Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Tomb of Horrors 4e - ON HOLD Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:49 am
< "Sadly, theirs is a rational fear, and they have no way to describe the full dire detail, being mortal.

"I assume they told you about wanting to clean out the garden of foul undead. The truth of the matter is far darker. The fey creatures have been driven mad and enslaved by whoever is responsible for this heinous sacrilege. Yet they will not be the only ones if this is allowed to continue. This may go even deeper than the Shadowfell ...

"The whole of the garden has been defiled and altered. Whoever started this corruption may have, in another life, been a trapmaker for a mad king, for his machinations are deadly and deceptive. It is therefore wise to test your mental footing before believing anything, and even if you are sure that something is true, never believe that anything is as simple as it may be.

"There is one other detail I must mention. Merchant caravans have passed this area with our permission. My brethren who would rather appease this dark heart hid evidence that these caravans, which were destroyed by the mad fey and abominations, ever came through here. This charade has gone on for long enough. I am of full belief that the massacring of innocent people is connected to whatever is going on in the Garden, and what I dread believe to be occurring elsewhere ...

"I fear that the ultimate cause of all of this may no longer be in the Garden, or on this plane for that matter. However, he, she, or it may have left something to continue their influence. You must find whatever it is ... and destroy it, even if it may possibly be a relic sacred to our faction. Though I certainly hope not ..." >

(( Players, you may ask questions or be on your way, but know that you have accepted, in essence, two quests, worth 6000 XP for the party and each player receiving 1400 gold pieces. i will reveal the details of these quests at the end of the chapter. ))  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:53 pm
Belessunu waits for Eros to translate and replies. "We will discover the source of this corruption and destroy it, that it may plague the ignorant no further. This I swear upon Our Lady of Timely Informance, Blessed Ioun."

((fixed))  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:56 pm
((And then, suddenly, he was attacked by the black beast of AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH))  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:21 pm
Eros would nod at the explanation, and translate to the others.

""

Eros would then translate any questions and responses, but he himself had none.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:50 pm
At this, the spirit had to be a smartass ...

< "I would appreciate it if you tried to not make yourself sound like Tuxedo Mask ..." >

After which he made a silly gesture at Eros.

Demvarwen, however, seems unable to go ahead, after accidentally breaking their leg from rofling. We need a new adventurer.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:33 pm
Belessunu hums with ardor. "Paelias, if you may guide us to our objective, your assistance would be greatly appreciated." The crystals of his hand tinkle, whether manually ticking off a list of mental preparations or simply itching for action.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:07 pm
All he does is point. The entrance is ahead. The garden is enveloped in trees, and the there is but one opening.

The spirit now spoke in very broken common - simple, but effective.

"Then if ... you are ready ... go into ... the Garden. If you seek more ... then ask before running to death."

(( looks like there will be FIVE of you for this encounter ))  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:24 pm
"Hmm...a dark cave in the middle of the woods...clearly there is nothing suspicious about that," Orilo chimed in, unable to understand the ghostly visage of a puny man.

((Ah well, more loot for us))  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:44 pm
Belessunu boldly leads the way to Adventure and/or doom!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:03 pm
(( Players, pick your colors - the first map comes soon. If you don't pick, i will do that job FOR you, and i'll make damn sure it's a nice shade of pink ))

So far ... nothing seems hideously wrong. As you move through the forest paths, leaves crunch underfoot, the canopy casts mottled shadows across your faces, and you can hear the faint sounds of birds and beasts in the distance. If there is danger here, it's doing a damn good job staying hidden.

... Okay. Screw this. It's NIGHT. It's dim light in these woods, thanks to it being night out.  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:40 pm
gentlemen ...

your first map.

dim light

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:31 am
((Belessunu is #eeaa00))

The paladin pulled his everburning torch from its sheath on his hip, holding the magical light high so that all may be illuminated.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:27 am
((Arjhan is #bbbb44))

Arjhan follows a pace behind.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:47 am
((I should be #550000))

Orilo travels alongside the Paladin, a red glow in his eyes.

((Just a side note for you guys: my class has the ability Rune Mastery, which allows me to either use the Rune of Protection or the Rune of Destruction. Red = Destruction, Blue = Protection. Look at the text (in particular, the description of the attack) to see what benefit you'll get (I'll include it in the damage post).))  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:28 pm
((Eros will be #BBAAEE))

Eros would also move forward, keeping a little distance between him and any other companion. About 10' or so. His blade would not be drawn, but he kept one hand gripped on the handle in any case.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff