Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The start of the rest of your life(full) Update Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starting level?
  Epic. (If you chose this one, I will hunt you down and throw 2d20 dirty dipers at you, 100d20 each. How is that for epic?)
  1 (Me loves you)
View Results

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:13 pm
So... we've got three people... I think I need to invite some of my friends.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:21 pm
Cool, cool, cool, half a level for Cannon Sakura and Raganui and an extra 1000 gp as promised. We will give the people some time, Besides we have 3 that is enough for a group. Now if a lovely Reevinja, her clone or one of the crew would make us a folder then we could get down to the dungeon

Ipedo, I am not familiar with that class. And I don't think i have the book. Tell me about the class.  

glitterboypilot

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:11 am
Are you allowing LA buy off?  
Rock_DS rolled 20 6-sided dice: 2, 5, 2, 4, 3, 1, 5, 2, 6, 6, 3, 3, 4, 6, 5, 3, 2, 5, 1, 5 Total: 73 (20-120)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:45 am
May as well start with the stats

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
Rock_DS rolled 8 6-sided dice: 5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 6, 3, 4 Total: 31 (8-48)

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:48 am
Last rolls.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:46 pm
LA Buy off is, Something like

> LA +0 32 point buy character.

> LA +1 25 point buy character.

> LA +2 18 point buy character.

> LA +3 10 point buy character.

> LA +4 00 point buy character.

Right? If so then I have no problem with that, provided you don't roll out your stats and only use the point buy for it. I only found this info by googling it and this came up with something about E6(Something else I am clueless about). So If I am off or the buy off is something different, tell me.

Ipedo, give me some time to make my choice. I will give you an answer by tomorrow at the latest  

glitterboypilot

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:18 am
Not sure where you Pulled that probably because a person starting an ECL 1 game and allowing people to play Higher LAs made that for stat balance. But I have no idea what that is. I am talking the my ECL is 6 with 5 class levels and a +1 LA well that LA will not be worth it at higher levels as such tehy give the option of buying off your LA at certain levels. At level 3 (ECL 4) you can buy a LA of +1 to +0 by paying the exp cost (which would reduce you to a ECL 3 character because you pay to reduce your Exp and pay to get rid of that +1 LA so while everyone has a 4th level you still have a 3 level Character but instead of a 3rd level character with an +1 LA you have a LA of +0 and 3 class levels. Because you had to get the exp of a 4th level character to get your 3rd class level you now just basicly trade that 4th level exp and reduce your self back down to third. And you make yourself an ECL of 3 Then with D&D self correcting system you eventually catch up to the others levels.

Now my home group and I found that a character with an LA of 1 could by off at 3rd level and reach the rest of his party at 7th level. (Assuming everyone got the exp for battles at there CR.) Meaning if you start a game at an ECL of 7 or higher a PC could be allowed to take a +1 LA race (or temp) and have it bought off and caught up by now. (So basicly for free.) So given that this would be a ECL 6 game I would say that would mean you hadn't caught up yet you would have an +0 LA but you would only be an ECL of 5.

IF you wanted to start with a LA of +2 you would buy your first one off at sixth level so you would start at as an ECL of 5 as well but only with 4 class levels.

This is all assuming you don't have racial HD if you do you can't count those as Class levels and reaching the minimum level for buy off i by class levels. So if you were to play a Lumi (MM3) of example if has 2 Racial HD and a +2 LA you would then have to attain 6 class levels on top of your already ECL 4 character before you could by off the first LA so if you were to play in this game you would only have 2 class levels and at ECL 10 (your 6th class level) you could by your LA to a +1 and become an ECL 9 then by your next one off at three more class levels later (9 total class levels not including HD)

I know its a little confusing if you don't want to use it that's fine I have another character lined up pretty much I was just asking to see if you were familiar with it. IF you do plan to use it, its located on page 18 of the Uneathed Arcana book if you have it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:22 am
Alright last question then I can pop out a character for you sense this is the only thing I am waiting on.

Flaws and traits, in or out?

And if they are in are we allowed to use the ones online as long as we approve them with you on a case by case basis?  

Archfiend Damio

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:32 am
I hope "in" since I used a trait, myself...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:54 pm
Y'know, I just realized that the character I submitted was pretty much all Tome of Battle. Completely missed the line on allowed sources. sweatdrop Is that alright, or do I need to submit something else?  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:01 pm
Ipedo; Yes, you can play the Factotum class.

Jester; Yes, Flaws and traits are allowed. Aslong as the Flaws are true flaws. Ie, a archer taking Shaky. And I will a low only two flaws and two traits. I do have the Unearthed Arcana, but I think I only opened it once. I normally only use the SRD for the UA info. But, I will allow the Buy off. Kind of like a test drive.

Shaky
You are relatively poor at ranged combat.

Effect: You take a -2 penalty on all ranged attack rolls..

Disciple; I read your character and if I had a problem I would have told ya. Everything is cool, I do have Tome of Battle. And in fact it is still one of my favorite books.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:06 pm
What about the Draconomicon, Savage Species, and MM2? Those all have druid spells I'd be able to cast should I prepare them (MM2 uses Beget Bogun, useless until the next level, but it still counts.) and I need to know if I should say "Hey, we've got a few new spells here!" before using them.  

Slave Xaccheus

Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 10 4-sided dice: 4, 2, 3, 2, 1, 3, 1, 3, 1, 2 Total: 22 (10-40)

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:51 pm
Rolling HP for a psion  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:34 pm
I think this party could use a caster type. I submit for DM's approval Eunike Adamidis, but you can call her "Sharty."  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:19 pm
Hey Crimson, isn't that character picture form the Valthirian Arc game?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff