Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:13 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Layla nodded to him and went silent for a long moment, holding her emotions in check out of long habit. When she spoke again, her voice was clear, thankfully, "His name was Borias. He lived on Vampire Island in the human realm. He helped get me here then went back home," she explained, knowing that they would need to know and added the rest of it, "Zuko did it because he thought Borias and I had... been together... He said that no one would have helped me otherwise... He also said that he'd kill anyone who considered me... in that way..." she told him, "Just as he did with Darian..." she added in a soft whisper.

That death had been particularly hard on her. And this one just fueled her desire to kill Zuko and eliminate him from her life forever. She was getting tired of being alone, of not being able to let her guard down even for a moment. But she didn't let the strain on her show at all, knowing that she couldn't afford the weakness right now.

She left his tent and moved to the edge of the camp to wait for the scouts to move out. She knew they'd go in groups, they already knew this enemy well thanks to her. She only hoped she didn't get any more of them killed....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:32 pm
Zuko knew she would run for the centaurs help as they were the only ones who cared for the little darling. Well he was prepared for them too.

She may have thought him crazy, but he was crazy like a fox. He had plans on top of plans. He would make sure he broke her completely this time. Break her so completely no one would want to associate with her.

He smiled to himself as he thought of her and how he would soon have her back home.  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:42 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Layla had protested the two scouts the chieftain had insisted she take with her, but there was no arguing with the male when he was in that mood so she'd simply taken them with her and moved along the trail Zuko had left behind him when he'd left her.

The scouts with her were veterans and very skilled in what they did, and thankfully silent as they moved. They all kept enough space between them to accommodate their bows as they approached the hideout Zuko's trail lead them to. She motioned for one of them to head back and report where they were to the others and took to the trees around the place to try to find what the traps were, knowing that her insane ex couldn't resist the blasted things....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:04 pm
Zuko shook his head as he watched from afar. Layla thought she was the expert hunter....no, she was simply second best. He knew all about her....knew her habits and ways of fighting and tracking. He knew her skills as he had always stalked her and watched her evolve, while she didn't get to see how much better he had become in the time he followed her over the last several years.

He remained silent and watched as the centaur approached one of his first traps.

The scout was very careful as he made his way forward but he was taken by surprise as a hole opened up from under him. He practically hopped back and missed the ditch but as he hopped back he stepped on a pressure switch of some kind and couldn't get out of the way in time as several darts flew at him striking him in numerous places. He notched an arrow and moved behind a tree looking around. It was then he began to feel hot....and his vision began to blur. He couldn't stop the vomiting and soon he didn't even know he had fallen over. The poison in the darts aggressively attacking his neuro system.

Zuko smiled from the darkness as he waited to see how his beloved would react.  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:19 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Layla predictably took the bait and dropped down next to the scout, knowing there was nothing she could do for him. After he died holding her hand, she stood and moved out into the clearing, her golden eyes searching the trees.

"Come out Zuko! Face me! Or are you too much of a coward!" she called out, clearly past thinking clearly and just wanting this over.

She'd seen one too many die at his hands and was tired of it. She knew the only way to stop this was to kill him, and she really wanted his blood now...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:25 pm
As she touched the Centaur he sprang the next trap, sending criss cross logs from all directions flying at her. The momentum swung them forward with much force from their ropes.

"Nothing is fair in love and war."  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:11 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Layla gave a startled cry as she dodged the first log but was unable to dodge the rest of them. There wasn't much she could have done about it with the trap that had been laid. In the end, he'd managed to break her other leg and a few ribs. But she managed to get to one knee, panting against the pain as she notched an arrow to her bow despite the pain she was in.

"Zuko! Coward!" she called out again and hissed at the pain in her ribs from doing so, really wanting to hurt him this time. So before he could do anything else, she targeted where she'd heard his voice and shot her arrow there. But doing so brought a small cry of pain from her as her ribs protested it harshly. Still, she pulled another arrow and notched it, fully intending to deal with the pain again if it finally brought him down.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:36 am
Ravor had been watching the whole exchange with interest. Here were the first creatures he came across who had bits of chaos within them, that was strong enough, that the emotion had called out to him.

The female was interesting, but he also knew she probably had an easier time dealing with her emotions. She could shut them off like most creatures could when it wasn't convenient. But this male.....the male she called Zuko, had him almost salivating.

Pure chaos raged through that male as he was obsessed with the woman he hunted. Ravor identified with that. There was a female Ravor wanted, to the point of insanity as her magic had awoken him out of the slumber Rowan had put him under.

He could use this creature.....if he helped the stray and adopted him....he could become a very dangerous tool. A wonderful dangerous tool. He could get what he wanted away from Rowan.

As the woman went flying thanks to the wonderful traps his soon to be pet had set, he saw that she had notched an arrow and Zuko had not seen her do so as he got closer to try and pounce on his prey. As the arrow flew, Ravor decided it was time to interfere.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're mine Layla! You're finally mine!"

He all about screamed in delightful glee as he saw the logs hit her, send her flying, and hearing that delicious crunch of bone as he broke her other leg.

Zuko was moving forward quickly as he descended upon her, daggers in hand. He was so focused on getting his wife back, he did not notice quickly enough that she fired an arrow at him. One he would and could not dodge. As he tried to stop his movement, something flashed beside him and a firm hand was on his chest to stop him, as the other hand snatched the arrow out of the air.

A male.....a rather....handsome male had saved him. He looked crazy, but the man had saved him.

"Who are you? Wait! Move! I have to get her!"

Zuko was surprised and confused as the male dropped the arrow and pulled him into an embrace. Zuko tried to break away but could not. Why did he feel so tired suddenly? He blinked trying to stay awake.
"What the hell is the matter with you!? My prey!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shhh.....shhh. Your prey will have to wait. Her comrades are here and they have the area surrounded. As soon as they see you, you will die and your prey will escape. Death does not deserve you just yet my pet.....I will help you get your prey at a later time. For now...sleep and let me take care of everything, you beautiful creature."

Ravor could not believe how much chaos was in this man. Holding him now had Ravor shaking as the power he was receiving from this male had his power fluctuating rapidly. It was almost like he was having sex. He inhaled to calm himself down and looked over to the female elf on the forest floor as he now held a sleeping Zuko. He magicked down beside her and lay zuko over his shoulder as he kneeled beside her.

"MMm....I can see why he loves you......you are both in the same wavelength. Thank you for bringing out his potential Layla.....I won't have to train him too hard. You take care.....I am going to be keeping an eye on you. I like what I see hidden inside of you."

He gave her a sinister smile darker than anything zuko gave her, before he vanished and then the sound of thundering hooves could be heard.

The centaurs moved in. The chieftain came over and looked over her new broken leg. "It's not too bad. Not as bad as last time. THere is much hope for this leg."

He motioned for three of the herd to go ahead and bury their fallen brother. He looked to her and gathered her up carefully.
"I also sent someone to the place you call vampire Island to check on the male centaur you said the tail came from.....he will be buried with rights and honors of our kind. I promise."  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:00 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Layla was in shock by the time the chieftain picked her up, making her give a small cry of pain as her broken ribs and leg were shifted, her golden eyes focused on where the two men had disappeared. She was shivering from both pain and fear.

One moment, she was about to be had by Zuko again. The next moment, he'd been put to sleep by the stranger who'd caught her arrow as if it was nothing to him. Then the stranger had spoken to her, his voice alone frightening her more than Zuko ever had.

"He's not dead... A stranger came and took him away... Said they'd be back... He was evil, pure evil wrapped in a man's form..." she whispered softly and curled herself into his strong arms, letting him carry her back to their village, something she would never have done before.

Once there, he took her to his home and oversaw their healer patching her up, made sure she drank the tea that would let her sleep, then watched the bruises slowly forming on her before she was covered and he left to see to his people.

Meanwhile, Layla fell into nightmares about the dark stranger, Darian dying, Borias dying, the world falling into chaos and fire, and everyone blaming her for it...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:18 am
Several hours had passed and soon the group that had been dispatched to check on Borias, returned with the man in question.
Borias felt slightly uncomfortable among the group as he was the only dark skinned Centaur. Years in the sun had darkened him while this clan was constantly in the shadows of the dark forest where there was hardly any light.

It also did not help that he felt huge compared to his companions. Heavy lifting, long nights of work with next to nowhere normal exercise, had him bulk up with muscle, while his companions were lean and normally built.

He inwardly sighed and reminded himself, he was happy where was.

Borias looked around and noticed he was being stared at by many and he returned their look before his companion lead him to a elder male who was probably in charge.

"Hello. I am Borias. I was informed that you had rescued Layla. Is she alright?"  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:50 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

The chieftain looked Borias over slowly then finally nodded to him and extended his hand to him, "I am glad to see you alive. Layla will be as well. She's been through alot and a bit of good news may help her out this time. The Elves weren't able to do anything for her leg and let her return home to us. Zuko came after her again, though, but wasn't able to harm her too badly before he was taken away by someone else. She's here, but we had to put her to sleep so she'd heal from her new injuries," he explained as he gestured for the others to leave them alone.

He'd noted Borias' injuries as well as the mark of the goddess on him that said she'd been able to heal him enough to come to them, "Zuko told her he'd killed you, just as he had my son. I thought you should know that," he added in a softer voice as he lead Borias over to his home and called for food and drink as they settled just outside the main door, "I worry about her... Her people have abandoned her because of that b*****d... She now lives here with me as my daughter. Not the first to be adopted my our people, but one of our most cherished. She's strong-willed and carries a heavy burden... But we have all seen her tend to injured wild animals, play with our children, teach the younger ones their first archery lessons with a patience and kindness few have with our arrogant and prideful youngsters... She longs for a family, something Zuko denied her, for a peaceful life, though she is a warrior-born..." he couldn't help the mix of fatherly-pride and parental worry in his voice as he spoke of her before raising his eyes to Borias again.

"My Darian did love her, wanted to take her as a mate and First-Wife. But she'd grown up with him and saw him as nothing more than a very close friend. He accepted that and their friendship continued to grow. Until Zuko... The b*****d forced her to watch his death and she never recovered from it. It's why she has such a hard time getting close to anyone now and always stays on the run," he finally shook his head as a female centaur came over with food and drink for them both as well as bandages and healing supplies for Borias.

"But I talk over-much for now. Zeena, my daughter, will see to the rest of your wounds and show you to a place where you can rest. I've told them to put you in the room next to Layla. You can check on her before you rest. If she's not there when you wake again, check for her at the archery range. It's where she goes when she needs to think," he explained softly and motioned for Zeena to go ahead with bandaging him.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:22 pm
Borias shook the chieftans hand and allowed the man to speak of all that had happened. As the two settled outside of the home and spoke, Borias was not very thrilled when he heard the elves could do nothing for her when they promised him they could. But this also begged the question of why she came here instead of back to Vampire Island. She knew his shack was as much as well hers as it was his own.

Borias listened to how Zuko had taken her but frowned as Zuko himself had been taken. It all seemed odd. Was the one who took Zuko a friend or a foe?

Then the history of Darian came up. Borias was glad he got to hear of him as Layla never spoke about the incident. She always said, if she hadn't seen what she had....she might be inclined to like him. Not love him, but like him.....but then Borias would take any sort of affection from her as he was smitten with the elf woman.

As the story and information ended, Zeena came over with food, drink, and bandages.

Borias looked to the chieftan.
"Thank you. Thank you for always being there for her and for rescuing her, when I could not. I owe you more than you will ever know."  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:47 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

He gave him a simple nod before standing and considered his next words carefully. He knew there were a great many other things he could say to him, but finally settled on something alot easier for him to say.

"Then teach her to love again, Borias... She closed off her heart when Darian died and has kept it that way ever since, thinking that anyone she found love with would be hurt or killed because of it... It didn't help that Zuko hurt her so badly at one point that she can never have children, denying her the family she craves... She's come to think that no male could ever accept her because of that... That b*****d has hurt her in so many ways and has forced her to close herself off from all others... I know you wonder why she didn't go back to you, I could see it on your face... She came here because she didn't want you hurt... She spoke to me of you when she came back, spoke of you like she did Darian, and said that she couldn't live with another death on her conscience... That she couldn't live with herself if he hurt you because of her... Then she collected her supplies and left us... She is strong, yes, stubborn also... But she is still a woman who has been hurt one time too many... If you feel that you owe me a debt, then pay it back by opening her heart again..." he said softly, then left him with Zeena.

Zeena said nothing as she bandaged Borias' wounds. Only when she was finished did she step back, her tail swishing gently behind her. She hesitated before she spoke, not sure if she should. She stopped herself, feeling that her father had said what needed to be said and simply waited for him to finish eating then lead him inside to Layla's room.

The small female Elf looked so fragile as she laid there, her bandages thick under the sheet. Now Zeena spoke, telling him what he needed to know as she waited by the door, "Her other leg was broken but set fine and should be healed in a few days. A few ribs were cracked as well. She's lucky to be alive after the trap Zuko set for her. I know the bruises look bad, but she will heal completely in a few days. My father made her a new brace for her other leg that allows her better movement and support..." she told him softly but couldn't help the single tear that rolled down her face over Layla's condition.

"She taught me how to shoot a bow, how to track, how to weave... I tried to teach her how to cook but she's hopeless at it..." she said, her voice tight with emotion, "She's very special to all of us and we all hate to see what Zuko has done to her... As her sister... It hurts a little more, I think... she may not have been born to us, Borias... But she is a centaur in her heart..." she added then left the room to give him a few moments with the sleeping Elf, waiting in the hallway to show him to his room right next door.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:01 pm
Borias could not give his word on the last request from her adoptive father. He could try to give her all the love and respect she could ever need, but it was all up to Layla in the end. Whether she chose to try and live for herself or to live in fear.

He followed Zeena listening to her talk and hoped that when Layla was up and such, she would wear the new brace for her leg. Then they were at Layla's room and he was allowed to look in and then venture in. He felt his chest tighten not only in concern, but it anger Zuko had done more damage to the one he was fond of.

Borias clenched his fists. If he had stayed behind to watch her......if he had just thrown his work to the wind....she wouldn't be in this situation. He shouldn't have left her alone.

He turned and exited the room quietly.

"Yes.....she is a centaur at heart...."

It was because of this, Borias fell so quickly for her. It was why he even had thoughts of mating. Yes, they could never have children but it wouldn't matter to him. He wanted her as his mate until the end of days.  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:14 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Zeena didn't say anything more as she lead him to the room next to Layla's and left him to rest, knowing that nothing else had to be said. So she left him to rest and returned to her own tasks.

Meanwhile, Layla continued to dream, lost in nightmares and false potential futures that teased at her and broke her heart. The worst one was a potential future with Borias and children surrounding them. But that one pulled her out of sleep and had her sitting up in the bed gasping for air. She forced herself to not cry over the last dream and slid to the edge of the bed so that she could pull on the clothes waiting for her.

She always wore the same thing, made from the same material woven by her people. She kept the bandages around her ribs and the leather cast around her freshly broken leg, knowing that she needed them. But she added the brace that had been made for her other leg so that she could move around.

She picked up her bow and left the house on silent feet, going straight for the archery range in the dark. Her golden eyes easily picked up the outlines of the targets in the moonlight that shown down through the trees, enabling her to fire arrow after arrow as she tried to forget the dreams, each target becoming Zuko's face and form. She thought about everything that Zuko had taken from her and her anger grew until it filled her enough that nothing else could interfere with what she knew she had to do.

She finally decided that she would stay long enough to let her broken bones heal then she'd leave to track the b*****d down and plant enough arrows into him that he'd never be able to come back from it. She had to kill him now, he'd taken too much from her...

Elven Realm

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff