Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
harvest moon sandbox (recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

if i get this built would you play it?
yes
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
maybe
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:06 am
I'm wholly aware of how handle animal works in the pathfinder system. I'm just saying the skill could be adapted to be used to a RF type taming system.

I don't think a taming system for animals would game breaking at all and would add another interesting level of depth to the game.

Earthmates, they are not really a race. The games don't deal a really good job explaining what that is. Basically, its a person who is bonded with the earth, which in turns makes you a good farmer. All the main characters from the RF games are earthmates.

There's really not a lot of information on Univers. They were only in one game (rune factory 3). they considered themseves a monster race even though they looked completely human with a unicorn horn. They lived out in a settlement in the desert that was also populated by other monsters. A major part of the main story was to get the Univer tribe and the human town to stop their feuding. I'll review the pathfinder races and see which one I feel they most closely resemble.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:51 pm
both post 1 and 2 have been updated.  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Einsamwulf

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:57 pm
After looking through the thread it seems I'm the only one whose actually played a lot of both HM and RF hahaha so I'll just give my two cents. mrgreen

Firstly, If you want to implement both RF and HM I think you maybe you should allow people to decide whether or not they want to mostly do ranching/farming (( think of like tale of two towns ))

If you are going to do a more RF RP instead then how are you going to implement the four season dungeon planting, especially if there are multiple people playing. Monster ranching, taming, and fighting would defiantly add more excitement for RPers but ultimately more work to you. Then I guess if you where doing dungeons you'd have to figure out the prices for upgrade and buying weapons.

For HM, I was thinking that the main reason could be similar to "friends of mineral town" where an old man sends you letters and when you go to check his farm *gasp* he past away and you are one of his successors and you have to compete against the other successors to see who succeeds the farm knew this was a bad idea even before I typed it Mostly the problem for this game is deciding the amount of time it takes to grow the plants and how much things would cost to buy and sell. I would think that if you where to create a HM RP you'd have to focus on the character interactions to make it more entertaining for RPers.

Anyways, I think the weather system is ingenious, Llamas, are you going to do the 101 Harvest sprites system or 'hire' them like in the other games, Apples, Grapes, Are you going to include Mineral town as well or re-make Forget-me-not Valley so then you don't need to rely on Van/Takakura, Are you going to use the blue feather to propose, normal pets like the dog/cat, turnips, and technically Harvest Moon / Rune Factory does have a 'system' of leveling up your love (( like +100, love + 500, dislike -100, etc. )) I just don't exactly know which level equates to which heart. Also, I think It'd be a good idea to keep all player characters as Earthmates / Farmers

Kowsauni

Isn't rubbing the Wooly exactly like buying the Sheep except faster? (( and more painful wink )) How would it add another level to the RP experience more then the Cow, Chicken, or Horse?

I think they tried to explain it that they have a bond with the earth which enable them to grow things but yeah they never really explained it well... nor about Raven or the Univirs...

Okay that's all I can think of for now, I'll make sure to keep an eye on this because I love both series lol  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:25 pm
Kuro_nee-chan
Firstly, If you want to implement both RF and HM I think you maybe you should allow people to decide whether or not they want to mostly do ranching/farming (( think of like tale of two towns ))

who says I won't let them? this is a sandbox, if it devolves into an us vs. them (like in tales of two towns) then it will. a person won't be forced to do anything. and elements will be taken from RF but not the game itself.

to make it clearer when I say sandbox I mean the sims.

I will comment on the rest later when I get my thoughts collected. if you reread my others posts some of your questions will be answered.  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:47 pm
Alright then I’m nice and collected. some of you don’t seem to understand so I’ll tell you how I understand it;

I have been to several different RP guilds in gaia and also played a few text based RPGs. The ‘DM’ mainly acts as a moderator and the players get to do what they want (for the most part). God moding tends to be a problem in most gaia guilds, which might be why they die off with time. It is quite an achievement for this guild to have kept running for so long. Perhaps it’s just DnD or perhaps it has actual rules. If my idea is implemented we will find out.

I’ll have side stories ready and set for you when you start. I’ll even have NCPs running around making your lives fun and interesting but you are free and encouraged to rp yourselves. This is a drop and drop out style with me acting a both a player and moderator. The DnD aspect will help prevent god modding. Whether I get 5 or 50 members on here you are welcome to come and go. I am offering an idea that’s a small change of pace from the normal, and due to a rather positive (if uncertain) response the idea is likeable.

When in combat with NCPs or in dungeons I will be acting as DM

So then…..
1. Llamas, if placed, will be treated like sheep

2. Time will always be a problem as you guys like to cling in groups of rather large numbers, weather fighting or growing crops sometimes game time needs to slow down (or stop). There will be a set time for growth (and to let you all know you only have to roll for animal care and crop tending every once in a while [you must roll at least once]. If you are at home I will assume you character is doing it without being told or rolled)

3. many of your rapid questions can be answered by rereading my posts. Fruits for example I implied that there would be some when I said ‘coming soon’……

4. the setting is only in forget-me-not valley it is not the game itself. Think of it as predating the game in the timeline and you get to help build the valley that is to be. This is a sandbox after all. The theme is HM not RF and while I am willing to add elements from RF the theme will stay HM.

5. I will have NCPs you can marry but you might also want to consider your fellow players too…..

6. as a prewarning I will not post every mechanic in this game on this thread. I will either post on a journal or in another thread in a, hopefully, future subforum. This thread is for an idea or concept.

7. pets or familiars will be in the game. Not sure what form they will take yet.

8. if I get the people or we run out of things to do mineral town will be used. currently it is inaccessible.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:25 pm
Just wondering what ever happened to this?  

Xun Ira

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:32 pm
Xun Ira
Just wondering what ever happened to this?

nothing happened, which is why your posting so i'll be more specific. the main 2 posts will be updated tomorrow. at which time I will also ask for a subforum made for the game.

it is not that I abandoned my idea but just stopped posting on this thread.  
Xenar1 rolled 18 6-sided dice: 1, 1, 6, 2, 6, 3, 5, 3, 5, 5, 3, 4, 6, 6, 3, 6, 2, 2 Total: 69 (18-108)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:41 pm
updated the postings

enjoy cat_smile

also I need 3 volunteers;

1, Ying / elf druid (Xenar1)

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

panic_memors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:38 am
Xenar1

I'll volunteer....but what am I volunteering for? razz  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:47 am
Xenar1
also I need 3 volunteers;

Consider me volunteered?

Edit: Nevermind ;u;/  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:09 am
I shall volunteer...

is it up to us if we choose first or second level?  
Xun Ira rolled 18 6-sided dice: 2, 3, 6, 5, 4, 3, 1, 6, 3, 5, 1, 4, 2, 4, 2, 1, 2, 3 Total: 57 (18-108)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:12 am
Dice

2, 3, 6 = 11
5, 4, 3 = 12
1, 6, 3 = 10
5, 1, 4 = 10
2, 4, 2 = 8
1, 2, 3 = 6

1, 2, 6 = 9
3, 1, 4 = 8

Lets see what I can make with this  

Xun Ira

Xun Ira rolled 6 6-sided dice: 1, 2, 6, 3, 1, 4 Total: 17 (6-36)

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:14 am
Re roll two  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:00 pm
Xun Ira
I shall volunteer...

is it up to us if we choose first or second level?

yes, while I wanted to start at 1 myself due to rp reasons I can't stand most games* that give you a 'blank slate' of a middle aged character so level 2 it was. a little experience under your belt but not 'famous' or 'renown'.

as for those who don't know what they are volunteering for....

just send in your character sheets, you'll understand soon enough.

*I mean regular console/computer games.  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:10 pm
btw I forgot to mention one or two things;

1. you don't need to put one's 'career' onto the character sheet. I just need to know for starting supplies.

2. since there will be fighting (depending on what you do might be a little or a lot) you can start with weapons and armor equal to 55 standard DnD gold.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff