Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[4e] Ca-anas Revisited [5/5 - Full] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:34 pm
Feel Good MD
Rain Yupa
@ MD: Copycat!

Also, I played a Tiefling Shaman in a game once. My spirit companion was a hellbeast.

Well its not my fault that its a very efficient way of making a character without having to make the most mind wracking decisions razz The roll of the dice. Was it much fun? Ive never played a Shaman before.

It was one of Joedude's games, before he disappeared for months; as such, it kind of died. I wish I could have explored the character more, though. I made the spirit companion be as efficient as possible (with feats and powers), leaving my Tiefling utterly useless so I could have him cowering in fear of this demonic creature that haunts him daily. Meanwhile, the hellbeast, who is actually bonded to/protecting the tiefling, killed anything that threatened him.

I enjoyed the character concept.

I've found Shamans play one of three ways: Have your spirit do everything; have your spirit do the healing and you do the fighting; or you and the spirit co-op like a ranger and his/her beast companion.

EDIT: I also like to diceroll my race/class (and sometimes build) when I don't have something set that I want to play, to force me to exercise my creativity muscles and see what I can come up with to make the character work.

... or I can get Goliath Fighters.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:49 pm
Barthas, Human Wizard

HammerFist for regional background. And yea, it's a bit lite compared to what I seen, but I am relatively new to dnd and 4e. I know my basics. About it. PHB one and three are all I had access too.

I have a human LASERBEAM cleric on the backburner if we lack heals.  

Tanimeso

Aged Smoker

4,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Feel Good MD

Gracious Guildsman

4,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:12 pm
So how much gold do we start with to gear up?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:38 pm
Feel Good MD
So how much gold do we start with to gear up?

Standard, which is a 9th level item, an 8th level item, a 7th level item, and 2600 gp.

In other words, "standard" for any advanced level is a level+1 item, level= item, level-1 item, and gold equal to a level-1 item.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:39 pm
Tanimeso
Barthas, Human Wizard

HammerFist for regional background. And yea, it's a bit lite compared to what I seen, but I am relatively new to dnd and 4e. I know my basics. About it. PHB one and three are all I had access too.

I have a human LASERBEAM cleric on the backburner if we lack heals.

Characters are starting off at 8th level. smile

Also, we have an Artificer (Leader) and Shaman (Leader). I think another Leader would be kind of silly.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:45 pm
wow. This means I don't have to start off in basic crap. So many campaigns my old gm would force us to begin in regular none stat gear! time to go shopping  

Tanimeso

Aged Smoker

4,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Feel Good MD

Gracious Guildsman

4,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:32 pm
My character generator crashed before I got to save my character atleast I have a good portion of it plugged into mythweaver so Ill finish my character up later  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:41 pm
edited my sheet to match up to the level reqs. Stats are done, feats,done. Still un sure about the rest. I am leaving it alone for now. Any help at all would be appreciated.  

Tanimeso

Aged Smoker

4,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cart Raider 100

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:46 pm
I was really hoping for some strikers soon...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:20 am
I have been looking at the Avenger class. Sure, I can't wear plate and go YAR, but I get so many fun defensive skills which boost up that AC rating nicely late game, well from what I read thus far anyway. Reminds me of Ret Paladins, not to mention they compliment Humans nicely as far as Races go.

Okay I think I am done now. Just give it a look and let me know what I goofed on if anything is out of place.

Barthas, Human Wizard  

Tanimeso

Aged Smoker

4,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cart Raider 100

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:20 am
Essentially finished. I think I have some more money to spend, and waiting on an answer to that trait/theme question. I focused on making him really good at healing and buffing the party while still having really nice reactionary damage output, and now he's really good with traps and locks, too.

Derrias the Artificer  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:54 pm
WhimsicalXellos
The traits thing seems somewhat similar to the themes that 4e has. Do you prefer we just use the traits, or are themes okay, too?

You're going to have to be a bit more specific. Are themes in Essentials?  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:01 pm
Dion Necurat

No, um, I think they were first introduced in Dark Sun? And they've added a lot more in the Dragon Magazines, starting in issue 399 I think.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:05 pm
To answer a few questions:

-Traits are completely optional. If you want one, take one. If you don't, that's cool.

-I don't have a problem with two leaders, provided they have different functionality.

-In regard to backgrounds, the regional backgrounds are basically this: you get a +2 to diplomacy and streetwise checks made in that nation, and some nations favor specific class domains (divine, martial, etc.) where you'll gain an additional benefit. Faction backgrounds give you +2 to diplomacy when you interact with someone from that faction (it does not stack with the regional benefit).  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:07 pm
WhimsicalXellos
Dion Necurat

No, um, I think they were first introduced in Dark Sun? And they've added a lot more in the Dragon Magazines, starting in issue 399 I think.

Well, traits are additional specs for your character and gives you a chance to RP the character in that way. So...does that answer the question?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff