[ORP] Headhunting a Magistrate [closed] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:19 am
Tapana watched the golden Firekin leave, keeping the emotion from her face. She wasn't sure what to make of the girl. The contrast to those who had gone before was rather immense.

Tail twitching with thought, she remained quite still; looking up only when the next candidate moved to take their place before her. Blinking, she looked up and nodded her head, both a greeting and a sign for the lioness to speak her part.

"I have lived here all my life," Vesta began in a quiet voice, "my family are a proud one, though our bloodline is small within the pride. My ancestors did great things and yet it felt as if I never...found my place. I am no true warrior like my father or grandparents and this lack of talent left me feeling..." there was a pause and if Tapana had wondered how the sentence would end, she'd have been disappointed because it never would.

"My calling lies in a path non-military. Perhaps this will set me on the direction I was always meant for."

"Thank you for speaking with me. This is the first step of many."

Vesta, feeling somewhat shaky, lifted herself to her paws and took her leave, released a huge breath once she was back amongst the other candidates.

"That..." she murmered to them all, "was much harder than it should have been." She blinked, glancing around at the other candidates, "or maybe I just need to toughen up a little!" She laughed as if joking, but deep down she was being serious.

Kimeti, smiling at his chance to speak, got to his paws and made his way to the regent.

[ooc: feel free to have characters chat if you'd like to use this RP as a full one for a breeding. Once Kimeti has been interviewed, Tapana will retire, there'll be a timeskip and then she'll announce the promotion. The RP will remain open until then (: ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:26 am
Huozin offered Vesta a smile. "Nothing worth having is ever easy," he pointed out. And in this pride, it wouldn't be at all surprising to find that some of the obstacles in their lives had been intentionally set by their predecessors simply to "toughen them up."

The red male looked around at the small group. "I wonder that there are so few of us gathered here - I'd've thought that there are many more lions qualified for the rank of Magistrate." And, though he wouldn't say it aloud, the Hunter was certain that many of those not present were far more qualified than he was. Oh, he did want the promotion, but Huozin was trying to be reasonable, and not too disappointed should he be one of the many lions who would be passed over today.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:23 am
When the darkest of them returned, the guard nodded in agreement with her sentiment. Perhaps it was because she was the only other female in the candidate pool, or perhaps there was something else about her, but Psyche was leaning towards liking her...not that she was leaning towards disliking the others, but there was something about Vesta's presence that made her feel slightly more at ease.

"There must have been others," she said with another nod. "I wonder who didn't show, and why?" Whether they were interested in a promotion or not, shouldn't they at least have had the courtesy to attend and tell the Regent in person? Maybe she was being too harsh, though. Maybe they had sent a message back, or planned to speak with her one-on-one. Hmm. Though it had nothing to do with her, really, Psyche couldn't help but be curious.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:36 pm
"I would have thought so, too, but perhaps there were not so many as we might have thought?" Vesta considered."Most Firekin I know tend to lean towards the more..." she paused, trying to think of the best phrasing, "military minded?"

She sat, peering between the two. "I suppose many might view a position on the council as less...appealing?" She nodded again, "not to show up does seem rather rude, though, I have to agree."

She blinked a moment and cast another glance at Psyche, "oh, my apologies. I ought to welcome you back home. I'm so glad that the rules were relaxed a little and you could return. My...my father is of non-traditional colouring also but he was granted immunity because of his support during the civil war." She knew that, some day, it might mean she could have huria children someday and the prospect of that...

...well, it frightened her.

---

"So, has the best been saved until last, son of Kidondo and No?" Tapana teased, not unkindly.

Kimeti, with a small huff, rolled his shoulders and took a seat before the regent, eyeing her in such a way that it might have been her being interviewed. "If you're asking whether I think I'm best suited for the job, then yes, I do. That's not ego talking or some misguided perception of birthright. It's just fact." He was to the point.

"Oh?" Tapana, however, sounded amused.

"My parents were both leaders. It was in their blood just as it is in mine. I may be young, but my short years have not been put to waste. I have learned and studied and now pass this knowledge on to the youth and our new members."

"And why did you answer the message?"

"This is my path," Kimeti replied. "It's what I was born to do."

"Destiny, then?"

"If you like." He gave a shrug.

"Thank you for your time."

"And you for yours," Kimeti returned, getting back to his paws.

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:10 pm
"You're right, so many of the Motoujamii are in the army," Huozin replied to Vesta's comment. "But I'm sure the rest had their own reasons," the Hunter continued, building off of Psyche's reasoning. Then Vesta started apologizing and talking about what had been and was no longer considered huria. The whole thing made the red male somewhat...uncomfortable.

Psyche was right there, after all. And he was certain the yellow lioness had already been made a much of since she'd returned. Did Vesta really have the poor taste to bring it up? Huozin had resolved to not mention it at all unless if the former huria brought up the subject of her coloration. She must be sick of it by now.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:31 pm
Kimeti joined the others a few moments later, stretching as he moved so as to seem unfazed by all that had transpired. It wouldn't do to seem nervous in front of the others when such a position meant keeping a level-head in such situations.

"Good luck, everyone." He thrummed, pausing to look over his shoulder as Tapana moved in behind him.

The regent cleared her throat to draw attention and let her gaze drift over the candidates.

"Thank you for coming today. I will take your answers back to the council and ask for their guidance. Once the decision has been made, I will personally seek out the chosen Firekin in a few days. A message, however, will be sent to all of you, whether successful or not. And, please, let it be known that you are all more than worthy. This decision will not be easy. For those who are not successful I would urge you to keep an eye out on other promotion opportunities. There will be many more in the coming days."

She dismissed herself then, with a short nod and left the others to chat - if they so desired.

"Oh," Vesta breathed, "well...I guess that is that, then."

[ooc: You may continue to RP. I will post the chosen magistrate in my closing post. Thank you all for taking part <3 ]

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:58 pm
Psyche just couldn't buy into the thought that they were all of the considered candidates, or even most of them, primarily because she was among them. She still didn't feel as though she was qualified, even after speaking to Tapana, but maybe there had been other reasons she was being considered - or why there was the appearance that she was being considered. Perhaps her presence was less to do with who she was, and more to do with what, and the thought would have made her frown if it weren't for the others around her. It was something she would have to think more on later, along with everything else.

For now, Vesta changed the subject, but before she had a chance to respond, Kimeti returned and so did Tapana, who then retired. Once the Regent had gone, the former huria dipped her head in acceptance of Vesta's welcome, unoffended that she had broached the subject. Her color was a part of who she was, and always had been and always would be. Maybe as time passed and more of her type returned or were born, others would find it less and less notable, but it had played a large role in making her who she was, and that was not necessarily a bad thing. "Thank you. It's good to be home again. I...hadn't expected that I ever would be."

"Your father? The same is true for my grandfather," she shared, intrigued. Outside of her own line of descent, Psyche knew very little about the various bloodlines of the pride; with having to leave, she hadn't needed to, and had occuppied her time with more relevant lessons.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:43 am
Vesta smiled, pleased. She had always felt a little out of place herself but home was home and she knew she could never bring herself to leave it. And, perhaps the most welcome thing today was that she seemed to have found a kindred spirit in Psyche. "Your grandfather, too?" She brightened, "then our ancestors must have fought side by side together."

For the first time in a long time, Vesta seemed more animated than timid. Pride in her family was clear even despite their non-traditional colouring. Thinking of it, she had a huria uncle who had been sent away who would now be deemed acceptable colouring - if her father's stories were anything to go by.

"It's wonderful that you've both found something to bond over, and I hate to be rude..." Kimeti responded, realising - with some amusement - that he had been named after the very lion whom the rebels had risen up to dethrone. He'd often wondered why his father had done such a thing - and why his mother had ever agreed to it. For irony's sake, perhaps?

"...But perhaps it's time we departed. We won't get any answers hanging around here and the lack of shade will become rather apparent in the next few moments, I am sure."

Vesta frowned and, for a moment, looked ready to argue. Then she remembered who the lion was and lowered her head submissively - turning her head back to the golden Firekin, she asked; "Can we meet later? I'd love to talk more with you."

Meepfur
Hehehe, just realised who Psyche's grandfather is. He's the lion who adopted Vesta's dad (Azarax) as a cub and raised him as his own x3

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Motoujamii Lands

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:25 am
A few days later, a host of birds were sent soaring across the sands with a message for all of the candidates but one. The message was not one that the birds would particularly want to deliver. After all, it was to inform the candidates that they had not been successful. Yet, though the message they bore was a disappointing one, it was clear that the Firekin had all shown great aptitude. It was hoped that they would try for another role when a position so made itself available.

For the successful candidate, however, Tapana would seek out personally to congratulate them and welcome them to the council.

And the new magistrate?

It had been a hard choice in some ways, with such great talent laid out before them. And yet, somehow, it had also been clear. They were looking for a wide spread of lions and lionesses in the council. Those with differing perspectives and opinions and it seemed from all the candidates, there was one who stood out from the rest. Agni-pariksha and the other magistrates had agreed.

And that candidate's name was Pysche.

An ex-huria who had grown up knowing she would someday have to leave. A lioness with experience of the outside lands. A female who had so much to give if she could only find the confidence.

-----

OOC: Thank you all for applying!

Behind the scenes, Tapana would be available to discuss decisions with all applicants once the messages had been sent out. I am even happy to RP these out if any of you so wish.

Please note that we will be looking to promote to other high ranks in the very near future, so keep an eye out for more opportunities heading your way.

Congratlations, Meep!

Meepfur
You may apply for a recert! (:

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out