Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Greatest Evil, Chapter One: Flawless Bounty Hunter Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:37 am
Gresh wanted to safe people, simple as to him. Somone lost was a potental teammate gone. As he though this is placed a second bolder next to him for ease of acess for a volley of rocks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:30 am
"If you believe in karma, maybe." Saul said in responce of Kimi's statement. "If you truly think, you can talk them into anything but a quick death, try you peace talks. Leave me out of if. I will provide cover fire when a fight breaks out but I am not talking."  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Jacior

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:54 pm
The other goliath, who had been fiddling with the string of his bow, finally speaks, looking up, "Look, I don't understand why we are still sitting here instead of taking some kind of action, so I propose that we get into the path of those patrols, we kill the patrols, and THEN we charge the ogre. How does that sound?"

He stops fiddling with his bowstring and starts moving from where the group is hunkered down to a building close to the hobgoblin's patrol path, when his companion grabs his belt, pulling him back. "You want to wait and see what we are going to do before you run off like an idiot, again?" Alexanders stern voice grating like rock against rock, as he scolds the rash act of the young goliath.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:02 pm
((OK, Liz can do all the talking she wants. She could convince them she's the little-girl Aspect of Erythnul.))

"We've got Big and Big'n'Crazy here." the gnome said indicating the two goliaths. "I think we can manage a monstrous mien. And this little sweetheart here," He waves a hand in Eliizabeth's direction, "could probably convince a fish to climb a tree. If I'm wrong, the direct approach is always still an option. And Saul, we wouldn't want you to talk, so don't worry your pretty little head."  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Slave Xaccheus rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:32 pm
((Rolling listen checks for two hobgoblins; we're using the same basic statistics as the hobbies on page 117 of the DM's guide, with the exception that they are wearing lighter armor and using a different weapon.))

You see the hobgoblin patrol round the corner again, suddenly stopping as if they heard something. You see them ready their dueling shields, figuring they know something isn't right.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:35 pm
{Elohim, with combined auras, is somewhere around a +40 to bluff, +42 to Intimidate, and +32 to Diplomacy, and he can take ten on all those skills even while threatened, and he can rush diplomacy checks without taking the standard penalty wink }
User Image"I could either lend my talents to your attempts to persuade the enemy, or I could take to the air and provide aerial support. Give me thirty seconds, and both the ogre and a guard patrol would be nothing more than ash." Elohim absently flicks a speck of dust from his immaculate raiment. "Or I could just teleport to the building over there and get past the guards all together. Whatever works for you all."  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Slave Xaccheus rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:36 pm
The hobgoblins didn't hear you talking, but they still feel suspicious of something. They begin looking around, trying to find you as they advance closer.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:37 pm
The hobgoblins find nothing, meaning you're still safe. But, one is starting to get nervous now.

"I'm telling you, there's something here. Something doesn't seem right, Gracklath."

"Shaddap, Gnash. There's not anybody 'ere but us, and the trash in the inn. The only thing we've got to worry about is the boss gettin' mad."

"I'm still not satisfied. We've been out here for three days, and there's that one gnome who got away..."

"Even if that weasel does rat, we're well-protected 'ere."

"I'm still going to keep looking around."  

Slave Xaccheus

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:53 pm
"Righto then. Heading up." Sindri waits for the suspicious hobgoblins to pass by before making his approach. He's not as fast as a girl on horseback or a flying deathangel, but he gets there, and he times his approach to reach the village between patrols.

If people follow, that'd be nice. If words fail, there's always the face-smashing tactic that everyone else is so fond of.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:17 pm
Gnash took ten on his spot check. Since nobody was really hiding, he saw everyone.

"See, Gracklath? I told you! I freaking told you that I saw something, and now we've got adventurers right in front of us! If we try to sound an alarm, they kill us. If we try to kill them, we get the snot knocked out of us, they take all our stuff, and then they kill us."

"Gnash..." Gracklath said, irritably, "Why don't you try sounding an alarm like the little pansy you are, while I try and distract them?"

"I don't wanna die, man!"

"Gnash, if they don't kill you just for being on the bad guy's team, I'm going to kill you, simply because I'm getting tired of you freaking out over every little detail."

"Little detail?! We are SCREWED OVER, Gracklath! We're fifth-level! We're grunts! We're minor characters! This is the first and last time we get any screen time!"

Gracklath pulled a horn from his belt (move action) and shoved it in Gnash's face.

"Blow the thing, you idiot!"  

Slave Xaccheus

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:39 pm
{Would it be acceptable for us to roll initiative now, or do you just want us to declare we're making attacks? Because Kimi would gladly just knock an arrow and fire already, but normally stuff like this would be in a combat order. I'm a little unclear about what we should be doing.}  
Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 2 20-sided dice: 11, 20 Total: 31 (2-40)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:17 pm
(Agreed with Sakura. Though I guess it is still open to stop.)

"Gnash, Stop!" Saul said stepping out with Sindri, Holding his gun up in the air. As to say he didn't want to fight, but peace for the moment. "We aren't here to kill you, yet. Though if you blow that horn, I will personally see to it that your last few hours on this world to be only considered as Hell." He said in a cold and merciless voice, staring directly at Gnash. "I would like to believe, you had no part of what happened here. We are here only for your prisoners, and you commander. I am sure we can come to an understanding that we both can walk away from. After all we aren't bad guy's just misunderstood."

(Intimidate: +13 Minor Aura (Motivate Charisma)
Bluff: +13 my skill and +13 Minor Aura (Motivate Charisma)=+26)  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Slave Xaccheus rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:49 am
((Rolling checks; the bluff puts Gnash at significant risk, which adds +10 to Gnash's untrained sense motive check, while the intimidate would be easier to pull off... I really want to see how this turns out...))  
Slave Xaccheus rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:59 am
Gnash takes the bait from your bluff, keeping his horn at bay.  

Slave Xaccheus

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:04 am
Gnash is not, however, intimidated by you, much to the surprise of himself and Gracklath. But, your bluff succeeded.

"Hey, Gracklath?"

"What?"

"Do you think that they might have a chance even in taking down our leader?"

"Gnash, for the love of Erythnul, what is wrong with you?!"

"Well, I'm just saying, why do we have to fight them? They're clearly superior to us, and probably even superior to you-know-who."

"I doubt they're superior to the Dark Lord Voldemort."

"No, no, the other you-know-who."

The bait was still taken, everything's improving, and you might have just made a new friend if not two.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff