Reply Teepees
[IC] =Youkochylde's Teepee= Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Youkochylde

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:45 am
Winter was a time of quiet and regrowth. Inali refused to believe that it was a time of death... after all, the trees and animals weren't dead, they were simply regaining their strength for the coming year. Now, however, that winter was fading into spring, and he had thrown open the flap of his teepee to welcome in the slightly chilled air. There was still a fire going in the pit in his teepee, to keep away the cold that lingered in the morning. However, with the flaps open, the musty, stale air that had accumulated was driven out and he took in a deep breath with a smile.

Now was the time for cleaning things out and getting ready for the year to come. Soon would come the hunt, and the gathering of food. The winter stores were starting to dwindle, and nearly everyone was itching to get out and about again. Furs were being brought out and hung in the sun, the dust and dirt beaten out of them. Rugs and pottery were out as well, being shaken or cleaned out. Inali was no different, and he had brought out a now-empty basket to shake the remaining kernels of corn loose as well as a large pot that he'd kept water in. When the basket was upended and left to soak up the sun, he dragged the pot towards the river to clean it out as well.

That was when he'd spotted the first one.

Sitting there, beneath a tree and half hidden by shrubbery, was a tan-coloured basket. Finely woven, it was obvious that this was no ordinary basket... at least it was obvious to anyone of the Kawani village. It was a Soquili basket, carefully sealed to protect the new life inside. At first, he simply sat beside it, waiting for its mother to return... or the one who had been entrusted with the youngling's care. But as the afternoon sun started to slope down towards the horizon, he began to wonder if this little one had a caretaker at all. He wasn't going to just leave it here... the forest's hunters were also waking from their sleep and would be hungry. With that in mind, he reached up, unfastening a necklace from around his throat and left it tied around the tree. It would at least let an owner know that the basket had been taken, and if they wished it returned, the necklace would lead them to the village. From there, anyone could tell them who it belonged to. With that 'note' left in place, Inali scooped up the basket and began to take it home. He'd return for the pot in a while.

Settling the basket took a bit more than he thought it would... he wanted it to be near the fire for warmth, but not too close that it would burn. Once he finally had it in the right spot, he smiled to himself and went back towards the river to gather up the water pot. He filled it and carried it home, lugging it into the teepee and setting it aside.

When he turned towards the fire to stretch the muscles of his back... he noted with a bit of incredulity that there were now TWO baskets by the fire. Blinking, he moved to sit in between them, staring at first one, then the other. There was no way of knowing how the second basket had gotten here... no foot or hoof prints leading to the teepee other than his own. It was a curious situation, to say the least...

The second basket was the opposite of the first in every way. It was dark, where the other was light. It seemed to soak up the heat while the other radiated it. Sighing, Inali moved to rest one hand on each basket. "If you both stay..." he whispered, smiling faintly as his fingers ran over the woven reeds. "I do believe this will be a very blessed home indeed."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:47 am
The days had been... interesting since the baskets' arrivals. Inali wiped his brow, finally getting the skin of his teepee settled against the poles once more. It had been a difficult move, form the village to the river. But it had been a necessary one. Word had spread that a Kalona mare had taken great interest in the darker of the two baskets, and Inali had found himself ostracised more and more by the minute. No one wanted a Kalona near them or their families.

The decision had been made to move away from the village, Inali packing up his things and moving them bit by bit on his own. There was no one to help him, not that anyone would truly choose to. He didn't blame them. If this basket truly did contain a Kalona, then he had to wonder if he had truly gone insane to keep it. Still, he couldn't just leave it out in the open where anything could harm it. So, he decided to keep it and nurture it just as the other.

He kept them warm... he spoke to them often, retelling stories that he remembered from his own youth. He played the flute for them, the music calming him greatly... and he hoped it did for them as well. It was really all he could do with them in this state, and he wondered how long they would remain as baskets.

It turned out that he didn't have long to wait at all.

It happened the day after the move. He had gone the now shorter distance to the river, fishing for a fresh meal. He was VERY tired of dried meat by this point. He returned in the early afternoon, a string of fish by his side, and was surprised to see a soft buckskin bay colt standing on shakey legs in the middle of the teepee.

The colt was rather surprised too, and let out a squeal, trying to scamper back. In the process, he tripped over the darker basket, landing sprawled on his rump. A soft scree brought Inali to look towards the side, where the white hawk was perched on one of the pots of water. "I take it that you're his then?" Inali asked softly, knowing that neither animal could truly understand him. He moved then to set the fish aside and scooped a few handfuls of dried corn out of one of the baskets he kept. Putting the corn in a bowl, he moved to set it on the floor near the colt and then curled up to watch.

The colt moved forward a bit warily at first, then started to eat the corn gratefully. Baskets were well and good... but this was SO much better!

That was when Inali noticed the horn on the colt's forehead and sucked in a breath of surprise. A unicorn! "Ballestra.." he whispered, smiling just a bit as he reached forward slowly. "Your name will be Ballestra." It took a few tries, the man reaching and the colt shying away, before his hand came into contact with one soft ear and started to pet the colt's fur.

Rather quickly, Ballestra decided that this was a GOOD thing, and leaned into the petting as he crunched on the corn.

That was when the second basket opened. Well, exploded would be a better term. Where Ballestra's basket was simply tilted and askew, the darker one seemed to kick the top off, and all they saw at first were four dark hooves. They seemed normal enough... and Inari had started to breathe a sigh of relief that he had been wrong.

Then the colt stood up and shook himself off.

Dark fur, pale mane, a sinuous tail that lashed behind him... and the leather-like wings that stretched out, all made Inali involuntarily freeze in place.

"Kalona..." he whispered, half closing his eyes in regret. The village had been right. A snort answered him, and he glanced up to see a pair of crimson eyes glaring at him balefully. "I see," he replied, moving to gather up another bowl of corn.

Arrogant or no... hunger was hunger. The colt shoved his nose into the bowl, eating as he watched the other Soquili and the human in wary regard. It didn't mean he would have to stay after he was done, right?  

Youkochylde

Youkochylde

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:23 am
Thread RP - The two Kalona meet. Ballestra and Wyvern's attitude towards each other is revealed.

Starts on this page:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8679214&page=3506  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:15 am
Thread RP - Ballestra gets to meet others!

I started in on this page:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8679214&page=3855  

Youkochylde

Youkochylde

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:54 pm
((This started out OOC and we kept it there... but it was too amusing to let slip by.))

((Helaku: O.O *stares at all the foals*))

((Foals: *All stare back at Helaku* O.O ))

(( Rahu: >_> too many foals!!! *hides before one finds him* ))

((Attack of the foals, huh Helaku. =P))

(( Allure: Stuff to play with! *bounds after Rahu* ))

(( Rahu : >_> darn it they are not suppost to like me *runs* ))

(( Rahu: *eyes Eachann* fear you, yeah right *continues to run from the other foal* ))

(( Allure: *gets distracted by Chitsa and TACKLES!*

Hiiiii! ))

(( Rahu: *stops running* >_> good it stoped coming at me ))

((Wyvern: *Snorts at Rahu* Wuss.))

(( Rahu: *snorts* whatever ))

((Wyvern: Hey, I'M not the one running from something 1/3 my size.))

(( Rahu: *snorts again* well if you keep that up, i dont think i'll be the one running ))

((Wyvern: *One brow lifts* Why should I run? I don't see anything here to be afraid of. Especially not a so-called stallion who's afraid of foals.))

((Rahu: *gives a wicked grin and takes a step towards Wyvern* well then i think i will have to give you something to be afraid of since you asked for it. ))

((Wyvern: *Snorts, letting his hooves brace apart as the sinuous tail lashes behind him. The Kalona's not about to back down from this, and his wings mantle slightly as he bares fangs.* Lemme know when you get someone else to do it for you.))

(( Rahu: *snorts* if you think that intimidates, then your wrong little boy and i dont take anything from little cocky foals ))

((Wyvern: *Snickers softly* I'm not trying to intimidate you. And you're failing miserably if you think you scare me. That's why I said to let me know when someone else can show up and scare me FOR you, since you're so inept at it. Why don't you go find a butterfly to terrorize? Might be more your speed until you get better at it.))

(( Rahu : *snorts* like i was truely trying to scare you, and besides your just a little punk anyways, who is better off trying to terrorize a fly. ))

((Aruna: -eyes Wyvern and Rahu- Bairn? -glances around for her brother. -nods to Wyvern and Rahu- Hi. I'm Aruna. -gives both males a skeptic look- You two are weird. -grins at Wyvern- What are you? You're very interesting.))

((Bairn: I'm right here Aruna *smiles*))

((Wyvern: *Smirks* But you see... I'm not the one supposedly TRYING to terrorize others. So you can sit there all day and try to make comments about it and it won't phase me. *Shakes his head slightly* Unintimidating AND stupid... it's a wonder how the race has survived this long with bloodlines like yours.))

((Aruna: -runs to her brother- Don't you think those two are strange? -indicates Wyvern and Rahu- Why are they fighting?))

(( Rahu: *eyes Wyvern* i'll defentaly have to get you for you stupid little comments, and MY bloodline is not like those other weakling Soquili. ))

((Bairn: *stares at Rahu and Wyvern* Oh no! I don't like fights. It's better to just get along with everyone instead of argueing, right Aruna?))

((Wyvern: *Eyes widen a bit in mock fear* Ooooohhh... *He goes back to his normal cocky stance then and lets a wry smile cross his face.* That's getting better. Next time, make sure it's believeable. Maybe you could try holding one of the human's spears in your teeth or something... it would serve a twofold purpose. For one, it would make your innane drivel less audible. For two, it's common for the weaker species to use weapons for intimidation when natural talent fails them.))

((Aruna: Fights? -shrugs- I don't exactly care, but they're getting on my nerves. -is already annoyed- I agree with you, Bairn. You act like Dad. -smiles-))

((Bairn: They're scaring me. *hides behind Aruna and whimpers* Can you get them to stop? And I act like Dad because I'm going to grow up to be him! *idolizes Hania* ))

(( Rahu: *snorts* like i would ever go around a low life human, much less use an item they use. and please do keep your little comments coming since it seems you love doing that ))

((Aruna: -smiles- You do that. And I'll do this! -trots over to Rahu and Wyvern- Hey! You two! -stares both straight in the eyes- You're scaring my brother! Stop fighting! And you're annoying me! -glares- I have no intention of intimidation, but I swear that I'll give you something you'll never forget!))

((Wyvern: Oh I will. You're giving me an endless supply of wit today, I should thank you. But that's about as likely to happen as you growing a pair overnight, so don't hold your breath. *Slants his gaze to Aruna for a moment and rolls his eyes.* Go away, little girl.))

(( Rahu: *glares and bares teeth* if you like you can stop me, i would love to see you try it ))

((Bairn: *stares at Aruna* How are you able to do that? What if they hurt you? *whimpers* ))

((Aruna: -coolly at Rahu- I doubt a stallion like you would have the pride to fight a young filly like me. Now calm down and show your superior adultness by ignoring this idiot over here. -eyes Wyvern- I'm no more little than you, dolt. Don't make me do what I refuse to absolutely do against other fellow kin. -at Bairn- I've learned a thing or two on my wanderings. -winks- If I get hurt, well, I'll let Dad take over.))

(( Rahu: *rolls his eyes in anoyance* ))

((Wyvern: *Snickers a bit and motions with his head towards Aruna while looking at Rahu* You could take lessons from her. At least she's more creative, although vague.))

((Aruna: -nods to Wyvern- I expect that from you; your rebelliousness, but from an adult? Now that's just silly. What are your names, by the way? I am Aruna. A pleasure to meet the both of you.))

(( Rahu: *snorts* i dont take orders or lessons from little foals or anyone. *glares at Wyvern* ))

((Wyvern: *Snickers* Maybe you should start taking lessons. Your words might actually have some effect then. *Without answering the filly's question, he inclines his head to both.* Do have fun in your little chat. I'm sure you both have quite a bit in common. *With that, he flicks his tail and turns to leave.* ))

((Aruna: -eye twitches- Whatever. Dolts like you -flicks an ear at Wyvern- aren't worth my words, anyway. You, -nods to Rahu- really COULD take a lesson or two. You're never too old to learn, and that cliche is quite right at the moment to say.))

((Rahu: *ignors both foals and walks off* ))

(Aruna: -smiles to herself- And my goal is accomplished. -laughs softly as she watches the two walk away-))  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:57 pm
((Reserved))  

Youkochylde

Youkochylde

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:28 pm
((Reserved!

Samus and PGM, one of you can start now. :3

I do ask that you turn your sigs OFF in here, please? Makes things look neater.

POSTING ORDER:

PGM
Samus
Me
DED

If anyone else wants to join in, please ask me first, in thread or in PM and ASK. Thanks!

RP is: OPEN.))  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:35 pm
((Youko, I don't think we can without turning it off in the other threads. sweatdrop And I'll start.))

Aruna was off wandering again. She'd stolen away from her teepee, since her father and human friend were sleeping. They liked to take naps a lot, and she could never figure out why. Hopefully, she could get back without being caught. She hoped she didn't run into anyone dangerous... Then again, what was she worried about? If she did wander into something dangerous, she could always fight it off.

Somehow. With hooves or teeth, it didn't matter! Words, of course, were always a vital part, so maybe verbally she could fight. She was very good at verbal fights, since she could always convince her father to let her do things he usually wouldn't let her do... Of course, it could be because Hania was such a softheart for foals, no matter what attitude they had. She smiled at the thought of her father as she finally stopped to check her surroundings.

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:42 pm
Rahu was wandering about as usualy. after a while he started to wonder where he had wandered off too although he was not too worryed where he was. looking about where he was, he noticed a foal. "great" he mumbled, in annoyance. Foals where one thing he really never liked to deal with much although there was one that seemed to like him for some odd reson.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:49 pm
"Wyvern..." Ballestra was standing in the long grass near the river and peering up over the tops to stare at the movement that was growing closer. "Who're they?" He had caught sight of a dark Soquili, and another that nearly disappeared into the grass, much as he happened to. Sometimes, it STUNK to not be able to see over the grass.

The Kalona colt lifted his head from the water where he was guzzling down a cool drink. "How the hell should I know," he snarled, flicking his tail in annoyance. "I swear, you're an idiot at times..." Still, he was curious now and moved to stand near the unicorn, narrowing his eyes at the two in the distance. Oh wonderful.... his mind provided, as recognition set it. It's THEM.

"You know them, don't you?" Ballestra prodded, tail whipping behind him in excitement as his hooves started to drum against the ground. Maybe THEY'D like to play, since Wyvern was about as fun as a rock.

"Shut up." The Kalona wasn't admitting anything, and turned back to the river to finish getting a drink before they got here. They'd likely wind up fouling up HIS water, so he'd better finish now.  

Youkochylde

oo Ded
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:52 pm
((Wewt rp <3
It's still alright if I rp, right?))
The albino wandered around the trees, a sheer look of boredom sprawled on her face. She yawned and circled in the shade, eyes set on the ground before her. She sighed and looked up in hopes of spotting someone she knew.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:56 pm
Aruna scrunched up her muzzle as three scents--two familiar, one unfamiliar--hit her nose. Oh no. Don't tell me I wandered to HIS place! She moved passed the grass, and indeed, there, the stallion Rahu, and the Kalona colt, Wyvern both appeared before her. Next to Wyvern was another colt, a friendly looking one.

He seems to be the only one who actually seems nice! Frowning, Aruna looked around to see if she could move on. She couldn't. She would have to go forward... Hm? She blinked as another scent hit her nose. How many of us are here? It was the scent of another filly, but she didn't recognize it, nor could she find the owner of the scent. She narrowed her eyes. Just... great.

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:01 pm
Rahu snorted as he remebered who the filly was and noticed the foul mouthed brat Wyvern. he also saw a colt with Wyvern who he never met and then noticed Keayln who always seemed to follow him about. glaring, he did not like having run in with all these foals.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:08 pm
"HI!!" Ballestra called out to the filly as she approached, then started to bound over the grass towards her. It was almost amusing, to see a horse making the gazelle-like movements. His hooves would barely touch the ground before he leapt up again, keeping his head over the top of the grass. That was when he saw the rotted out tree that had fallen during the last storm, RIGHT in his path. The colt let out a sharp whinny, using the last few feet to gain speed before he launched into the air, his hooves tucking beneath him. He might have been able to do it with more warning... but this time, he wasn't so lucky and went down with an 'OOF!', disappearing into the grass.

Almost immediately, there was an avian shriek from overhead and a large white hawk dove out from one of the trees, swooping towards the fallen colt and landing on the fallen log. Now, while the colt himself couldn't be seen, the bird could, his head peeking up from the tops of the grass.

Lifting his head, Wyvern frowned towards the wretch and the noise he made, pausing just long enough to see the hawk land. Well, if the colt was injured, the birdbrain would be panicking. That must mean he was alright. "Damn," Wyvern snorted, giving himself a good shake before starting to walk into the grass. "I wouldn't be lucky enough for you to break your fool neck." That was when he caught the scent of yet ANOTHER foal nearby. Rolling his eyes, he moved off slightly, keeping all three within his sight. "The only way today could get better is if it rains..." and looking up at the clear sky with its hint of a puffed cloud here and there, he had no doubt that the weather was mocking him too.  

Youkochylde

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces