Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D Discussion: Your first character death Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How well do you remember it?
  I don't even remember my first character :(
  I kind of recall, but the details escape me... :|
  I remember it like it was yesterday. ^_^'
  ... it WAS yesterday! O_O'
View Results

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:32 am
Rain Yupa
Eternality_Cannon
How can I say this and not sound crazy? Ummm...

Pun-Pun (yes, my DM used him) blew up The Fourth Wall (an actual homebrew environment), eliminating the Dungeon Master and thus unravelling the entire multiverse. Naturally, this takes out EVERYTHING and EVERYONE. My DM was bored with D&D.

I'm actually somewhat amused by this.

Rocks fall Pun-Pun shows up, everyone dies!

Yeah, but when he decided to re-start, I managed to alter Pun-Pun just enough that it went over his head.

Boy was he surprised when that Great Wyrm Red Dragon, my "pet" (I forget what class I used and thus which little buddy I got, so I use "pet" as a replacement term) and I suddenly stopped what we were doing and busted out one of the most epic dance-offs of all time. It started off with some generic hip-hop artist, but soon it pulled a "Son of The Mask" and suddenly Pun-Pun 2.0 is singing Dio.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:42 am
Heh, my first character death, god, it's been nearly eight years now. He was a level 13 Ranger/Druid Hybrid. Simple enough explanation for his death, Death by Terrasque, resurrected a month later ingame, yeah, second death was an altruistic sacrifice at level 20, gave his life to protect the world tree in our homebrew campaign. Whenever we get back together to do a story or a quick encounter in that world, we always come across the world tree and the spirit of my character, who now acts as a kind of guardian for it. Nothing too funny or cliche about him, he simply was what he was and died for what he believed.  

Wolfe Whitehorn

Eloquent Elocutionist

10,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Citizen 200

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:44 am
I've played a lot of games but only finished a handful. Looking back on it now, I've only have 6 character finish a campaign from beginning to end.

But that's neither here nor there. My first character death actually happened in fall of last year. The DM was new to the whole experience so he basically made it up along the way. The party consisted of 2 DMNPCs: Kenny the assassin, Pino the cleric, Volvagi the monk, Neri*grumble*something or other*grumble* the bard, Vancleef the rogue, my Nikolai Delephon the savant (yes, I'm the oddball not using core).

Anyways, my character favoring brains over brawn chose to cross a rickety, old, weather-beaten rope overlooking a shallow body of water within a steep valley, first casting mend the as many times as possible. For some reason known only to the rest party, they decided that safety was not the way to go and started to cross all at once. About... 1/3 of the way in for them and 20 ft from the end for Nikolai, the bridge snaps in half and collapse. The next couple of rounds was like that scene from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom minus all the bad guys. After some Reflex saves, Nikolai and VanCleef ends up as the only ones to hand on to the bridge and climbs up to the other side. While the two of them secure a length of rope so the others can get up and out of valley, they get ambushed by 3 minotaur warriors. The monk makes it up first and joins the fight, then Kenny, Neri, and finally Pino who's action ends just on the ledge of the cliff. Unwilling to move and expose the ladies to harm, Nikolai stands his ground and casts Mirror Image on himself.... only to have the attack successful hit him and cleaving him in half...across the waist.

Moral of the story: two nat 20's and a confirm will mess you up.

On a side note: After Nikolai died, Pino, the cleric goes catatonic for 3 rounds which was long enough for the rogue to die because no one bothered to heal him or stabilize him.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff