[PRP] First Impressions (Vash x Dolmar) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:07 am
Bread and cheese, such simple desires. It'd be no trouble to arrange for that, and Dolmar nodded sagely before letting Half-Mark step down off his arm and onto the table, where her perched calmly (though with the occasional appraising look towards Vash and her own companion). He crossed the hall to the doors connecting it to the kitchens, making plain use of the idea that as long as you look like you have the right to be where you are, no one will bother you. Indeed asking for additional items wasn't unusual, but there was already bread and cheese to be found on the long tables, so why...

He returned barely three minutes later, a large tray held aloft on one long-fingered hand. He slid it onto the table much in the fashion of a server at a high class tavern would, and a multitude of small dishes were revealed. The nearest edge of the tray to Vash had a polished plate stacked with a variety of cheeses sliced into long thin wedges, and a pair of loaves of bread—still steaming and fresh from the ovens. Another larger dish had a small cluster of the spiderclaw puffs they knew Half-Mark liked...and beside that was a fresh slice of pie. Dishes of fish, cooked and uncooked, slices of fruits and roots and berries, thin strips of a number of meats. He'd effectively gathered up a sampler platter of almost every item within the kitchens that he could get away with taking.

"We might as well indulge them, hmm? Such clever little things. Best to go through all the options." His own dish was similar to Vash's own, and he plucked up a slice of cheese with a fork. "Though of course, that's no reason for either of us to wait, yes?"

Kyrieko

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:04 pm
She watched curiously as Dolmar headed across the hall. There was plenty of options on the tables, right? Maybe? And then he entered the kitchen and there may have been red on her cheeks. Oh sweet Faranth, what was he up to?! She glanced towards the smaller brown lizard, then up towards Fravashi who just snorted at both of them.

Oh shards... Vash just stared in a bit of awe at the large tray that was slid in front of them. There was certainly the bread and cheese she asked for.... and all manner of other delectables that had to be way to much for the two of them! The redhead couldn't help the laugh that escaped, a bright smile directed towards Dolmar.

"Well, I can't say that I'll argue with that!" In answer to his last question, she carefully sliced a piece of bread and placed some cheese upon it. Fravashi just about launched himself from her shoulder before pausing and somewhat remembering his manners. Which meant he was chirping and crooning and rubbing his cheek against his person. Begging.

"Hopefully, something on this lovely array of choices you've gotten for us will be perfect for Half-Mark!" A few berries were gathered as well as a strip of meat. Vash set them aside and Fravashi jumped to the table to hoard his treats.

Giving the smaller brown lizard a curious look, Vash let herself have a couple bites of her own food before making a suggestion. "Okay, so normally I wouldn't encourage such behavior but... why not watch and see if Half-Mark will help himself to anything in particular on the platter? Might give us an idea as to what he really wants."

ShinosBee
hi ilu i'm sorry this took so long <333

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:25 am
It always amused Dolmar, that people reacted so strongly when anyone did as he'd done. Honestly, he'd only gone and politely (but firmly) requested some things. It's what the kitchen staff was for after all, wasn't it? there was no need at all for the moment of awe he'd taken note of. Now, if she'd asked for an entire rack of herdbeast ribs and he'd procured it with no warning, that might be worth some surprise. Still, he felt genuine pleasure in having appealed to her, made her smile. Never let it be said that he was a poor host (though technically they both lived there, and thus neither of them were hosts in this case).

He took note of how her brown checked himself, an admirable show of restraint. The begging was a bit much, but too adorable to judge harshly. He'd recently begun to learn how touching such efforts from his own little companion were, and how effective. It was a bit crass, but endearing regardless. "Once all's said and done, that," He gestured with the back of his hand to the pie—it was rude to stab his fork at it, wasn't it?—is for your fellow. Provided his conduct has met your standards. I'm sure if you'd rather he not indulge, we can find some way of disposing of it." The faint crook of one corner of his mouth implied that he definitely meant that they could devour it themselves. It was only redfruit pie, not the bubbly sort, but he quite favored that kind. It was less common, and less overly-cloying in sweetness he found, not to mention less messy.

"I suppose there's no harm in that. He knows better than to make a mess of it all, but we'll see how long that lasts once he gets food in his mouth." He mentally coaxed the little dark brown forward, and for a beat Half-mark looked torn. He clearly had no idea what to do when presented with so many options, and let slip a tiny querulous chitter as he stepped onto the tray, slender body maneuvering delicately between all the dishes, gem-like eyes never still as he inspected everything at once.

Kyrieko
emotion_bigheart No rush, never any rush my dear!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:41 am
While he may have been amused or surprised by her reaction to such a gesture, Vash just simply wasn't used to such things. She'd always had to work for everything and usually was the one procuring such trays for guests. Or assisting in the sales of her crafthall. So it was rather nice and charming to have someone else perform such actions. It was sweet and thoughtful, in her opinion.

They definitely would have been in a bit of a disagreement over how 'adorable' Fravashi's begging was. Vash just sighed, pushing the brown lizards head out of the way as he became more persistent. She did have to give him a little credit, seeing as he hadn't actually jumped straight for all the delicious food presented in front of him. Still... "Alright, ya miscreant! Sit down and behave. Then maybe I'll give you a treat." She eyed the pie in question, slanting an amused look at Dolmar. "I guess it's all a matter of who behaves better. Him. Or us." She teased a little, taking a few slices of meat to offer to Fravashi, who was now sitting in her lap with his head peeking just above the table.

She gathered a few pieces of fruit and a slice of cheese before turning her attention to the other firelizard. "Food is a good motivator. Even if we don't find any one thing specifically - except those spiderclaw puffs - if he enjoys this, you can always promise a small feast for very good behavior?" Vash offered, popping a berry in her mouth to munch on. "I think the biggest issue you'll have to be wary of... is other firelizards. They might get a little jealous seeing Half-Mark getting so many tasty treats." This said while her gaze quickly traveled around to be sure no other lizards were nearby.

ShinosBee

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:19 am
Honestly, it went to show how right he'd been in selecting Vash as a mentor of sorts in this area. He'd never have considered some of the things she said, and though partly he felt he could wave aside her concerns (as he felt his will held enough sway over the brown to let the firelizard become overly expectant) others had real merit. "I've heard tell of flocks of wherries mobbing beach-goers who made the mistake of waving about a meatroll. I do suppose this would be something of an equivalent, wouldn't it?" He too cast about an eye for any lurking lizards, but spotted none, to his relief. A twisting, whirling cloud of begging mouths on wings would certainly give them both headaches, if not a fresh set of nips or scratches.

"Of course I'd like to not have to yoke the kitchen workers to his performance; gathering up a feast like this for a simple message delivered and returned? No, I think perhaps such efforts are better spent on more wondrous, special moments as this." His brow cocked at her, that little smug half-smile slithering there-and-gone again as he speared a long thin strip of buttery fish, twisting it with a practiced motion to make it bite-sized, and less apt to drip. Of course, if Half-Mark did something especially important, then perhaps such rewards could be had...and as long as the level of indulgence didn't bring him into the eye of a vengeful headwoman.

"Ah, careful now, Half-Mark," He turned the fork around in his hand, using the end of the handle to steady the little dish of berries and keep it from spilling all over. The brown lizard, seeing Vash's interest, had wove his way over to it and had now perched with his front legs up of the lip of the bowl to sniff around inside. "Though I'm sure you'd not mind eating it off the floor, would you? Well, we would, so try not to lick them all either, hmm?" The brown creeled up at him, fluttering slightly at the half-teasing scolding, and then reached in to pluck a single berry out between his little jaws.

Kyrieko

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:03 pm
"A flock of wherries would be a little frightening." Vash mused. "A hoard of firelizards? All squawking and begging for food or attempting to steal it?" She just shook her head. "And they have the advantage of being able to go between!" Now she laughed a little. She had been lucky enough to never be on the receiving end of such a fair of lizards, thank Faranth.

Okay, she had to give him the point there. She certainly wouldn't have let Fravashi expect such a large feast for something simple. "Fair enough." She said, tilting her head a little in thought. And maybe her cheeks were just a little red after that smug little smile of his. She just tried really hard to pretend there wasn't a small fluttery feeling in her stomach. "Well, at least there's enough selection here that he's bound to find something he'll be willing to work for!" The redhead glanced between the two brown firelizards. "In theory, anyways."

Vash eyed Half-Mark as he snooped about the bowl of berries, a smile tugging at her lips. "I certainly would rather not wear berri juice today." She kept a hand lightly curled around Fravashi in her lap, in case the excitement of a bowl clattering about caught his interest. He peeked his head up, meeping at the little brown before ducking back down to finish his own treat.

"Has Half-Mark ever retrieved any objects for you?" Vash asked, stealing another berry while said lizard was distracted.

ShinosBee

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:58 pm
On some level Dolmar was aware of the effect he seemed to be having on Vash. At least, enough to know that she seemed more inclined to being open with him, showing friendly signs and interest in him and what he had to say. He'd been trained, after all, to respond automatically in whatever way would prompt the responses, the openness, the sharing that he desired. At no point did he feel he was perhaps leading her on, but his body language did shift to mirror hers, subconsciously wanting to appeal to her further. Who knew, after all, what young girl might impress a gold, or know the son of the nearby lord holder, or any other number of things that might be useful beyond her knowledge of firelizards.

"He's so well-mannered, really," He nodded to the brown in her lap. "For a firelizard, of course. I've seen plenty, even golds and bronzes, with will to match a dragon. Don't tell them I'd ever say so though, of course," He winked, as if sharing some quiet, private joke with her. "Sadly, no. Well. Perhaps one or two small things, from across the room. But never with any real pattern or intent behind it, on my part." His gaze shifted to his brown, who'd managed to swallow a berry whole without chewing or choking. He didn't seem terribly keen though, abandoning the bowl with an imperious cheep, and picking his way over instead to the platter of assorted cheeses. These, as they were cut into wedges and slices, were too big to gobble down whole at least. Dolmar did feel some pride in that the little fellow wasn't just gorging or racing about. Perhaps he was smarter than he'd thought after all, and understood in some way what they were trying to do.

"A shame yours is a brown too. I'd not mind having one or two more—after I've mastered training him up, with your help, of course—but I don't much care for my odds at another beach clutch. With how many eager candidates have come flooding in of late, not to mention riders who could get to such events quickly and with the best advantage...well. If only one of them were gold, or even green, hmm? Though I am glad that, if nothing else, yours is proof positive of the quality of a well-mannered brown."

Kyrieko

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:24 pm
While she had never been trained in such arts as one might learn in the Courtesan hall, Vash was inherently a kind soul that knew how to be open. Or at least knew how to make people feel at ease around her. A trick she'd acquired when helping her Aunt at the baker crafthall. But, she was beginning to learn, it was quite a different thing altogether when the other individual was around your age. And a boy. That could smile just right.

The redhead couldn't stop the laughter that burst out at his comment of how well-mannered Fravashi seemed. It took her a minute to catch her breath before she gave Dolmar a slightly apologetic look, patting said firelizard on the back to let him know she was okay.

"That, was not always the case." She got out with a small cough. Although, now that she thought about it, he still wasn't always so well behaved as today. "He was a right terror when he first hatched. Always trying to attack the brooms and mops, stealing pastries and meatpies, and one memorable occasion with a bucket." Vash shook her head, then grinned at the wink. "I promise I won't tell any of 'em you said that."

Letting her gaze travel back to Half-Mark, Vash was thoughtful. "Fravashi liked to bring things he'd stolen to me at first, proud of himself. That 'retrieving' sense of duty he had is what I latched on to. But we had to work on only a couple objects at a time." She glanced over at Dolmar. "Like socks, for example. We focused on the act of retrieving those until he understood what I was asking. Then began to branch out more."

Vash glanced down at the lizard in her lap, peeking his head up to sniff at the platter of delicious things. "I'm not sure if I could deal with more Fravashi's!" She exclaimed with a chuckle. "He can be the territorial little thing when it comes to me." But she couldn't help a small bit of pride hearing that she'd done will training him. "Hey, at least you know that if Fravashi can behave, there's always hope for any firelizards!"

ShinosBee

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:18 pm
Whatever was happening, it was clearly working. The information was flowing, and her cheer was almost infectious. He huffed a quiet chuff of a laugh at her blatant mirth—in some people that sort of blatant humor was chafing, but perhaps because of how genuine she was (and that he'd caused the laughter, willingly, not by making a fool of himself) it seemed...nice. "Well, you've either had a firm hand with him, or something's worked. He seems a charmer now. Not making a mess or screaming about being held. I hope he didn't steal anything problematic. Half-Mark hasn't been much of a scoundrel yet...he seems more inclined to turn up his nose at someone than go snooping. Thankfully. Rather a snob than a miscreant."

The firelizard had torn off a corner of one wedge of cheese with his claws, then sat back on his haunches to nibble daintily at it. It was a strange food, the little brown soon decided, though that didn't stop him from eating all he'd taken. Maybe not a favorite, but he was a firelizard. And a young one. A hungry one. A plate of slivered fish was next, and the brown notably picked up his pace as he neared it. The first strip was gone in a blink, and then a second...by the third, he'd begun to flare his wings, as if to hide the food from theft by anyone else...especially the other watchful brown, who had suddenly shifted from not really worth his notice, to a threat, and a rival.

"I certainly hope so!" Dolmar raised a brow, seeing the brown's sudden intensity. "Seems he's found something he likes at least. I can't say this mantling he's doing's terribly charming though. As if there wasn't an entire kitchen of food to have, and ample things here beside. What a little beast he's decided to be. You'll have to forgive me for any bragging I've done on his behalf, he's clearly still half wild." The complaint sounded almost amused, though, Dolmar's tone light, if slightly frustrated. The brown for his part, simply curved his neck about to peep impishly at his person. Didn't he understand? This was fish they were talking about! Seafood! Not some petty berry or crumb of bread!

Kyrieko

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:35 pm
”Well, he did snatch a few marks right from my Aunt’s hand once.” She managed to reign in her merry laughter to glance down at the brown lizard in question sitting in her lap. “Now that you mention it, Fravashi has never had any issues with being held. Quite the opposite, really. He always wanted to be held or sit on my shoulders.” She gave the lizard an affectionate pat. Fravashi just chirped up at her before snaking his head high enough to view the yummy choices on the table again. Oh, could he have the pie now, yes?

Noticing where her lizard was looking, Vash finally took the opportunity to cut into the pie. Not a large slice, but enough for Fravashi to have a corner and share with her. Both girl and lizard watched in amusement as the younger brown discovered the slivered fish plate. Fravashi snorted and let out the smallest of hisses back at Half-Mark before turning his attention on the pie. This was much better than the fish. Vash smiled, taking a taste of the pie with a sigh. It was just as delicious as it looked.

“I guess he has!” And she had to agree with Dolmar. The flashy show of “mine” was not very desirable behavior. “Don’t be too hard on him, though. He’s just discovered what he really likes. Fravashi tried to hoard whole pies at first.” She added with a look down at her firelizard. “Try taking some of the fish and making him walk over to you for it.” Vash suggested.

ShinosBee

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:48 pm
Half-Mark for his part seemed content just to gorge, and ignore the other brown now that he'd found himself a suitable treat. Who cared for pie when the sea held such delicious bounty? Of course, Dolmar was fairly swift to move the rest away, leaving the brown clinging to a filet and trying to nibble it away as quickly and tidily as he could. No need to overdo it...but he'd have to keep a firm eye out, as the brown seemed quite eager to get at more, his whirling eyes never leaving the platter. Dolmar just shook his head at Vash's note to go easy on him. Someone had to be firm...but his smile, still lingering, made it clear he wasn't truly upset.

He did manage an even larger, warmer smile at Vash's clear pleasure about the pie. "My brother loves those as well. He'd eat only pies if he was allowed, though perhaps the stomach ache after would discourage him further. If only siblings could be as easily trained as firelizards, hmm? Though I doubt they'd appreciate it."

He palmed some of the fish, covering the rest with a lid for the tray. It wouldn't keep the brown from his meal if he became determined, but hopefully it would be enough to make doing what his person wanted seem like an easier option. "A moment, then," He nodded to Vash as he stood, then moved down the bench a small ways. "...Half-Mark. Here." He called to the brown, pointing to the table in front of himself...and flashing just enough of the fish in his hand to make it clear that obedience would indeed be well rewarded. And, seeming eager not to disappoint, the brown was up and moving as soon as he'd finished what was in his claws. Delicately stepping around the other food dishes, he crooned as he neared his person. Fish? Now? Please??
Kyrieko

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces