Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[M&M 2nd edition] 1 AZ - Issue #1 underway! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Brains
  Brains
View Results

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:15 pm
Mackie the Knife
Rain Yupa
Mackie the Knife
Torpedo, protecting the people with a military prototype battlesuit.

I actually have you at 76 PP. 7 from skills, 8 from stats, 3 from Fort, 10 from defense, 10 from attack, 36 from your suit, 2 from feats.

Thanks, I must've miscounted. It's fixed now.

Check.

Quote:
Rain Yupa
Can you include your modified strength under Temp Score?

Done.

Check.

Quote:
Rain Yupa
Enhanced Strength isn't a damaging power, so it cannot have penetrating. You will need to get Strike for that.

Penetrating has been removed.

Check. You sure you don't want to enhance your Strength further?

Quote:
Rain Yupa
You technically have 11 Equipment Points spend, when your feats only give you 10.

I have a knife (3 points), Light Pistol (6 points) and a Commlink (1 point), which add up to 10. Does your book show different costs?

4 points for a knife in mine. Don't sweat it though, one point isn't that big of a deal. We'll go with your totals.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:18 pm
Laertes Ursus
Rain Yupa
Laertes Ursus
I can't seem to think of a freaking concept.

What if you think of a superhero concept then apply it to the setting, rather than the reverse? Pretend there's no zombies. What would you want to play?

I still have pretty much nothing.

Well, let's take a step back then. Who's your favorite super hero and why?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:29 pm
Either the link is bad, the website doesn't exist, or my internet is worse than I thought, because whenever I try to go to the site through the link, it automatically either redirects me to some advertizement page or tells me that Internet explorer cannot display the page because it does not exist.

Gotta figure this one out, either that or give me a code version of the blank character sheet. Because I don't have alot of options for accessing the site, none in fact.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:35 pm
Wire_Colossus
Either the link is bad, the website doesn't exist, or my internet is worse than I thought, because whenever I try to go to the site through the link, it automatically either redirects me to some advertizement page or tells me that Internet explorer cannot display the page because it does not exist.

Gotta figure this one out, either that or give me a code version of the blank character sheet. Because I don't have alot of options for accessing the site, none in fact.

The link in the first post?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:41 pm
Exactly. The one that is labeled as Myth weavers.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:41 pm
Wire_Colossus
Exactly. The one that is labeled as Myth weavers.
It works fine for me...  

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:30 am
try using this.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetindex.php

cause it may just be the forum thing page that's giving her issues.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:00 am
The Pagan Tea Shop-Spells and readings
User Image
Your ad here! PM me for details.

Don't have a favourite.

User Image

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:16 pm
Laertes Ursus
Don't have a favourite.

Any particular video game or movie hero you're partial to? Or rather, what's your favorite action game or movie and we can work from there.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:28 pm
User Image

I had an interesting idea, but I have no idea how I'd stat it... Essentially, this guy is, by a combination of training and a strange voice inside his head, able to fire any firearm, regardless of make or familiarity, with perfect accuracy. Additionally, the voice often tells him just where to fire for maximum effect(And not just targeting enemies... Weak points in walls, just the right rope to bring down a chandelier, whatever). Unfortunately, anything more archaic than a musket and he just can't seem to do the same thing.

User Image

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:50 pm
In Ultimate Power, they have Weapon Summoning as a power, where you can bring into existence a weapon of your design that doesn't run out of ammo. By default, it counts as a regular Ranged Damage attack at 2 points/rank (exactly the same as Blast). As Alternate Powers (per the power feat), you can a different type of weapon summoned (one type can be a shotgun, another type a revolver, etc).

But what I think would be more up your alley would be a Ranged Corrosion, which is a Blast that would do extra damage to objects. Have an incredibly high Attack bonus, but a low damage bonus (the net total of both must be +10, so perhaps +8/+2, or more if you value accuracy so much). Buy several ranks of the feat Attack Focus: Ranged (so your accuracy won't apply so much to melee, but it'll be cheaper than straight-up attack bonus). Or, buy the Accurate Power Feat instead, which may be right up your alley even more. As is the Precise Power Feat. Ricochet too.

You can have your Ranged Corrosion simply be due to firearms. The exactly form of attack is really just flavor and has no major impact.

Get Improved Critical as a feat, and perhaps lots of Favored Opponents and Critical Strikes. Lots of Luck is never a bad idea, because the extra Hero Points can turn misses into hits. Precise Shot x2 would also be a good idea. There's several Ranged Attack feats, so look at all of them.

If you want the voice to be a Drawback, it might be something that nets you even more hero points in game (at the cost of being INSANE by the sound of it). Otherwise, the voice can simply be a character trait to add flavor to your hero smile

Beyond that, a few Super-Senses with the Uncontrolled Flaw?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:19 pm
User Image

I do like the concept of slowly going mad by embracing the power within. Feels very dark and edgy. Overdone, perhaps, but hey.

User Image

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:59 pm
User Image

Rain Yupa
In Ultimate Power, they have Weapon Summoning as a power, where you can bring into existence a weapon of your design that doesn't run out of ammo. By default, it counts as a regular Ranged Damage attack at 2 points/rank (exactly the same as Blast). As Alternate Powers (per the power feat), you can a different type of weapon summoned (one type can be a shotgun, another type a revolver, etc).

Based on the way it's written, it makes me think you can determine the weapon's qualities each time, rather than having the same weapon every time(Unless you have the limited to one weapon flaw).

But what I think would be more up your alley would be a Ranged Corrosion, which is a Blast that would do extra damage to objects. Have an incredibly high Attack bonus, but a low damage bonus (the net total of both must be +10, so perhaps +8/+2, or more if you value accuracy so much). Buy several ranks of the feat Attack Focus: Ranged (so your accuracy won't apply so much to melee, but it'll be cheaper than straight-up attack bonus). Or, buy the Accurate Power Feat instead, which may be right up your alley even more. As is the Precise Power Feat. Ricochet too.

You can have your Ranged Corrosion simply be due to firearms. The exactly form of attack is really just flavor and has no major impact.

The Corrosion effect doesn't seem to be something I'm exactly looking for. The idea of the character's voice is that it sometimes tells him exactly where to shoot. The situation could be anything. I'm thinking this is more something to do with a Luck power.

Get Improved Critical as a feat (Got it), and perhaps lots of Favored Opponents (Not quite) and Critical Strikes (Could I just apply this to the Create Weapon power array?). Lots of Luck is never a bad idea, because the extra Hero Points can turn misses into hits. (Grabbed it, works well with the Voice) Precise Shot x2 would also be a good idea. (Done) There's several Ranged Attack feats, so look at all of them.

If you want the voice to be a Drawback, it might be something that nets you even more hero points in game (at the cost of being INSANE by the sound of it). Otherwise, the voice can simply be a character trait to add flavor to your hero smile

Beyond that, a few Super-Senses with the Uncontrolled Flaw? (Yeah, I'm gonna have a lot of Uncontrolled/Unreliable)

All the bold is me.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:29 am
User Image

Rifle. One part military man, one part lucky, many parts just a little cracked.

User Image

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:44 pm
Yea, that's what I thought with Weapon Summoning as well, but no, it's not. Otherwise you're basically 'Deus Ex Machina' in a can, which can get boring to play, for both you and everyone else. (Like, a gun that cures Zombism)

Also, Critical Strike requires Favored Opponent (Cause it only works if it's said favored opponent)  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff