Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[Spooky Weyrlings] Month 1 :: Week 2 | Health Assessment Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:25 am
Isilje was finding it hard, caring for Brancath. The white was always checking on her, constantly making sure she was okay, and while the petite albino had never felt more happy, or more confident, there was something about Brancath's inability to focus on herself that made it difficult. Nonetheless, she'd gotten up early that morning, to oil a white hide, and get her ready for the health check that would be later today. The tiny creature spread a wing to gently brush her cheek, swirling blue and green eyes watching Hers, with a croon coming from the little one's throat, It will all be well, my dearest one. I promise you, there is nothing for you to worry about. You will see. Your Brancath will do all I can to make sure you are always happy. Sighing, Isilje dropped her head to rest her head on the ridges of her dragonet's eyes, a tiny smile on her lips, "I know, sweet one...and that's what worries me."

It was with this that she got up, pulling on her clothes for the day, and gently picking up her White. Slowly, she moved in to the half-circle of her companions, looking around as Liat began to talk about what today was about. She was a little nervous, since the others looked a bit heavier than her beloved, but slowly, she put her down, watching as the dragonet surveyed her siblings. It was important to make sure all the girls were alright, for there was no point in looking at the boys. Don't be cruel, sweet one. Boys aren't so bad.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:04 am
"I think we've done alright," Jailla said, and gave a small smile to L'nik. "Hessianth looks well. How have you been?" Two weeks hadn't been enough time to adjust to being in the group, but it was nice. Jailla hoped that eventually, she'd make a few friends, besides Ph'ton. "I was hoping Micheth'd find someone to help him loosen up."

I do not need to loosen up.

The blue leaned forward to press his snout against Seirath's. His eyes were a slow whirling green. You certainly seem excited, Seirath, he observed, quietly. Seirath's love for life was endearing, he supposed. She certainly made the day brighter. I hope so. Mine complains that I eat too much, but it never seems enough. he added, and seemed to direct his attention to Hessianth. You look well, brother.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:45 pm
Therianth happily allowed Liat to examine her because Therianth knew there was nothing wrong. Sure a few things hurt slightly, but that happened. She could see that it did in Shahera’s memories and knew that they worked out in the end. Shahera was worrying for nothing according to Therianth.

“She has been favoring it for about two and a half days. We were out playing and she jumped over a large rock. I believe that Therianth landed a little off because she had been limping slightly ever since. It is less now though.” Shahera was perfectly willing to share everything with Liat if it meant that Therianth would be all right. “Her diet hasn’t changed much. She is still more interested in doing things then eating. I have made sure she eats enough. Her emotions seem normal enough, they go through a wide variety but are mostly happy. Frankly most of the time she just wants to move and play.

Therianth attempted to show Liat and Orioth that her leg was fine, sharing her pain with Orioth to prove it was nothing. She almost reached her full range of motion before the twinge happened and Therianth determinedly pushed through it. See? She could do everything just fine.

Shahera had smiled at Liat’s question about her holding up. “Therianth is always ready to do something. It is a challenge sometimes to come up with things to keep her occupied both in mind and body. We are definitely both learning new skills. And we sleep well at night after running around all day.” Shahera knew that she would likely get exhausted. Right now though, she was still running on the excitement of impressing and sharing the joy from Therianth that she didn’t feel tired.

Masterharper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:01 pm
Smerdle

Loreleth seemed surprised when the brown helped to bridge the distance between them, though he still stayed firmly behind his rider. At least he tried to stay firmly behind him -- at the very last moment, J'lar took a small step to the left, leaving his blue primarily exposed to the glittering brown. Loreleth's eyes whirled a brighter shade of yellow, though its edges were still touched with grey. Thankfully, J'lar was not fully out of reach, and the man sent another surge of support. It's okay, little guy. I'm still here. Whether Loreleth liked it or not, J'lar knew that his blue would need to be a bit more independent. While he'd never abandon his blue, there would be times when they would be apart, and Loreleth on his own.

The blue slumped a bit, but did turn back to Aleyath, and his yellow eyes turned a bit more pleasantly green. I am very glad to hear it. He assured his brown clutchsib softly, sending a small, shy wave of appreciation and relief to the pair. They were good. If they were good, and they looked good, than that was one less sibling to have to fear for! I am okay, I...I think. Part of the blue felt that it was nothing but a lie, because he was not really all right. But another part of him did not want to scare this fragile moment. Worried, but okay. He added, as if it was not apparent.

His clutchsiblings meant the world to him. To know that any one of them might be hurting, or in pain, or not well, was practically devastating. But Therianth had looked happy despite her limp, and Aleyath looked quite bright. No one was keening or screaming in pain -- maybe they would get through this okay!

J'lar, for his part, was surprised by the amicable clap but did not object. He was so accustomed to being part of the furniture of the Weyr that socializing on this level was unusual for him. High Reaches had been relatively comfortable -- while he was but a worker, he at least knew names, places, people, and where to go. Here? He felt even more like an outsider. Still, he had always been adaptable -- growing up in a mercenary camp meant his situation changed daily.

Perhaps this exchange would be good for him. It forced him out of his old routines. "Well enough," he stated simply with a shrug. "It's not so different than High Reaches, really," he added. And that was sort of the truth. Yes, everything was different -- from the location of the latrines to the barracks to all the names and faces. But a Weyr was a Weyr was a Weyr and there were many similarities, too.

"You uh. . . You from around here?" He asked, trying to figure out how to make small talk without falling back to his quiet grunts. Where he might have let the conversation die with anyone but Roknhin, he was well aware he had a little blue dragon watching his every move. Loreleth had a hard enough time socializing, and J'lar didn't have the heart to teach him to be nothing but a quiet, aloof, rock. See Lore? Talkin' ain't that hard. You just gotta...well, talk.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:30 pm
Nzambith glanced up at her brother's rider with a placid expression, eyes spinning between their usual dull green and a bit of blue. He didn't want to be at the lessons either? Hm. She glanced back at Venn who was laughing softly, his hand hiding his grin at the look on L'nik's face. Whatever the brown was saying was certainly rubbing him the wrong way.

Boring, Nzambith echoed softly, unsure if she found the sessions boring. Vennodren certainly didn't and his enthusiasm rubbed off on her quite a bit thanks to their bond, even if she didn't physically show it. Still, she could understand how her more energetic siblings didn't like sitting still for so long. The older humans and dragons did most of the talking so it was probably hard for the wriggly little dragons to keep their focus.

Her attention shifted as more siblings joined them, her eyes brightening a bit as Micheth trotted over to them, Seirath not far behind. She didn't greet either of them right away, letting them prod each other first.

Meanwhile, Venn gave L'nik a little nod of agreement. There were ways to handle a rambunctious dragonet and keeping them busy, both mentally and physically was incredibly important. He glanced over to Jailla as she approached and spotted Amra not far behind Seirath, and he gave a little wave to both of the dragon riders. They were making a nice little group over here and he was glad that the dragons seemed to be content with one another as well.

Hattaki

demon_pachabel

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:53 pm
G'ryl waited patiently for his turn, trying to shift his weight evenly between both of his legs – it was unpleasant, being able to walk, despite the injuries, but not quite being healed enough to be without pain. The fellis juice they gave him periodically to take the edge off the worst of it was appreciated but he didn't think it would last the entirety of this check-up. His pride also dictated that he not sit down like a lump in the sand.

Thus, when Seirath wandered up to broadcast her exuberant greeting, Sarcoth's response was an almost haughty trill as he nudged their mental link, and spoke privately to G'ryl, Aha! See, Mine, I was correct, they will come to us. The brown puffed a bit at his correct guess and arched his neck proudly as G'ryl found himself unable to suppress the smile that played across and settled a hand on the noble neck.

Yes, indeed you were correct.

To Seirath, Sarcoth's greeting was more reserved but no less warm, Greetings, Seirath. Excitement is perhaps too strong a word... I want only to know how to more quickly fix Mine. I am in perfect health, as you have so wonderfully observed. You seem just as rambunctious as always I see. The brown's gaze played over her critically before settling on approving. She was a green, yes, but it would be foolish not to ensure that she had as best a fighting chance as possible to blossom into something effective.

G'ryl's gaze shifted to Sarcoth as he felt those superior thoughts wash across their bond. It was hard for the new rider not to soak in that attitude as he wasn't entirely sure where he stood on that spectrum. Western emphasized merit over colour and yet here Sarcoth was with a seemingly deep seated superiority complex for any colour he deemed 'less' than himself.... and an oddly loyal, deferential tact to any metallics he interacted with. It was a puzzle that G'ryl was only just starting to sort out... as far as he could tell, the middle seemed best.

Sarcoth merely rumbled in greeting to Micheth, Eating well fuels your growth, though, and to risk stunting that much needed growth seems reckless.

To Hessianth, Sarcoth offered a formal nod as one brown to another, a sense of respect for one's peer threaded through the greeting. The mummy brown still considered himself intellectually superior but a fellow brown brother was, as far as he was concerned, on equal footing until such a time as they proved otherwise.

”Thaliawen”

”demon_pachabel”

”Hattaki”

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:18 am
I have self control, Hessianth. That's why I sit through the lessons. L'nik jabbed gently through the bond with his brown and Hessianth shot a briefly red-eyed look up at his rider, flaring his wings out in challenge. It wasn't a strong challenge, nor was it truly rebellious, as it was more than his own survival that tethered him to his chosen. It was partially selfish love. Shards, it was mostly selfish love. They should at least let us play a little more. I think I will! clearly, if everybody was going to be so serious, Hessianth was going to lighten the mood more.

He leaned down into a play-bow position, reaching out with one foot to paw lightly at his green sister. Yet the moment was interrupted as more siblings came to play. Not talk, play! It was time to have fun! Do what you want! He moved to greet both Seirath and Micheth with a bump of his head against theirs.

I'm bored! This is boring! Come! Wrestle with me! Let's liven things up! he bid eagerly with a small honking-trumpet (he'd eventually grow into those vocal chords) as he shuffled about, then snapped his teeth. L'nik winced, his hand going to his jaw. Careful with that tooth. We're going to have to look at it soon. Yet the brown's presence brushed it off. Not yet they weren't!

Sarcoth's greeting caused the brown's attention to reel on his brother, eyes whirling with a challenging red and a more calm blue of playfulness. "Don't you-" but it was too late and Hessianth was far quicker on his feet than L'nik had expected. BONK! Where Sarcoth's greeting had been mild and from afar, Hessianth knocked his head affectionately so hard against his brother's that L'nik's head rung briefly.

GENTLE! Nonsense! That shouldn't have hurt him at all! Sarcoth is a sturdy brown like me! he assured, then he finally looked up at G'ryl.

I think he's in the wrong place for check-ups. he stated dryly so all of his nearby siblings could hear him. L'nik ran a hand down his face.

"This was what I wanted. And I still do. I just was expecting...." Who? Eosphoth? Forget her! You have me now! and Hessianth sent such a wave of love to L'nik, he couldn't doubt that it was at least a good match.

SilverLutz

Thaliawen

Hattaki

SkieBorne

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:11 pm
Kieza and Green Suwayeth

To say the rider was nervous was an understatement. In fact, she wasn't sure there was a word for her level of nervousness. There probably was, but at the moment she just wanted to be elsewhere. The bright green head that pressed unto the crook of her arm let out a croon as the dragonet glowered under her own nervousness. Must we be here, Kiezamine? Can't we sneak away? The swirl of bright colors that was Suwayeth's mental speech was shadowed in a touch of fear as they walked toward where Liat was holding the health assessment.

Both rider and dragon were not fans of crowds, and even among this group of peers and siblings, they both shared an intense desire to go somewhere quiet to breathe. But at this moment, it was mandatory to remain. "It will be fine, just stay still or you'll pull your bandage." Kieza murmured, gently stroking the small dragonet's perfect face. Suwayeth rumbled a moment and then turned to press her very sore, still healing wing against Kieza's warm side, soaking in the heat to soothe her ache. It had been smarting enough lately that Kieza's own arm ached in sentiment, but she had been studious when she had last taken Suwayeth to the dragonhealer for a check-up. She had wanted to learn how to adjust the dressing herself so as not to burden others. After all, there might come a time when no dragonhealer would be available and her dragon might have to rely on her. She would make certain that her dragon was cared for thoroughly.

Kieza finally made her way to where all the rest of the weyrlings gathered, teeth chewing nervously at her lip. Already, she could see some dragonets were a lot more rowdy than others - she aimed to try and keep Suwayeth away from that for now. Suwayeth mirrored those thoughts - she wasn't objectionable to remaining away from her other siblings. But even as she thought this, her swirling eyes wandered to rest upon the palest of pale forms. Ah! Her beautiful bright sister. Letting out a soft croon, Suwayeth flicked her tail, lightly slapping at Kieza's ankles as they continued forward. "Would you like to stand with them?" Kieza said, a small smile pulling at her lips. Suwayeth peered up at her rider, her eyes swirling purple with love and green with happiness as the pair strode toward Isilje and Brancath. Suwayeth let out a warble and loped over to Brancath, rubbing her head against the smaller dragonet's cheek.Sistermine, beautiful cloud sister, you're shining! Suwayeth crooned, laying out sweet words for her calm, white sibling. Kieza stood next to Isilje and just lightly shook her head. "Nervous?" She said, her face pale as she peered to where Liat was assessing the first duo.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:45 pm
faesinger

Liat gave a small nod when Shahera explained the extent of the injury. "Well, the good news is, she looks to be in good shape. Her skin is a good color, her teeth and gums looked healthy, her eyes a bright hue, and her tail a good thickness. She does have a chipped nail, which you've undoubtedly noticed. You're going to need trim it down so it doesn't tear further, and if it does cause her pain, you may need to to put some numbweed on it. If you catch it bleeding ichor, douse it with some redwort to stave off infection, and keep her from grooming it too much if you catch her in the act. That should heal on its own in the next sevenday or so.

"Her leg does need careful tending. It looks to be nothing more than a strained muscle, but that can easily turn into a pull or an actual sprain. I know she wants to play, I know she wants to fight through the pain, but you must be firm with her. She may have energy, but she needs to rest that leg. The less she's on it, the sooner it will heal." Liat was firm with her order, not because she was unhappy with Shahera, but because she knew how much of a handful Therianth would be! "Furthermore, if it gets worse, or something changes, go directly to the healers. I don't want to risk a longer-term injury from something that could be easily fixed." Rest and some time, which might seem like misery to the poor green -- but surely Shahera would understand.

"She is likely going to fight you on it, but the time is now to put boundaries in place." She smiled, and gave a small shake of her head. "It's easy to want to give them the world, but they are also still babies, still quite young, no matter how mature they may act. They will become more obstinate the older they get. She might fight you, cry, or throw a tantrum, but you can get push through it. There will be far worse wounds and injuries to tend to, besides a small strain, with far greater consequences if they disregard the prognosis."

Liat looked down at Therianth. "You are quite a good sport about all this, but I suspect you'll need to find games that are a bit gentler on your leg or a bit more sedentary."

Be cautious of that leg, Therianth, less you be unable to play for good. The more you strain that injury, the longer it will take to heal, and the potential for permanent or more aggravated damage grows. There is no shame in being still for some time. I am sure a creative green like you will find a new game to play even while you rest. The paternal blue sent the small green a wave of assurance and understanding. It was hard to have to be still, he knew, but it would be best for the green.

"Well, as long as you're still getting good sleep, and finding time to recuperate, I'd say you're doing just fine." She didn't need to let the young woman know that the boundaries she might set while Therianth was injured would help as Shahera grew. A weyrling might think they only needed was their dragon, and be inclined to forget about the rest of the world. While that might be true, in a sense, there would be days where a rider would need to keep their dragon at bay, or keep them in line when they must be apart. One never knew what the future could bring, and an overly dependent adult dragon could get ugly.

"I think we've seen all we've needed." Liat smiled down at Therianth. "Now, go back to the group and make a new friend -- but do so gently. That leg is going to need rest."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:17 pm
Whoa, ho, ho. Okay, yes. Maybe he was getting a little pushy with his crowding. While grateful for the sort-of green that Loreleth's eyes had gone, Aleyath wasn't looking to forcibly inflict happiness or cause any trouble. Making a splash was entertaining, but the less of one he caused here, the sooner he could get back to sniffing around. He eased off just a little, turning a tight circle before sitting down a couple of feet away. Small and quiet. He could do that.

After a few seconds spent watching Hessianth's headbutt hello, he turned back to the blue. What're you worried about? Probably self-inflicted head injuries. Don't you think you should wait for something to happen before you get upset? Not meaning to be rude or anything, Aleyath followed his questions with the mental equivalent of a pat on the hand. Pat pat pat. He was rather terrible at consolation.

O'len paused to consider J'lar's response, a little surprised by it, to be honest. For all that he had heard about the progressiveness of Western, he supposed that the day to day would have to be similar or the weyr wouldn't function. Same positions, different colors filling them. And for dragonless folk there was probably no variation at all. He nodded once, filing that information away and answering the man's question in the same gesture. "I'm from Black Sand Hold. Fairly close when compared to some other places. It's a lovely hold and I miss it very much, but there are better things here." He looked to his brown with a hint of a smile. "I haven't been at Western very long myself, but there's just so much to do." Back home he had spent a lot of his time bored. It was no one's fault but his own, but that hadn't made it any less true.

Masterharper

Smerdle

Scamp

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:04 pm
Sarcoth's cool appraisal of the group before him was swiftly interrupted, however, as Hessianth's attention shifted squarely on him. There was a slight ruffle of his wings at first that quickly shifted to mantled wings as he stepped before his Rider, eyes whirling red-orange in response to the play bow, head lowering just in time to meet the other's play-charge.

BONK! Sarcoth's stunned silence hung in the air for a heartbeat, his gaze slowly whirling with deep orange and yellow, shot through with streaks of white. That had hurt! He was too dignified to give the 'attack' a response, however, and merely sat there obviously unimpressed, one wing unfurling enough to brush whatever imagined grit from his now tender brow.

G'ryl, on the other hand, winced visibly when the dragons' heads had connected and looked at L'nik at a loss, “That hurt... I don't need a mental bruise in addition to my currently extant bruises, if you don't mind.” He looked confused and not thrilled at the mild ache in his head.

When Hessianth looked at him, he frowned back. Sarcoth's neck arched as G'ryl stiffened, feeling the irritation bubble up within the brown. It's true, though, you know that. But we're not here for me, we're here for you – Sarcoth... it's not worth it.

The brown had puffed himself up as he seemed to size up the brown, solidly setting himself between Hessianth and L'nik. The irritation eased off as G'ryl sent waves of calming logic through him and the wings settled back down as Sarcoth sat primly on the ground and pointedly looked past Hessianth to catch L'nik's eyes directly.

Better handle Yours, before he breaks something important. There's little merit in speaking the obvious and even less honour in criticizing Mine for standing here despite his pain. Any dimglow can see we are here for my siblings and I, not Theirs. It was sharp and cold, as if he considered it beneath him to treat with Hessianth directly for the time being. Then, to all those nearby (including Hessianth), he said shortly, Mine was ravaged and yet, still unhealed, stands here with his Sarcoth in perfect health. I charge you to name a better feat among us.

G'ryl's jaw worked a moment before he sighed, and looked at L'nik, “He's been a bit irritable recently... I'm not sure why, honestly. It's part of why I wanted to be here... and as long as I don't move too much I'm not that badly off, Sarcoth.” He laid a hand on the brown's head, gently caressing the head knobs, and the deep streaks of irritation shifted immediately to blue-green with only a mild touch of orange.

Nonetheless, my words stand. You should not be mocked for your injuries. The brown's voice was matched but a wave of loving support that, again, made G'ryl smile with the joy of it.

demon_pachabel

SilverLutz

Thaliawen

Hattaki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:29 pm
What Sarcoth had to say shouldn't have thrown up any sort of defensive feelings in L'nik, yet he could feel bristling the more the brown spoke. Yet it wasn't him that was doing it - it was Hessianth. The brown, upon realizing that someone was impeding upon what was his went from rough-play to bristling anger, wings flaring and eyes whirling red. Even before the conversation was over, the brown had thrown his brother's words from his bonded's mind. That was his and nobody got to just invade! Had L'nik not reached out to immediately pull Hessianth back - both with a stern tug of his mind, but with hands that ran soothingly over head knobs - he probably would not have been able to a moment later.

"Enough." L'nik said firmly, most out loud for the benefit of those around him to be let in on the fact that yes, he was doing something about a brown with very much a mind of his own. "You started it, Hessianth. I expect we'll see D'mar and Dezerac as well and they also took a dragon to the knee," and a lot of their other parts. Hessianth huffed, red remaining firmly in his eyes. He looked up to G'ryl from where he sat, calming his bonded. The last thing either boy needed was for a fight to break out between browns. It's not my fault that Sarcoth's ego is so fragile he gets offended by a joke. L'nik wrestled down the brown's head.

"Honestly, I've heard that those who are bonded to dragons tend to heal a little faster too. Do you get to the lessons alright? I mean, if you need a shoulder I have one to offer," was it a weird offer to make? Hessianth snorted.

SkieBorne

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:02 pm
Giving a happy nuzzle to her beautiful blue brother, Seirath released a happy trumpet and danced in a small circle about him to show just how excited she was to be around all of her beautiful siblings before bumping her head gently to Hessianth's. The day was beautiful and everything was going to be fantastic! She was just so certain that she brushed up against both Micheth and Nzambith with happy trills, wings draping over them to show her affection for them. Why shouldn't she be happy, her beloved bonded was there and she was surrounded by so many that she loved!

It is a fantastic day to be excited my brother! You will do perfectly fine, your appetite is just an indication of how wonderfully large you will grow to be!

The little green nosed him once more and turned her attention to her larger brown brother that began to speak to her. If memory served, though Amra made a point of sending a gentle reminder of the exact happenings of her hatching to remind her, Sarcoth's bonded was one of the ones that nearly died. Tilting her head up to look at the poor man, Seirath crooned for him and inclined her head to Sarcoth gently for his words of her rambunctiousness, it was something she could not quite contain with so much happening around her. Seeing the state of his lovely bonded she didn't quite feel as though there was anything to celebrate, the memories that her bonded sent her were horrifying enough. It was such a good thing that she had reached out and grabbed Amra when she had, otherwise she might have wound up scarred like that and then where would her lovely dancing lady be?

I'm sure that the healers will assure he returns to health soon, though many things take time to heal? Or so my lovely lady claims. There can hardly be any doubt he will with your concern and love.

Pleased with her lovely green dragon for being so diplomatic, even though it was mostly her words that she spoke, Amra lifted her head in her satisfaction just in time to notice a familiar face waving at her. Her hand moved to wave in return before she noticed fully and the teenager lifted one eyebrow at her own arm for responding to Seirath's constant flow of friendliness. Clearly she didn't have complete control over the feelings that sometimes overwhelmed her and caused her to react to them quickly. It wasn't so bad though, she quite enjoyed the times she had gotten to talk to Vennodren and it seemed as though he was standing around a few other Weyrlings that she had only ever seen from a distance rather than spoken to. If what Liat said was true... she would need to make contact with people that she'd had no previous contact with. This was as good a time as any?

One of her eyebrows lifted clear of their normal resting position as well when she heard the crack of two brown skulls and she sent out a question to Seirath who responded with nothing short of a feeling of irritation. Boys were being boys once more.

Swirling orange threaded it's way into Seirath's eyes and the little green gave a keening, bell-like noise in response to Hessianth's head knocking and claims that one dragon's bonded was in the wrong place. If she were larger she might have placed herself in the center of them to stop all the yelling and harsh words that were being tossed back and forth. Instead she twisted about Nzambith and creeled heartbreakingly.

Steps took her swiftly forward and Amra lifted Seirath from the ground into her arms, fingers trailing down her soft skin to the favorite place on her shoulders that she enjoyed to have scratched.

"Take it easy little one, you'll upset someone." The words that came out in her deep voice were as gentle as a whisper, meant only for her beloved dragon who's eyes slowly whirled back to blue once more.

Thaliawen

SilverLutz

SkieBorne

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:28 pm
Nzambith felt Seirath's wing over her back and she turned her head slowly to watch her energetic sister join them. It was a constant back and forth between all her siblings vying for attention and the sudden flare of wings from the browns drew her gaze back to the initial brother she had greeted. While the other dragonets were responding to the playful bump with irritation, Nzambith simply continued to watch in silence. She didn't mind the rougher play nor the red eyes swirling around her, her own still a placid green. It took quite a bit to get her going and seeing her brothers battling wasn't something she'd bat an eye at. Indeed, back on the sands of the hatching she had remained curled up, not at all bothered by the ruckus.

Vennodren on the other hand was getting a little anxious with the rough housing. This wasn't the time to be challenging one another, it was a time to check in on the well-being of the dragons. He gave a strained smile as Amra approached and scooped up her own green and he reached down to call Nzambith closer to his side.

Come back to me, dearest, I don't want you caught up in any sort of shenanigans they might cause.

Nzambith who had nuzzled Seirath's neck before her sister had been scooped up lumbered back over to Venn, butting her head into his hand as he reached down to pick her up.

If that is what you wish, Mine, she cooed softly, obviously very pleased to be held. Venn would carry her as much as she wished until she became too large to do so simply because it wasn't something he'd be able to do for long. Even greens began to grow quickly at some point.

"You are looking better," he said, hoping to help add a bit of calm to the situation by commenting that he wasn't nearly as wounded as he had been before. There were a few former Candidates that had gotten the worst of the unbonded dragons rage - one of whom that was no longer with them - and although he did appreciate scars he was glad he hadn't earned any himself that day.

demon_pachabel

SkieBorne

Hattaki

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:44 am
Mewsings of An Angel

The sound of Suwayeth coming up got Brancath's head to raise from where she was resting, poised, by her beloved's feet. She'd been watching all her brothers and sisters, eyes soft, blue and green. It wasn't until she heard the sweet green's voice that she had purple tinting her eyes. Isilje was surprised at the sheer volume of feelings that seemed to overwhelm her for just a moment. The white rubbed her head back against her beloved Green sister, offering a wing over her shoulder, feeling how small she was against the other, My beloved sister, my Suwayeth, how glad I am to see you here. You are as radiant as the light of day, my stunning sibling. That got a smile from the small white girl, she pulling hood and goggles tighter around her. The red tint to the world was strange, but it made light easier to bear.

Kieza's voice surprised her, but she smiled warmly, "Yes....Brancath has had a few problems, so I'm worried that it'll be obvious." Her lavender eyes watched the little ones as they snuggled together, hands moving to touch a tiny head, "She looks after me, Suwayeth, and all her sisters....and I think she forgets she needs to look after herself. I do my best, but it's all so new." The feelings of love and support that washed over her after that made her smile, looking down at the white that made her feel a little better about it. Brancath meant the best for her, and she wanted the best for her dragon....That was the truth.  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff