Submit

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:02 pm
Kahaina plodded around the teepee once, with Tahenek on his back to investigate the place and make sure all was well. Saloli had gone out to fetch some things, so he left them in charge of watching the teepee. How... exciting.

"Oh... so booooring." Tahenek flopped on his back with a great dramatic sigh, thinking of pretty shinies she wantd to find and keep.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:24 pm
Kahaina trotted along the riverbank, his friend and companion Tahenek on his back. Water splashe dmerrrily along when hooves hit water, passing along the way on his morning exercise. He ahd a long way to go in being able to mathc some fo the older Soquili, but he wasn't about to be easily outdone.

"Just gotta keep at it!" Tah chirped, keeping balanced and low. "Just have yo build that ability to endure, more then anything. Well built, but you lack lasting a bit."

"Getter better m'dear," he said with a slight laugh, turningto make his return trip in the dawn-light. "Couldn't do it without your inspiration and... well, nagging. Just gotta be more lucky though, and stop having little misfortune."

"S'why I'm here, Kahaina.... I'm the one who ctches onto others and watche sout for you. Well, and Saloli." She laughed lightly. "Silly human, always worried I'm keeping his things."  

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:50 pm
Saloli was at the river bank, washing some of his clothing as Kahaina was there with him, whistling merrily as he worked. A normal day, all in all, nothing unusual since the raccoon was still ever crafty and the horse ever-tranquil and relaxed.

Least, until he heard something, and looked up as Kahaina made a slight noise.

Kahaina had spotted the mvoement first, and alerted the human as soon as possible, without startling the other thign approaching. It was larger then a simple small animal, in fact, whatever it was was only a bit smaller then he.

He took a step forwards, towards the trees, head raised slightly.

Tahenek scurried voer as well, leaving Saloli's side to also look, glancing up at the stallion. "Waht what? Someone comes?!"

The movement paused as she caught the sound, and faltered a moment, then poked her head out. "Purity, wait," she whispered to her companion, loking out at the river where the water she desired was. She'd been roughing it here, since hse left her owner - cruel master that he was, and was growing weary. She needed water, wanted it badly, but... there were others here.

Her ears perked however as she spied anotehr Soquili. "Er... hello!"

Kahaina's ears twitched a moment, surprised by the fact it was a mare here, approaching. "Greetings," he said quietly, hoping not to startle her. "What are you here for? You are welcome to come out, no harm will come form me, or the others here. The human takes care of me, looks after me, and provides a home. he is friendly."

"I..." She stepped out slightly, eying Saloli cautiously. He was definitely different then the other who had her before. Very different looking. "I ran away from them, the two-leg people... one was so mean... and I met a friend, a lion. Kind he is... don't want harm to come to him... are you sure it's safe? I'm so very thirsty."

"I promise, he is good, and harms none of our kind or our friends, so long as he is not attacked." Kahaina bowed his head. "Please, trust him, he is a friend. He cares for all our kind deeply, and ... should you want... can stay with us, keep away the cruel one if they seek you still."

"Yes, yes, trust please!" Tahenek chipped, rocking on her back feet. "Person good, lets me keep shinies and feeds well! Cares deeply, would not mind another!"

Purity purred slightly, poking out at Minty's feet. "Well.... I would say they seem trustowrthy, better then the bear we met," he said, chuckling quietly. "If the other tries anything, I will protect you."

Saloli rose slowly, nodding at the mare. "It's alright, come on." He stepped away from the water, gesturing towards it. "I won't hurt you."

"It's fine, really... you can stay here, and recover, you look worn down."

Minty shifted a few times, before stepping out fully, untangling ehr hair form bushes. She crept to the waters edge and began to drink, enjoying the cool freshness of the water as it randown her throat.

"You should let him remove the bramble and branches fomr your hair," Kahaina said, observing his human carefully. "He will nto harm you, but it may help to have him look you over. Please, if you will?"

She looked warily at Saloli, and then to Kahaina. "I will trust your word.... I hope you are not wrong." She resumed drinking then, flicking ehr tail a moment.

Purity crept to thefar side fo Minty to drink, keeping her currently between himself and the human.

Saloli moved close, whsipering quietly soothing words and rested a hand carefully upon her. He frowned as he felt ehr tense, and nodded. She was skittish, likely form soemoen before. He pated her, and began working out the tangles in her main, freeing the branches form their hold. "It's alight little lady, we'll take care of you. No one's going to hurt you any more."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:18 pm
((*reserve - Zikeria's arrival*))  

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:44 pm
User Image

The sun set further behind the horizon letting the shadows creep about over things in its path. The moon was round as a large orb glowing radiantly on everything that it washed over. In the mist that rose from the darkened grass walked a lone female adorned with a shining white horn. Her mane and tail contrasting in a river of purples and blue. She walked smoothly feeling the ground sink around her sparkly hooves. The land seemed to have a song as she continued her walk feeling the spirits around her.

