Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Guild: Akumu Academy

Back to Guilds

A dark Pokémon RP guild that is literate for the most part. 

Tags: Pokemon, Team Rocket, Dark pokemon guild, Roleplay 

Reply Sanctuary
Battle Room Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epic Irony

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:05 pm
"So, this is the test room, huh?" The voice came from a slight grin that rested on the face of a young boy, his eyes greedily devouring the sight of it all. "Huge dark room, void of life and light, totally empty... Can I live in here?" He wondered aloud. The spoken thought was followed by a chuckle as he took another step further into the abyss. Floating a short distance behind him was a thick ball of gaseous mischief, all eyes and teeth. The Gastly hovered close, and worriedly glanced about the room, hissing quietly to itself.

"Easy there, Mephisto. There's nothing in this room we can't handle. Just stay focused." The boy's voice took on a deeper tone, trying to relax the ghost Pokemon as they stepped even further in. The message stuck, assuaging the Gastly's fears, and something resembling the trademark smile began to show on its purple haze of a face. Mephisto hovered in the air beside his trainer as the boy looked around the dark, empty room. "Okay... Now what?"

Current Team
Mephisto
Gastly [M]
Lv 2
Nature: Timid
Stats:
HP:13/13/PP:19/ATK:6/DEF:6/SPD:9/SP-ATK:9/SP-DEF:7
MOVES:
- Astonish
- Haze
- Scary Face
-
EXP: 0/75

Kuro Ryuu Hime rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:34 pm
In the Garden of Monsters

Espurr [F]
Lv 2
Nature: Modest
Stats:
HP:3/15/PP:18/ATK:6/DEF:7/SPD:8/SP-ATK:8/SP-DEF:8
MOVES:
- Scratch
- Leer
- Assist
-

The little Espurr was sent flying backwards by the hit, and even bounced a few times along the ground. Her trainer gave a grimace at the state of things. "Hey, you alright...?"

Espurr responded by slowly pushing itself up to its feet, then turning around to give her trainer a wink and a smile.

The trainer smiled in return. Alright then! Use scratch and give it all you've got!"

The Espurr nodded and ran at the Elekid with sharp claws extending from her otherwise cute little paws.

(( yep, got it so far~! let's just hope I don't roll something awful this time too lol ))  

Kuro Ryuu Hime

Sexy Goat

22,500 Points
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
  • Building the Army 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
In the Garden of Monsters rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:04 pm
((8+5)-5)+(7-7) = 8 DMG! Sparkles is at 6 HP

The sound of applause rang out from the depths of the darkness. "There you go!" Daydream's tone was genuinely pleased as he watched the Espurr's claws rake across Sparkles. The Elekid, for his part, took the blow withan impressive amount of self-control. He barely cringed, and his bright smile stayed fixed in place.

"Seems like you're getting the hang of things, lilttle buddy!" Daydream giggled happily, but stopped cold as a thoguht occurred. "Of course, battling isn't all about attack moves... so let's see if you can resist a status move! Sparkles, use Confide! "

The Elekid nodded, balling one hand into a fist and smacking against his open palm. He would have much perfected a proper strike, but then, he did have to follow orders. /HEY!/ Sparkles called out to the Espurr. /Hey, let me tell you about the time.../ Without pause, the Elekid began to chatter about some of the battles he'd seen... Confide was an unusual move, and he was aiming to interrupt the Espurr's concentration!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Sparkles
Elekid [M]
Lv 2
Nature: Jolly
Stats:
HP:6/14/PP:17/ATK:8/DEF:7/SPD:7/SP-ATK:7/SP-DEF:9
MOVES:
- Quick Attack
- Meditate
- Confide
-

Kuro Ryuu Hime

((Not bad!

All right, as you may notice, the way I calculated your damage is different than how I calculated mine. This is due to something called an Aim Modifier. As a trainer, you endow all your Pokemon with an unusual focus, and grants them a bonus in accuracy when attacking. This focus, called the Aim Modifier or AM, is added to your dice roll. You AM currently is 5; eventually, you be able to increase it, but for now, just remember that 5 to add to your dice when you attack.

Let's talk about items for a minute! Bet you wish you had a Potion now, huh? Well, if you DID have a Potion, you would be able to use it next turn. Items can only be used on your attack turn, and they take up an action. Therefore, if you did have a Potion, you would not be able to attack AND use the item.))

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:12 pm

Espurr [F]
Lv 2
Stats:
HP:3/15/PP:18/ATK:6/DEF:7/SPD:8/SP-ATK:8/SP-DEF:8
MOVES:
- Scratch
- Leer
- Assist
-

The trainer grinned, happy that their Espurr managed to make a dent against the opponent.

As for the Espurr, she seemed confused and scared at the Elekid's approach. <"H-huh...??"> Once she realized how bad the stories were going to be, she clamped her ears down tighter and pressed her paws down on them to try to keep out Sparkles' words.

(( add 5, got it~ and amusingly, thanks to participating in the guild re-opening lotto, i did get two sitrus berries but idk if my trainer actually has them now or not. ))  

Kuro Ryuu Hime

Sexy Goat

22,500 Points
  • Building the Army 50
  • Alien Invasion 50

Ghost_Rios

Dangerous Husband

10,600 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:22 pm
Another trainer stepped into the room. She had one a green jacket and black combat pant with similar boots. She looked annoyed but smiled as her Shiny Litleo ran around her. "Ordo calm down. We'll have our turn like any other." Part of her was worried though, she didn't want her little buddy hurt.

Current Team

Litleo [M] -Shiny-
Ordo, Lv 2
Nature:
Brave
Stats:
HP:15/15/PP:18/ATK:7/DEF:7/SPD:7/SP-ATK:8/SP-DEF:7
MOVES:
- Tackle
- Leer
- Fire Spin
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:45 pm
Kuro Ryuu Hime

((Don't forget to roll!))  

Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

Kuro Ryuu Hime rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Kuro Ryuu Hime

Sexy Goat

22,500 Points
  • Building the Army 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:49 pm
Kuro Ryuu Hime

((Don't forget to roll!))

(( oh whoops lol i'm distracted tonight apparently, just pretend this was with my post ))  
In the Garden of Monsters rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:50 pm
"Howdy!" An almost irritatingly perky voice greeted the boy and his ghost. "If you're looking to sell something, this isn't the right... oh, you're a student? Hahaha, whoooopsie~" The voice burst into a fit of giggles, too amused by their own mistake. "Well, if you are a student... you're in the right place! Welcome to the Battle Room! My name is Dadyream, and I'll be testing you to see if you're good enough for our Academy, okay?"

Daydream paused for a moment, assessing the scene in the dark. "Ooo, I see you have a ghostie, so I can go all out, huh?"

Out of the shadows... danced , there was no other word for it... a Roselia. He spun, dipping his head as his twirled and twirled and twirled, possibly unaware that there even WAS a battle.

"So let's get down to brass tacks!" The ghostly voice was bloodthirsty despite the cheery attitude. "Use Dazzling Gleam, Tango!"

Ah, there was the battle start. The flower put his flowers together, and a burst of light exploded forth, aimed right at the Golett.

Tango
Roselia [M]
Lv 2
Nature: Careful
Stats:
HP:14/14/PP:17/ATK:8/DEF:7/SPD:8/SP-ATK:8/SP-DEF:8
MOVES:
- Dazzling Gleam
- Spikes
- Cotton Spore
-

Grey Moonfang IV

((I'm like eighty percent sure you don't need a tutorial.))  

Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

In the Garden of Monsters rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:03 pm
-1 to Espurr's Special Attack! Espurr's Special Attack is now 7!

"Aww... your kitty is really cute!" There might have been a battle raging on, but Daydream proved to be easily distracted by adorable things. "But cute's not the only thing that matters. Try again, little buddy!"

Sparkles smiled, flashing the Espurr a thumbs up. She'd cooperated really well in his attack! Of course, he might have been just trying to get a rise of out her... the Elekid did live for the fight. Still grinning, he darted back, trying to slink away into the shadows.

Sparkles
Elekid [M]
Lv 2
Stats:
MOVES:
- Quick Attack
- Meditate
- Confide
-

Kuro Ryuu Hime

((Let's talk about catching Pokemon! As cute as your little friend is, I doubt you'll want her as the only one on your team. Catching Pokemon is pretty straightforward; you need to get a Pokemon's health down, which lowers their capture rate. If you're curious as to the capture rate of you opposing Pokemon, make sure to ask your mod. And no, even if you had Pokeballs, you couldn't catch this little fella. Battle Room Pokemon are special.

As for your reward, you don't have them just yet! Don't worry, though; they'll show up shortly.))

Grey Moonfang IV rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:04 pm
Epic Irony

As if to respond to the boy's words a spotlight would flicker on from above, illuminating a pokeball shaped ring on the floor. Mist began to creep from the shadows as the air took on a sudden chill. "Oh ho ho~? Well don't you show promise! Such a wise choice in starter...but maybe I'm a little biased" Someone said from the shadows, their voice a sinister purr. "So you fancy yourself a trainer? Think you're ready to serve the organization? Well then you better forget all that bologna about love and friendship!" The voice barked as it began to cackle "Time to see what you've got Trainer. I'm sure your blood will leave a lovely stain on the floor! GWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!" The cackle was deep and malicious. Whatever this voice was, it wasn't exactly on the kid's side.

Following the laughter a shape would appear in the shadows near the edge of the arena.Wobbling and stumbling about in an almost hypnotic fashion, it was hard not to recognize the sight of a Bellsprout as it wobbled into view. It would seem this was to be his opponent. Strangely the Pokemon would merely stand there, continuing to wobble in a haphazard fashion....was....was this supposed to be it's way of defending?

[So time to explain a thing or two about battling. I'll be doing this step by step as the battle proceeds.]

[Now as you have likely already see at the beginning of the battle, both participants will post the stats for their Pokemon. Akumu Academy uses a Turn Based combat system. This means that we each take turns Attacking and Defending just to be clear. So when I attack, you defend. When you attack, I defend.]

[Turn order is decided by the SPD stat. Whichever Pokemon has more SPD will take the first Attack Turn. Thusly the Pokemon with the lower SPD will take the first Defense Turn. In the event both Pokemon have the same SPD, they will BOTH Attack at the same time. This is for the First Turn only. Whichever Pokemon HITS will take their Defense Turn after and whichever Pokemon Missed will try to Attack again.]

[Now my SPD is 7 while yours is 9,this means you will Attack first and I will Defend.]

[Aim is decided by the roll of 1D20 using the "Post Action" function. Its fairly straight forward. If you roll higher than me your Attack will hit. If you roll lower your Attack will miss.]

[Additionally please note that "Defending" refers to blocking, dodging, or otherwise attempting to make the opponent "miss". It does not involve using any of your Moves.]

[Now recently we added an additional mechanic called the "Aim Modifier". This is a static number which we will add to your Accuracy Roll when attacking. You begin with an A.M of 5. This means for example if you roll a 10 it will become 10+5 and will be a 15 during damage calculation. I'll explain Damage calculation in my next post.]

Bellsprout [M]
Lv 2
Nature:
Hardy
Stats:
HP:14/14/PP:18/ATK:8/DEF:7/SPD:7/SP-ATK:8/SP-DEF:6
MOVES:
- Vinewhip
- Tickle
-
-

Grey Moonfang IV
Vice Captain

Witty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Kuro Ryuu Hime rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Kuro Ryuu Hime

Sexy Goat

22,500 Points
  • Building the Army 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:12 pm

Espurr [F]
Lv 2
Stats:
HP:3/15/PP:18/ATK:6/DEF:7/SPD:8/SP-ATK:7/8/SP-DEF:8
MOVES:
- Scratch
- Leer
- Assist
-

Espurr tried to give a weak thumbs up back to Sparkles, but given she didn't really have thumbs... She decided to give a small skyward fistbump type deal.

As for the trainer, they sighed in relief. Espurr didn't seem too put off by the attack, and she didn't have any Special moves anyway. They thought about what attack to use next... Assist wasn't useful until they had another Pokemon. Leer would be nice, but Elekid's first attack had weakened Espurr to the point that status moves were just too risky -- too likely to give Sparkles a chance to get a basically free shot. So that left one option...

"Espurr, use Scratch again!"

Espurr nodded, then once more dashed at Sparkles with claws out and ready to rip into him.

(( makes sense, on all accounts~ and darn, what i wouldn't give for those sitrus berries right now, hahaha ))  
Grey Moonfang IV rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:16 pm
Ghost_Rios

From darkness would come light, a lamp flickering to life somewhere on the ceiling and revealing a small PokeBall shaped battlefield. It would seem this is where the trainer and their Pokemon would be fighting! "Oh ho ho~? Something sparkly doth enter our midst....TOO BAD FOR YOU THIS IS NO DAYDREAM, BUT A NIGHTMARE! GWAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" A voice would cackle from the darkness; was it getting colder in here?

"Oh I do hope you'll put up a descent fight....or not! A corpse is a corpse!GWAHAHAHAHAAHA!" The voice cackled further. Seemed he found himself rather amusing! "Ah but I suppose I'm not allowed to smear you against the walls toooo badly....we do need some cannon fodder out there!" In response to these words, quicker than the eye could register, a dart would shoot out from the darkness and embed itself into the Litleo's side. "A little present to keep you in the land of the living....for nooooow..."

A moment later a dark twinkle would come from the sidelines, a pokemon shambling into the arena. Normally seen as cuddly, the Pokemon in question looked quite the fright! Fur sticking out at odd angles, it's limbs showing signs of stitches, it was a Teddiursa that seemed more suited to a morgue than the battlefield.

Without warning shadows would swell around the Pokemon's left paw, it's shambling steps abruptly becoming firm as it vaulted forward. If Ordo and it's trainer didn't move quickly, the Litleo was going to get a face full of NIGHTSLASH!

[So time to explain a thing or two about battling. I'll be doing this step by step as the battle proceeds.]

[Now as you have likely already see at the beginning of the battle, both participants will post the stats for their Pokemon. Akumu Academy uses a Turn Based combat system. This means that we each take turns Attacking and Defending just to be clear. So when I attack, you defend. When you attack, I defend.]

[Turn order is decided by the SPD stat. Whichever Pokemon has more SPD will take the first Attack Turn. Thusly the Pokemon with the lower SPD will take the first Defense Turn. In the event both Pokemon have the same SPD, they will BOTH Attack at the same time. This is for the First Turn only. Whichever Pokemon HITS will take their Defense Turn after and whichever Pokemon Missed will try to Attack again.]

[Now my SPD is 7 while yours is 9,this means you will Attack first and I will Defend.]

[Aim is decided by the roll of 1D20 using the "Post Action" function. Its fairly straight forward. If you roll higher than me your Attack will hit. If you roll lower your Attack will miss.]

[Additionally please note that "Defending" refers to blocking, dodging, or otherwise attempting to make the opponent "miss". It does not involve using any of your Moves.]

[Now recently we added an additional mechanic called the "Aim Modifier". This is a static number which we will add to your Accuracy Roll when attacking. You begin with an A.M of 5. This means for example if you roll a 10 it will become 10+5 and will be a 15 during damage calculation. I'll explain Damage calculation in my next post.]

Teddiursa [F]
Buttons, Lv 2
Nature: Naughty
Stats:
HP:15/15/PP:18/ATK:8/DEF:7/SPD:7/SP-ATK:7/SP-DEF:6
MOVES:
- Nightslash
- Babydoll-eyes
- Fake-Tears
-

Grey Moonfang IV
Vice Captain

Witty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Ghost_Rios rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Ghost_Rios

Dangerous Husband

10,600 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:30 pm
The trainer looked around as she heard a voice. She looked and looked but when she saw the Pokémon she grinned. "Alright Ordo.... use Tackle!" She pointed out, determination in her eyes. She watched as her little charged off.

Ordo got into attack position as the voice came. He didn't recognize such a voice and so he growled. /It's on!/ As soon as the command came he charged at full speed. /YOU ARE GOING DOWN!/

Current Team:

User Image
Litleo [M] -Shiny-
Ordo, Lv 2
Nature:
Brave
Stats:
HP:15/15/PP:18/ATK:7/DEF:7/SPD:7/SP-ATK:8/SP-DEF:7
MOVES:
- Tackle
- Leer
- Fire Spin
-

Grey Moonfang IV

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:41 pm
((14+5)-6)+(7-7) = 13 DMG! Sparkles is at -7 HP!

Espurr gains 64 EXP! EXP is now 64/75!

"... well then!" Daydream seemed only a bit surprised as the Espurr slashed the Elekid properly. Sparkles crumpled to the floor, face a bloody mess. From the trainer's position, they would be able to see the creature's chest moving up and down, confirming that Sparkles would live on... or would it? Curiously, the Elekid faded from sight, melting into the shadows as mysteriously as he had appeared.

Daydream took no notice of the strange phenomenon. "... Good job, little buddy! I knew you could pull it off! Now you're an official member of Akumu Academy... hmm, but where to..." He trailed off, thinking. "Ah yes! Why not go check out the Auditorium? You'll find some instructions there!" The disembodied voice chuckled, no unkindly. "And good luck! You will need it."

Sparkles
Elekid [M]
Lv 2
Stats:
MOVES:
- Quick Attack
- Meditate
- Confide
-

Kuro Ryuu Hime

((Well done! Since this'll be my last post before sending you off on your way, let me cover a few things we didn't get to in the actual battle!

As you can see, you almost killed the Elekid... congrats! Take note that Ghost-type Pokemon, being ghosts, will not die if their HP reaches below -7.

Thank you for quoting your post instead of deleting it when you realized you hadn't rolled; that was exactly the correct protocol. Please do not delete your posts; given the nature of this guild, it can be construed as cheating.

There is action one can take during battle known as a counter attack. Essentially, it's when you attack during your defense turn. In some ways, it can be a very useful thing, and can turn the entire battle around... however, it comes with some stipulations. Using counter attacks consecutively will result in Fatigue Damage. Fatigue Damage is -2HP for each consecutive counter attack. Even worse, if you fail a counter attack, you take twice the damage that you normally would... we have had people kill their starters by counter attacking carelessly, so make sure you think carefully when you do so.

Just two last things-- thank you for your patience with my slow posting; first time I've done a tutorial in a while, and I lost my old script. And whenever you're ready to leave a thread for another one, make sure to put something like -Exiting to Auditorium- , just to denote you've left.

And that's it! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask the mods!))

Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

Kuro Ryuu Hime

Sexy Goat

22,500 Points
  • Building the Army 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:51 pm

Espurr [F]
Lv 2
Stats:
HP:3/15/PP:18/ATK:6/DEF:7/SPD:8/SP-ATK:7/8/SP-DEF:8
MOVES:
- Scratch
- Leer
- Assist
-
EXP: 64/75

Espurr's eyes shone when she realized she'd won. She excitedly ran back to her trainer and hugged their leg, and in turn got a soft head scratch in reward before being sent back to her Pokeball.

As for the trainer, they looked...wherever they thought Daydream was and gave a sincere smile. "Thank you, Mr. Daydream. I will be off then," they said politely before leaving the room.

*Leaves for the auditorium*

(( thanks for rp-ing and explaining things to me! no worries about being slow, i can be that way at times. and i think i've got everything, but i'll happily ask for help if necessary~! ))  
Sanctuary

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff