Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2018)
Evocative Enigma Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:19 pm
Day # 15
Theme: Draw someone else's OC from written description

User Image

Comments: I hope you like the art... I had a lot of fun working with the atmosphere of the sunset colors on this piece. (My head cannon about your character: He loves to read fantasy fiction novels. High elves were taught that fictitious works were beneth their intellegence and all of the written works read by high elves are non-fiction journal style and biographical works of elves alone and it's making it easier for him to accept other races, after learning to love all sorts of stories.)

for Kiwi Flavoured Bubbles
Quote:

Ooh, sounds interesting.
I'll drop this dude I've been working on, if anyone wants to draw a pretty elven dude.

Race: Elf
Height: Around 5'1"
Build: Very slender, as is usual for elves. A little under 100 pounds.
Skin: Bronze.
Face: Heart-shaped, with somewhat noticeable cheekbones, but a soft jawline. He's got a very straight nose, like your typical "Greek" nose shape.
Eyes: Somewhere between round- and almond-shaped, and golden. May wear eyeliner to accentuate his long lashes.
Hair: Either black or dark brown (leaning toward the brown, but if you colour--either works), with copper streaks. It's kind of wavy, but since it's normally pulled back tight, it's not noticeable. It's long, comes down to at least the middle of his back, but he wears it pulled into a tight bun. He also typically has at least a couple braids on the sides of his head, which he winds around the base of the bun to hold it in place.
(Not sure if that was confusing or not,, if so, a normal bun is perfectly okay).
Markings: He's got three moles in the shape of Orion's belt across his left cheekbone, near the edge of his eye. He's also got a light dusting of freckles over his nose, but the moles stand out much more in comparison.

Clothes:
This one's a little difficult, so feel free to improvise if you're going to draw more than a head lmfao.
If anything, you can just give him some simple monk robe it's all good I don't really care.
He's a monk, and has a robe that only covers one shoulder and arm (and one leg), and comes down to his calves, with a sash tied around his waist. Hands are wrapped all the way to his elbows. Pants are kind of poofy, and tied just under his knee, where his sandals start, wrapping around his leg in some... crossing pattern down to his foot.
Will sometimes be wearing shiny golden earrings.
idk how to describe clothes, sORRY lmao.

Personality if it helps:
He's a little haughty, still trying to get over the idea that other races aren't inferior to (high) elves, but otherwise rather calm and patient. Quiet.
He has a tendency to always look like he's judging you, even when his face is at rest, but he's probably just observing the situation with interest or curiosity.
Does like shiny and beautiful things, though. He pretty much gave up material possessions while being a monk, but finds that his love for them never really went away.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:36 pm
Day # 16
Theme: Crane

User Image

Comments: I really liked this piece....  

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:49 pm
Day # 17
Theme: Circus

User Image

Comments:
So.... I probably won't be getting my art completely finished tonight, since I have an early morning tomorrow and am NOT going to stay up too late.

Here's my crappy screenshot preview for Circus though:

Not sure what's going on, but I keep getting some sort of error about some list failed to load on gaia?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:31 pm
Day # 18
Theme: Questioning

User Image

Comments: Scene from one of my favorite fanfics:

“Um…Do you know me?” He asked shyly. ‘What kind of question is that?’ He thought, startled.

“What do you mean?” He asked, eyeing the stranger in front of him who looked like his long dead koi.

“I want to know if you know me.” He said again with more determination in his voice.

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:29 pm
Day 19
Theme: Spinx
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:59 pm
Day # 20
Theme: Finish/Improve

User Image

Comments: Alright, so I KNOW I should have taken the time to finish the Circus theme day... but every time I looked at this piece, all I could think about was how much I didn't like the hair, as it didn't look ANYWHERE near as realistic as the rest of the drawing... so I just had to take the time to fix this. I like this version quite a bit more, but I'm not happy with the stars, so I might fudge with them a bit more.

So.... drawing today was dedicated to redrawing the hair. Sadly, I couldn't find the layerd file, (I think I saved over it) so I had to edit on the flat drawing, but I think it turned out better than the original despite not having the layers seperated already.  

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:44 pm
Day # 21
Theme: Arabesque/Islamic

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image
Comments: I really tried to stay true to the style on the first one, but the second one was more just a mandala for fun, but I really liked how it came out. LOVE that Clip Paint Studio has a Symmetry ruler

...and one more damn mandala.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:32 pm
Day: 22
Theme: Something's wrong with the moon!
User Image

Comment: LOL, couldn't resist Rick and Morty fan art. XD  

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:32 pm

Day 23

User Image

(Edit your art here if you decide to make an entry)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:51 pm
Day: 24
Theme: Artist Request
User Image
Comment: DefauIt's character - Overlord  

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:08 pm
Day: 25
Theme: Bat
Comment: LOL, I had to share my picture for bat because it's evil and I LOVE it. XD WOW.... posted in the main thread and almost forgot to post in my own thread! Submitted this a few hours ago, but forgot to post it here. XD

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:03 am
Day: 26
Theme: Abstract
Comment: My first pour painting. (It didn't turn out as vibrant as I hoped the colors would (I used a magenta, a rich deep blue and a pale seafoam green and ended up with a mostly purplish marble mess but it's still pretty. XD)

So, this is right after the pour and a bit of splatter paint on top:
User Image

Um yeah... my garage is a mess. XD

This is about thirty minutes after the pour, waiting for cells to bloom a bit more. (I didn't bother User Image

Here's a close up of some of the cells in one of the corners
User Image

Theme: Abstract
User Image

Comment: Abstract (kind of) flowers

Theme: Pokemon Evolution / Poison
Comment: I always liked the Eeveelutions... but I was never much into Pokemon after Yellow. However, I still think Espeon is probably one of my all time favorite Pokemon, just because I think that design is really elegant for a Pokemon. So.. the body type for Miasmeon is basically a lot like an Espeon but with the more toxic purple color and a bit meaner looking. XD

User Image  

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:07 pm
Day: 27
Theme: Dreams

User Image

Comments: I almost didn't post this, as I had a hard time with today's themes and this ended up being really personal, but I had to get it out in the end. This is for a missing friend.

I can still see you dancing, but you were like a cloud in the bluest sky. Swept away by the wind, and we all wondered why. I still see your face sometimes, at night when I dream. But I can't remember your voice anymore, and that hurts more than it would seem.

You were the melody I danced to in my head, your laugh the upbeat tempo that brightened any day. You don't know how much I've missed you, since you've blown away.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:41 pm
Day: 28
Theme: Reinterpret a story/character from a fairytale

User Image

Comments: I really didn't know what to do for the themes today... so just sort of made a change to Thumbelina.

Sorry for the really basic sketch, I didn't have much time to focus on art today. Didn't feel well, so I was just sort of out of it most of the day. I really want to finish this piece later.  

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:40 pm
Day: 29
Theme: Sorting Hat

User Image

Comments: Getting warm and cozy by the fire on a cold winter night. (actually used a screenshot from the second movie and the sorting hat and that spinner gadget was on Dumbledore's desk.)

https://gabtor.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/harry_potter_and_the_chamber_of_secrets_9.jpg  
100 Days Event (2018)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff