Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
CAKA Chapter 1: Ruins in the Swamp Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jacior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:53 pm
Farous sighed. I am doing it again. He shook his head. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't say those kinds of things. I barely know you people." He bowed his head, appearently in shame.

He straightened himself and looked at the trees. "I can't climb. I've never been able to. We'd be better off with the tree plan. Sorry about that Genji." He smiled sheepishly at the minotaur. "But it would be better the closer we are to the water." If we only had a big flat board. Well, curved would be better, but I'd take flat.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:54 pm
Hashlok grinned. "Well, if you two did get a tree in the water, ya'll could use that, depending on the depth." he gave a small shrug and looked at the trees, humming a tad. "Between Genji's crossbow and my handcannon," he said, patting the weapon and giving a small grin. "We would be able to do some damage from range. Pick 'em off as we see them."

He looked back towards the trees and grinned. "Hold on... If we had one person from the trees and one from the water, we'd really have our bases covered. If my math's right, we've got three crossbows, one bow and a gun. All in all, we're pretty well equipped for ranged encounters." he gave a small nod, somewhat satisfied with his observations.  

Grevus

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:00 pm
"I can move a tree easily enough."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:44 pm
A smirk, and yet another witty retort. 'Now, why would we bother moving a tree and making all that racket when we could just make our way through this... Swamp, without letting anything nasty know, yes?' Felinni leaned back against a nearby tree and crossed his arms. 'And just because I'm a thief doesn't mean I'm stupid, Mister Farous. I know who not to steal from.' He nodded, and looked up. 'I'd be willing to take the high road, if you'd all alert me if you see anything down there.'  

Michael Bladebreaker

Ruthless Hunter

6,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
Jacior rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Jacior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:15 pm
"And just how do you suggest we all get across, Felinni?" Farous asked. "I am not risking whatever lurks beneath that water." He gestured toward the more mired part of the swamp. "And I can't climb. How do you suppose those Kobolds got in there?" He searched for anything he could use to get to the ruins.

((Search Check: +4))  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:30 pm
Your spot check spots a small isthmus of mud about eighty feet away from your position that stretches to the Kobold's encampment. It's out in the open, and you weren't able to see it at first because it blended in with the water.

Your spot check reveals that the water only comes up to the waist, but this, too, is out in the open after a certain point. You see nothing unusual in the water.  

Slave Xaccheus

Jacior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:34 pm
"There!" He pointed out the muddy path. "That's how Genji and I shall get across. You all can take the trees if you like." He turned to the minotaur with an embarassed look. "I really want to apologize for calling you stupid. Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?" He was still embarassed by the a** he had made of himself.

"Walk and talk." He pulled up all of his equipment so it was out of the water and started out to the muddy isthmus, keeping a close eye for things in the water.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:12 pm
"Splitting up would actually be better than having us all together. However, a word of warning for you two. If that's one of the only ways to get across without going through too much water, then chances are that the kobolds know that as well. And they may be waiting or have set traps to cover that area." Mich cautioned his two teammates.

Before he left for the trees, he added, "If I see anything, I've got a small signal whistle that I'll blow to warn you two. Certainly better than nothing, right?" One way to make sure that everyone here trusted Mich was to make efforts to help them. And trust was one thing that this ragtag team needed.  

Mushkiller

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:27 pm
He snorts and shakes his head. "Then I'll go be a distraction for you." Without another word, he started forward, through the water. He didn't give a crap about dirt, mud, or such. It's not like people would care differently about it.  
Michael Bladebreaker rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:45 pm
Felinni shrugged and began working his way up the tree, slowly and carefully, making sure he could find handholds before he tried moving further up.

(Climb Roll)  

Michael Bladebreaker

Ruthless Hunter

6,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
Slave Xaccheus rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:20 pm
Felinni, you make it into the tree without much difficulty; you managed to find good footing when you weren't just shimmying upwards. The next branch is within easy jumping distance.

Rolling Spot Check to see if the Kobolds see Genji, but they've got a -2 bonus from distance and another -2 because they aren't paying real attention; they're just patrolling the outer wall in a rather bored fashion. +2 bonus because that's what their stats say.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:38 pm
They failed.  

Slave Xaccheus

Mushkiller rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Mushkiller

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:41 pm
Mich watched Felinni climb up the tree with little difficulty, and was soon trying to clamber up after him.

(+6 to climb)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:00 pm
You have the skills of a spider-monkey;you and Felinni ae neck and neck as you approach the target branch, although you are slightly below him. Your next branch is just ten feet away by jump.  

Slave Xaccheus

Michael Bladebreaker rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

Michael Bladebreaker

Ruthless Hunter

6,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:05 pm
Jump Check to get over to the other side.

Pretty sure it's at +6 or +7. So I think I got it... xD  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces