☼ Open Pride Discussion ☼ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:25 am
I think bringing the muses back in some form would make the pride more interesting, if done with respect for real mental disease. Maybe detailing how the "insanity" manifests (like there is a limitation on what seers can/can't see) but allowing the player to decide the "strength" of the "insanity".

I'd love to see a ban of (or at least strongly discouraging) modelling characters "insanity" on real mental disease or the movie versions on it.

I'm honestly a bit confused about the current mating rules and I think they could use a rewrite. As they're written now I don't understand if it uses the shop rules for breeding relativas or if it means "no crossing bloodlines ever". It wouldn't make sense for characters to know their lineage that far back, so if it's meant to be harsher than shop rules it would help to just state how far back you'd need to look. Or rewrite to make it clearer if it's just meant to be shop rules.

I wouldn't mind removing the "only mates that could produce cubs" part either since it seems needlessly limiting.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:26 am
On the subject of mating rules, is there any possibility it could go back to there not really being rules outside of shop rules? The old write-up has it that the only solid rule is no one is allowed to harm anyone, and other than that everyone was welcome and could live pretty much as they wished. It would be really nice to get back to that.  

Meepfur
Captain

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:51 pm
Meepfur
On the subject of mating rules, is there any possibility it could go back to there not really being rules outside of shop rules? The old write-up has it that the only solid rule is no one is allowed to harm anyone, and other than that everyone was welcome and could live pretty much as they wished. It would be really nice to get back to that.

Sounds good!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:12 pm
I can rewrite it, yes ~ -Makes notes-  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:03 pm
Took me a moment to find it again - I thought I'd already tweaked it! Nope, managed to pass it. How's this look?

Quote:
♥Mate Material♥
The Kizi is a very open pride but they do have a few standards of mating that have come along with the new traditions and leadership. A general rule of thumb is if you can find a common ancestor(like a great-grandparent)- it might not be mate material! The Kizi are very willing to share many things in the game of love but there are two things that they are never to share with their lovers; bloodlines. Just about everything else is fair game.

All we ask concerning non-lion feline mates is that we keep these relationships to a minimum. The Kizi is a lined pride and needs to maintain a 9 to 1 ratio from lions to non-lion members. Hybrid offspring are just fine in the pride, but for OOC reasons, please keep this in mind!

I think it clarifies the issue of relation fine - If you can find a common ancestor, like a great-grandparent, then maybe reconsider being mates. Technically adheres to shop rules, but also leaves it up to owners if they want to go "Eh" or not!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:34 pm
Okay, finally updated that ~ With a bit of wording fixed that somebody pointed out to me -Coughs-  

KizingoZaa II

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:18 pm
A thought on the future of the Kizaa - How would people feel about a small shift toward a touch of a Wonderland theme? IE, it still shifts toward the insanity, but with a distinct touch of Wonderland, such as either a rank name changed to, or created for, the title of Jabberwock or Momewrath.

Keep in mind, I was already wanting to shift the ruling titles back to what they once were - Story Keeper and Song Keeper - because they feel like they have a bit more meaning, I guess? But if it takes a Wonderland shift, there's the other option of card suit king/queen titles - Queen of Hearts, King of Diamonds, etc.

Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:23 pm
I think that'd be fine if it were a new pride, but Kizi's been established for so long it'd be too much from either iteration.  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:40 pm
I'm not a huge fan for the Kizi. Like Fee said, it'd be an interesting idea for a new pride, but it seems like a stretch for the Kizi to get there.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:46 am
With a remaking of that size, you'd need very assert and strong leaders to make that change.

I am rehauling the Kuroi'Nera, and anytime I make changes, I make changes under another ruler's command but keeping some core values still in tact, and if I am changing a core value, It is done via Meta Plot.

:3 I love wonderland, so I'm down for it, Just need to figure out how an established pride gets there. But it can be done.  

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:58 pm
Imma just. Slip right in here and proclaim Muhali is still part of this pride and if a plot wants to be done about re-blessing the land and a return of the muses, I'm here for it.  
[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff