Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply ››››››››› Inactive Dorms Locations
[Y1] Dorm House of Kingdra Room 110 [Harvey Jay Bennett] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

X Kaos X
Vice Captain

Anxious Character

45,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:28 pm
User ImageUser Image
▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Friday, 20th of November░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂
GoodMorning░ ░

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:02 am
User ImageUser Image
▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Saturday, 21st of November░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂
GoodMorning░ ░

X Kaos X
Vice Captain

Anxious Character

45,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Winged 100

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:48 pm
User ImageUser Image
▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Wednesday, 15th of December░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂
GoodMorning░ ░

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:44 pm
User ImageUser Image
▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Thursday, 16th of December░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂
GoodMorning░ ░

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Summer Pride 100

Shadow of Miracles 02
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Friday, 17th of December░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂
GoodMorning░ ░

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:53 pm
User ImageUser Image
▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Wednesday, 16th of January░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂
GoodMorning░ ░

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:55 pm
User ImageUser Image
▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Thursday, 17th of January░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂
GoodMorning░ ░

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:31 am
Prairiefox

And now you’ll lead the way
Show the light of day

Harvey Jay Bennet
-Breeding Teacher-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Harvey stiffled a yawn as he sat on his desk. He had stayed up that night makins plans for the rest of the semester. The presentations hadn't exactly gone over as well as he had hoped. Some of the students had risen to the challenge while some just hadn't turned it in.
He was considering a trip to the daycare but the school had beaten him to it ( would it really be fun if they did it more than once) so he was left with good old-fashioned schoolwork to give his students.
Oh they're gonna looove that.
The school year would close soon enough ( it had already been six months, that was how long schools usually lasted...or did this one last all year? He couldn't remember) and he wanted to finish with a bang.
He scribbled out the egg types on the margin of his notes. They had already covered them and would be looking at chain breeding soon but maybe...
The door opened and he looked up to find none other than his brother at the door.
Marcus looked like he wanted to be friendly but was too scared to, and for some reason that set his teeth on edge.
"umm..mornin?"
"What are you doin here Alden?"
The tone was harsh, partly because of how tired Harvey was and partly because he still wasn't sure of how he felt about the boy.
Marcus seemed to take it in good stead, although he lost some of the confident posture he usually carried around. He started fiddling with a loose thread on his uniform-.where there holes in his uniform?
"I was...I was wonderin if you wanted to have breakfast, I've been havin problems with Valiant and-"
"I told you I couldn't have breakfast with students"
"I'm your brother!"

Marcus wasn't sure what had made him snap like that. Usually he just shrugged off Harvey's nos like they didn't matter and tried again some other time.
But he had been trying and trying and it hurt, it hurt knowing his brother didn't want him here. It hurt that he didn't seem to get along with his parents ( on top of his parents not getting along)
And now that he was going he couldn't stop really.
"I'm your brother shouldn't you act like it?"
Harvey seemed taken aback by the outburst. He opened his mouth and Marcus quickly dropped his gaze to the ground, readying for another sharp string of words ( and missing the part where Harvey seemed to rein in his words and his mood)
"I don't....I don't have time for this Alden" he finally said trying to keep himself in check. Marcus however seemed to -for once- not want to do that.
"What? Be my brother?"
"You know what? Yeah" Harvey said before he could fully think about it, neither had realized their voices had risen enough that anyone walking by would hear them "Yeah. Dad dropped you off like a sack of bread, like he always does with every single responsibility he's always had"
"Dad's not"
"Dad's a moron."
"N-no he's not!"
"He can't keep his own kids in check so he pawns them off on someone else. And I'm sittin here trying to keep you in check-which isn't easy with how much trouble you get into with those Salamance girls"
"I told you Kirsi started it" Marcus mumbled barely audibly but
"And I don't have time for this, I don't. I can't play babysitter and do my job and honestly, you got a mom and dad who should be looking after you so I don't know why everyone keeps expecting me to pick up the slack again" his voice kept rising more and more as he thought about his parents, about everything they had put him through, about how inept they had been and how inept they still were why couldn't they raise their own kid? Why couldn't they keep it together? "Dad can't handle you so it fell on me-never mind when you were born neither he nor your mother could wait to get rid of me, you know what fine. I agreed. I said I'd keep an eye on you but I didn't think that meant you'd need me all the-"
Finally he stopped, but only becasue he noticed the look on Marcus' face.
Marcus wasn't looking at him, he was chewing on his lip, arms crossed and seemed to have turned inwards. He kept blinking fast and it took about a second for Harvey to remember he used to do that when he was about to cry.
Regret filled him, he reached out, tried to find his voice, tried to take it back.
But words are like toothpaste, once they're out you can't put them back in.
"Alden I-"
Before he could say anything else Marcus turned on his heel and ran off ( when had the door been opened again?)

P O K E M O N

► P A R T Y
        Pokemon: Broski (Monferno)
        Friendship Points:
        User Image
        Level:50
        Nature:Rash
        Ability:Iron Fist(hidden ability)
        Experience:
        Move Set:

►Flame Wheel
            ►Close Combat
            ►Thunder Punch
            ►Blaze KIck

Pokemon: Tank (Electivire)
        Friendship Points:
        User Image
        Level:49
        Nature:Brave
        Ability: Motor Drive
        Experience:
        Move Set:

►Thunderbolt
            ►Discharge
            ►Meditate
            ►Discharge

Pokemon: Samantha (Slowking)
        Friendship Points:
        User Image
        Nature:Mild
        Ability:Regenerator(hidden ability)
        Experience:
        Move Set:

►Zen Headbutt
            ►Water Pulse
            ►Heal Pulse
            ►Trump Card

Nice work you did
You’re gonna go far, kid

ooc; sorry the post is just Harvey's. Had to leave in a rush. Marcus is very much there tho.  

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:29 pm
User Image

►◄►◄►◄⋉Rαмσηα Ƒℓσяσѕ►◄►◄►◄
►◄►◄►◄►◄►჻Hιѕтory oғ World & Poĸeмoɴ჻◄►◄►◄►◄►◄

Feelιɴɢ: Perky Word Coυɴт: ---- Locαтιoɴ Dorms OOC:Sorry about the wait
Inventory

THe history teacher made her way down the hall of the Kingdra dorm floaty and at peace. The winter break had certainly started off interestingly enough with the dragon attack during the festival, but the children were safe and now they were back and she could finally... "My first class since..." she thought aloud. It was her first class since her trouble with the police. From her time since she's tried to keep her head high, but she still felt people spoke of her suspiciously. If it wasn't for her colleagues...Takahiro...she would have been swallowed by her despair. The only thing she had to focus on now were the students, and she prayed they still saw her as their teacher...

A sip of her coffee sent a warm flow around her body and she sighed,
"Ahhh that hits the spot-!" Turning the corner a blur of brown hair ran past her, almost knocking her off balance, "WOAH!" She spun on her pink heels and held her coffee safely in both hands. She looked around for the blur and saw a boy running down the hall, "Be careful there's no running in the halls!"

SHe turned from where he had ran from and saw a open door, Harvey's room. She contemplated til it hit her that must've been Marcus that ran past. She tip toed towards the doorway and peeked inside. He saw Harvey sitting at his desk, it looked like a mess he was working on. She knocked on the door frame and smiled small, she had no idea what she was walking into, "Look's like you've had a interesting morning." she took another sip of her coffee and sat on his bedside without much invitation in, "Want to talk about what just happened? A certain boy almost made me lose my morning cappucino."

User Image
User ImageXαтυ჻Lv.50QuietSynchronize
User ImageSιɢιlypн჻Lv.50BoldWonder Skin
User ImageCoғrαɢrιɢυѕ჻Lv.45ImpishMummy

X Kaos X

Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:49 pm
Prairiefox

Show the light of day

Harvey Jay Bennet
-Breeding Teacher-

Harvey looked up in the middle of saying Marcus' name yet again, surprised to see Ramona standing there-when had she entered.
"I ..I...uh..."
For once, the young scholar found himself at a loss for words. How exactly could he explain what had just happened? How much had she heard? How much did she know?
“Sorry about that” he said when she mentioned a boy almost knocking down his cappuccino, sitting down next to her when she invited him to talk about it.
He hesitated, looked around as though looking for an exit, an excuse, his eyes landed on Broski, lounging on the window sill. The monkey pokemon shrugged and Harvey took a breath and spoke. “He’s….he’s my brother” he said not as begrudgingly as he thought he might. After all, without that fact it just looked like Harvey had driven a student to run off in possible tears.
Not that the fact that the kid was his brother made it any better….it really didn’t. It just meant his job was safe.
“Half brother. I-” after she invited him to talk about it more he still hesitated. Harvey was private by nature. He had never revealed just what had brought him to Ordell or any details about his life to anyone but Elaine.
But then, no one else had really asked.
“You really wanna spend the afternoon listenin to my family drama?” he said trying for a smile and only half succeeding.
After a bit more encouragement he went on
“Marcus and I are half brothers. Before he was born his father was married to my mother. We all lived in Eterna..same house Marcus and his mother and my dad all live in now” as always when he mentioned his step-mother his expression darkened. “Mom...she….dad and her split kinda. I mean she left...cops took her away” due to a substance abuse and throwing half the living room out the window but that was another story for another time-maybe never- “just as well really they were at each other’s throat all the time. Neighbors could hear ‘em clear across the street ” he glossed over that last fight quickly, keeping his gaze low. The last thing he wanted to do was look up and see Ramona’s eyes full of pity for him. Or dissecting him to figure out where all the scars where or why he wasn’t more messed up.
He didn’t want her to look at him any differently.
“About a year later dad finds another wife and figures why not try again. Marcus’ mom moved in with us.”
Memories came unbidden to him, meeting his stepmother, the way she looked at him. Fights and screams and more fights. Screaming at her and running off. The officer’s car parked in his porch-this time bringing him home instead of taking someone away.
“She didn’t...particularly like me. She sent me away sometime before Marcus was born. Something about problem children being bad for the baby. I guess.
His brother was allowed to stay. It was just Harvey that was made to leave.
“I uh...I moved in with my mom. She was out of prison by then. Left her house around seventeen and went to school in...well everywhere really.” he had already told her he traveled, so he knew she knew he had been to different regions by taking studying abroad opportunities and travel chances whenever he could.”Didn’t hear from dad or Marcus’ mom for...nearly that long. Fast forward over ten years dad calls me up says his kid’s having problems at school. He’s wandering off a lot, and he doesn’t have time to deal with it because of course he doesn’t. He and his wife have a lot going on and they don’t have the time to deal with their kid’s problems because nothing changes apparently and I Hey Harv Sorry Bout The Childhood Trauma Here Take My Freakin Kid”
Harvey!
Samantha’s voice made him look up and take a break, realizing how worked up he had gotten, how angry at his parents he still was-he didn’t even know why he was angry. He wasn’t sure when the slowking had made his way to stand in front of him but he was grateful for it. Placing his hand on Samantha’s head he continued his tale.
“I told them I’d keep an eye on him. And I have...from a distance. I can’t look at the kid without seeing his mother-who still doesn't’t like me. I thought I forgave her but.” he shrugged, not sure of what to say. He’d said he forgave her, and had meant it at the time. But the moment he saw Marcus he’d known the feelings weren’t gone.
She had sent him to a house where he had to sleep with one open, she still looked at him like he was trash. She had turned out a child to a drug addict’s home, to a hellish situation with no escape all so her life could be better.
“He won’t stop trying to hang out with me” he said because he might as well explain how they got to the yelling, even if he wasn’t proud of it “And I...I don’t know that I want him. I don’t know why he wants to get to know me it’s not like we grew up together. Just now...he was asking me to have breakfast together...he keeps asking me to like...talk to him I dunno...I dunno what he wants from me”

P O K E M O N

► P A R T Y
        Friendship Points:
        User Image
        Experience:
        Move Set:

►Flame Wheel
            ►Close Combat
            ►Thunder Punch
            ►Blaze KIck

Friendship Points:
        User Image
        Experience:
        Move Set:

►Thunderbolt
            ►Discharge
            ►Meditate
            ►Discharge

Friendship Points:
        User Image
        Experience:
        Move Set:

►Zen Headbutt
            ►Water Pulse
            ►Heal Pulse
            ►Trump Card

Nice work you did
You’re gonna go far, kid

ooc  

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:42 pm
User Image

►◄►◄►◄⋉Rαмσηα Ƒℓσяσѕ►◄►◄►◄
►◄►◄►◄►◄►჻Hιѕтory oғ World & Poĸeмoɴ჻◄►◄►◄►◄►◄

Feelιɴɢ: Serious Word Coυɴт: ---- Locαтιoɴ Dorms OOC:Sorry about the wait
Inventory

Ramona took a soothing sip of her drink and waved the man's apology down, she found no need for it, "Don't mind I certainly don't, though it is pretty hot..." she clasped the drink with both hands as she rested it on her lap, leaning in towards the man and awaiting a response from her request. He seemed to almost gloss over it with a dry joke about family drama. She smirked and nodded, "Good thing I'm comfy, so where do you want to start?"

Harvey started from the beginning, explaining the situations between him and boy, who she now knows is his brother, "Oh! So he's your brother? I guess I see the resemblance a little bit thinking about it." She was a only child and only imagined a few times in her childhood what it would've been like to have a sibling. Of course now she never really thought about it but certainly loves the idea of siblings. As he went on she slowly started to notice he didn't feel the same. She had no idea he had to experience that sort of thing, and at such a young age, "That...must've been hard on you Harvey I'm sorry..."

She felt like a man such as Harvey didn't want pity, but she was genuinely apologetic. She tried not to draw too much attention for it as he continued. She noticed a slow change in his tone as he got to the part about his father re-marrying, a subject that for some was a pretty fragile subject. He got quickly to the point that the source of his travelling as a younger adult stemmed from leaving home, or in fact, being made to leave. She felt a little comfort knowing his mother did enough to care for him for a time, but something still seemed off to her, "I see, so that's how you came to be such an avid traveller," she took another sip of her coffee, having taken barely any since he had begun.

His tone rose in irritation and she felt instantly tense from his words, the way he made it sound...it didn't sound right. He quickly stopped and looked at her, his gaze was as if he just watched a ghost pass by. He took a calming breath and finished his story with what's happened in the present, from taking care of Marcus and watching him from afar, but then there was that 'but'. She twirked an eyebrow at his worries. She started to get an idea now after he laid it all out. She leaned forward even more, resting her elbows on her lap,
"Harvey do you know how that sounds?"
She took another sip and continued, it may not be as nice as he wanted to hear, "Marcus, he’s your brother, half or not. You describe him like a hand me down heirloom. How do you think that makes him feel?" She was probably crossing a line, but she wanted him to hear this, "His parents couldn’t ‘handle him’. He’s not an animal either, and that’s on them for not being able to take proper care to his needs. You said you haven’t seen each since he was little right? He may have been young, but he knows you as his brother, the only family willing to be with him, but with how you’re acting like he has the plague he might feel unwanted- just like you did. No one, especially a child, needs to feel that." She played with her hair and let it trail over her shoulder, "With his mother…I can’t really begin to examine those feelings. To come into a family and having to live the child of her husband’s previous wife, it puts her in a weird space that I can only see giving two choices, and she made the wrong choice of not understanding you, of accepting you, of seeing you as part of the family she became a part of. After all these years there’s probably no way she could ever have the chance to make amends, but you Harvey, you have those choices right now with Marcus. He is not his mother, and you’re not either. You are Harvey and Marcus, brothers who are striding through challenges and despite the crack in your family you have a chance to reach for each other. Don’t see him as a thing, see him as the boy who needs a strong adult in his life, a brother."
She finally took another gulp of her cappuccino after going on for so long. She smiled at him, a little nervous at how me may react, "I’m sorry if I stepped over a line, but I don’t want to be easy on you about it if you don’t take it seriously."

User Image
User ImageXαтυ჻Lv.50QuietSynchronize
User ImageSιɢιlypн჻Lv.50BoldWonder Skin
User ImageCoғrαɢrιɢυѕ჻Lv.45ImpishMummy

Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:17 am
Prairiefox
Sorry this is so late crying crying crying life and stuff. I got a new job >>

Show the light of day

Harvey Jay Bennet
-Breeding Teacher-

Harvey didn't look up until he was done talking to Ramona. He wasn't sure what he'd see. Anger? ( He deserved it) Pity? ( he wouldn't be able to take that. It was the last thing he wanted to see) Disgust? Dissapointment? ( okay maybe not the last last thing )
When he finally looked up he saw that she was mostly calm.
He couldn’t help but raise his eyebrows when she said that she saw a resemblance between him and Marcus. Marcus took more after his mother, maybe they had some similarities in speech and behaviour but that had more to do with Eterna-at least, Harvey thought so.
“Yeah? I..I mean I guess”
He shrugged non committedly when she said it must have been hard on him, hoping she wouldn’t see he was trying not to grit his teeth.
Yeah it had sucked, but...he didn’t know what he could say about it. He was supposed to be over it right? He was supposed to be over it right?
It wasn’t supposed to sting anymore right?
“Yeah she uh...she never really got it together but I left so” he said-not sure what else he could say about his mother.
He was a bit taken aback by her directness in regarding Marcus. Yelling at him had been wrong, he knew that, but he had been looking at him from afar to prevent that.
He was slightly mollified when she said Marcus’ mother hadn’t handled him well and kept himself from saying anything bad at the woman by petting Broskin who had opted to sit on his lap. He flinched when she said he described him like some hand me down heirloom. He didn’t. Did he? ( and yeah maybe he felt like his brother was something like that but when she said it like that it sounded….kinda worse)
He felt a flash of defensiveness when she went after his dad ( never mind he had been doing that himself) but let it subside. From what he had seen his dad hadn’t learned much in the way of parenting. And maybe Marcus had him beat in the mother department but.
“Yeah his mother” and god didn’t that word still taste like vinegar after all these years “she takes off on Ranger missions. Else she and dad go at each other the same way my folks used to...I mean okay maybe not as bad but.” but there was definitely yelling when he dropped Marcus off for break.
“But I-” he trailed off and let her finish, apparently Ramona had a lot more to say. Harvey wasn’t sure about how he felt being….lectured. He didn’t necessarily like it. It made him feel like he was...younger. Like he was a kid. And it was made worse by the fact that when he had been a kid no one had been there to tell him what to do….or tell him anything really.
His eyes fixed on her when she said he wasn’t his parents...and that Marcus wasn’t either. No...he wasn’t his father, that much he knew ( he hadn’t spent nearly enough years with him to take after...or maybe he did? How much did twelve years matter in a lifespan?)
He wasn’t sure what to say when she said after all these years there was no way for him and his stepmother to mend things. She was right. There wasn’t. Harvey still got angry just thinking about her. And then she said that he and Marcus still had a chance...and did they?
After all look at where they were.
“I wanted to I just…” he stopped, ran a hand through his hair, thought of what he could say right now that wouldn’t make him look like a jerk and alienate one of the two friends he had managed to make since taking this job “I look at him….and I’m angry. I said I forgave them but...I dunno..I dunno that I did”
He shut up and let her listen as she said that Marcus needed a strong adult person in his life. ( and didn’t that sound familiar? And who had been there when he needed someone? No one)
How Marcus needed his brother.
“We just met this year” he said thinking back to the phone call from his father “Do you really think...?”
Why did he even need help? Marcus had parents.
He shook her off when she asked if she was overstepping.
“You’re not...you’re not saying anything I wasn’t expecting...well a few things, you haven’t said anything bad” he said “I just...I guess I wasn’t ready for him to want to spend time with me I...I don’t know.” he said because really he didn’t. The arrangement had been Harvey keep an eye on him and “I don’t know why he wants me to be his friend so badly and I don’t….know how to be that...even if I wanted to I wouldn’t know where to start”

P O K E M O N

► P A R T Y
        Friendship Points:
        User Image
        Experience:
        Move Set:

►Flame Wheel
            ►Close Combat
            ►Thunder Punch
            ►Blaze KIck

Friendship Points:
        User Image
        Experience:
        Move Set:

►Thunderbolt
            ►Discharge
            ►Meditate
            ►Discharge

Friendship Points:
        User Image
        Experience:
        Move Set:

►Zen Headbutt
            ►Water Pulse
            ►Heal Pulse
            ►Trump Card