Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
3.5e DnD - The Hunt (CLOSED) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:28 am
Reroll 1's just once...sorry. Basically its like a second chance to see if you get a better result. No third or forth chances though. Unfortunately.

Edit: You hadn't edited yet. Carry on. Ignore me.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:39 am
iLL iNTENT
Rerolling those 1s

6, 3, 4, 3 = 13
2, 3, 6, 6 = 15
6, 4, 4, 3 = 14
1, 2, 6, 4 = 12
6, 5, 3, 3 = 14
5, 2, 2, 2 = 9

Ugh, not great but I've had worse.
...I think.

Anywho, I'll poke around a bit and see what I can manage with this.
When you say ANY race allowed, do you mean ANY, or any of the standard races?

I'll let you reroll that last set, but, if it is lower than a 9 you keep it. With no reroll of 1's this time around. The choice is yours. *maniacal laughter*

And that goes for anyone who's final stat is 9 or less.

As to your question about race, as long as it doesn't have a level adjustment and is in the SRD I'm happy to have an odd range of characters.  

BegrudginglyGood

iLL iNTENT rolled 4 6-sided dice: 3, 6, 1, 6 Total: 16 (4-24)

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:42 am
BegrudginglyGood
iLL iNTENT
Rerolling those 1s

6, 3, 4, 3 = 13
2, 3, 6, 6 = 15
6, 4, 4, 3 = 14
1, 2, 6, 4 = 12
6, 5, 3, 3 = 14
5, 2, 2, 2 = 9

Ugh, not great but I've had worse.
...I think.

Anywho, I'll poke around a bit and see what I can manage with this.
When you say ANY race allowed, do you mean ANY, or any of the standard races?

I'll let you reroll that last set, but, if it is lower than a 9 you keep it. With no reroll of 1's this time around. The choice is yours. *maniacal laughter*

And that goes for anyone who's final stat is 9 or less.

As to your question about race, as long as it doesn't have a level adjustment and is in the SRD I'm happy to have an odd range of characters.

Sure, I'm feeling brave, I'll give it a shot

6, 3, 4, 3 = 13
2, 3, 6, 6 = 15
6, 4, 4, 3 = 14
1, 2, 6, 4 = 12
6, 5, 3, 3 = 14
3, 6, 1, 6 = 15

Muuuuch better

Hmm, I'm in a fightin' mood. I might make a monk with these stats. Maybe even a fighter or a barbarian. I've never made one of those before, lol, so we'll see. Definitely a combat character though.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:45 am
Your courage has been rewarded. Well done you.  

BegrudginglyGood

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:56 am
Also, if there is 3.5 supplement that you really love and would be eternally grateful for me allowing, just PM me and I'll have a look.

As long as someone without the books can view it, I'll likely allow it. I might just have to restrict racial choices, or some other things to keep it even.  
Gideon Commando rolled 3 12-sided dice: 11, 2, 6 Total: 19 (3-36)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:10 am
Hp  

Gideon Commando

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:14 am
Frank for your viewing pleasure. Not totally fleshed out, but there's the major stuff.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:34 am
Would playing a Kenku be acceptable? They're from the Monster Manual III and have no level adjustment. They don't have any weird abilities either. They get bonuses when using the 'aid another' action, and get an increased flanking bonus. They also have the ability to mimic sounds they hear with perfect accuracy, but that's just about it.

Since Xellos took the melee route, I thought I'd stick with a combat character, but focus on ranged damage instead, and make a Scout. The scout is in the Complete Adventurer book, but that link has all the info for anyone without access to the book.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:01 am
Nnnn...despite my better judgement, I think I might make a char for this...curse you, love of making characters! >.<  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:43 am
That would be fine iLL.

Now, Ballards Bluff is port city, and as such in this part of the world has a wonderful range of races and professions etc.

Just come up with a good reason for the odder races to be there and I'm happy.  

BegrudginglyGood

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:46 am
BegrudginglyGood

BegrudginglyGood
Your courage has been rewarded. Well done you.

I found that exchange far too endearing. A DM after me own heart.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:47 am
Hmm...that Favored Soul class looks interesting...might be leaning towards that instead of a Cleric.  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

iLL iNTENT rolled 3 8-sided dice: 2, 5, 5 Total: 12 (3-24)

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:38 am
Rolling HP  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:46 am
I have a question pertaining to gear. Let's say I purchase a magic Composite Shortbow, with a +1 Str bonus. At level 8, I can increase my Str from 13 to 14, giving me a +2 bonus.

My question is, would you allow me to make a Craft check or pay a bowmaker the cost difference between a +1 composite shortbow, and a +2 composite shortbow to increase the tension (therefore increasing my Str bonus to my arrows) or would I just have to buy a new magic composite shortbow all together?  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:47 am
Ok, incoming half-elf favored soul. Rolled my scores here, rerolled a 1 in it, and the hp rolls are further down on that page as well, labeled as such. I tend to do a lot of random picks for ideas/decisions, so you can ignore the rest of that stuff lol.

Just need to pick feats, spells, and equipment, but I'll have to do that when I get home, cuz that's gonna involve some book perusing and I can't pull that off at work lol.

edit: damn, just realized that you've limited it to the SRD....favored soul is in the Complete Divine...does this work for "accessible"? If not, I can switch to a cleric or paladin.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff