Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Hi I'm New! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:21 pm
Kenocka
InsaneKatKing475
Kenocka

I'm going to need a map for this guild aren't I?

You'll get used to it eventually, it just takes alittle conditioning *dances around, moonwalking some*

Guide me? XD

You've probably already seen it but I think that Clouded Skies is the campaign I'll be joining if I'm allowed.

Why sure, we're dealing with 3.5 here, so what kind of character did you want to play? Melee, Ranged, or Spell Damage, or Spell Healer?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:29 pm
InsaneKatKing475
Kenocka
InsaneKatKing475
Kenocka

You'll get used to it eventually, it just takes alittle conditioning *dances around, moonwalking some*

Guide me? XD

You've probably already seen it but I think that Clouded Skies is the campaign I'll be joining if I'm allowed.

Why sure, we're dealing with 3.5 here, so what kind of character did you want to play? Melee, Ranged, or Spell Damage, or Spell Healer?

Elven bard.  

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:33 pm
Kenocka
InsaneKatKing475
Kenocka
InsaneKatKing475
Kenocka

Guide me? XD

Elven bard.

That was simple :3 Alrighty, an elven bard it is. Now then, what does it say to use for stats?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:38 pm
InsaneKatKing475
Kenocka
InsaneKatKing475
Kenocka
InsaneKatKing475
Kenocka

Guide me? XD

Elven bard.

That was simple :3 Alrighty, an elven bard it is. Now then, what does it say to use for stats?

Where would I find that at? sweatdrop Oh God I'm going to be eaten alive in this guild aren't I?  

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:48 pm
Kenocka
Where would I find that at? sweatdrop Oh God I'm going to be eaten alive in this guild aren't I?

Nope, the eating alive part is my job *sharpens fangs* lol, jk, anyway. You generally find the character building info on the first post on the first page of the subject, as dms decide how they want the characters to be made. So, for this, you'll be using the 30 point buy system for stats. Which means you'll need a point buy calculator.

This is the point buy calculator = http://emrilgame.netau.net/Dmstuff/pointbuy.html

Youc an spend up to thirty points on all your stats. It gives you the total points spent at the bottom.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:04 am
InsaneKatKing475
Kenocka

Nope, the eating alive part is my job *sharpens fangs* lol, jk, anyway. You generally find the character building info on the first post on the first page of the subject, as dms decide how they want the characters to be made. So, for this, you'll be using the 30 point buy system for stats. Which means you'll need a point buy calculator.

This is the point buy calculator = http://emrilgame.netau.net/Dmstuff/pointbuy.html

Youc an spend up to thirty points on all your stats. It gives you the total points spent at the bottom.

User Image

Would you say that would be good for a bard or do you suggest anything else? I'm sorry if I'm bothering you and I'll let you alone if I am!  

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:07 am
Kenocka
Would you say that would be good for a bard or do you suggest anything else? I'm sorry if I'm bothering you and I'll let you alone if I am!

A bard's main stat is Charisma, so you should make that high number. You wouldn't be much of a bard if your performances didn't work often.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:11 am
InsaneKatKing475
Kenocka

A bard's main stat is Charisma, so you should make that high number. You wouldn't be much of a bard if your performances didn't work often.

Oh then that other link you gave me must be out of date because it said that charisma wasn't where bards got their spells from Or I'm reading it wrong. Which isn't actually a surprise.

Str 13
Dex 13
Con 9
Int 13
Wis 12
Cha 16  

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:19 am
Kenocka

Oh then that other link you gave me must be out of date because it said that charisma wasn't where bards got their spells from Or I'm reading it wrong. Which isn't actually a surprise.

Str 13
Dex 13
Con 9
Int 13
Wis 12
Cha 16

Honestly, I would say your Con is a little low, considering the fact that you're an elf, you'll have a seriously lacking of HP. I'd consider at least making con 12 and switch out some Int/Wis. WIth your current build, i'd recommend something like

Str 13
Dex 11
Con 12
Int 12
Wis 12
Cha 16

This gives you a pretty decent balance, after your elf stat changes which will make your stats:

Str 13
Dex 13
Con 10
Int 12
Wis 12
Cha 16  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:25 am
InsaneKatKing475
Kenocka

Str 13
Dex 13
Con 9
Int 13
Wis 12
Cha 16

Honestly, I would say your Con is a little low, considering the fact that you're an elf, you'll have a seriously lacking of HP. I'd consider at least making con 12 and switch out some Int/Wis. WIth your current build, i'd recommend something like

Str 13
Dex 11
Con 12
Int 12
Wis 12
Cha 16

This gives you a pretty decent balance, after your elf stat changes which will make your stats:

Str 13
Dex 13
Con 10
Int 12
Wis 12
Cha 16

Okay. Thanks so much for all your help. I really hope I get accepted into that campaign/RP. How are things usually run? Are we basically RPing with DND elements or is it vice versa?  

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:27 am
Kenocka
Okay. Thanks so much for all your help. I really hope I get accepted into that campaign/RP. How are things usually run? Are we basically RPing with DND elements or is it vice versa?

We are actually playing DnD games here. Yes we rp in them, make the characters more alive through personalities and actions and what not, but we really are playing the games :3 Also, i'm tired cause its 3:30 am, so i'm hitting the hay. send me a pm and i'll help ya out somemore sometime tomorrow.... maybe, it is christmas after all.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:29 am
InsaneKatKing475
Kenocka

We are actually playing DnD games here. Yes we rp in them, make the characters more alive through personalities and actions and what not, but we really are playing the games :3 Also, i'm tired cause its 3:30 am, so i'm hitting the hay. send me a pm and i'll help ya out somemore sometime tomorrow.... maybe, it is christmas after all.

Okay then. Thank you so much. Sleep well because it's about time I head out too.  

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:23 am
Kenocka
Okay then. Thank you so much. Sleep well because it's about time I head out too.

Not a problem. I like helping :3  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:21 pm
InsaneKatKing475
Kenocka

Not a problem. I like helping :3

Thanks! I think that Myth-Weaver's site requires membership to use their character sheet so I joined up there and I'm hoping to get most of my stuff done before too long.  

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:20 pm
Kenocka
I'm trying to figure out HP, AC, INIT, Fort, Reflex, Will, Melee, Ranged, and everything below it.

Alright, so you need help with ... EVERYTHING!! lol, jk. It's simple really. Let's get your racial stuff out of the way first, always easiest to deal with those imo.

From top to bottom, racial things first. Size: Medium (M) Speed: 30. Special Abilities (I list ont he left side of the list of Feats and Special Abilities): Immune magic sleep, +2 ST vs Enchantments, Low Light Vision. Skills(under the Misc column): +2 Listen, +2 Search, +2 Spot. Languages: Common Elven (and because you have an int mod of +1) You can pick one more language out of these: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff