Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The End of Days, Chapter One: Decimation Men (OPEN!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:27 pm
((Until the ships get into firing range of your ballistas? A round. How long until the survivors from the bolts disembark in mid-air and you're fighting on the deck of a flying ship? Three rounds.))  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:05 pm
Looking over the edge of the railing, the otherwise silent human speaks, his voice quiet but drifting over the deck. "I know a few spells that would be helpful in this situation. If anyone cares, I can increase...." Pointing to individuals, counting. "Pretty much everyone's physical strength, I could take these pebbles," Raising a hand full of small rocks. "And turn them into boulders when I throw them, I could gift you with flight, or I could just fly over there and crush things." Leaning back over the railing, he sighs and runs his hands through his dark hair. "Such a waste of a perfectly good castle."  

Jacior

Grevus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:00 pm
One of the two silent paladins finally spoke. "Well, I don't really see why you lot are getting so sentimental about a flying rock that you've never been on. If it's bee built once, it can be built again." Nadarr gave a small shrug, shaking his head. As far as he cared it was merely just a raid on a mountain but with an areal insertion. In all other factors, it wasn't anything to get too worked up over. Wherein this was greatly different was the fact that there was no over land route to take, instead they had to come up with some way across air. He looked at the female wearing a red hand and had an idea. "Transporting most of us would work, if we left a person who could in turn bring over the rest."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:43 pm
((OKAY! Everyone who either was going to post or I sincerely wanted to post has posted. Everything can now start.))

The deck of the ship is suddenly alive with several siege engineers, all of whom are rushing to the ballistas. A bosun is shouting to all the hands on deck,

"Move! Get to your stations! We have enemy ships closing in! Go, go, go!"

For those of you who aren't getting the message, it's time to suit up.  

Slave Xaccheus

Yurro rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:33 pm
Spreading his wings after putting his hole back in his pocket, and stuffing his shield into his Haversack [AC: 24+1(size)=25-2=23, ASF: 5%-5%=0%], Igneel smiles to the group a toothy smile. Well ladies and gents, looks like it's showtime! If you all need me, I'll be heading to the 'Center' siege engine. Since nobody wants to come with me, I'll be going 'stealth' mode. With that, Igneel activates his Walk Unseen Invocation to turn himself invisible.

Flapping the Saurian form's wings, Igneel takes to the skies hopefully unseen from any prying eyes that would try to aim at him. Flying towards the tip of the mountain, Igneel started looking for possible enemies to take over their minds and other tricky strategies.
[Flyer Saurian: Small sized, Fly speed: 50ft (Average)]

Spot Check (Looking for enemies): 20+6=26  
Slave Xaccheus rolled 12 20-sided dice: 14, 5, 4, 8, 6, 6, 11, 8, 7, 11, 15, 1 Total: 96 (12-240)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:44 pm
((Rolling attacks for all twelve fighters that were on the launches coming at you, factoring in their +5 BAB...))  

Slave Xaccheus

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:49 pm
Miraculously, all the arrow-fire did not hit Igneel, and the three air-ships went flying past him on the way to the Hammerlock. Since Igneel knew about these already and decided to jump off and fly in, this doesn't count as a hiding enemy.

Meanwhile, Igneel sees nothing on the mountain itself, but after a potentially dangerous attack like that last one, anything is possible.

As of right now, the Launch boats are in range of the Ballistas on the Hammerlock.  
Jacior rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:01 pm
Shouting at the rocks in his hand (Casting Giant's Wrath [SC pg. 105]), Matthias takes aim and hurls one, which quickly grows on its way to intercept one of the sky ships. "I wonder what I'll be having for dinner tonight." He states rather bored. "Oh well, focus for now." Calling upon the power of his cloak he calls out the word "Air-Born," the words lifting the cloth into shing, black-feathered wings. He then lifts himself into the air and out over the railing.

Ranged attack, closest Launch Boat= 20 +18  

Jacior

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:32 am
User Image"By the Traveler! So much for strategy!" Oulviina rolled her eyes. "Hopefully I'll be able to at least assist the rest of us. Headstrong folks have no place in a war zone." Muttering to herself, Oulviina cast a spell into the Eldritch Tapestry, affecting targets within close range, granting them greater strength, stamina, and defenses. She then mounts her war griffon, Sabine.

{Casting Draconic Might into the Eldritch Tapestry. It grants a +6 Enhancement bonus to Strength, Con, and Charisma, as well as a +4 natural armor bonus, immunity to magical sleep and petrification. Duration 12 minutes. Affected characters: Oulviina, Rage, Sabine, Gavrial, Jude Phillips, Misery Mulligan, Halen Callegan, Delan Stormcrow, and Matthias Garlodin. Igneel, though part of the Tapestry, is out of range. Remember that any existing enhancement bonuses to stats (such as Gauntlets of Ogre Power +2) don't stack with the spell, they overlap (so Oulviina gets less benefit from the CON boost than some characters would).}  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:03 am
Jacior
Shouting at the rocks in his hand (Casting Giant's Wrath [SC pg. 105]), Matthias takes aim and hurls one, which quickly grows on its way to intercept one of the sky ships. "I wonder what I'll be having for dinner tonight." He states rather bored. "Oh well, focus for now." Calling upon the power of his cloak he calls out the word "Air-Born," the words lifting the cloth into shing, black-feathered wings. He then lifts himself into the air and out over the railing.

Ranged attack, closest Launch Boat= 20 +18

What's the damage, and please roll again to see if you hit it. This set you up for a critical shot.  

Slave Xaccheus

Jacior rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 6 Total: 11 (2-12)

Jacior

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:51 am
((Oops))

Damage= 2d6+10= 21  
Jacior rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:53 am
((Roll for crit))

((+18 to hit))

((we should get a seperate thread for rolls))  

Jacior

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:24 am
((Okay, now... I'm going to assume that the modifier is x2...))

The launch gets blown in half by the rock, sending eight people screaming down through the air. Congratulations, you just killed an entire boat by yourself.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:25 pm
User ImageGaining Oulviina's bonus, Delan twists on the spot, disappearing in shadow and appearing in mid-air between the airship and an enemy skiff. Bursting from beneath his heavy black cloak, two shimmering golden wings bear him aloft, carrying him closer to his target.

{Delan uses his Shadow Jaunt maneuver to teleport 50' straight out as a standard action, then flies using his Phoenix Cloak for his move of 30'. Hopefully he won't get shot to pieces before he arrives at his target next round... (I'm under the impression that the enemy ships will be reachable soon, but that they're probably a couple hundred feet out right now. If I'm mistaken, please let me know.)}  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Slave Xaccheus rolled 8 20-sided dice: 15, 4, 11, 12, 20, 17, 3, 17 Total: 99 (8-160)

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:28 pm
((Flying out puts you in range of their weapons. After this attack and yours, any remaining skiffs will disembark onto the Hammerlock and attack.))  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff