DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:23 am
ShinosBee

What would he do? Though she was sure he meant it rhtorically, Sunny decided to answer. "If I don't die between, put my body somewhere beautiful. That way you'll have to see it when you come to visit me." she said, smiling wistfully. Ah, but she'd upset him again. Still, she'd felt it needed to be said. She truly believed, with a stony realism, that she would indeed die long before the end of thread. And she too worried about what would become of G'ar and Marasameth once they were gone. More than anything, she worried her death would play into his anxieties, seeming to confirm everything he held true about the world. But he was wrong!

"And don't let my death be a reason not to live. I'm telling you now, however it happens, I'm fine with it." She put a hand on Altoth's neck with a smile, still leaning against his flank. "I got everything I wanted in life. Even if it ends too soon, it will have been worth it."

"But don't worry." she said, clasping her hand behind her back with a bright laugh. "I love life as much as anyone. I won't see it end just yet." she assured him. She just wanted him to know.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:56 pm
This was all...very great deal of things G'ar did not want to think about that he was in fact being forced to think about now. The small knot of anxious fear at the core of his chest seemed to pulse heat, and twist and writhe and grow, frantic and grabbing to try to claw its way out. Wit his face buried against Marasemeth's hide it wouldn't be noticeable, the way his eyes were so wide and horror-struck. Put her somewhere beautiful? Have to visit? For one hysterical moment he could imagine, with crystal clarity, himself standing on some distant ridge, over the still-rotting half-corpse of a Sunny mostly eaten by thread. The sunset beyond was radiant, exhultant, but all he could see were the grubs, burrowing in and out, in and out, exposed muscle and bile and bon—

Marasemeth's thoughts were like a physical blow, staggering G'ar and bringing him, shuddering and drenched in cold sweat, back to reality. His own desperate mental whimper was pitiful in comparison, but the blue did little more than press a little closer. I don't think she noticed. You only seemed to grow distant a moment. G'ar, you did not look like your feelings, I promise. The blue crooned to his wreck of a rider, and even bothered to pass along his own memories of what Sunny had gone on to say in time for G'ar to catch the end of the conversation as if he'd only perhaps been pensive a moment, and not locked in the grip of his own terrible mind.

"Promise me on that then, Sunny. Just don't go flying into death, and...we'll try to go out more often. Yes?" He pulled away from Mara then, all gentle and charming faced once more and looked up, over Sunny and Altoth, out into the darkening sky over Western. Pure, blessedly clear skies. No thread tonight, on paper or in reality. "After all, I can't be expected to...do that," And Mara was there to steady him against the creeping imaginations, always. "If you don't show me some beautiful places first."

DruidTigeress

ShinosBee

Nerd

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:48 pm
ShinosBee

Sunny sighed softly, turning back towards Altoth after watching her friend. She could tell he was still upset, but she could also tell that her talking about it wasn't going to help. If only she could make him see.. If only he could understand how it didn't bother her. But she had to accept that they were just too different people. Probably, their points of view could never really be understood by the other. Sometimes she wished she could share her mind with other people the way she could with Altoth. She would gladly take half of his anxiety, she thought, if she could give him half of her joy.

"I won't, G'ar. I promise," she said seriously. "Even if you don't go out more, I won't." she laughed. She certainly didn't mean to hold him in duress, thinking he was the reason for her recklessness, or that she'd fly into some patch of thread if he didn't visit the ocean with her.

She followed his gaze out towards the space above the Weyr, where the clear blue sky was beginning its slow transition to a deep indigo. Was it already so late? Evening had crept up on them. She had to slog through more death tonight, before she could enjoy its peaceful embrace. Those damage reports weren't going to write themselves! What joy! she thought, sarcastically this time. It's not like she was super human after all. It's not like she could find happiness in everything. But just like the sun, it was only ever waiting on the other side of a horizon..

She looked at G'ar and smiled, looping her arm around his and leaning her head against his shoulder as she watched the sky. It was so pretty. And for once, she thought maybe he thought so too. "Just promise you'll remember me like this. No matter what happens, remember we were happy."

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff