Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The start of the Rest of you life: Chapter one; Betrayal Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drugged Lolli

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:14 pm
"If you want to turn back, you're welcome to. More for the rest of us."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:03 pm
"Oh no, I never said I was turning back. I'm just a little bummed that it's yet another Ghost Town... city... whatever. I want some of the stuff they have in there, too. But, you'd think whatever took down the place could have had more originality. As with the adventurers, there seems to be more dead or abandoned cities than there are cities that are still thriving."

Laucien was thoroughly enjoying this.

"But, if there weren't so many destroyed cities, there'd be less opportunity for us to beat stuff up, since the job competition would be pretty hectic. Meh, I'll never really be satisfied, will I?"  

Slave Xaccheus

Jacior rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

Jacior

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:21 pm
Looking around at the group, "Why is everyone so serious? This is an exciting thing happening. We are the first to explore the ruins of a city that is six years dead. Who knows what could have happened in six years!! For all we know, this place could be completely barren, void of life and treasure, Olidammara forbid."
Clenching his bow, which is seemingly always in hand and with an excited grin, "This good easily make us all rich, very rich, with what could be no risk at all! It is an entire abandoned city after all, who knows what has just been left lying around."
Crossing throught the gate he takes a quick look around (spot check), and heads for the nearest structure, poking his head inside, but not entering.
((19+10=29 not a bad roll if I say so myself))  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:40 am
"What's to say this place doens't have anything in the way of real spoil?" The gnome asked as he moved forward with the one with the bow.

"I once found a old decrepid church in the middle of no where. Sad little place it was. But I found some very nice stuff inside. Well more than one would think." Pausing for a second the gnome pulled out a long staff with a metal hook at the top. Fixing the lanturn to it he hoisted it up over his head and kept walking.

"So dont judge a book by its cover. Plus, you'd have no sence of adventure if you turened back from being the first to jump on an opertunity like this" A wild glint in the gnomes eye was evident as he spoke.

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:57 am
User Image"It's what a bunch of water-lovers get, if you ask me." The woman, of not uncommon height for her sex, taught of muscle, said as she pushed her way through the group into the city. Her blue-black hair and violet eyes betraying her lineage from some far away kingdom, her clothing was red as flame. A pale white mantle sat upon her shoulders, a flame pattern along its border. She strode in without hesitation, though she bore no armor nor weapon. "I say we get in and get this over with. Whatever befell this city may still linger, but it's just as likely that people are being far too superstitious. It's weakness to seal something up without learning what may or may not be behind it. Burn it out, and you gain the spoils. I only hope that the soldiers down below keep my mount well tended to."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:34 am
{Gonna assume, since we were sent here by the king, that we all know each other's names (and general skill set) already. We've been traveling together for a bit, I'd assume.}

User ImageGrowling as he reached the top of the long flight of stairs, the green scaled bipedal lizard, as tall as a human male, clicked its clawed feet on the stone. "There, there, Scaley. It's okay. You're gonna be fine." The gnome woman, astride the fastieth, patted its head affectionately. Her clothing was white, and well tended as if by a fastidious person. There was a cloak and a red cap, but the gnome's emerald green eyes and hair were striking. Large glasses sat upon her nose, and, though perhaps your eyes were deceiving you, it looked like a blue crystal medalion almost moved on its own. Looking over everyone again, she smiled. "Come on now, guys! This is exciting! We're the first people to venture into this city for over six years! I mean, imagine what wonders we might find in a city with ties this close to the elemental plane of water! Oh, I'd love to see that."

Nodding towards the cranky Vanhi, she mutters to Var, "What crawled up her butt?"  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:44 am
"Garl only knows" Var muttered back. He flashed a smile at the other gnome.

He began to chat away in his own launguage to his fellow gnome, it was a rolling and highly complicated speach patter. Though it passed from his native lips easily and precise, his voice was almost of laughter as he spoke

"Tall one's can be so damned serious sometimes, no sence of fun. I belive we should teach them the gnome meaning for fun, what do you think?"

((White texted for gnome speak =D))

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:00 pm
User Image[Gnome]"It's not a bad idea, but where would we get enough gelatin?[/gnome] Sharty chuckled.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:06 pm
Laucien looked over at Vahni. He knew of her background, as did everyone else most likely, but he figured he shouldn't say anything. After all, if she could do all that crazy stuff with her unarmed strikes alone, he didn't want to see what else she had up her royal sleeves.

"Well, if there is treasure, I can only imagine what it would be. If this place is as strongly tied to the Plane of Water as you said, maybe we'd have a few aquatic treasures on our hands."

Laucien looked over at the two gnomes.

"If you're planning something, I'd like to join in." he muttered softly, "Because right now, it looks like we'll be waiting on the DM until something awesome happens."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:33 pm
"You all realize that the chattering will alert anything nearby to us before we could find it, and that said things will attack?" He looked back at them, staring at them with a gaze as icy as cold as a tundra. "I would suggest silence, unless it's important. Something killed those guards, and it wants us gone. That means it would have had to know about us. It could be nearby, it could have left that message days ago. For now, keep alert and silent."

That said, he'd carefully continue further into the city, checking alleyways and doorways. "We should also start with a house by house search." He turns to Eunike, looking a tad uncomfortable as always when he spoke of her power. Magic was one thing, which he had finally gotten over... psionics, however, was quite another. "Could you, you know, do anything to... uh... help keep us from getting ambushed?"  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:05 pm
User Image"Hmm? Oh, I'm good at getting places, seeing things... But I'm afraid I don't have a lot of stealth or scouty stuff. I s'pose I could send Blue out on his little lonesome to see if there's anything around, but I'd rather not send him off too far. He is very small, y'see."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:27 pm
(Yes, you can use a Heal check on the blood. I will also take a Knowledge [nature] or Survival)

The cool mountain air was made only colder as the watered cooled air flowed by the Adventures. It was almost too easy to see this city in it's greatests moments. The buildings was built into the sides of the cave instead of on top of the flatted out ground. And the strangest thing was none of the buildings had doors, or any covering on them.

The place where they stood was some kind of shipping and receiving area. Half opened boxes of old pickaxes and other supplies sat along the walls. The biggest thing waiting to be moved was the blower for a forge.

The closest building was a Tavern named 'The Foaming Chicken', both Laucien and Ententre, Seen a shadow of a person pass by the window of the second floor of the tavern.

Ententre, Also seen a small humanoid with a crossbow pointed at the group, nearly 60 feet away from the top floor. Of what can only be discribed as a Guard tower. But the person quickly vanished into the shadows as quickly as, ---- blinked

Tik'tek'tok, found a footprint in the dusty on the floor, but it turned out to be her own.  

glitterboypilot

Archfiend Damio rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:22 am
[Heal check for blood +8, totaling a 28. Way to use those 20s for useful things...]

Thy'lis thought quietly to himself as he inspected the blood he wanted to learn what he could this may be worth inspecting it may not but why risk it. After looking at the blood Thy'lis made his way to catch up to the others to let them know what he found out.

As he approached he caught the end of the young woman's comment about burning things. A quiet fellow Thy'lis was tended to only open his mouth when he felt the need.
"Knowledge is power they say. And fire burns most knowledge how can anything be gained from burning but destruction and death. While I don't like the idea of water because it too can destroy memories of the past its is far more easy to control then fire. You take kind to what you burn everything has a price and you might be burning something that is worth more then you." He left his comment a little cold have said what he wanted he cared not to hear a response and he moved forward to address the Gnomes who seemed cheerful at best.

"Interesting indeed. You must teach me your language I still have yet to find studies on it. What other tongues can you thrash about in?"
Words seemed a little awkward when he spoke he seemed to know talk much as it was know. But he couldn't help but question and seek out new and interesting facts.

[Not much of a post here, sorry not much I can do at this moment.]  
Disciple of Sakura rolled 2 20-sided dice: 13, 8 Total: 21 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:24 pm
User Image"Without fire, you would freeze to death in the winter. Without fire, there would be no sun. Fire is the life giver, and all it asks in return is to consume detritus and that which is meant to return to it. But I never said to burn the city down. I only meant that we move quickly, deal with whatever ails the city, and be gone, as a flash fire cleanses a forest. Let's get this scouting errand over with."

Vanhi moves to find cover, and does her best to stealthily approach further into the city.
{hide +13, Move Silent +13, respectively. Edit: Hide 26, Move Silent 21.}  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out