Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Jacepi & Vanaryn - Reunited and it Feels So....Good? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:38 pm
"I missed him too," Jacepi said, and followed Jacel to the green. He couldn't help the smile that crossed his face at the sight of her. He'd always loved Anath.

He let go of Jacel's hand and went over to her, scratching her eye ridges. "I've missed you," he said.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Anath crooned quietly under the attention, eyes whirling a pleased blue color. Vanaryn had no reason to be jealous of her dragon and yet she was. Anath huffed a laugh and turned her eyes on her rider. She didn't say anything but Vanaryn knew what she was telling her. The woman sighed softly and moved to lean against her dragon, arms around the green's neck.  

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:02 pm
Jacel looked between Jacepi and Anath, and then Jacepi and Vanaryn. He crossed his arms. "How come you didn't tell me you were friends with Anath?" He demanded. And why was Vanaryn so sad?

Jacepi stepped away from the green. He looked to Jacel. "I told you Vannie was my friend when I was a kid," he said. "Anath and I were friends too."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:35 pm
Vanaryn pressed a kiss to Anath's neck before standing straight again. She attempted a smile but it slipped a little when he called her his friend. Shard it, why did she still react this way to him? "Right, your dad was the first person I told after I Impressed, and Harper Hall was the first place I came back to when we weren't weyrlings anymore."

She needed to get a hold of herself. "Jace, you can stay with us if you want. I've got a pretty comfy couch you can sleep on." Her heart raced a little and she wondered what he'd make of her using his old nickname. She hadn't used it with him in a very long time.  

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:41 pm
"Oh. Cool! I didn't know that. He doesn't really talk about you." Jacel was drowning slightly. He was pretty sure they'd been more than friends at one point. They seemed so awkward.

"Yeah! Dad, stay with us!"

Jacepi paused and looked to Vannie as she called him by his nickname. His smile turned a little sad. "Alright," he agreed. "Thank you, Vannie. That's very kind."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:53 pm
Vanaryn smiled a little even though her heart was taking hits. She didn't blame him though. Why would he want to tell his son from another woman about the girl who'd hurt him before? "Not a problem," she said and gave him a smile. She was determined not to fight with him this visit. She wanted to mend the fence she had all but destroyed between them before. She knew it would take time, but she could at least make a start of it. Anath warbled gently, letting her rider know she approved of her actions and plan.  

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:03 pm
"I haven't seen your weyr in turns," Jacepi prompted. "Care to show me around?" He offered Vanaryn his hand with no hesitation. "You can tell me how awful Jacel's been while he goes and spends time with Jarah."

"But--" Jacel protested.

"Go see Jarah,"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:18 pm
She blinked, eyes wide as he offered her his hand. His next words startled a laugh out of her and she nodded, taking his hand tentatively. "Yeah, sure," she said and smiled.

Anath gave them a draconic smile and 'nudged' Jacepi closer to Vanaryn while maintaining an innocent expression. Innocent my a**,, Vanaryn thought at her dragon.  

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:25 pm
Jacepi moved a bit closer, awkwardly, as Jacel took off to find his older brother. "I'm sorry he's given you so much trouble," he said. "Thank you for taking care of him for me, Vannie."

He looked away for a moment. "I'm sorry I came unannounced."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:34 pm
"Oh, no, don't worry about it... He's a good kid, really. Just...you know. A new place, new people. He's frustrated and he misses you, that's all," she said and smiled. "It's really not a problem." She squeezed his hand when he looked away. "Really, Jace, don't worry about it. You have every right in the world to come see your kids whenever you want." Her breath hitched a little at that, the words almost exactly what she'd told him when Jarah was little.  

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:39 pm
"We know whenever I want doesn't happen," Jacepi said. He smiled sadly. "I would've been here every day for Jarah if I could've been." But he couldn't have. Vanaryn didn't love him and his craft hadn't permitted it.

"I miss him so much. I wish.." he sighed. He wished he could be with Jacel. But the boy had a better chance here. With a healthy, whole parent.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:38 pm
Vanaryn winced a bit and nodded. "I know," she said quietly. At his wistful words, she chewed her lip. He didn't have to miss his sons so much. He'd already missed so much of Jarah's life, there was no reason he should miss Jacel's, too.

"You could stay here," she blurted out and then tensed, her face heating up. "At the Weyr, I mean. You're a journeyman, you don't have to stay at Fort anymore. Then you could be here with your sons."  

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:08 pm
Jacepi was silent for a long time. He stared, and then squinted. "Is there a harper position open at the Weyr?" He asked. He sounded sceptical. He couldn't play guitar anymore. Pipes, yes, but there were songs that needed stringed instruments for the proper tone.

And where would he stay? He didn't want to be a burden.

"I'll think about it," he said.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:24 pm
He was quiet for so long that she almost opened her mouth to take it back. "Oh, uh....I'm... I'm not sure, actually." She hadn't thought that far ahead. "I'm sure they could use another piper. You were always so talented at them," she said.

"Yeah, sure. Of course. I just....thought I should mention it. As an option..." she trailed off, a little embarrassed. She was going about this all wrong, she was sure.  

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:31 pm
"Thank you," he said. "I appreciate it." He hesitated, and looked away. He released her hand and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"How do Jarah and Jacel get along?" He asked.  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff