Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Geist the Sin Eaters: Full ... sort of Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:03 pm
Kowsauni
Are the Geist's something the game master creates and controls or is it the players?

Sort of both. You design it and play it, but the ST can say "Your geist is X persona, it disagrees." There are 10 generalized personalities that are the reasons they came back.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:40 am
Ravanan

Alzzak

Kowsauni

If we can get one more player involved I will petition for a forum and create a character creation thread to walk you guys though it.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:54 am
I'm down to clown if you'll have me.

Edit: I'm a bit slow to post since majority users here are US and im from britland so the main time for posting tends to be awkward times for me.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:25 pm
Mongooseh

Edit: I'm a bit slow to post since majority users here are US and im from britland so the main time for posting tends to be awkward times for me.

Can you manage 3 post per week?  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:41 pm
PupSage
Mongooseh

Can you manage 3 post per week?

Yeah posting is fine its just due to afforementioned time constraints post and replies will be long most likely.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:07 pm
Mongooseh

Ravanan

Alzzak

Kowsauni

Okay, thats 4, lets get to character creation.

Obviously step 1 is creating a concept.
Once you have that you choose your Threshold. Your threshold is the way your character died and gives you one of your keys.
Thresholds:

The Torn: Death by Violence - Passion and Stigmata
-- Murder victims in various shades. Man killed by man. Passion key is control over emotions, Stigmata controls blood.

The Silent: Death by Deprivation - Stillness and Cold Wind
-- Those who died from neglect, the starved. Stillness is control over stealth and darkness, and Cold wind is control of wind.

The Prey: Death by Nature - Primeval and Grave-Dirt
-- Animal Attacks, the drowned, those struck by lightning. Primeval controls animals, Grave Dirt controls earth and stone.

The Stricken: Death by Pestilence - Phantasmal and Tear-Stained
-- The Diseased. Phantasm channels fears into power and Tear-Stained controls water.

The Forgotten: Death by Chance - Industrial and Pyre-Flame
-- Anything else. Industrial controls machines, but only OLD machines and Pyre-Flame controls fire.

Virtues and Vices:
As with all of the World of darkness games you will have a Virtue, or good quality, and a vice, or bad quality. If you fulfill your virtue it gives a full recharge on your Willpower, if you fulfill your vice you gain 1 willpower.

Virtues:
prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, charity

Vices:
Lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy, pride

Archetypes:
Your Archetype is how you behave now that you are back from the dead. Thematically it is part of the deal that your geist made with you. What they get out of bringing you back.
Advocate: Advocates are sin-eaters who dedicate their second lives to helping the dead, either out of a sense of obligation or because it will make their dealings with the dead easier.
Bonepicker: Bonepickers focus on the material comforts they can gain with their powers, and keep good track of what they're owed by whom.
Celebrant: Celebrants embrace their second life and everything that it has to give, typically as adrenaline junkies or pleasure seekers.
Gatekeeper: Gatekeepers believe it is their duty to police the boundaries between life and death, standing against ghosts who meddle with the living and the living who meddle with the dead.
Mourner: Mourners are obsessed with the fact that they died, and they feed off the emotions of those who are in mourning. Some believe they are still dead.
Necromancer: Necromancers use ghosts and sometimes trips into the Underworld to gain occult lore and knowledge of the past.
Pilgrim: Pilgrims focus on the spiritual side of death, and try to help people avoid the Underworld by destroying the connections that could form anchors.
Reaper: Reapers try to make the world a better place, either by murdering the guilty or haunting them until they change their ways.

We will start there and I will post more each night this week.

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:28 pm
Is it important how our Geist died or just the bound? Also, what time setting will this be in? I know in the changeling game I played it was the 2000's but due to how the hedge worked some people were playing characters from the 1930's and 1950's. Are all our characterless recently dead and back or could they have been trapped in the underworld for a few decades before they returned?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:06 am
Kowsauni
Is it important how our Geist died or just the bound? Also, what time setting will this be in? I know in the changeling game I played it was the 2000's but due to how the hedge worked some people were playing characters from the 1930's and 1950's. Are all our characterless recently dead and back or could they have been trapped in the underworld for a few decades before they returned?

A geist isn't formed of any one individual. Its a medley of ideas and ideals that escaped the underworld and found you. So it only matters how the bound died.

And geist still age at a normal rate. The time between death and reincarnation (Because a bound can be resurrected a total of 11 times if they play their cards right) usually isn't long. I will say for this campaign you can have died up to 3 times after your initial death if you really want to, but you still wouldn't be to terribly old.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:09 am
PupSage

Looking over the thresholds I'm looking to play a deep sea worker who died doing his job but looking at the thresh holds I don't think the forgotten matches the idea of the concept im thinking of a dude left to die at sea getting sea powers etc which would come from the stricken.

So without further waffling, would it be to adverse to choose one threshold for the powers involved but keeping the theme from another?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:45 pm
Mongooseh
PupSage

Looking over the thresholds I'm looking to play a deep sea worker who died doing his job but looking at the thresh holds I don't think the forgotten matches the idea of the concept im thinking of a dude left to die at sea getting sea powers etc which would come from the stricken.

So without further waffling, would it be to adverse to choose one threshold for the powers involved but keeping the theme from another?

They can overlap. I once played a gamer that slipped in the tub, hit hos head, and drowned. I could have gone with silent or forgotten.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:59 pm
PupSage

They can overlap. I once played a gamer that slipped in the tub, hit hos head, and drowned. I could have gone with silent or forgotten.

Cool so I'll go with Stricken

Virtue: Justice

Vice: Sloth

Archetype: Mourner  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:32 pm
Hrrrm. I cant decide between Rage and Caul yet.

But,
Threshold: Torn with Stigmata, Death by stabbing.

Virtue: Justice

Vice: Lust

Archetype: Reaper  

Ravanan

8,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:57 pm
Mongooseh

Ravanan

Alzzak

Kowsauni

Part 2 of our Character making extravaganza!

STATS!

Stats work the same as they do in every NWoD game, but for those of you who are unfamiliar with NWoD, stats are divided into 3 groups, as are skills, mental, physical, and social. Most Rolls require either 2 stats, such as Wits+Composure for a perception check, or one stat and one skill, such as Dexterity+Firearms to shoot a gun. The first stat in a set is about power, the second is finesse, and the third is your defense stat.

Mental Stats:
Intelligence - Book smarts. Mostly used for skills and attacks.
Wits - Gut instinct. Used for perception and physical defense. (The lowest of wits or composure is your defense stat.)
Resolve - Your ability to stick to your goals. Used to determine Willpower and resist supernatural powers that effect the mind. (Both are Resolve+Composure)

Physical Stats:
Strength - How hard you hit. Helps determine speed.
Dexterity - How agile you are. The other half of speed and defense.
Stamina - How much you can take. (Stamina + Size = HP)

Social Stats:
Presence - Your ability to be liked without using manipulation.
Manipulation - Your ability to manipulate others.
Composure - Your ability to not freak out under stress. Used to resist 90% of supernatural powers.

Now that you know the stats, all stats start at a base of 1. You pick one group to be your primary, social, mental, or physical. The primary gets 5 points to distribute, secondary gets 4, tertiary gets 3. Buying the 5th rank of ANY stat or skill cost 2 points, otherwise it only cost 1 pt.

SKILLS!

Mental
Academics
Computer
Crafts
Investigation
Medicine
Occult
Politics
Science

Physical
Athletics
Drive
Firearms
Larceny
Stealth
Survival
Weaponry

Social
Animal Ken
Empathy
Expression
Intimidation
Persuasion
Socialize
Streetwise
Subterfuge

Same as before, primary, secondary, tertiary, but they dont need to line up with your stat blocks. 11 for primary, 7 for secondary, 4 for tertiary and the fifth rank cost 2 pts.

Derivative Stats:

Size: 5 unless you plan on taking the Giant merit, then it would be 6.
Defense: The lowest of Wits or Dex
Initiative Mod: Dex + Composure
Speed: Size + Strength + Dex
Armor: You have none unless you get the appropriate merits and approve it with me.

Tomorrow I will cover Manifestations Psyche, Plasm, and Merits

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:40 pm
I am here racking my brain over a virtue, so my question... what kind of actions would be worthy of faith and hope?

Second, am I doing this right so far?

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1137990#  

Alzzak

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:02 pm
I'm trying to adapt this character I made from a Gothic Victorian campaign I ran a while back but I'm having difficultly adapting her to a modern setting.

She was originally the daughter to a pair of evil a aristocratic nobles who governed the surrounding area through murder and manipulation and fear. She fell love the gardener boy, but when her parents found out they had him beat within an inch of his life and promised to have him killed if she ever saw him again.

Naturally, they disobeyed this order and ignited the flames of rebellions in the townsfolk to get rid of her evil parents. Unfortunately, this led to an angry mob setting upon the manner where, the gardener boy died in the ensuing engagement and such was the wrath of the townsfolk that they killed the daughter along with her parents.

I can make everything work up until the the whole angry towns folk revolt against evil ruling aristocrats and murder them. Doesn't happen to much in modern times.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff