Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Realms of Casin (Pathfinder Sandbox) Open/Accepting. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Shade of Casin

Gracious Conversationalist

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:28 pm
Kowsauni
First off. I'm quite interested in joining this. I have a question though. If everyone is going to be at different levels how will the combat encounters play out?
depends on how everyone parties up. If there is a party of lvl 4-6 you would fight a range of monsters in those levels in those groups. Should a level 10 join that party they will move at a slight exp loss faster. The 10 would be not progressing much at all.

However I give you full health so I can try to kill you. That's a fact. I build in loopholes and later you will find out that out should you die. But like forgotten realms your death is not the end of the character's life.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:00 pm
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT

In short maybe. Can you copy it over? I am just on my iPhone till I get back home.

Hmm, sure, it'll take me a few minutes to type it all out, but I'll post it here soonish.
that way we can just strike out what is not wanted as we work. The fact you have an animal head, your going to be hard pressed above ground.

Well, the beauty of being a rakshasa is that it can change shape to take on the appearance of a regular humanoid. So it could move about society unharassed : P
true enough, but you can still screw a roll. And with that you can have kingdoms bar you. Word can spread. And a god could come to hate you. As a daemon the main god for you is Roilvn Whiro. But you will be starting underground or hidden away some how. Expect that in your bio. The daemon government is a council. All the major breeds have a seat. And while its rare to have any daemon on the surface of the world that was not from exile.

Well if he was discovered to be a rakshasa was while in a particular form, it's unlikely he would resume that specific form ever again. He'd just adapt a new disguise. And between the shapeshifting ability and the racial bonus to disguise, that's a +18 bonus before I put any ranks into it, so that'd have to be one hell of a dice fumble, lol

I'm not saying I believe it to be 100% infallible, I'm just saying I like those odds : P

Anyways, let me know when you're done reviewing the stats and what ever changes need to be made. I'm itching to start this character creation.

Speaking of which, how are we doing stats? Dice rolls or point-buy?
Scratch that, I'm blind and just didn't see it in the main post. What's the asterisk there for though?  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:47 pm
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT

Hmm, sure, it'll take me a few minutes to type it all out, but I'll post it here soonish.
that way we can just strike out what is not wanted as we work. The fact you have an animal head, your going to be hard pressed above ground.

Well, the beauty of being a rakshasa is that it can change shape to take on the appearance of a regular humanoid. So it could move about society unharassed : P
true enough, but you can still screw a roll. And with that you can have kingdoms bar you. Word can spread. And a god could come to hate you. As a daemon the main god for you is Roilvn Whiro. But you will be starting underground or hidden away some how. Expect that in your bio. The daemon government is a council. All the major breeds have a seat. And while its rare to have any daemon on the surface of the world that was not from exile.

Well if he was discovered to be a rakshasa was while in a particular form, it's unlikely he would resume that specific form ever again. He'd just adapt a new disguise. And between the shapeshifting ability and the racial bonus to disguise, that's a +18 bonus before I put any ranks into it, so that'd have to be one hell of a dice fumble, lol

I'm not saying I believe it to be 100% infallible, I'm just saying I like those odds : P

Anyways, let me know when you're done reviewing the stats and what ever changes need to be made. I'm itching to start this character creation.

dice roll first post. 5d6 reroll 1's drop lowest 2.

I do not like all the stat gain there. At level ten those totals are huge.

What asterisk >.> <.<  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:58 pm
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT

What asterisk >.> <.<

And I'm actually inclined to agree with you on the stat gain. The stats are taken from the rakshasa's base stats, which, like every other monster entry, operates under the assumption that everything starts out with a 10 across the board. As a player character' it'll be starting out with something much higher than a spread of 10s  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:04 pm
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT

What asterisk >.> <.<

And I'm actually inclined to agree with you on the stat gain. The stats are taken from the rakshasa's base stats, which, like every other monster entry, operates under the assumption that everything starts out with a 10 across the board. As a player character' it'll be starting out with something much higher than a spread of 10s
then keep them side by side, and if the monster base exceeds that take it. However if it starts lover move it up. Make sense?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:09 pm
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT

then keep them side by side, and if the monster base exceeds that take it. However if it starts lover move it up. Make sense?

I'm afraid I don't follow XD Keep what side by side?  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:18 pm
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT

10 Str xx
10 dex xx
10 con 09

If the base is higher on your rolled, then you don't get the stat. But if it passes it you can take the higher of the two. However with con, since you are lower at lvl 1 then you just get the buffs.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:29 pm
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT

10 Str xx
10 dex xx
10 con 09

If the base is higher on your rolled, then you don't get the stat. But if it passes it you can take the higher of the two. However with con, since you are lower at lvl 1 then you just get the buffs.

Okay, so what I think you're saying, is when I level up, I look at the stat bonuses I would normally be receiving. If the stat in question is already higher than the stats I would have as a basic rakshasa at that level, then I ignore the stat increase? Unless it's lower than a base rakshasa of my level, in which case I DO take the increase.

I'm not sure what you're saying about the Con increase and level 1 I'm afraid, sorry XD  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:33 pm
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT

10 Str xx
10 dex xx
10 con 09

Okay, so what I think you're saying, is when I level up, I look at the stat bonuses I would normally be receiving. If the stat in question is already higher than the stats I would have as a basic rakshasa at that level, then I ignore the stat increase? Unless it's lower than a base rakshasa of my level, in which case I DO take the increase.

I'm not sure what you're saying about the Con increase and level 1 I'm afraid, sorry XD
at level 1 if you have a 9 or lower in a stat, the bonus will not raise you 3 on a +2. Also, depending on how strong I is, I may later take them away or not have the monster levels count for the +1 from level ups.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 pm
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT

10 Str xx
10 dex xx
10 con 09

at level 1 if you have a 9 or lower in a stat, the bonus will not raise you 3 on a +2. Also, depending on how strong I is, I may later take them away or not have the monster levels count for the +1 from level ups.

Okay, I think I got it.

So how do we determine our starting level? Do we just pick the level we want to start with and make the character then write the background for it? Or do we right the background first and then you tell us how many levels that earns us?  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:53 pm
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT

10 Str xx
10 dex xx
10 con 09

Okay, I think I got it.

So how do we determine our starting level? Do we just pick the level we want to start with and make the character then write the background for it? Or do we right the background first and then you tell us how many levels that earns us?
a bit of both. Pick your level write for it, an adventure a level. Then I will read it. He creative with the story. Depending on how much I like it I will write an item or two for you.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:07 pm
Mkay.

I think I'll be aiming for level 8, since that's when it can use its shapechange ability at will. That way I won't have to worry about keeping track of the duration for each use.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

iLL iNTENT rolled 15 6-sided dice: 3, 3, 4, 3, 2, 2, 5, 1, 5, 5, 3, 3, 4, 2, 5 Total: 50 (15-90)

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:15 pm
In the meantime, rolling stats:

3, 3, 4, 3, 2
2, 5, 1, 5, 5
3, 3, 4, 2, 5
- - - - -
- - - - -
- - - - -  
iLL iNTENT rolled 15 6-sided dice: 4, 2, 3, 5, 4, 4, 2, 6, 1, 6, 1, 6, 5, 2, 3 Total: 54 (15-90)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:18 pm
Rolling last 3:

3, 3, 4, 3, 2
2, 5, 1, 5, 5
3, 3, 4, 2, 5
4, 2, 3, 5, 4
4, 2, 6, 1, 6
1, 6, 5, 2, 3  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]