Stopping to gaze around she caught a scent of someone familiar. Reminicence of the night with a certain stallion reminded her who she was heading to see. Though this was unlike her as she kept her pace toward the human's teepee. Only once she had saw this grand creature and wondered if he still remembered her as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:03 pm
Kahaina was on one side fo the teepee, nipping a few pieces of grass, while the ladies were on the other, obviously up to no good with the occasional giggle wafting over. As he lowered his head he sensed something, and lifted up, to scan. It was then in the moonlight he saw her, and nodded slightly.

A gleam of light form the horn, the soft white coat, and hair the color of the twilight. Yes, he remembered that from soemwhere before. He walked slowly, putting distance from the teepee and the other two to greet her. He was surprised one had come, as no one ever did, but it was welcomed. It was better then listenign to those tow giggle all night.

"ah, Glory.... a pleasure to see you again." He bowed his head slightly, in polite repsect to the lady. "I rarely see any Soquili, particularly visitors I know here."

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:23 pm
Glory watched him with cyan orbs of pure rememberance. He had inspired her since his first entrance. Who couldn't be fond of a dashing stallion contrasting the golden lights and the purple contrast. Purely stunning and full of wonders his coat could speak for itself.

"Greetings Kahaina. I decided to venture out on my own for a bit. Though I feel saddened letting Kimi to be on her own." she frowned for a moment.

She smiled looking around the area noticing two females in conversation with an occassional giggle. One was brightly colored like a certain winged whom had started hanging around her own niche.

"How have you been? I mean its been awhile since you traveled into the area where we explored and grazed. Not many come to visit my home either..." she paused with a giggle, "they just end up staying there instead".

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:30 pm
He nodded slightly, glancing back to the two a moment. "I have been somewhat busy awhile... the green one, called Minty.... she needed some assurances as she had a former human who was cruel to her. But she gets along well now. It took some adjusting for her though to be used to it, and I was showing her around a bit."

He glanced to the sky then a moment, trailing the stars whcih glittered like the unicorn's eyes. "The other is a newer arrival, Zikeria. She lost her brother apaprently along the way... she's a tricky little one but I got ehr somewhat settled, and she's taken to Minty, so I've finally had some peace."

He drew a hoof across the ground ed, shfting his glance fo her. "Elsewise I may have gone exploring, rather then settlling in those I live with, but it is better then letting either be alone and fend for themselves sometimes. And you? Have you been well since our last meeting?" he titled his head slightly, looking her over to be sure she was in good health and free of problems, or tanlged branches in the mane. One as her should not suffer such, as ladies are to be honored and respected, and not treated as the ground below the hoof. Too many other stallions acted as they should onw the lady, when it wasn't such true. They were equals after all, at best. The ladies, sometimes more. After all, if one were a herd member, they would know.

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:46 pm
Glory listened intently as she hung onto each of his words. His voice was reassuring and wonderfully balanced. She noted the mare's names stopping dead center on the red one's namesake remembering the red male's banter of his sister Zikeria.

"Zikeria? Ooh that means that extravegant male living near us is her brother Zaribe." she nodded with a flick of her satin purple tail.

She thought on her adventures meeting the other soquili. Some stood out while others faded into murmers and distant memories. Kimi though had been a great addition in that treasured set she remembered. From the storm that rang through the land the ringtail had seemingly arrived like a ghost in the night. So frightened as her eyes shimmered in that errie orange gaze. Her words triggered in strange sounds and sentences but understandable.

"I've been hanging out with my mother's herd though I wanted to learn more about the world on my own. I befriended a mare from another land named Kimimela as well. she's very friendly but so backwards to our ways here in routine and speech."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:29 pm
"Ah..." He glanced at the two chattering females hiding by the teepee and nodded. "Yes, that sounds about right. She's been a bit worried but... well, she's been getting used to this place somewhat. She's a bit odd at times, but nice none-the-less. I'm sure hearing her brother is safe will assure her of things."

He shook his head slightly then to clear his thoughts, and looked at her. "I've been here with thw two ladies to get them adjusted, mostly. Now that they seem to be getting along and staying out of large amounts of mischief, I feel safe leaving them. I feared Minty being alone awhile, as she was quite skittish awhile about the night noises, even with her lion friend." He seemed slightly bemused. "I suppose my having been raised here has some effect. It is different for others, who do not come from around the area so much."

The sparkle of light off the water caught his atention, and he turned slightly. "If you wish, we can tread a bit further away, then linger here so close to the teepee if it bothers you. I could use the time away from here now. Tis a very quiet night indeed, and peaceful."

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:11 pm
The night reflected Glory's interest in her company she sought. The sparkling star along with the gallant gaze of the glowing moon. She swished her tail back and forth contently without even one thought on trying to spread her wings and fly into the night. Kahaina was an Earth dweller as she so it was correct not to try what another could not achieve. Besides a sore rump wasn't worth the tears and frustration it gave to liveout a dream either.

"I think giving a bit of space between your roomates would be considerate." she smiled warmly nodding her spiral at him as it shimmered a pure silver in the reflection of the heavenly light from above.

"I'll be sure and let Zaribe know his sister is here when I return eventually. For now I think a walk would do me some good." she noted looking at the alternating fireflies as they danced around them.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:31 pm
He nodded slightly, stilling a moment as a firefly landed on his nose to flicker a moment before taking wing once more. He led the way at a slow pace, heading away from the teepee on a route he knew well along the river's length.

"It is defintiely nice to get away, without any others I see daily about," he noted, enjoying the cool breeze the flickered up a moment. "I've missed roaming about, and meeting others, to be honest. But those I have I have wondered about."

He flicked his tail a moment, in thought. "I don't recall," he said carefully, looking to her, "that I ever caught exactly where to find you before, either. Not that I mind exploring, of course. I've missed it, to be honest. But now things are settling. I guess it's my nature to lok after others soemwhat and be sure all is well. I dislike to see others in distress."

He glanced to the river then, looking for the area he normally corssed over through, a very shallow, wide stretch which would take them to the other side before they found the mud banks.

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:25 am
The night was calm as the fireflies danced in merry little waltzes amongst themselves stopping only a few short seconds to land on the unicorn's horn then flit off again. She followed the royal dark stallion making sure her footing did not waver as they carried on further from the teepee he resided at.

"Well I live up towards the mountains, just short of the forest in a nice wooded clearing. Its pretty dense when it comes to the rainfalls and winter snow", she nodded as she followed him towards the river.

She pondered the clearing where her mother "the ice mare" had chosen. No nettles that were ever sharp entered that sanctuary. The two maidens that lived in a teepee not too far off left various things for them sometimes such as apples, blankets, etc.

"There is a bunch of Soquili living in that clearing, all different races might I add. I get amused by the flutters since they are smaller than the rest of us, she mused as she traveled onward, "which reminds me the quiet one is expecting real soon." she smiled with an air of curiosity to her own statement.

She noticed the crossing then waiting to see what he was planning on doing. It was nice to go on walks with others. Beats the lonliness that surrounds everything in the lack of a friend or companion.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:29 pm
"I've heard of the flutters," he said evently, knocking a sharp rock out of the walkway a moment. "Never laid eyes upon one myself."

He paused a moment at the crossing, eying the other side of the river to be sure it was clear before proceeding. Ocassionally bears or other animals were over that way, and he dare not stray into the path of a ferocious one tonight.

"The mountains seem lovely, but I like the openness here, and the water. Aside, inclines are not as fun for running along as it is down here in the flatter regions." He made his way carefully, making sure no rocks had become unstable or new debris had not collected.

"Athough I was surprised at Zikeria's arrival... I'd never seen one of our kind with wings. It was... different. But she's all the same as any other in personality to me." He laughed quietly. "We are such diverse looking, yet... alike. It is something to think about some nights when one is alone. I think when I have nothing else."

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:57 pm
Her footing held nicely though the ground in some areas had turned almost quite soft in places. Still it seemed that her hooves no matter how much mud never once stained with the darkened hue of the wet dirt.
It wasn't bothersome either so she didn't pay attention. Eyes of crystaline blue stayed gued to her chaperone as the continued onward.

"Well Zaribe is very interesting just like Zikeria. Funny to say I thought she was him for a moment standing with Minty" she smiled tossing her head as a firefly bounced off her velvety nose. The air was quite cool for the summer which reminded Glory of her mother; the ice mare.

"So big question of the evening is what do you think of the unicorns?" she mused watching him with interest, "I've been told we're really special yet I've also heard of winged unicorns. Imagine that ones that can fly." she said tossing her head as another firefly bounced about. She was content yet she was waiting for that spiral to draw its cue and begin that god awful itching once more.

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff