iPretend

Sparkly Snack

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:51 am
CAPTAIN TRY-OUTS
Name & Meaning: Kiri, fog
Personality: Kiri is a steadfast and strong male who takes his role within the herd seriously. He had known since he was young that he wanted to protect those that lived within the herd and would often challenge other young males to games and tests of strength and wit to better himself as well as those around him. He grew into a serious adult that rarely smiles or laughs, but even though he is stoic he has an incredibly large and warm heart. He would put down his life to protect anyone within the herd and his loyalty knows no bounds. Proud of his heritage and family, Kiri will stand tall to defend the Ihlathi until his dying breath.

Prompt #: 1
Prompt Response: It was rare that Kiri let any sort of emotion show through his calm, cool exterior. He had been named for his pelt color, grey and foggy like the morning after an intense storm, but his feelings generally ran as murky and grey as his appearance. Today, though, fire burned in his belly and he walked with the weight of an entire herd on his shoulders.

Their queen - his mother - had died. A lion should have never gotten close enough to her to even catch her scent, and yet she was gone. The circle of life demanded that everyone die at some point and Kiri knew that sooner or later they would all be a feast for the predators that roamed the land, but the queen wasn't supposed to fall at such a young age. Now his dear sister had to assume the title and responsibility of leading the herd and while he was confident she would rise to the challenge, he knew that it wasn't a title nor position she relished. Kihu was a gentle, kind soul who saw herself as one of a million rather than one in a million. She would lead with all the grace and wisdom that she could muster, but at such a young age and with hardly any training he worried for her.

An angry snort left his muzzle as he paused to paw at the dirt, tossing his head in frustration. He, as an Officer, had no place in telling the Captain how to do his job, and yet everyone knew that the current bull wasn't suited for the title. He was a loyal and dedicated member of the herd, surely, but he was not suitable to protect it. Kiri had seen the male on more than one occasion balk at the sight of a group of lionesses that were simply passing through!

"Seasons and Herds damn him," he muttered under his breath as he continued on his way. There was nothing he could do now but move forward. His mother was gone, his sister was queen, and he was going to make things right somehow. He would continue to work hard, to rise through the ranks, protect his family and his herd as best that he could, and perhaps some day he could wrench that title from the fool of a gazelle that thought he could wear it with honor and pride. Kiri would make sure that if he ever gained the title of Captain, he would be the first to fall to the jaws of a hungry lion and that his sister and the royal line would not be cut short.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:19 am
ENTER ME IN THE RAFFLE PLZ
Preference: Riverbed, Dusted, Okapi, Toasted, Murky

nessiaing

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:55 am
Preference: Dusted, Okapi, riverbed, toasted, murky

CAPTAIN TRY-OUTS
Name & Meaning: Lárus (Icelandic) – from Latin ‘Laurentum’ From the place of the laurel leaves. Also from the Irish name Lorcan meaning Fierce.
Personality: Loyal, honourable and incredibly restrained, he takes his responsibilities very seriously. Personal honour is deeply important to him –in that he strives to always do the right thing for the right reasons- but he will set his own prosperity and reputation aside in order to protect his herd and his Queen. He will sacrifice himself for the good of the herd to such an extent that many of his friends often try to steer him away from any situation which may call upon his honour and demand he endanger himself.

Prompt #: 1
Prompt Response:
Lárus stepped out of the clearing where his sister was resting He had been visiting her in the wake of their mother’s death, supporting and aiding her as best he could as she prepared to take on the mantle of Queen. He had complete faith in her, she would do what was right by the herd, of that he had no doubt. As he moved through the brush he caught sight of the old Captain walking the other way, no doubt to go talk to the new Queen-to-be. Lárus found himself scowling at the stag’s retreating rump and forced himself to school his expression into something less obvious. He knew the situation behind the older male’s current position and disliked the situation deeply. The Captain did as little as possible while still keeping his title and his layabout habit rankled Lárus. Yet he reminded himself that the stag was the Captain, and Lárus owed the male the respect and difference that was his due, no matter Lárus’ own personal feelings.

Shaking his head he continued on, until a younger stag came racing past, nearly bowling Lárus over. Drawing himself up short he frowned at the youngster. “Careful, you are going to hurt yourself, and others.” He admonished diligently, choosing to ignore the face the young male pulled.

“Was that the Captain?” The youngster commented as he looked back the way Lárus had come, ears pressing back in a look of devious distaste. “The old fart gone off to schmooze your sister yeah? Must be scared he’s gonna loose his job!” The young one crowed, far too loudly for Lárus’ peace of mind. Stamping a hoof hard[ he sent the boy a sharp look. “Mind your tongue. He is your elder, and the Captain beside. You will not be disrespectful.” The youngster looked startled but backed up a step, not that it made Lárus feel any better. He secretly agreed with the boy and dearly wished to turn back around and go make sure his sister wasn’t being harassed by the elder stag, but he resisted the impulse. It would do neither of them any good. He would be seen as sticking his nose where it didn’t belong, but more importantly, his sister was Queen now. If she desired his council she would call on him. In the mean time he had to trust that she was well aware of the Captain’s devious ways. Lárus respected and loved his sister and he trusted her to know what to do. He himself was just glad it wasn’t him in charge.

After sending the youngster off with another warning look he resumed his slow walk, mind lingering behind him and wondering what the old coot was telling their new Queen.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:51 am
Preference: Okapi, Dusty, Riverbed, Toasted, Murky

Kieko

Sparkly Shapeshifter

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:41 pm
Preference: Dusty, Toasted, Murky, Riverbed, Okapi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:39 pm
Preference: Okapi, Dusted, Riverbed, Murky, Toasted

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

The Mighty Kasomawia

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:20 pm
Preference:Okapi, Riverbed, Dusted, Toasted, Murky

~I'm sorry, is the contest still open?~  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:14 am
Preference: Okapi, Dusted, Toasted, Murky, Riverbed

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:15 am
^ ^' This ended several days ago. I haven't been around, so I forgot to close it.  
[OOC] Player-run Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff