Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:26 am
User Image

Agni-pariksha arrived at the Outpost ahead of the crowd and by the time things kicked off she was looking smug and enthusiastic. She was the highest ranking official planning to be in attendance but there was no way she would miss seeing this. There were plenty of guards and medics around to keep an eye on things, of course, but she wasn't worried about trouble. She was worried about the fun. So far, the sparring ground had been the most exciting spot to be-- as she expected. Unfortunately, not everybody was having good luck proving themselves. She was watching one lion in particular, shaking her head.

User Image

Hiba had made a tough decision about himself and his life and that had led him right here. He wanted to be better and the Firekin was familiar but still well outside of his comfort zone. His timing had been amazing. Not only were the rules about color only recently changed but there was a push for recruitment. He had been around shortly before this day but so far had not been successful at winning his place in the pride. He was more than adequate as a hunter but prey didn't fight back, not this way. And the Firekin were more than a little intimidating, so big and surly, covered in scars.. most of them burning red or dark black. He was losing heart and he wasn't sure he was stubborn enough to keep trying.

It would have been so much easier to just give up and find something else.

As if reading his mind, Agni-pariksha made a face and shouted at him from the sidelines.

"Hiba! Straighten up, stop sulking!" she called, sounding more encouraging than aggressive, "You can't get better if you don't keep trying."

Hiba was a mess, and a rogue unlike any she would normally expect to see showing up on the borders asking to join the Firekin. He would have stood out in the crowd today whether or not he showed up five minutes or five years ago. It made it all the more annoying knowing he wasn't someone who showed up as recently as some of the crowd. He didn't act like a Firekin, and he didn't look like a traditional Firekin but she was as sure about him as she was anybody else trying out.

Hiba's blue eyes widened and he stared when he realized he was being yelled at by one of the Regents, but he quickly shook off the stunned look and put on what he hoped was a determined look.. or at least neutral. He was being an idiot and he knew that, but it didn't make anything any easier. He looked back around the sparring grounds for a partner and, finding none, awkwardly headed toward the sidelines to wait for his next chance to fight- purposefully avoiding getting any closer to Agni-pariksha as she glared at him.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

((Kaa will have to interrupt >3 But don't be afraid, rofl))

User ImageUser Image

Adeyemi was a very reluctant participant in the day's events. He knew why he was here and he could appreciate that.. he just didn't have a great deal of interest in it. It was a nice little area they had out here, though. He was fond of the Spring itself, though it was clearly not at its peak depth. Still, it wasn't so bad a place to hang out. He lay at the edge of the spring, near the water but not touching, dozing off. If he was paying any attention at all to the goings-on around him, he gave no sign of it.

Adanna was much more enthusiastic about the work to be done around the Outpost. Although she had had plenty of time to be social and enjoy her newfound freedom while still being securely in a pride, there was something different about an event like this. A proper gathering and chance to be social with the freedom to talk to (or ignore) anybody she chose with no feelings of anger or bitterness to chew on.. it had been so long, she had almost forgotten that deep down, she was actually a party girl. She was looking forward to a Hongshan festival, which she had learned were still observed, but for now.. this would do.

And just as expected, Adeyemi was napping by the water instead of even pretending to enjoy himself a little bit. Today, even that made her smile.

Instead of worrying about her boring old brother, she headed towards Shaak and Zuka. She nodded in greeting but arrived in time to hear the tail-end of Shaak's question and waited for an answer instead of interrupting right away.

Kimaria

Vesale

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:00 am
"My name is Zuka," he introduced himself calmly. He wasn't surprised she didn't know who he was. It was a large pride to start with, and Zuka also wasn't the most social of lions, preferring to stick to the wards or practicing his skills alone.

"8 months it has been, not a short period of time, though definitely not a long stretch either," he smiled.

Zuka watched the dark pelted regent barking orders at the recruits as Shaak spoke. "I have no doubt the regents will make sure only the talented are permitted." It was not easy to join the Firekin, one needed strength of body and mind to succeed. That, Zuka was sure, would ensure that all those would have talent. "I too, am curious as to what stories they might tell."

He nodded as Adanna approached, "Greetings." It seemed there was quite a turn out to watch the rogues come in.

Kimaria

Ecavi

Vesale

King Kitten

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:27 am
Wook saw the disappointment flicker in Heti's face, he already figured why, he was showing up alone rather than toting along some fresh blood.

"I haven't, not yet. I have heard of some victories though." A smile spread across his maw, though the victories hadn't been in the vast numbers just yet, they were rising and quite steadily. It was a proud moment, though they already knew how many longed to be part of the pride, part of such a great home land. Then his thoughts were pushed aside at the sudden growl followed by the recognizable voice of Azar.

The lions eyes and body followed the movement of their Corporal until he spied the lion with which Azar was speaking of. Fresh blood. The thought was a flicker, something that passed so quickly and was gone. Within moments of the Corporal having spoken he was suddenly down, moving and entirely all over the situation.

Uh oh...

Little did Wook know his sentiments matched Heti's, so when he spoke, the words he used weren't a surprise. So with the best of intentions he moved forward, though still near Heti, his intentions were pure in the movement. "I should have known." Was his reply, the look on his face showed his appreciation for the warning. Now it was just a matter of watching for warning signs.

Kimaria

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:05 am
Heti uttered a small sigh and gave a general nod as he watched the scene unfolding before him. Despite being good at his job and a reasonable fighter, Heti had been born with a tendency for submission around his father. "He'll be putting off the 'fresh blood' if he's not careful." After all, it was hardly their fault that things had soured for the corporal. To make things worse, she wasn't your traditional looking Firekin, either. Her orange-marked pelt was perfectly viable but not exactly traditional.

"I say if she manages to out-wit the corporal she should be allowed in without a duel." He was only half joking...

Up ahead, Azar was still growling - his tail flicking back and forth in irritation. Those who knew him would know that his bark was far worse than his bite. Despite being grumpy and, on occasion, mouthy, he very rarely acted upon any threats he made.

"What's this?" Azar'bijan snapped, "are you the best the rogue lands has to offer?"

His look was quite clear: he was not impressed. Or at least, he pretended to be.

"Can't say I'm impressed."

Behind him, next to Wook, Heti sighed again. "Welcome to the Firekin," he murmured.

And that was when Dam'adhra came onto the scene. He recognised her, despite her being so new, and offered her a friendly smile. "A fellow guard! Well at least the welcoming Firekin outnumber the...not so welcoming ones."

And despite not agreeing with Azar'bijan's outburst he wasn't sure whether he wanted to be the one to stop it.

"How are you both doing, anyway?"

---

"Nice to meet you, Shula." Sia beamed across at the medic despite being wounded. She was a social butterfly, confident and bold and flirty and not afraid to speak her mind. "Well, I'm glad you weren't hard to find! I wouldn't have been too happy to walk across the desert on a bad paw. I probably wouldn't have made it and that would have been a grand shame."

She winced as the salve was applied but tried not to let it pause the conversation.

"I've been lurking at the outpost for a while. I've been wanting to join the Firekin since I heard about them but, I guess you could say I'm not the most natural born warrior ever. Still, seemed like the hard work paid off in the end. I'm Sia, born and raised in the Pridelands."

She smiled, "what about you? You born and bred here in the desert?"

---

Shaak cast Adanna a brief smile - so brief that if you blinked you might have missed it. Still, it was there all the same. The female was strangely fond of the two siblings despite them being rather new to the pride. It seemed that quite a crowd was gathering!

"Then if it has been eight months," she replied, "I must apologise for my lack of observation. Guard duty has been kind to me as of late. I've not had much need for a medic's touch. Let us hope your are not required too much today, either. I would prefer our new members not to be beaten too badly during their duels."

She allowed herself to relax again, turning her head to take in those who were arriving.

"I see your brother is sulking, Adanna." There was the slightest hint of amusement to her tone.

Mysses Greenie

Epine de Rose

SSBrosB

Roman Foi

Ecavi

Vesale

[hope I didn't miss anyone! o.o;; ]  

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:27 am
Asyria levelled her gaze on the much larger lion, acutely aware that she was outnumbered, though the Corporal appeared to be the only one to give any show of hostility. Still, she had a point to make, and without breaking eye contact with Azar she gave a nod of her chin in the direction of his on. At the very least, she had acknowledged his presence even if it was not quite the time to offer him her full attention.

"You must be truly desperate if you have been accepting anything less than me," she replied calmly. She was careful with her tone, while she might have had every desire to back chat or give lip, now was not appropriate. On the contrary, she needed to circle the beast and get a read on him; any onlooker, hell, even Azar if he wasn't entirely bluster may very well have seen it in her eyes.

She was sizing him up.

"Ah but they do say looks can be deceiving," she pursed her lips and cast a glance briefly to his stomach, then his paws, and then back to his maw. "Perhaps you are all fluff, deliberately fashioned to look imposing when you are no more lethal than a hare." She shook her head, almost dismissively and returned her gaze to the Corporal.

"I hear it works quite well for some of the more vulnerable species, quite the ploy if this is what you are using to encourage others to act as your protector - perhaps we should get you wet to see just how big you really are," she paused and finally raised her brow.

"Rest assured, I can exchange pleasantries with you all day if that is your preference, but it's hardly constructive use of either of our times..."

Kimaria

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:49 am
User Image

Beelzebub strode through the sands cocky, confident and proud. He had grown up in the bussom of love and care, his parents were lovely, plain, boring. It was that boredom that had driven him away. It had set him upon a path of a travelling rogue. While scouring the land for adventure, intreague and excitement that he had heard of the firekin. A pride of lions born of the desert, fighters all with striking coats of red.

Well he had a pretty striking coat and he was a fighter. With this in mind he had struck out for the firekin. They were officially exciting.

What was happening at the moment, well it made his head spin, he wanted to join in the fun. He was making a beeline for the sparring grounds. When he arrived he sat slowly on the shifting sand and watched, for the moment he could be quiet and watched but the muscles in his whole body tensed. He wanted to fight he wanted to challenge, he just had to wait his turn.  

Syrius Lionwing

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:06 pm
User Image

Dam's eyebrows raised in mock-surprise. "There's welcoming firekin?" She smiled to show she was only joking, though she remembered the lioness she had personally sparred against. She wouldn't had classified her as... welcoming. While Dam admitted that testing to see how brave a lion was had value (you don't want lions who can't handle a few nasty words, at least), there was something about the Corporal that irked Dam. It was as if he didn't ever stop his hostility, even when it was of little value... Of course, what did she know? She was a newbie that barely grasped her duties as is. How could she possibly understand what brunt the Corporal had to bear?

None than less, she returned the welcoming smiles of the two lions... noting there weren't too terribly many guard lionesses about, and then watched to see what the "fresh blood" lioness would do next up against the Corporal...

xD Holy crap I need to read more closely. I've never RP'd in such a fast moving ORP before. OTL

Kimaria

Epine de Rose

Mysses Greenie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:08 pm
User ImageUser Image

Zuka didn't look familiar but it turned out Adanna was a newer arrival than him so that made sense, then! She chuckled at the remarks about talent and the need for medics in the area, and shot a glance over to her brother when Shaak commented on him.

"He's not very social," she said loudly, intending for him to hear her, but continuing at a more conversational volume, "I almost had forgotten that about him. You'd think a long stay with the Nergui would have livened him up to the idea of a friendly gathering but I guess not."

Adeyemi could hear Adanna talking about him and though he opened an eye to look over in her direction, it was a lazy effort and he ultimately rolled his eye and closed it again. He was relaxing, that didn't mean he wasn't appreciating the freedoms that came with being a proper member of a pride.

Adanna smiled.

"It's probably more exciting on the sparring grounds," she commented, "But this is a much better place to chat."

Kimaria

Vesale

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:10 pm

User Image Kowa had been training for his matches. On and off sparring, his muscles ached and his head was pounding. It was very different from his life with the pirates. He lazed, or learned how to climb to drink more fermented fruit. This was their ocean life, nothing like the harsh sands. It roughed his paws, and gave him tougher skin far beyond what he thought. He never turned down a challenge though, and that was why he was still here and not retreating to the oceans. He heaved a little, and needed back to his beautiful liquid of water.

The spring was the only real location he had made a special note of. Going to the spring and noticing two particular characters there. Kowa's ears went up in alert as he looked them in the eyes out of respect before he leaned down to drink. He tried not to speak, especially with his heavy accident of the ocean dwellers and from where he stood, he didn't want to piss anyone off, just yet.

Mysses Greenie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:30 pm
The whole scene unfolded quickly and was heated with plenty of intentions. A small smile had played at the corner of Wooks maw as he recalled the situation mentally, reminding himself that it was the Corporal standing before him, his son just ahead of him and plenty of other soldiers/guards mingled about. The lioness that had decidedly approached the group of them was playing with fire by using such foul words, though he had half a mind to think that the Corporal may just appreciate the harsh rebuttal - in his own way.

"Welcome indeed." He murmured in response to Heti. That was when he spotted a dark pelted lioness, one of whom he only recognized through passing, Dam-Dam`adhra? He hoped on a whim that he had recalled correctly and smiled in her direction. "Hello, hello!" He boomed, perking up quite quickly despite the way the other conversation seemed to be opening up and even giving a chuckle to her much needed sarcasm.

For a moment, but only a moment, while he had turned his attentions away he had wondered if he should lend a helping paw to stop the situation, especially the way it was going, between the Corporal and that lioness? The thought was fleeting though, something he'd come back to.

Kimaria

Roman Foi

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:16 am
"Desperate?" Azar sneered, standing his ground. "We don't take just anyone. You'll have to win a duel if you want to count yourself as one of us..." he paused, eyeing her critically, "I can't see much hope for you."

And then the verbal battle began and Azar rose to the bait immediately. "All fluff?!" He set his teeth for a moment, the fur on his shoulders bristling. He wouldn't stand aside and let a fellow old-blood Firekin insult him, let alone a rookie not yet counted amongst their ranks. "You speak tough but there's no way you'll win your challenge here today. I'll see to that myself! You'll go no further. We duel now!"

Heti - who as busy giving Dam'adhra a grin - was startled as Azar rose his voice in challenge. What? There weren't supposed to be any challenges here and they were on guard duty today, not combat duty! He wasn't sure how strict these rules were but if they were set in stone his father looked like he'd get himself in trouble with the regent who was overseeing the duels.

"Excuse me a moment!" Heti declared, leaving Wook and Dam'adhra to their conversing. He cleared the ground between them quickly, shoving up alongside his father and edging cautiously in front of him so as to provide an obstacle.

"Corporal..." he tried his best beseeching face and voice, "the duels are being overseen by the regent today," he stressed the title in hopes it would sober Azar's anger. He was curious, however, to see how the potential recruit would act. She seemed fierce enough so far.

---

User Image

A grey lioness - sitting not to far from where Beelzebub had sat - was exuding tension as she watched the duels taking place before her. The poor golden lion who was making an attempt at that current moment seemed to be drawing the attention of a dark female who - if what she had been told was true - was one of the leaders of the pride.

Soon, she realised, it would be her turn to go under the spotlight. The mounting pressure had her heart pounding violently in her chest. She stood out more than she liked with her grey pelt and though she had been told that it was acceptable, it's rarity amongst pride members could make her a target. But this was the pride of her ancestors. If she could not be at home amongst these people then who could she be? Her head sunk at the thought of family. She was certain that very few of them would have agreed to her being here today.

She gave a sidelong glance towards the very vibrant red male sitting close to her and took note of the confident aura he had. Maybe he had already won his duel?

"Are you...a Firekin member?" she asked carefully.

---

"You both suffered much hardship," Shaak replied kindly, "everyone reacts differently to such experiences. In time, perhaps, he will grow accustomed to such events. He is here, at least. That is something." She wondered, however, whether he had been simply dragged here by his sibling. Well, either way, it would do him good.

It sounded like the regent was being particularly hard on new recruits today. Perhaps, she thought, Zuka's skills would be needed and sooner than they might have believed.

She gave another nod, "speaking of which, it looks like a newcomer has joined us." She indicated the large black and red male - with markings like a serpent on his forelegs and face. "Perhaps he has some tales to tell."

Epine de Rose

Syrius Lionwing

Ecavi

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:12 am
Kimaria
hurr i have a feeling she's gunna regret speaking to him XD!

Turning his violet gaze upon the smoke gray lioness Beezlebub let a confident toothy grin raise upon his lips. "Not yet but it's only a matter of time." He scoffs and without any hesitation looks the gray lioness up and down. She was very nice looking, he decided she looked like the world after a bush fire, the smoke after the blaze. He liked his analysys of her and decided to voice his opinion. "You look like smoke after a fire, I suppose that's fitting." He raises a brow his gaze piercing and curious.

"Have you competed in a duel yet? You want to practice with me? I promise to go easy on you, I don't usually hit girls." He snorts a condescending laugh, no one coulld beat him, he was young and strong and he was going to be a powerful firekin. A smokey girl, he could take her out easily and prove that he was tough but fair. After all it wouldn't take much to take a little girl out, she might even back down, she seemed nervous, maybe she want even joining the firekin? The place seemed to be buzzing with rogues.  

Syrius Lionwing

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:44 pm

User Image Overall, the day had gone fairly well. Bashise had won her duel, even if just barely, and she had secured her place within the pride. The only problem had come post-duel, when she'd tripped on a rock. A rock, of all things! If they'd done this on the desert sands, she would have faired MUCH better and not have injured herself so stupidly. Not that it was a big injury, doing little more than smart. It hadn't, at least, broken the skin. She'd be okay, and saw no reason to visit the medic. Instead, she headed down to the spring, intent on getting a last good drink before the long trek into the desert the group would be doing. She saw many lions, including a pair that were clearly a couple - One was a large male with a mane like dark golden grasses and spots across his shoulders, the other was a lioness with wing markings across her own shoulders. Bashise could only guess at their history.

She spied, too, a pair of red lions, one of which wore large black wings as a shawl and the other apparently... Sleeping? She couldn't really fault him for that. Somehow, though, it was the red-haired black lioness that stood out to Bashise. She went limping over, offering the lioness a smile. "Exciting to be in the Motoujamii, isn't it?" The pride didn't accept just ANYBODY, a lion had to be of certain colorations first, and had to prove their worth in a duel, second.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
LMAO let's see if this works with the other coding *Edit* Not so much, destroyed the bold

User Image Surely this had been a good idea. Galahad had won his own duel, and was practically prancing with delight. His blood was pumping, birds were... Well, they were doing something or other. Abelie was having some sort of argument with another bird, he knew that much. "Citlali, what ARE they squabbling about?" He cast a glance up at the birds, ears back for a moment. He'd been looking at many things since arriving, trying to discern where his brother was. He knew Feuerblut was around somewhere, just not... WHERE. Unless he was across the desert in the pride's center.

User Image While Galahad had claimed to have a bird, Citlali had been fortunate enough to find one to bond with. She adored Abelie, the way the bird could be her eyes in the sky. She could fly fast and far to take messages for Citlali, checking up on her mother for her. It was how she'd learned she had several younger brothers and sisters by her stepfather now, happily living in the Ela'wadiyi. It made the wing-marked lioness happy.

Now she was seeking a happy life in the Motoujamii with Galahad. Her own duel had been a draw, which suited her just fine. She wasn't aiming to fight here, she was aiming to hunt. The desert terrain would just be different from the savannah she'd grown up on, or the mountains they'd come from. Citlali considered just how far she'd travel to get here, and couldn't help but smile. Many others were around, too, that had probably been on long journeys, and she couldn't wait to hear their stories. For now, her gaze trailed upward to where Abelie was arguing with another bird. "I don't know. Maybe the best way to fly over the sand?" The lioness gave an impassive shrug, "She does her own thing, mostly."

Ledge between the guard post and part-time living quarters

User Image Somewhere in these lands, his brother was present. When they'd gone on their naming quest, when they'd still be Moshi and Atlas, the brothers had run into one another, with Moshi telling Atlas his desire to go to the desert and find their grandfather's bond-brother. Moshi'd never come back, and Atlas, then going by Sustinet'mundi, had returned to the swamps alone.

As it turned out, the swamps were not where he was meant to be, nor were the mountains, and he'd taken the rockslide as a sign to come find what had happened with his brother. He'd won his duel, quite easily he figured, and was now just observing. There were several lions gathered at the spring, and several more dotted around the area, with the odd lion trickling out from the desert. Magenta eyes took in the distant haze that he knew sand dunes were on the other side of, shifting ever so slightly where he sat. Soon... Soon enough, he'd be going in there.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:03 am
User ImageUser Image

A glare proved insufficient at hardening the rogue's resolve to win himself a duel, though Agni-pariksha watched him go right to the edge of the crowds to, presumably, take a break. She had half a mind to challenge him herself but it would be more lesson than proper duel and that wasn't sufficient.

Lucky for Hiba, she was distracted momentarily by the hubbub around her. She could practically feel the fight developing in the Guard Post but that was expected. What really caught her attention was the remark from Beelzebub.. and a funny sort of grin appeared on her face.

"You don't usually hit girls?" she repeated- and then began to laugh.

Hiba could feel the weight of Agni-pariksha's stare but held up amazingly well despite that. He had just cleared his throat, feeling very dry at that moment, and gotten ready to take himself a seat when the Regent became distracted by a nearby conversation.

And then he was the one staring.

Neither repetition nor laughter were menacing, just genuine (if dark) amusement that he hadn't really expected to find in the Firekin. Especially not when he arrived and found that Kidondo wasn't in charge (not that he knew much about Kidondo, either).

So he stared.

Kimaria

Syrius Lionwing

User ImageUser Image

"Listen to her, she sounds smarter than you, Adanna."

Adeyemi spoke loudly, giving away the fact that he was not only able to hear them from where he was (it wasn't that far away, so they likely knew as much) but he was paying attention. Whether his sister thought that meant he was paying attention to everything going on around them didn't matter to him. While everything was reasonably calm and nobody was bothering him, he was quite content to stay where he was.

Adanna's smile at Shaak's kind remarks twitched at the sound of her brother's voice and insult but she decided to ignore him. When another arrival was pointed out, she turned her head to look him over.

"Polite," she remarked, "But doesn't seem keen on coming to talk to us if he does have stories to tell."

She watched Kowa drink, hoping he'd overhear and chat with them. His markings were interesting. A different twist on a familiar style, she wondered if there was a connection between him and Pele, or him and Hongshan, but something in her doubted it.

Kimaria

Chi Sohma

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:30 am
ecavi
oh dear XD! Meet my idiot. *lets him dig himself a grave* btw feel free to hit him really hard, he needs some sense knocking in to him XD!

He was new, so new here that he didn't even know he was being spoken to by a regent so he rolled his eyes and scoffed "well my mo..." he paused and corrected his stance, he was about to say his mother always told him to protect girls not to hit them. It was hard to get out of that habit. "Well Yanno, if you mess up a girls face she's never gunna find a mate." He snorts a cocky grin on his maw. He decided she was pretty too, all the girls here seemed really pretty. Clearly the firekin had good stock, it was definitely the place for him.

Turning his violet eyes back on the gray female he tilted his head curiously "so waddya say? I won't use my claws, wouldn't want to mess up your pretty face."  
[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff