Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
(Pathfinder) Considering starting up a... unique campaign. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:09 am
Laertes Ursus
... The dice gods really don't want me to play.

It's 6d6 drop the lowest 3, 6 times.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:32 pm
All right. I'll have the RP thread up tomorrow, and this can be used as a dice rolling/Out of Character thread.  

Kelsey MacAilbert

Kelsey MacAilbert rolled 18 6-sided dice: 1, 6, 6, 6, 1, 4, 5, 6, 5, 2, 1, 1, 4, 6, 5, 2, 6, 3 Total: 70 (18-108)

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:35 pm
Rolling set 1 of 2 (yes, the GM will have a character)...

Kelsey MacAilbert rolled 18 6-sided dice: 3, 1, 4, 2, 1, 6, 6, 2, 5, 6, 5, 6, 2, 2, 5, 6, 4, 4 Total: 70 (18-108)
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:37 pm
Rolling set 2 of 2...

The dice gods are kind to me.  

Kelsey MacAilbert

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:20 pm
Is it Pathfinder with backwards compatibility to 3.X, or is this another game of "******** what Paizo was thinking, we're going pure Pathfinder here"?
And as a follow up, what books are(n't) allowed?
Home brew?

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:57 pm
Seph Baelzara
Is it Pathfinder with backwards compatibility to 3.X, or is this another game of "******** what Paizo was thinking, we're going pure Pathfinder here"?
Huh? If you mean "Am I using a non-Paizo campaign setting", than yes, but this is more because I enjoy making my own campaign settings than out of any dissatisfaction with what Paizo thought up. As for backwards compatibility with 3.5, there is some.
And as a follow up, what books are(n't) allowed?
Home brew?
The Core Rulebook and Bestiary materiel is allowed, anything from other Pathfinder books is allowed if you explain what the materiel is to me (I only have the Core Rulebook and Bestiay) and it makes sense in the game world, 3.5 materiel is allowed under the same rules and Pathfinder supplements, provided it can be suitably modified for Pathfinder, and homebrew is allowed on a case-by-case basis.  

Kelsey MacAilbert

Laertes Ursus rolled 12 6-sided dice: 5, 2, 6, 2, 4, 1, 1, 1, 1, 4, 6, 4 Total: 37 (12-72)

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:18 pm
Oh! Sweet! Much better then! Rolling set 3.

1, 2, 3, 3, 1, 6 = 12
5, 4, 1, 2, 5, 6 = 16
2, 2, 6, 1, 3, 3 = 12
6, 4, 5, 4, 6, 4 = 17
5, 2, 6, 2, 4, 1 = 15
1, 1, 1, 4, 6, 4 = 14

WELL! I think I can do something with this. Don't ask me what, though. I'm thinking Pally/Fighter.

Seph Baelzara rolled 20 6-sided dice: 1, 5, 3, 4, 4, 1, 6, 4, 1, 1, 6, 1, 2, 4, 6, 3, 6, 3, 1, 4 Total: 66 (20-120)
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:20 pm
That's more or less what I was wanting to hear. Let's see if the dice gods permit me.

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
Seph Baelzara rolled 20 6-sided dice: 5, 5, 5, 6, 5, 4, 2, 3, 1, 1, 3, 1, 5, 6, 6, 2, 2, 4, 4, 3 Total: 73 (20-120)

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:21 pm

1, 5, 3, 4, 4, 1,
6, 4, 1, 1, 6, 1,
2, 4, 6, 3, 6, 3,
1, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6,
5, 4, 2, 3, 1, 1,
3, 1, 5, 6, 6, 2,
2, 4, 4, 3

17/16/16/16/13/12
Is my final array

And we'll just do the full 20 again, ignoring the last rolls that go beyond all 6 stats

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:22 pm
Seph Baelzara
Huh? If you mean "Am I using a non-Paizo campaign setting", than yes, but this is more because I enjoy making my own campaign settings than out of any dissatisfaction with what Paizo thought up. As for backwards compatibility with 3.5, there is some.  

Kelsey MacAilbert

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:26 pm
I'll get right to it in a bit, but FIRST! I MUST GO GET FOOD!

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:28 pm
I-I-I-O_O-I-I-I

No, I mean with books the PCs can use. I know a number of DMs whom go "******** Paizo. We're just going to use everything Pathfinder!" when, in all actuality, the game system is built to support everything that WotC released for 3.X with little to no modification. This annoys me beyond belief.

I don't care for company published campaigns, settings, or modules. I don't touch those when making characters.

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 pm
Quick note: I'm shifting the setting to something that loosely resembles the Western half of the US and parts of Polynesia. This is not a "Wild West" inspired campaign, it's a campaign in a setting that resembles the territory that particular era happened to take place in (I want to make that clear before anybody gets any... ideas. There will be no sword swinging Clint Eastwoods.). I'm doing this because a lot of the animals (wolves, bears, and such) are familiar to D&D/Pathfinder games, as is much of the land (plenty of forests), but it's still exotic, and still has some exotic animals (cougars, coyotes, and such) and land (such as the Mojave). I like the idea of mixing familiar and exotic elements together. The area also has a very nice mix of climates and terrain. The major ethnic groups are:

"Celtic" (30%)
"Chinese" (25%)
"Greek" (8%)
"Italian" (8%)
"Native American/Pacific Islander" (10%)
"Japanese" (4%)
"Latino" (10%)
Other (Various immigrants from all over the world, as Vendalia is something of an immigrant country) (5%)

Vendalia was originally "Native American/Pacific Islander", before the islands were conquered by the "Japanese" and the mainland by the "Chinese". Later on the "Celts" came and captured the territory from these conquerors. The "Greeks" and "Italians" were invited by the "Celts", who needed more settlers for the land ("Greece" and "Italy" were in economic chaos at the time they were invited to help settle Vendalia, so there were plenty of willing settlers). Some of the Latinos come from southern Vendalia, parts of which were once "Spanish" (Fantasy version of the Mexican-American or Spanish-American war, anybody?) before becoming Vendalian, and but most are immigrants from the a*****e dictatorship directly to the south of Vendalia.

All the weapons, armour, and equipment in the Core Rulebook is available, but so is Asian stuff from supplements or homebrew (subject to GM approval, of course). This is because a quarter of all Vendalians are of "Chinese" ancestry, and a smaller but still significant number of "Japanese" ancestry, which makes "Chinese" style arms, armour, and equipment easy to find, and "Japanese" stuff likewise available if you are in the right place. "Native American/Pacific Islander" stuff may be allowed if you can find rules for it.

I will have names for all these ethnic groups in parentheses when I post the RP thread tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:46 pm
Seph Baelzara
I-I-I-O_O-I-I-I

No, I mean with books the PCs can use. I know a number of DMs whom go "******** Paizo. We're just going to use everything Pathfinder!" when, in all actuality, the game system is built to support everything that WotC released for 3.X with little to no modification. This annoys me beyond belief.

I don't care for company published campaigns, settings, or modules. I don't touch those when making characters.
I will be using plenty of 3.5 materiel. I love the compatibility Pathfinder has with the system.  

Kelsey MacAilbert

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:29 pm
"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire twenty shots or only nineteen?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a +5 Flaming Burst greatbow, the most powerful bow in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff