[PRP] You Want to do What Now? (Ty'bar & Rinis) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:02 pm
Hattaki

The woman grinned mischievously. "Great! I'll bring all my friends." Not that she really had too many, but she wanted to tease him. "I can see if my friend will bring his blue." Rinis felt L'saen and Solouth would do anything she asked. "It'd honestly be nice to get away from the barracks sometimes." She was sure Ty'bar knew exactly how she felt. When one was a rider, one was also once a candidate; for the most part anyhow. There were those rare Stand Impressions.

She watched the interactions between the pair a bit jealously. One day she'd hopefully have a best friend like that. The green's comment did manage to bring a giggle out of her and restore her good humor. "Well then I hope his intuition picks me out as pretty a dragon as you Asilaeth!" Whatever dragon that picked her was bound to be beautiful in her eyes.

"Aaawww don't be sad," without thinking she stood up and went up to rub the green's eye ridges. "Oh I never thought about the sun going away." She'd heard about winter and cold and snow, but it was a somewhat foreign concept to her. Maybe when she got her dragon and it grew up, she could go see it for herself. Just once anyhow. "Several good things came out of it!" She nodded her agreement. Life came with good and bad times. One just had to live through them.

"What do you like to do Ty'bar? Besides sitting on the beach I mean. Hobbies?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:51 pm
If Ty'bar so much as possessed the capacity to be afraid of large groups of people he might actually have been terrified at the thought of a bunch of teenagers and young adults gathering in his small ground floor Weyr. As time had passed in his lifetime he rather enjoyed being around that many humans, it was a chance for him to keep his mind from slipping into a dangerous place that even Asilaeth could fail to bring him out of. Luckily those days were slowly starting to disappear, filled with new faces rather than the absence of old wing mates to drag him up from the depression that had settled full over him in the wake of his accident. Eyes lighting up he laughed brightly at the thought of so many people crammed in that tiny weyr, for he was certain she had many to call friend among her fellow Candidates. Far be it for the rider to offer the chance to her and deny her friends!

"As I said, the more the merrier! Though you'll have to keep an eye on how full you make it, Asilaeth might be quiet and monotone but she by no means is one to take any pushing or bumping." he winked one rosey brown eye at her to show he was kidding and was nearly knocked forwards to the sand for his ribbing.

I do not make a habit of chastising any but you dear rider, though you are by far enough to keep in check with your amusement. If you can stomach him Rinis I will gladly let you know where his Marks fall in the future. If one had to hazard a guess, your day to shine is coming.

Leaning her head into the brow scratches, even if they were not her favorite place to receive them she would hardly tell the hard working Candidate that, Asilaeth gave a content grumble. Contact was lovely, it reminded her of being surrounded by her siblings. No matter how she felt about High Reaches Weyr and the treatment her rider withstood for her choice, the little green admitted her fondness for her hatch siblings. However she was much happier here in Western, where a dragon could fly their hardest and be rewarded for skill and experience rather than color.

"Not seeing the sun is like not seeing either of the moons, though come to think on it they were usually obscured by clouds..." ruminating on his words for a bit with his fingers tapping one of his scarred cheeks, Ty'bar finally offered, "I never had much experience with hobbies. I worked as a drudge for much of my life as I waited and then transferred those energies to riding. But if there was one thing I have to say I like it would be swimming. I managed to get 'laeth in the water when we first transferred here and she loved it as much as me!"

Just the memory of swimming for the first time had him grinning again, Asilaeth had responded to water like one of the dolphins he'd seen when they flew to Western. For once she had been laughing and all but dancing in the water, one of the first times heed even seen her loosen up.

"I don't know how much free time you have, but what are your hobbies?"

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:12 am
Hattaki

Rinis smiled. She made a mental note to bring a few friends here for a party some night when they were free from chores. If his weyr was as tiny as he claimed they could always crash the beach. She'd bring a large blanket just in case.

"She's more than welcome to join in! You did say the more the merrier." She chuckled as the rider suddenly appeared unbalanced. Obviously the work of his dragon. Rinis grinned at the dragon. Oh I am looking forward to that day! She greatly enjoyed the contact with the dragon.

It was sad to think about not seeing the sun or moons. They were as much a part of her life as dragons and firelizards. Life without any of those wouldn't be worth much. The life of a drudge was tough. She pursed her lips thoughtfully. "Swimming is fun and we have lots of it here."

Rinis tilted her head thoughtfully as he asked about her hobbies. "I like to relax, and tend Chaek on rest days. Otherwise hanging out with friends or L'saen." Mostly it was with bluerider. Did she hang out with him too much? She wondered cheeks flushing slightly.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:22 pm
About to mention something about the ocean and the joys of swimming he was derailed by that gentle blush that came over her face and a grin crossed his features slowly. Outside of the way that she had mentioned her friends and then this L'saen he could tell that he was special and Ty'bar knew full well what that was like.

"So who's L'saen? A special sort of friend, or one that you want to be?" Giving her a wink he let a chuckle slip from him. "I've had a few of those back when I wasn't such a scarred up thing. Ah the glory days."

What glory days? High Reaches was not a place for glory. Well... not unless you're a bronze or gold rider.

Disdain slipped into Asilaeth's voice that was only directed towards the fate of green riders in the Weyr where she had been hatched. Though she had respected some of them, she disliked her rider being looked down on because of her color, something that she had no control over, especially when she believed that she was perfect. No matter what others said she knew that much and that Ty'bar was thoroughly hers in every way. Surely Rinis would find her own dragon and experience the same and soon.

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:59 pm
Hattaki

His grin showed he hadn't missed her fluster when she thought about the friend she wished wasn't a friend. Which only made the blush on her cheeks a little worst. It was a relationship she couldn't make a move on, at least not yet, and hope no other girl did either. Not until she aged out or after she impressed and her dragon grew up. Being a candidate had it's drawbacks sometimes.

"Weeeeeeeell. He's a blue rider. We have been just friends for a very long time." Thankfully he quickly changed the subject to himself. "Surely they didn't leave you because of your scars? They must not have been very close to you." She was pretty sure L'saen would have her heart always. No matter what happened to him.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:59 pm
"Oooohhhh." Stretching it out with the same length she had, Ty'bar felt his grin grow a little wider but really how could he help but let it? Rinis had feelings towards a rider, but the way she claimed 'just friends' made him a little sad as he remembered his owl past with riders and Candidates. "Why just friends? It sounds as though someone wants it to be a little more personal than that."

A lady never tells.

Wrapping her tail around his mouth so that he couldn't speak another word or make Rinis uncomfortable, the green dragon turned her blue eyes on the younger girl and tried to get a handle on her. It was new, this was their first meeting and she didn't want her overly blunt rider to scare this possible friend away. Age difference being what it was that wasn't the actual concern, she didn't want his own heart to touch on hers and scare her away, she seemed nice and Asilaeth had met some that weren't when they met the mess that was her rider. Some day she would manage to convince him that appearance actually mattered even if he was a rider. Slowly she lifted her wing that showed signs of old scars across the delicate skin between her phalanges.

Do not let this one fool you, he wasn't always so scarred. This was actually the result of the first day of Threadfall, though he was not the only one that received them. Most of those past 'glories' of his were before he and I met all those Turns ago when he was still a young thing. It's those men's own fault for leaving him though, this one is friendly and sweet when he's not being so blunt.

A look of irritation passed over Ty'bar's face when he realized that he couldn't pull the tail covering his mouth off, she'd constricted it so that he could breath but not speak. If Rinis spoke he at least could read her lips and know what she was saying but he could no longer respond, at least not until Asilaeth was finished speaking with her.

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:03 pm
Hattaki

She knew he was teasing her, and really she didn't have enough friends who would tease her like that. Rinis chuckled as the green came to her defense. She shook her head, "because I don't want to loose my chance at being a candidate and potentially miss impressing my dragon." If she got into a serious relationship and got pregnant, they wouldn't let her stand.

The young woman tilted her head, eyes solemn, as the green spoke. Oh I see. I don't think his scars detract from either of you. I'm sure if he looked he'd find someone again. She smiled at Asilaeth. "Thank you both for being brave and fighting thread that first day! I'm sure it was positively terrifying." But oh! To be doing what dragonriders did best! It was a dream she longed for.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:01 am
It took a moment for Asilaeth to trust that she could even release her rider's mouth without him spouting out a blunt comment about the girl's predicament so she chose to not do so instead. His fingers drumming on her tail showed his irritation even if it wasn't full blown anger just yet, his words that echoed in her mind did nothing to dissuade her actions.

There are relationships without... that component. At the very least there could be a sweet time where you simply share your feelings and not anything else. It must be harder to keep them in with every day that passes. Especially if he's a rider and has to fight Thread.

It was true that there was danger in the wings that flew, danger every day that Thread fell. If riders couldn't fly then there would be an unbelievable amount of life lost and if new Candidates didn't Impress on the sands then the future would never rise to the occasion either and the little green did not want that. But to suppress one's own feelings for another.... If she had any to suppress she was certain that she wouldn't enjoy the experience.

Scars and our past do nothing to detract from his character, at least I believe so. Someday there will be one that shares this view and will make him happy. You should also never need to thank a rider or his dragon for fighting Thread. It is our duty and honor. One that we both shall see to returning to in time, to save those that matter to us and to Pern.

Dipping her head all the same and releasing Ty'bar's mouth at last, having spoken at least the last part so that he could hear it, Asilaeth lapsed into silence. Her monotone was usually viewed as annoying if she continued to speak for long times in it anyway, but the dark rider patted her tail and offered her a smile all the same.

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:39 pm
Hattaki

Rinis closed her eyes and shook her head, I don't know if I could be strong enough then Asilaeth. I really really like him, but I'd also really like my own beautiful dragon so I can fly with him. Does that make sense? That and it was just so confusing to think about sometime it was easier to pretend it wasn't. That and L'saen had never shown any interest in her that she was aware of. At least she didn't think he had. What if he just thought of her as a friend or didn't even like her? Is heartbreak worst than holding in feelings? She didn't want think about what she'd do if he died fighting thread and she never got to tell him how she felt.

"But dragons and their riders should never be taken for granted either." She tried to hide the threatening tears with a grin. "There's no harm in thanking you." Rinis stood up and brushed off her pants. "Thank you for talking Asilaeth and Ty'bar. I should probably be heading back now to check in."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:02 pm
It all depends on what you decide you can handle, though I've no experience with either in regards to love myself. This one has caused me all the heartache I could possibly stand, he's more than enough.

Asilaeth inclined her head to her rider as if to state that all his issues were not enough to have her angry or ready to flee from him. Quite the opposite, it was something that had her loving him all the more. But it was not romantic as Rinis was dealing with and the green dragon had found no male or female dragons that even held a candle to her, at least in her opinion. So why should she ever bother even showing the least bit of worry about love?

Her own inability to love romantically did not mean that her rider hadn't experienced it though, strong enough that it had left lasting physical and mental scars on him. Reaching out before he even realized that it might be unwanted, Ty'bar pulled Rinis into a tight hug and patted her back warmly. Love was something that nearly all humans would experience in their lives, some stronger than others, and no one should have to fight back tears as they made a decision whether to fly or love. He'd been there many times, loved deeply and lost so fully that it had seemed to break anything in his heart that could even have him love again. And yet...

"Someday the time will be right, someday you'll know what you have to do. Until then you have every right to make your own decisions and forge your own path." Pulling back to offer her a wide smile and a nod, the smile widened a bit, "If you're heading back there we might as well too. It's time for some training. Would you like a ride on a fast little green?"

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:47 pm
Hattaki
good job you made me go all sappy. *wipes tears away and pretends not crying*

What she could handle? Rinis brooded thoughtfully for a moment. Could she handle giving up her dragon to be with the man she loved? But she knew, or at least she thought she knew, L'saen wouldn't want her to give up that chance. She smiled and patted the green's head sympathetically. "I understand."

She was surprised when Ty'bar reached out and embraced her tightly. Rinis stood there a moment, then sobbed into his shirt a few times. It wasn't a lover's embrace, which she wouldn't have accepted, but a friendly one. It felt good to let it go, and have someone to talk to about her fears and feelings. She was pretty certain neither one would betray her confidences to L'saen.

His support made her feel that tiny bit better. She nodded and wiped her eyes on the back of her hand. "Thank you Ty'bar, and Asilaeth. Someday I will be able to tell him how I feel." Rinis perked up and grinned, tears for the moment forgotten. "If she doesn't mind!"  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:30 pm
Seeing her grin made his heart swell a bit and the scarred rider rubbed her shoulders lightly before looking towards Asilaeth with a question in his light brown eyes. Faceted eyes swirling a mix of green and blue in amusement herself, the dragon allowed her rider to pose the question without an answer for just a moment, he didn't need to feel as though she weren't being imposed upon. After all, this was the second time in as many months that someone else had ridden with her rider. Luckily she was a strong green despite her diminutive size and her larger than average wingspan kept her in the air as long as she wasn't hauling over five hundred pounds of human or anything else.

She'd tested numerous times to see what she could handle in the past.

Inclining her head after as many heartbeats as it took to pass through Between, Asilaeth positioned her body so that both of them could climb onto her without a problem, not that Ty'bar had ever suffered in leaping onto her back as he did the moment she moved.

"Asilaeth is many things, but tolerant isn't usually one of them unless she likes you." With that he winked and held out his left hand for Rinis to grab, "Seems she's fond of you and I can't say that to everyone."

In fact thinking back there were only two others that Asilaeth had ever allowed to ride on her back along with him. That flash of amusement twanged at his heartstrings for a moment when he remembered the faces of both people and he gestured with his hand for Rinis to grab it, smile never wavering despite the memories.

magnadearel
These two are particularly good for that. lol X3;

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:27 pm
Hattaki
They are.

Several heartbeats seemed to go by without an answer from the green. Rinis held her breath until the green moved to let them onto her back. She smiled, "thank you Asilaeth." Candidate she might be, but she was well practiced at riding second. With a hand, a hop, and a swing, she was up and seated behind Ty'bar. "And thank you Ty'bar! This sure beats walking." Honestly, who didn't love a dragon ride?

Quickly settled, Rinis set a firm grip on the rider in front of her. It would only be a short ride, not like those L'saen took her on, so she'd enjoy every moment of it. At least, she could tell the candidatemaster she'd done her job well. Asilaeth she couldn't tell, but Ty'bar seemed to be in better spirits. Too bad she couldn't watch them train too. She bet the green could just own the air.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:28 am
Any time you need.

It wasn't completely out of character for the green to take a shine to someone else, but it was odd in someone that she'd just met. In the past it had only been those that found their way into Ty'bar's heart, so maybe that was a hint for him in regards to the young girl before him. She did remind him a bit of his sisters, just much kinder and far less likely to turn colorist on those that she cared for.

"Make sure you hold on tight now!" was all that he managed to get out before the green took a few steps and used her large wings to leap up into the air. As always he was impressed with just how smooth the transition could be and it made his heart soar all the higher to feel it once more for it had been a long time between his injuries and when he started training once again. It wasn't just that he'd missed flying, it was that Asilaeth's enjoyment melded with his own and it was like a kind of magic. One that he would always hold onto.

magnadearel
Safe to say fin. ^^

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items