Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Schnee la Neige'milima Lands
[ORP] First Snow Festivities (Open until Dec.15th) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:29 am
User Image
User ImageUser Image

It was too cold.
It was too hot.
Then their feet hurt.
Then they were bored.
Then they were hungry.
They couldn't feel their noses...
Then it smelled funny...

The list was endless and at this point in his journey, which was supposed to have been a respite, he was absolutely ready to turn this lion-car around. He wasn't quite sure what had possessed him to even agree to take the mewling cubs along in the first place. Perhaps it was a noble and valiant attempt to show Hima that he loved her and that, yes, he could look after at least two of the hellions on his own and the nannies could look after the others among themselves.

Yes darling, absolutely, go and get your nails done.

He absolutely, positively, categorically, regretted this decision. He was never doing it again - ever. Hell, he was getting too old for this, he was going to throw out that excuse next time.

Nevertheless, it had been years since he had seen the mountains and the snow, and while these weren't his old range, he had seen it in the distance on one of his more diplomatic jaunts. He hadn't been close enough to realise that it was inhabited at the time, and had he known he certainly wouldn't have barged in on the proceedings... but before he had even had the opportunity to have this dawn on him he had the inquisitive coos that he had learned to dread.

"Oooooh, what's that over there!" Huo chimed, his firey eyes widening and ears perking up in excitement.

"What's what?" Shui demanded, shoving his nose up through his father's pelt-cloak to inspect what lay ahead.

Oh no... Ram's inner dialogue began.

"LET'S GO FIND OUT!"

There it was, there was the howl that he dreaded, and no sooner had he opened his mouth to demand the pair of children stay put, than both had bounded off at light speed towards those who seemed to be gathered in the distance.

"Huo, Shui!" He yelled. "Oh for gods sake..." he grunted and stomped after them, leaving rather deep paw prints in the snow.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:37 am
User Image Lawine shook his head to dislodge some of the snow that remained in his mane after walking under a low-hanging branch. He was glad the winter was upon them once more even though it would bring dangers with it. His thick, fluffy coat didn't handle the heat that well and during the warmer months he liked to remain in the mountains. Now, though, he would be able to roam once again.

He spotted his mate off by herself - as usual, he thought with a little shake of his head - and he moved to stand beside her. Giving Furiza's shoulder a little nudge with his nose, the Ice Prince smiled down at the blue female.

"After all this time you are still wary of having fun, my dear?" he asked.

Cajanic

User ImageByge was hot on his father's heels, following in his footprints. This was the first snow of his life and was he excited! The young male had started to grow his mane at last, his thick coat coming in just in time for the first cold spell. Once he saw his parents speaking he took a different path, eager to show off his new sprouting tufts to the pride.

He caught sight of a few familiar faces - aunts, grandparents - but kept to himself. He wanted to meet one of the rogues that might join the party! New lions were always so interesting to him.

[OOC: Please keep me out of the raffle!]  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:35 am
User ImageIt was the snow that attracted the golden male. Well, mostly - the mountains had played no small part. Berihun was standing right in front of them, and even now, he had trouble believing their sheer size. The towering peaks were more than a little intimidating, but he couldn't look away from them. The difficulty he had wrapping his brain around them was strangely...comforting? As if, in spite of the flat sands he'd grown up in, it did his heart good to set paw somewhere so wildly different.

For the most part, though, he'd wanted to see the snow. He kicked it up between steps, watching white flurry away from him and thoroughly enjoying the muffled crunch underpaw. He thought he was a pale lion, but he felt downright dingy here. His pelt was nothing in comparison to the snow stretching around him in all directions! It wasn't terribly thick yet - Beri could still feel grass and hard ground beneath the drifts - but given the rest of the area, it looked like there would be plenty of time for that yet.

Beri looked again, squinting amber eyes against the glare. The area also looked populated, which he hadn't expected. Complete with a very impressive pair at the center of the sizable gathering. There were even cubs running around, and his brows lifted in surprise. A pride, all the way out here? Here's hoping he wasn't walking into anything that would get him in trouble.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:48 am
User Image
Arwen, white as the snow, on most of her rather plain pelt could blend in nearly as easily as most and yet could stand out just as much. She'd joined the ranks, recently, as a Nanny - something she knew she'd find pure joy in. The realization came after her own litter has grown far to quickly right before her eyes, it was incredible. Her duties hadn't begun yet, but would soon and so she wanted to make a good attempt at getting out and meeting folks as best she could.

Not long after she'd joined the crowd, at it's edge, had she heard the screams that would be easily recognizable as parents trying to control curious cubs. She'd made the same shouts on previous occasions to Sauti and her siblings - oh what fun... she thought in a sarcastic but amused fashion. Without hesitation she left the group to find the source and it wasn't long before she spotted what she was sure to be the cause. Twins? Though she couldn't be sure with them bobbing and weaving the way they were. Not far behind she spied whom she could only imagine to be their Father.

"Hello!" She beckoned to Fatherly looking figure, eyes not really leaving the cubs, perhaps of second nature.

Epine de Rose

User Image

The pink lioness had followed her Mother to these colder climates, and for what? Sauti wasn't entirely sure yet, prior to the snows she was convinced that she shouldn't let her Mother go off alone, but now that her paws couldn't get warm if she tried her thoughts of supporting were mildly shaken.

With all that in mind it'd be no surprise that she'd made the choice to leave a little later in hopes that the sun would surely help to warm things up, but it seemed that just wouldn't be and having chosen the role of Hunter she'd have to get used to the climate eventually should she want to fulfill her duties to the pride.

Making her way to the gathering she spied a lion, one on the outskirts of the gathering who appeared almost out of place - not that she knew all of the members yet, but what were the chances that she'd not recognize even a pelt was bizarre especially when it looked the way his did. It'd be like someone within the pride forgetting what her's looked like. "Hello there?" She approached with a small amount of caution - knowing there were Ice Guards amidst the gathering gave her a bit of a back bone, at least enough to approach a stranger.

Anderleit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:53 am
Beri relaxed a little as one of the lions gathered there called out to him; a pretty one, at that. He had seen quite a few red pelts in his time, but never one of such a definitive pink. "Hello yourself." He smiled, trying to make the rejoinder friendly. The smile was closed-mouth though: all the better to downplay the tips of white canines just visible below his upper lip. Sometimes those fangs could be a little shocking, he found.

His approach would try for a similar kind of nonthreatening, staying at the same easy pace until he reached her. "I came for the snowfall, but I didn't expect to find so many doing the same. Is this your pride?" She certainly stuck out a bit amidst peers of white, pales, drabs and blues - not that he was one to talk. It could also be that she was a visitor like himself. Though if that was the case, this pride was much friendlier to outsiders than he'd ever expected one to be.

Mysses Greenie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:16 am
Finally there was some action! Byge caught sight of two little cubs barreling towards the area where most of the lions were gathered, although they looked little strange. Their fur was curled at the tips but it wasn't very thick, as was the trademark of lions born here. Ears perking up a bit, he wondered if they were lost. That wouldn't be good!

"Hey!" he called out, bounding over to the two. Even though he had started growing his mane he still had quite a bit of that cub energy and enthusiasm. Pouncing the last few steps, he came to a stop right in front of the two cubs, red eyes wide as he looked between them.

"Whoa! You're twins!" he exclaimed. "I'm a twin, too! But I don't think I've ever seen you before. Are you lost? It gets pretty cold here and you need a nice thick coat to stay warm!"

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:24 am
"Oh my god he's so fat," Shui gasped as he gazed at Byge, taking in the rather fluffy adolescent before him. He had understandably come to a dramatic halt as Byge had bounded into their line of sight... Unsurprisingly, Huo had soon smacked right into the back of his brother. Neither was terribly accustomed to the consistency of the snow.

"You can't say that, that's rude!" Huo chastised, his eyes widening as if his brother had committed a cardinal sin. If there father heard them, they'd both get a clip up the ear and a thorough talking to. Nevertheless, their father hadn't quite caught up with them yet so they had that advantage at least.

Byge's observation in regards to their fur coats did cause both of them to peer at themselves, then at each other thoughtfully. Was he saying they weren't fat enough, did they have to be fat to live up here?

...There father wasn't very fat, but he used to live up these kinda hills.

"We're not lost we came with our daddy," Shui, the blue swirled cub, declared.

"And we aren't cold either!" Huo added stubbornly, although that may have simply been because the adrenaline was still pumping through both of them.

SilverLutz

He could see them both, the swirls and brightly coloured fur were enough to give him keep sight of them. Nevertheless, he was largely unimpressed that they had decided to barrel off without permission. If this had been a hostile pride then things would have been rather unpleasant... fortunately, it appeared that they were not.

Food for thought though, the kids were going to get clipped around their ears after this.

"Good afternoon," Despite his exasperation at his own offspring, the lion still maintained his composure and always remembered his manners. Arwen would find herself greeted with warmth, even if he was quietly plotting the demise of his own offspring. A half smile appeared on his lips and he came to a halt now that it seemed the path of his ridiculous children had been blocked by a very brave adolescent male.

...God speed, Byge, he was going to need it.

"You will have to excuse them, this is the first time they've seen snow." He paused. "And strangers," he added as an after thought as he caught the tail end of the 'fat' comment.

Yep, those were just some of his kids.

Mysses Greenie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:47 pm
Teal eyes gathered up the male she approached and she was pleased, that pleasure showed by a smile that grew on her own maw to match his. "Ah, yes." Sauti replied as they finally reached each other and her gaze lifted from him to look about at the large snowflakes falling, following them to the ground where there was already heaps of the fluffy white stuff.

"This is my home, along with the rest of the pride members. I'm sure you can tell whom our leaders are." A tone of amusement matched a small giggle. "Though I'm new around here I've been impressed upon that this is the first gathering in quite a long time. Are you from around here?"

Immediately as the question passed her lips she realized it was a silly one. "Sorry. I mean, did you travel far?" Her ears went back a touch and in her silliness she dropped her rump a puff of snow rose behind her - not entirely what she had expected to happen, but she rode the rest of it out in an embarrassed silence.

Anderleit
Super new character to me, so I'm just trying to find her personality lol xD;

Arwen seemed to have been beat by an adolescent that had gathered the attentions of the cubs and it was quite the amusing display as she caught the words 'fat' somewhere amidst their excitement.

"Ah, that would explain it." Being a Mother herself she couldn't help, but laugh at the clear dismay as the cubs spoke their youthful minds. "How were you travels, where do you hail from?" Her inquiries were of genuine interest, though the cubs had a cubs demeanor as was expected their Father was much more distinguished. The usual temper that followed that of the cubs dismissal of his instructions was instead followed with proper etiquette.

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:32 pm
He chuckled. "If you're wanting to learn to hunt, I could show you a thing or two!" Azuka wasn't the best, but he liked to think he could teach anyone who wanted to learn. After all, it wasn't THAT Hard. Then again, snow was a little more tricky than say grass. He nodded, and lead her not far from where they where. Lions and hares were about enjoying themselves.

"here we are!" He said with a smile. "I will have to show you around more, it seems" He decided. If she hadn't known where things are yet, that was something he'd have to fix. Then again, he had taken his own tour himself not too long ago. He liked to figure out every inch of the place he lived. Even if he couldn't always get to some parts as easily as he wanted. He'd probably avoid showing her those.

SSBrosB

Perhaps Aeeninwen Taldel will have to show this lion how it was done. She felt a little better that she wasn't the only one in training. Though she was sure that wouldn't take too long to put behind her. All she needed was a hare and she'd be set. She wanted to learn everything she could before completing her training, however. Perhaps that was why she hadn't found a friend yet.

"Maybe we can train together sometime"

Mysses Greenie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:27 pm
The first comment to leave the blue cub made Byge's eyes widen in surprise. Fat? Him? Really? He glanced back at himself in case he had missed it, but to him he was finally getting up to the size of the other members of the pride. As a cub he had looked quite like these two, just a bit scruffier.

"It's fur," he insisted, looking at the cubs once more as the fiery one piped up. "Yeah, that's rude!" Good, at least one of them was on his side.

As the twins continued to speak, Byge looked around to see if he could spot a lion anywhere nearby. There were a few he didn't recognize and while none of them really looked like they were the father of these cubs, he doubted the male could be far. It wasn't until a voice carried over the fresh snow addressing him that he figured out which one was the 'lucky' dad.

"It's my first time too! Well. New snow anyway," he said, pawing at the stuff on the ground. There had been old, icy stuff up higher in the mountains that could be seen from his den, but this was the first official storm of the season. Rounding back on the cubs, he lowered his head and wagged his bum back and forth in the air.

"You wanna play tag then?"

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:36 pm
"It'd be a pleasure to train with you, Aeeninwen." The lion was truly pleased with such a request, surely there would be no harm in spending more time with her - especially since they would both need to train regardless.

Burgundy eyes, which had to blink away a snowflake or two, were back on the pale blue lioness before him. "I hope you look forward to a challenge." He smiled, teasing Aeeninwen with light humor.

Being the big teddy bear he was trying to look tough wasn't his forte.

I Lady Kiya I

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:23 am
It was clear that from the lion's expression, he truly had real way of replying to her without lying. How had his travels been? Woeful, he wanted to cry in despair on occasions because they just never stopped talking. It was with some measure of self control that he did put a more reserved expression on his features, not before his more controversial expression might have been seen, but the one he preferred to display in public.

Brave face and all that.

"Uneventful," he replied at last. It wasn't a lie, despite his offspring's determination to complain at everything and to ask questions about anything, they hadn't encountered any issues while travelling. All things considered, it was an absolute miracle given their penchant for blurting out the most inappropriate things.

"We come from the east, near the coast," he continued and offered a wry smile. "Or at least they do, I was once from colder climates, my circumstances changed over the course of a number of years. Now I live by the shore," he paused.

"I had a craving for colder climes, it's been a while."

Mysses Greenie

"It's fur," Shui repeated and wrinkled his nose. "That's what they all say," he pointed out as though he had overheard more than his fair share of despairing adults. They weren't chubby, they were just fluffy, in the mind of a child they were just fat and he couldn't understand why they were lying. In the future, he might eventually learn to be more subtle...

"How is it supposed to be your first time?" Huo demanded as he examined the larger cub. Their father had told them many things and one of those was that these places got snow frequently. "These places are supposed to snow all the time," he continued with much the same dramatic flare as his brother had been indignant.

...They certainly didn't want for personality.

"You won't win you know," Shui puffed up and gazed at Byge rather suddenly. "We will, we're the best at the hunt, we know because the Nannies told us!"

"YEP!" Huo chimed in.

SilverLutz

Epine de Rose

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:52 am
The male let his eyes drift back to the impressive pair in the midst of the pride. His shaggy head tilted, the look in his eyes inscrutable for a moment. "Yes... They do cut a fine figure." He could admit that much at least, before letting his attention be similarly captured by the whirling snow.

It was certainly pretty. But Beri just couldn't wrap his head around what it was that might drive a pair to settle out here. Was it fear, perhaps? Or a strange kind of strategy in isolation: a pride surrounded with snow, that they might weaken their foes before ever coming into danger?

The light sound of her laughter pulled the lion out of thoughts. His smile widened, amused at her momentary floundering. "I think I get your meaning," he chuckled, sitting down across from her. This whole thing was about snow, after all. They could ride out any embarrassment together. "I came from an arid place much further inland. Practically the opposite of all this - very hot, very dry. That's what made me come here. I heard some old vulture talking about the cold, but I didn't believe him."

Berihun looked up again, just in time for an errant snowflake to land just so on his nose. He sneezed instantly. The pawing at his muzzle afterward was just out of reflex, but it made him look no better than an oversized cub.

He believed the old coot now, that was for sure.

Mysses Greenie
No problem! Lol, happy to help? x3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:31 pm
"I'm not old or anything," Byge said, scoffing softly even as he lifted his head bit, glad the cubs mistook him for being old enough to have been around for the previous winter. "It doesn't snow all the time here, just in the cold months. Unless you go higher up," he added, glancing up to the taller mountains not far from where they were. There was always snow up there thanks to the high peaks.

"I was born in the warm months, so this is my first time," he insisted, reaching up to swat some snow around in front of him. It was fun to play in and he was glad his fuzzy feet kept it from getting between his toes. As the twins agreed to playing, even with their warning, the larger male grinned and reached out to lightly - well, he attempted lightly, at least - swat Huo on the shoulder.

"You're it then!" he said, bounding away quickly through the snow. He didn't care much for boasting, but if the little cubs could keep up with him he'd give them credit where it was due.

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:32 pm
(( I'll be wrapping this up tomorrow evening! Giving you all until then to wrap up your posts, because reasons. xP ))  
[IC] Schnee la Neige'milima Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff