her the greatest joy. Thinking of her cubs, she looked down quickly to try and locate where they were. It would be too easy for her to lose them amongst the celebrations, and she wasn't sure the new pride members would even pay attention to two small cubs roughhousing.

"Telal!" she hissed at her son, picking up her paw and shaking out her wrist. His little teeth were sharp, and she could see between her pale fur the indentation they had made against her skin. With a patient sigh, she lowered her gaze back down to her son. "When everyone has settled down I'm sure we'll be able to find some cubs for you to play with." The truth was that for now, there weren't many little ones within the pride. Zakiya had her two boys, but she had yet to see anyone else with cubs.

Was it wrong for her to hope for new young ones soon? Telal needed someone to sink his teeth into that wasn't his own mother.

"For now," and her head lowered, jaws closing around the scruff of Telal's neck. She lifted her cub effortlessly, and deposited him on top of a termite mound that was about the size of herself. "How's that for a view? See anything interesting up there?"

Felyn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:44 pm
Felyn

Krysin

Z o m b i k ii

"I would like that, very much." Kufu said with a small nod of his head.

"Indeed we do." His dark green eyes drifted, spotting his darker brother just in the distance. So, that's where he went off to. "Perhaps I can get Majuto to stop by for a quick greeting as well. Although he chose the Scar's path, I'm sure he would still love to see you." Maybe love was too strong of a word?

His ears perked as his head tilted. "A suiting punishment." He agreed. "I will make sure to keep an eye out for Chausika's signal." His eyebrow quirked as a small smirk settled on his lips. He pictured the lioness doing some sort of silly dance to capture his attention. That would definitely be a sight to see.

Kufu's gaze shifted to the new figure that approached. He was sure he had seen the male before back in their younger days, but names did escape him. "If you would excuse me," he said to Katiti. "I have a small score to settle with my brother." Mainly not being here with him at the start of the speech.

---

Ebbe's chuckle was low as his shook his head. "You have indeed taught him well, haven't you." He commented at Kethiwe's answer, shifting his eyes towards Ashiki once more, before glancing over his shoulder behind him to the pride gathered around. All the mingling lions in one place. It was such a site to see compared to what they all went through in the south lands not so long ago.

Some met his gaze, others didn't. Preoccupied with their current conversations to see that they were being observed. Ebbe had started to pick out a few in his mind he would love to have seen duel. Once the tournament would start, he would make sure to watch as many as he could. (And participate, if time allowed). It was how he could see how the pride was progressing, and who his top rank Scars would be.

"Hmm." He hummed, glancing back at Ashiki. "Excuse me My Queen...Kethiwe." The striped male had a few things left on his agenda for the day, and wanted to get them done while the sun was still shining. Always at work.

---

Caia watched from afar, listening to the queen's speech. Her head tilted as the wind rustled by, but for the first time it was silent. No words, no gossip. Nothing. She was sporting a small scar on her neck, the healing wound from her 'acceptance' duel and leaving her as an unbranded for the next few months. The dark lioness sighed. She partly questioned why she was here, but then when she looked at her past she knew why. It was always a strange turn of events how things worked out sometimes.

Her eyes fell on the form of the Monarch's Claw speaking with the Queen. Caia's eyes narrowed, mainly towards the male. She wished he had gone a bit more in depth of the pride before persuading her to join their ranks.

Gold eyes shifted. So many new faces. "You can start talking and telling me these other names now." She said quietly. She heard no response. "Fine. Be that way."  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:19 pm
KasaiLoki
Felyn

Krysin

The Seer was on a mission to humiliate her; she was sure of it. Chausika did not have a reputation to care about, nor did she really give a second thought to how she was viewed within the Pride. Still, embarrassment was just that and she could not help but feel her skin flush every time Katiti suggested such a thing. The black lioness was not used to being around so many lions, not used to the dynamics of a Pride; her first impression was nothing short of horrifying.

Still, she knew well enough to nod her head to acknowledge what Kat had said. Her words were law; if she wanted her to dance then there was no escaping it. Kufu’s words did earn him a small glare though, she was used to such words from Katiti - but to be echoed by someone else was a new sting.

Chau was not expecting someone to sit next to her, her silver eyes darted to look at Azzan as he took his place; not able to hide the confusion in them. They were soon diverted though, not because she was still mad at him - the black lioness just did not want to get into any more trouble than she already was. Katiti had this amazing ability to get in your head, and she had been rattling about in Chau’s for weeks.

It made her ask all kinds of questions; why had he approached her? Was she allowed to acknowledge he had? Was it beneath him to be in her company? Was she expected to move? If she did move was that offensive? It was like she was playing a game without knowing the rules; internally, she sighed. Accepting the fact she had already lost. Katiti had to only decide she had lost for her to lose.

Her eyes kept on the ground; however, her tail did brush his hind paw before wrapping around her own. A small, undetectable hello from someone who was not allowed that luxury.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:43 pm
One of his round ears turned and soon the rest of his head joined as he peered at the approaching creme coloured female and noticed the out-of-place expression on her features, feeling a small pang of sympathy as he watched her...and ofcourse puffed out his chest just a bit to make himself maybe a bit more impressive. Wanted to make a good impression with the ladies of the pride after all.

"And then some," He replied in a jovial manner, glancing briefly as towards the Queen and the Crown Prince descending into the crowd to socialize with their people before looking back to the lioness curiously. "New member as well?"

SilverLutz

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:16 pm
Shetani scanned the crowd of people, trying to decide who to approach. Finally, her gaze settled on two females standing off to the side of the crowd. A wicked grin formed on her face. Well, she had been saying that she wanted her brother to run into a pretty girl. Two were even better. (she did so enjoy messing with him) And well, she should introduce herself to some of the new blood, after all.

Meandering over, Shetani gave a laugh as she caught the tail end of their conversation, "Oh, I would love to watch that. Some of the new blood could use the training. After all," she grinned crookedly, "an Outlander needs to know how to fight."

She gazed unblinkingly at the two for a moment, sizing them up, and then nodded. "I am Shetani, and this is my brother, Ajani."

Said brother stood beside her with an impassive look on his face, though inwardly he was scowling at his sister. He knew what she was doing, and he wasn't a fan of being a part of her games. Regardless though, he threw them a short nod but said nothing.

Felyn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:09 am
It didn't take much for Zawadi to notice the strange look on Majuto's face. Something she had done seemed a bit off - but she didn't have time to dwell on what. A large male littered in scars, he did have an interesting look about him that went beyond all the fluff of his main. Although, she supposed much of the pride's original members held the same look and air about them, as she glanced around the large group assembled.

At the compliment, Zawadi gave out a short laugh. "Thank you! No one's quite sure where the purple came from, but I hear my aunt had eyes split like mine. It's quite fascinating, really," she mused. It wasn't something she thought about much, but it did tend to crop up when speaking to strangers. Particularly males, she noticed, although she couldn't imagine why, she thought with a smirk.

"So," she started, not really practiced in conversation, "excited to start training us new bloods?" Zawadi glanced about once more, seeing scars lining the thick-banded muscles of many of the lions chattering about. Her eyes glistened as she asked the question; a large part of her was excited for her first fight, but she was nervous, too - what if she made a complete fool of herself? Although the climate of the Outlands insisted that there was little such thing, it still concerned her greatly.

Krysin

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:58 am
"Who wouldn't love to see me?" Kat purred, leaving herself wide open for anyone to interject and inform her otherwise. But no one would dare, which meant Kat could be a little full of herself in front of the regular pride members. As the Monarch's Soul, the only ones who ever really challenged her with the other viziers and the Queen herself. Ebbe had always been difficult to get along with, not that they disliked each other, but she had never been able to understand the lion. Now that Shetani's mother had passed, Kat had an opportunity to be more influential over a younger lioness.

She wouldn't overstep her bounds, but she was very interested in the newest vizier. The red lioness would make sure to properly introduce herself at an appropriate time.

"I will make sure her signal is obvious, so that it does not go unnoticed," Kat smirked. Even though the lioness was right behind her, it wasn't like she could talk back to her. So talking to Chausika was a fruitless endeavor. It was easier just to order her around and make her learn. In time, she'd be a fine Outlands lioness... if she could keep that tongue in check.

Kat kind of hoped she could not.

"You are excused, of course. Do let your brother know I'm very disappointed that he's not coming to see me." She didn't really care that much - he was one of Ebbe's lions, after all. "It has been my pleasure to see you again."

With Kufutwa disappearing to go wrestle up his brother, Kat turned her head to the side and looked over her shoulder at the newest addition to the conversation (a very silent one from what she could surmise). She had thought someone had moved behind them, and seeing that it was Azzan she was not entirely surprised. He obviously liked his females to be silent, since he seemed to gravitate to Chausika so naturally.

"It is no wonder you were so skilled at protecting our borders in the pride's absence. I could hardly hear you creeping behind me." The smile upon her maw was mischievous, which would usually turn anyone away. But, she assumed Azzan was here to flirt with his girl in some weird silent charade. She never understood courtship, after all her old flame (not that it was really a flame) had all but run from her.

It had been so long since she checked up on Niruzu. The last vision she had of him was only vague imagery of him being grumpy off in some nowhere's land. It was very like him.

Everyone
please save her from the mute crew omg xd

---

"I'm definitely ready to see what you guys are made of," Majuto told her with a rich laugh. Everyone in the Outlands was expected to know how to fight. It was vital to not just their survival, but their prosperity. If the new blood could not fight, he would be glad to help teach them during their time as an Unbranded. Being an Unbranded was nothing to be ashamed of either. It just meant that more training was needed. They weren't anything less than most of the members of the pride.

"Maybe you'll test yourself against me sometime?" he offered with a cocky grin that came just too naturally to him. Majuto did love to duel, and felt that in a fight (that wasn't to the death) he could learn the most. The young male had huge aspirations to rise through the ranks, and badly wanted to be a Claw.

Just then, he happened to turn his head to the side and catch the form of a muted red lion headed towards him. "s**t," he cursed under his breath. Sure, he had left Kufutwa to defend himself against the very unusual Monarch's Soul, but that hardly meant his brother had to take vengeance on him! "Look, it was lovely chatting and all that but wow, look at the time, gotta go -"

His brother was way too close now, "Oh, Kufu, hi brother! Bye brother!" and Majuto immediately turned tail to try and run into the crowd away from his sibling.

Everyone
...and please save him from his brother

Z o m b i k ii

Felyn

KasaiLoki

Ruler of Everything

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:22 pm
Dala nodded at the question, not at all surprised that she stuck out like a sore paw. Those that had returned home were mingling with one another and quite comfortable while those that were new were standing a bit awkwardly and silently. At least she and this male were outgoing enough to strike up conversation with one another.

"This place seems a fitting to call home. I only hope I can live up to the expectations this pride seems to have," she admitted. "I'm Mdalasini, but Dala will do. What's your name?" she added, wanting to start making acquaintances at the very least.

Lightning Shadow X

---

Siri wasn't alone for long before someone bumped into him from the side. He turned to glare at whoever it was but the silver lioness that grinned up at him made his expression simmer into something a bit more friendly. Siri had never been a very personable lion but he knew when he should and shouldn't make a stink about something.

"No harm done," he said with a little roll of his shoulder to shrug off the bump. He wanted to berate her for not watching where she was going, but again, he didn't feel as though that would welcome him into the pride very well.

"Forgive my ignorance, but are you a returning member or a new one?" He wanted to hear from others what they thought of the pride but other newcomers obviously wouldn't have the same feelings as those who were returning.

MangoMeow

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:24 pm
In response to Majuto's comment, Zawadi laughed and nodded. Of course the old members were excited to see just whom they had recruited; they were known for being great fighters, it would be the hope that they would have a new group of blood coming in that would aspire to be the same. Zawadi wasn't quite of the mind that she desperately wanted to fight, but she was beyond ready to prove herself. To prove she belonged somewhere.

"Perhaps," she got out with a sly grin, knowing already that she looked forward to a duel with Majuto. Even if he annihilated her, which was likely, it would be an undoubtedly good time. A strange look overtook her face as she realized how much she was looking forward to it: a battle. That wasn't something she thought would happen so quickly, but the buzz of the crowd seemed to have an adrenaline-like effect on her. At the realization, she smiled. She liked it.

All of a sudden, Majuto got jumpy and weird - she traced his gaze to another lion that seemed to be approaching, headed straight for the lion standing before her. Ah, his brother - that would explain the weirdness. Although herself and her sister had no strangeness between them, she knew it was normal enough among families. She laughed, and waved Majuto off as he whipped around and fled. Turning back around, Zawadi scanned the crowd once again. Who else would she meet on this wondrous occasion? She could see an eager cub, a small orange one, bouncing out of the corner of her eye and smiled. That was the last thing she expected to see this early on, a cub, but she supposed they had joined with a parent or guardian, which made sense. Hopefully that wouldn't be the last cub she saw today! They really were so cute.

everyone
Feel free to interact!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:33 pm
Krysin

"Don't worry, I will make sure of your disappointment." He smirked, leaving the Soul with her silent pet, and the male who had just approached.

As Kufu neared his brother, he noticed him turning to leave. "Hello brother." His ears perked as Majuto quickly said a goodbye. "Oh no no no. Where do you think you are going." He snagged at his tail, wanting to hold the male in place. "Running from your dear sweet brother? Why, it's been a few days since we actually saw each other," he purred a hint of mischievousness in his voice.

With his paw still holding his tail, Kufu spoke. "Just so you know, Katiti is quite disappointed with you." He mimicked the words of the bright red lioness. "Gotta be careful now knowing you are on her radar." He said sternly, or was it in a joking manner? It was always hard to tell with Kufutu.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:30 pm
Telal
Telal let out a pleased squeal of excitement as his mother grabbed him, letting his limbs hang limply even as his tail twitched. The moment he was set atop the mound, he bounced and did a full three-sixty spin that nearly sent him tumbling right off the top. With a nervous laugh, he dug his little claws in and pulled himself back up, steadier this time.

"I can see the whole world, Mama!"

His eyes were wide and his jaw slightly agape as he looked from face to face to face, suddenly so much closer to everything.

But then, there, he narrowed his little eyes and hunched down to try and peer through distant legs. The angle did nothing for him, but he sure looked cute with his rear end up in the air.

Krysin

Delphi
The rogues eyes widened just a hair as the twins approached, catching the female's words towards Aithne immediately. It made her want to laugh but she wasn't sure who she might offended more if she did - her proud Firekin friend or this intimidating female that carried authority on her shoulders like a cape.

Then she saw Katiti, her father's old flame, separating from the group of lions that had surrounded her. She was interested. She couldn't help it.

"I'm sorry, if you'll just excuse me a moment.."

Without waiting, she stood and slipped past the pair with every intent of seeking out the Queen's Soul. She wanted to know more about this woman, having never met her own mother. Were they similar? Did her father have a type? Were all the stories true? She was so distracted that she didn't even see the male as he separated from the Queen and before she knew it she plowed right into the side of something hard and gold.

"Hey-" she started, ready to accuse, before she took a step back and found herself staring up at the Queen's Claw. s**t. He had a lot of scars. He was talking to the Queen. She couldn't remember who the pride members had said he was but she had no doubt that he was important. Immediately, she ducked her head in apology even if she still sounded terse when she spoke.

"Sorry, I was distracted.."

KasaiLoki"

Aithne
"Hey, where-?" Aithne's words died on her tongue as soon as Delphi was out of earshot, leaving her to sigh and turn her attention back on the pair of twins that had appeared out of nowhere. She was pretty certain the female had to be important, at least enough that she was in charge in this particular interaction.

"Sorry about her, I'm Aithne," her head dipped, polite, though she didn't stand. "It's nice to meet you both. I assume you must be related, no?"

It was a dull joke but she had learned a long time ago that even dull jokes made one seem a bit more likable - she had begun to try to appear so, even if it sometimes took effort.

"Did you meet other Firekin in your travels?"

MangoMeow

Ashiki & Kethiwe

The Queen dipped her head to her Claw as he broke himself free of her conversation. There were others beyond him waiting to speak though whether it was to speak with her or to her very single, handsome heir was another story. She was about to make some remark to encourage him to mingle with some females (though she knew he detested every mention of securing the bloodline) when she saw a flock of Katiti's birds tittering and drawing closer. Her words died on her tongue and her eyes sharpened, watching.

Something was wrong.

The Crown Prince let his gaze follow his Mother's and realized what had changed her expression so immediately, only seconds behind her in thought.

"I'll get her," he spoke before his Queen Mother had the chance, leaving her to nod as he wound himself through the crowd and slipped between the clumped groups. At Katiti's side, he nudged her silently and nodded up above them.

"Find out."

At least when it mattered he knew how to leap to action.

Krysin

Everyone
You can notice if you'd like. The Queen is still hanging out at the head of the crowd.

Azzan
"A good warrior adapts to his environment, Katiti," he countered, feigning ignorance of the gentle swipe of Chau's tail. It was uplifting to know that she at least wasn't still so mad that she wouldn't acknowledge his presence but then again, perhaps she was just lonely. He had never been a Tarnished but there was a very real difference between solitude and forced degradation. When had he become so soft?

"It's hard to blend in to silence without-"

His words trailed off as he spotted Kethiwe making a beeline for Katiti and, beyond him, his Aunt's body gone rigid. The expression on her face was one he knew well - playtime was over. He frowned and turned to look at Chau, though his eyes were blank. Though looking at her, his focus was clearly not on her; his ear was turned to catch the short, clipped words of his cousin.

What was going on? The frown deepened and his focus shifted, landing on her silvery eyes at last. As the sole guard of the lands for so many years it felt odd to not be the first to know something. His sympathy for her expanded and he felt himself release a breath he had been holding too long.

Z o m b i k ii

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:12 pm
She noticed Kethiwe approaching her, and the lioness' blue eyes narrowed with thought. His pace was hurried, and with a quick glance towards Ashiki she could surmise that something was up. When the heir nudged her shoulder and issued a quick command, she obeyed without question. Her duty was, after all, to the royal lineage of Taka. She said nothing to either Azzan or Chausika, and did not care whether they followed her or not as she made her way through the crowd of lions.

From the sky came a small black-feathered bird with a peculiar pendant around its neck. The creature landed on Kat's shoulder as if it belonged there. Its beak chittered into her ear, words whispered so softly that those around could not hear it. In most situations, it was best to keep the information to herself and certain parties. She was not keen on letting anyone know the news her bird brought her yet.

"Track them," she told the bird, and with a flourish of wings the avian took flight.

She returned to Kethiwe first, to collect the young heir before approaching the Queen herself. Kat eyed the lions around her. Some had managed to take notice of Kat's behavior, but that could not be helped when matters were urgent. She came to Ashiki's side, her the bones around her neck chattering together to signal her arrival. "We have guests," she whispered to Ashiki, her blue eyes cold and hard. "I have the flock keeping watch on them for now."

Felyn

Z o m b i k ii

---

"It has not been nearly long enough," Majuto told his brother, his tail twitching impatiently behind him. Of course Kufutwa would notice, because he had managed to snag his tail. For a moment, Majuto considered losing his tail for the sake of an escape... but relented. Grumbling, he turned his head to give his brother the stink eye. He should have tried to lose his siblings in the rogue lands, he decided.

At least it would have spared him the nuisance of his obnoxious brother.

"Uh huh, and I'm sure you whispered such praise of me while you were busy sucking up to her," Majuto spoke sourly. He was far too distracted by his brother now to notice anything else going on during the pride's celebration. If he had paid attention, he would have noticed that Kat was looking uptight, and that Ashiki looked very business-like all the sudden.

Kufutwa was a terrible distraction.

"What do you want, brother?"

KasaiLoki

---

Zakiya about suffered a heart attack as her son spun around on top of the termite mound. A fall from that height wouldn't be bad, but she didn't trust her children not to find a way to hurt themselves. She was convinced her sons just tried to find every way possible to put themselves into danger. Blush-colored eyes watched with concern as her son righted himself, and when he finally managed to be steady upon his feet she let out a sigh of relief.

They'd put her into an early grave.

At the same time he put fear into her heart, he warmed it. All her concerns melted away and she watched her son with fondness only a mother could express. "I bet you can see even more than I can!" she told him with a bright smile.

"Tell me, and this is a very important mission young man, how many male lions do you see here?" The best way to keep him out of trouble was to give him a task, and perhaps refine some of his critical thinking skills. There was never a bad time for learning!

Felyn

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:42 pm
Shetani chuckled as she watched the other female make a hasty retreat. She might have been offended had it not been for the distracted gleam in that lioness' eyes. Something had caught her attention, and curiosity was something she enjoyed nurturing. There would be time to become more acquainted later.

"You as well, and yes. Twins, actually." Though it was a wonder to think about, considering how Shetani was the approachable one, whereas Ajani was the unreadable, stoic wall that rarely spoke.

And then her attention was grabbed. It was only for a brief moment, as she had been turning away from watching Delphi leave when the queen had caught her eye, but it was enough to make her frown just slightly. She debated whether to walk over... and then chose instead to continue mingling unless called upon.

Well, maybe not only that. Her brother was shuffling uneasily beside her, making him look awkward and nervous. So she brushed her tail against his side with a flick towards Ashiki.

Ajani caught the unspoken message, and with a parting nod at Aithne, turned to disappear in the crowd.

Shetani, meanwhile, turned back to the red lioness, "Yes, a few, though I unfortunately didn't have the opportunity to see what they could do in a fight." She grinned, "I hope I get to see you in action for myself. My name is Shetani, and that lug of brother of mine was Ajani."

Felyn

Ajani was prowling his way through the crowd by this point, admittedly glad to have a reason to leave his sister's company. He had never been the social type. More like the rock wall that judged and watched you from the shadows. He preferred that to talking with others.

And he wasn't... sure how he felt about finding someone to settle down with, like his sister very obviously wanted. He was out of his depth when it came to that.

Quote:
I'm making Ajani available for anyone wanting to interact with someone too. <3

Evadne cocked her head to the side at his question, before smiling, "Returning." She sighed, gazing out wistfully at the surrounding area, "And goodness, this place has certainly changed since I was last here." Indeed, when she had left, this place had been the epitome of a barren wasteland. No food, no water, barely livable...

She shook her head to clear it. That was in the past though. Now was the time to grow and live.

"What about you?" The lioness beamed, "Are you a newer member?" She couldn't remember seeing anyone like him before, but then, it had been a long time.

SilverLutz

[IC] Deserted...

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces