[FIN][Yael] Room for Two [Kaleth | Ko] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:22 pm
Walking with a bounce to his step, Ko kept pace beside the larger boy as best he could, every one of Kal’s strides having to equal out to two of Ko’s. But he didn’t mind, he was used to it, with longer limbed brothers and sisters in his life. Most everyone else in the world was taller than he was after all~

He buried his chin contently into his scarf, glad he had remembered to bring it after all. And it looked like they would be able to make it to dinner just fine, clearly marked as everything was on the map. His stomach gurgled at the mere thought of a meal, giving his belly a hearty pat to make it shush itself while Kaleth was talking. So rude.

“Well, it was just sitting there with all the other rocks, like you know, how crabs sit and don’t move even when big waves smack em right in the face? So I was going to go over and look at it, since it was so much bigger and colorful than the other guys usually are. And then, when I got close, all of a sudden, WHOOSH―”

He jumped forward, tossing his hands into the air. “It leapt off the boulder and started scooting down the beach away from me! Which made sense, since crabs move and all. BUT―”

Wiggling his fingers in front of his face, he scuttled them up like tiny legs. “It didn’t have any legs! Which freaked me out, because how can a crab walk without feet?! No pincers, no eyeballs, nothing! And it was only when I realized this that it occured to me: it had to be a rock! And then, just like that―”

With a dramatic poof of his hands and a puff of air, he fell back in stride with Kaleth. “It stopped moving again! I thought it was the weirdest thing, but no one believed me when I told them, they said I was making things up like I always do! And so I thought it must have been the imps teasing me and trying to make me look silly, so that’s what I chalked it up to. But NOW, I guess I know what must have really happened: I BET I was so excited to see it, and was CONVINCED it was a crab, that my magic must have made it move! Which I suppose makes more sense, really: WHY would imps waste their time moving rocks, everyone knows they like stealing hats instead.”

He said it matter-of-factly, nodding to himself and his flawless reasoning skills. “I bet everyone else feels silly now, not believing me! I think magic has got to explain lots of weird things that have happened over the years.” He looked up at Kaleth, grinning broadly. “So maybe I’m not crazy after all!”

Caught off guard by a sneeze, he scrunched his button nose, rubbing away an itch. “There are lots of people in my family. I’ve got eleven siblings: four sisters annndd....seven brothers! I’m the youngest one, and the smallest, because mum and dad weren’t planning on having me, but the gods decided they should have one more anyways. The older ones don’t really live with us anymore, but they still come around often for meals and stuff. But I still share a room with Uzi and Ezu, since there’s still not much extra space, and they’re not very big yet either.” He bumped against Kaleth’s arm, smiling warmly. “But now, I share a room with you!”

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:57 pm
Kaleth found himself staring as the other boy talked, as though entranced. He decided it was like watching a natural disaster—a landslide, perhaps—where everything just kept coming and there was no hope of fully processing it all, let alone stopping it. One could only stare, and observe, waiting it out.

They said I was making things up like I always do

Kaleth squinted.

The imps.

He shook his head.

“Oh, no,” he said with quiet conviction and for once, no malice, “you are definitely crazy.” Just…not quite like anyone I have ever encountered before… And somehow, it managed to be in a good way so far. Or, at least not a bad way. The boy might have been out of his mind, but it had a sort of endearing spark to it that Kaleth couldn’t fully identify. He was disarming in his earnesty, even if he wasn’t fully in touch with reality. Kaleth rolled his shoulders as another gust whistled lightly about them and a chill climbed his skin, the noise of other people becoming notable as they closed in on the cafeteria, and he hadn’t realized how relaxed he had become in Ko’s presence until normal levels of tension and distaste crept back in at the thought of them.

He was not looking forward to meeting the other students. Hopefully, no one would bother them, at least for this evening-

Ko sneezed, and Kaleth glanced over and down, tension again momentarily derailed at the thought that it was like an infant perzi or baby bird, and how could the gods have designed a person that made noises like that, let alone a boy who was supposed to be crafting himself into a warrior. He might have said something, except eleven siblings took precedence, and he found himself baffled trying even to imagine. He couldn’t do it. It was too many. His mind could simply not accurately picture it.

But perhaps that explained some of what Ko was.

Like so eager for attention and ‘good at’ being ignored.

Ko’s weight bumped against him like a leaf to a boulder and Kaleth hummed. “I don’t have any siblings…” he found himself admitting. He didn’t usually volunteer facts about his life. It didn’t usually seem to matter, who should care? But under the circumstances it seemed relevant at least to make clear for purposes of comparison how different their experiences had been. “I can’t imagine it. At least you must never have been lonely…” He frowned. The youngest of twelve. He stepped, and held the door open for Ko. “It’s going to be very different here.”  

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:38 pm
It was with barely contained enthusiasm that Ko approached the building, excitement rising as Kaleth’s dropped. He hopped up the steps like a bouncing terrier, long ears flopping around with the momentum he carried. “It's not that bad, there are lots of people around, so it's not very quiet usually. But they get awful busy with their jobs and working, so I usually stay out of the way, because I cause more trouble than I'm worth!”

He twirled at the top, waiting patiently for Kal to climb the steps as well. As the other boy opened the door, he hopped up onto his tiptoes, poking Kaleth's cheek.

“Different can be good! Change is not something to be scared of, or angry at. So smile! You've got to make a good first impression with our new classmates, right?” He grinned widely himself, drawing a smiled ark with his fingers to either apple of his freckled cheeks.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:05 pm
I cause more trouble than I’m worth…

Kaleth’s frown pinched in further. On the one hand, he felt that was an oddly familiar concept. One he could personally relate to and had become accustomed with himself over the years. But on the other, while it felt appropriate for him — Kaleth did cause problems, he knew he did, and as real as his anger might have felt at any given time, in retrospect he usually managed to be frustrated with himself for his actions — it seemed wrong that someone like Ko would think as much in regards to his own character. Even if it were true in the minds of some. Someone so small and happy couldn’t possibly be any more trouble than an annoyance, and he was so innocent no one should be making him feel-

But it wasn’t Kaleth’s business, and he shouldn’t care. It didn’t matter. It was probably why Ko was here to begin with. The same reason he was, in a sense. ‘Too much trouble’ for anywhere else. He had essentially said himself that he was an afterthought, and his parents probably hadn’t known what to do with him after eleven others. It was just ridiculous to imagine that Ko was trouble when put in contrast with himself. But it was not Kal’s place to make that judgment call.

Ko twirled, and Kaleth watched with a softening gaze. Stupid boy. He didn’t belong, and he didn’t even realize yet how out of place he was. Kaleth told himself he wouldn’t, needn’t, didn’t want to care—but it didn’t erase the odd pull in his chest as Ko reached and prodded at his cheek, and the sense that at least some splintered fragment of him wanted to encase Ko away from what was surely to come.

You don’t understand, the world is s**t, no matter how much changes or doesn’t…

“Mm. I am looking to make an impression…” he admitted. ‘Good,’ however, was a relative term. “I don’t have a reason to smile for any of them. I already don’t like them…” Eyes on Ko, however, as his fingers gestured over beaming, spotted cheeks, Kaleth felt his lips twitch of their own regard, attempting to pull upward as his eyes warmed. “You’re ridiculous.”

He stepped inside.  

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:58 pm
At first, it would seem that he was going to agree with him. But then, Ko puffed his cheeks at Kaleth’s grumpy admission, watching the taller boy cross the threshold into the eatery. No way could you not like someone before you even met them, surely. And if you went in with that attitude, then how was anyone supposed to like you back? It just seemed like he had already stubbornly decided he did not want to make the effort of being civil or making friends.

And Ko was supposed to be the ridiculous one.

Well, he might not want to be positive, but that wasn't going to stop Ko from trying. These people were going to be a major part of his life now. They all might be in a battle someday; it didn't seem to make any sense to make enemies out of them too.

And with that thought set firmly in his mind, he followed Kaleth inside.  
◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff