Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands
[PRP] What Happens When Derpy and Doom Collides. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:28 pm
Yukio got the laughter that she was waiting for; the pair would have picked things up an entirely different way than her, so to see her looking quite so silly was certainly a source of amusement for them. However, as she set the trinkets down and began to get to work, both of them seemed to clap their paws in unison - well colour them impressed, she'd made little star crowns for them. Far be it for either of them to question her and her creativity in those moments... though they got the feeling that their mother might have had a thing or two to say about the smaller crown.

Ahaha, Hima certainly had Ram wrapped around her little toe whenever she wanted him to do something. Or at least she typically did provided it didn't jeopardise certain aspects of the pride.

However when Yukio gave them the honour of naming the pair of monarchs it became apparent that neither of them were quite as creative as the little lioness was. While her mind was an enchanted place with many stories, their's were generally a place of chaos and chatter. They could certainly be clever and creative, but this usually came in the form of problem solving and traps, rather than weaving the same tales that she could.

"How about..." Huo began slowly, squinting hard at the coconuts.

"Mr and Missus..." Shui continued along much the same vein as both of their minds worked as one. Yes, it really took both of them to come up with a name, and it was probably going to be one that the cub would groan at in disappointment.

...In fact it was a guarantee.

"Coconut!" they declared in unison, their tone merry and clearly very proud of themselves.

Pollack

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:27 pm

Yukio honestly hadn't thought about how demeaning and sexist that the Queen had gotten the smaller crown was. It was more of a aesthetic choice to be able to tell the coconuts apart than some sort of profound deeper meaning behind it.

Honestly if someone had pointed out that the Queen deserved the smaller crown...well not only would they find themselves getting a hard swipe on the nose by her but also the crowns suddenly switched to spite any naysayers!

Luckily the boys hadn't brought up her little accidental faux pas so no changes were necessary.

Her demeanour visablely perked up as she eagerly waited what names they choose for the new monarchs. There were so many possibilities to choose from! They could go with a pun, they could go with naming them after some important historical figure, or perhaps make some quirky and wacky name up entirely!

But no, they got their well deserved groan of disappointment at their unimaginative choice. "Mister and Missus Coconut...." Biting her lower lip she looked to the boys. Ohh they seemed so proud of their choice! She didn't want hurt her friend's feelings by telling them outright there choice of names sucked. Instead she choose to look at them in a much more optimistic point of view. "That's perfect! Short, practical, gets to the point. Suitable for a pair of royals. I...actually I rather like it! No, I love them!" That honestly wasn't a lie. The more she thought into the names to think of some good qualities in them the more they had grown on her. Standing up on her hind-legs she splayed out her arms. "Hear ye, hear ye! All shall know of the new King and Queen of the glorious Shell Kingdom: MISTER AND MISSUS COCONUT!"

Settling herself back down to all fours she beamed a smiled to the twins. "Now to bring them to their new home!" Grabbing onto the king's larger starfish crown she paused, thinking of where to put it that would keep it safe. With a sly grin she came over to the pair setting the crown on Huo's head for safe keeping. With a giggle she repeated the process with the other crown and Shui. Oh if she only knew how suited the starfish crowns were for the two ocean princes!

Once the crowns were in safe capable paws Yukio started to roll the first coconut back to the castle. Granted it was slow going, her petite stature made it even more difficult for her to be able to move the coconut at all. Still, her determination to get the sire back to his palace summoned up a hidden strength inside her to get the first monarch rolling.

The only problem with her lack of strength or weight was that once the coconut got going she didn't have the means to stop it either! Once she had made it over a small dune she lost control of the coconut. Despite her efforts to catch up and stop it in the end she only watch with horror as the King went rapidly tumbling down uncontrollably before it crashed into the newly rebuilt castle.

Tragedy had stuck the Shell Kingdom! Completely destroyed! No hope for survival with this turn of events. RIP once more the doomed little kingdom.

Yukio's reaction to horror and sorrow were completely genuine this time. She had fallen down to her rump, her front paws covering her muzzling. Tears whelped up in the back of her eyes as she looked back over her shoulder to the twins.

"I-I'm so sorry. I-" A little hiccup interrupted her apology. What caused such a upset with the cub wasn't so much matter of the ruined kingdom - it's downfall was inevitable- but she was terrified that her new found friends would be livid that her clumsy actions ruined their hard work. They were the only true friends her age she had here in the Bahari, and had already grown rather fond of them. She was heartbroken at the thought of their friendship being over so soon! "I di-didn't know...I didn't mean f-for that to happen!"

Epine de Rose

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:52 am
The cubs were content to be rocking the shell crowns as she set them upon their heads. A big deal wasn't even made of the fact that one was bigger than the other either, instead the merely thrust their chests out at the honour that had been bestowed upon them. They were now the proud protectors of the crown jewels; and it was just as well really given that Yukio was about to completely overwhelm the kingdom with yet another accident.

Suffice it to say, that this was why none of the cubs were in charge of anything; and they probably wouldn't be in charge for a very long time either.

The twins could do nothing more than watch as the coconut escaped from her paws and rolled towards the moat. It gave a skip, a bounce, and then finally ploughed in to the walls of the castle in a manner that would leave an invader impressed. All in all the effects were devastating as the sand tumbled down around everything they had built. Both cubs sat in silence for quite some time before they exchanged a look, both a touch quizzical at why Yukio was so upset.

"I guess Mr. Coconut prefers it that way," Shui offered merrily as he padded towards Yukio and plunked the crown between her ears before inspecting the damage.

Huo was quick to bound after him, kicking Missus Coconut along with him as he finally lobbed it onto the castle. What followed next was further destruction as Mrs. Coconut joined her husband in inspecting their new home. If it hadn't been a total demolition before, it was now.

"Mrs. Coconut agrees," Huo gave a not as he carefully set the crown back on Mrs. Coconut; she was the girl after all, and his mommy ruled the roost whenever it came to domestic affairs! It was only fitting that she make the calls, Mr. Coconut had already decided on the fact he wanted more of an open plan vibe for the castle, not it was up to his wife to determine how it'd be decorated.

"So in the words of the Bumani we're going for open plan," Shui gave a wiggle of his toes. "With just a hint of the supporting struts here so that it doesn't kill the heirs," he motioned extravagantly towards the still standing nursery.

"Absolutely," Huo agreed and gave a rub of his chin. "They even extended out the gardens passed the moat to give themselves more play space. Ten out of ten on the improvements!"

"For real," Shui grinned.

"Excellent remodelling if I dare say so myself!" Huo finished.

"Wooo, go team!" Shui added as he tossed his paws into the air. If there was one thing that could be guaranteed about the pair of little hooligans, they were all for a tiny bit of destruction.

Pollack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:11 am

Blinking Yukio gave one last sniffle as she wiped her eyes with the back of her paw. "Wait...you guys aren't mad that I wrecked the castle?" She was expecting them to lash out at her, call her an idiot and not want anything to do with her again. The dramatic reaction caused partly by her over-active imagination but also after previous experience; most of the time when she accidentally ruined someone's hard work anger and disgust was the typical reaction.

Not this...manic glee. Although it was a unexpected response it certainly was welcomed with open arms.

Smiling softly she adjusted the starfish crown on top of her head to steady it before getting up, heading over to join them at the wreckage site. "Well if Mrs. Coconut agrees who are we to argue? She is the queen after all. My daddy says that you gotta keep the wife happy for a happy life."

The more and more they explained how the disaster was actually an improvement to the piece the more she perked back up to her normal self. "Yesyes! Clearly they decided that they needed more of a open airy feel. The castle was just too stuffy!" She gestured with her paw to point out towards the sea. "And who could block this view with walls, come on! Mr. Coconut couldn't hold himself back from wanting to wake up and see that every morning."

"Agreed! Job well done, team!" Beaming a smile she clapped her paws together to commemorate this grand event. "OHOHOH! I almost forgot, I have something for you two!"

Yukio zipped herself over to the spot where she had left the three bracelets. Scooping them up with her mouth she came back over to the twins. "Okay so please just bare with me, I'm gonna need your paws. But it'll be worth it, I promise!" Without giving them a chance to protest Yukio lifted first Shui's paw, sliding his bracelet on, then moved on to Huo to repeat the process, finally she slipped on the slightly unfinished bracelet onto her leg.

Lifting her leg she showed the matching bracelets off to the boys. "They're friendship bracelets! Cause we're all totally best friends now! Even when I leave to go with my daddy now we can know we're still friends." Getting a nod in agreement she grinned, plopping back down onto her bum next to them. Now that they had their fun as a great team of remodelers and then as a high class demolition crew the trio could enjoy a moment of peace together.

Well, until they got hungry of course.

Epine de Rose
Annnnd fin.

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items