Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
PHB3 I got mine, and It's pretty sweet Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JinKazamaru

2,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:00 pm
I finally got my hands on mine... seems my Monk/Brawling Fighter is doable... but might lack AC... his reflex score should be great... if I roll with a 16 str 16 dex... I can get away with a plus 3... but I'm limited to cloth... my brawler style hybrid feat will give me alittle more but not much... 14 AC is abit low... but he will be able to use a Ki focus and spiked gauntlets has abit of a focus on knocking people prone early on which isn't too bad if I pair it with grabs and get some feats for armor/grabs but if I can grab/flurry blow that might be cool

but It might not work if gauntlets can't be used with a Ki focus... it says nothing about what weapons a ki focus effect... for a monk... my guess is any weapon they can use... which if he is half fighter gauntlets would work fine... I can't use unarmed monk strike because of the half class... but the gauntlet work as a weapon and are considered my hands to be free... so I can grab two people if need be I wonder how interesting it will be to knock two enemies prone than hold them down for my party

also I'm curious how a Battlemind/Warden might work out for a Dwarf... the background makes sense if he battles Far realm enemies... or... Shardmind arg

Cleric/Runepriest... honestly... why do we need runepriest they are way too close to each other  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:13 am
JinKazamaru
Cleric/Runepriest... honestly... why do we need runepriest they are way too close to each other
i keep hearing this and honestly, i don't get it. the only things they have in common are divine leader and a str primary build. to say nothing of the specifics of the class, the cleric has a much bigger focus on healing as a primary function while the runepriest is more of a support build, with bonuses and resistances as a their primary use.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:33 am
Kradh needs needs to multi/hybrid with Runepriest  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:08 am
Arc Vembris
Kradh needs needs to multi/hybrid with Runepriest
hybrid would be quite the trick, you dumped the runepriest's primary stat.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:40 am
hmm, and his Str is probably too low to qualify for a multiclass feat too, damn  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:01 pm
Got mine today.

I LOVE THE MONK CLASS MORE NOW =D
Can't wait for Martial/Divine/Primal Power updates.  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:53 am
I really enjoy the monk, but I don't like the way the other Psion's work. The augmented at wills do nothing for me. And although the New Races are all pretty cool, I can't imagine RPing any of them out of combat. =/ There's some nice variety in this book, but IMHO there's not nearly enough to get excited about compared to PHB/PHB2.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:32 pm
I actually don't like the new races at all for that reason.

Mechanics are great and all, but if I can't RP them as a real character... no interest except for designing builds with to assauge boredom. Not something I'd want to play. Doesn't help things that the other races seem like the kind of thing, mostly, that you see around prevalently enough that it'd make sense to be player characters. The new races mostly strike me like they should be NPCs.

I mean... the Giths, maybe even minotaurs, I think I could work with. But... the wilden and shardminds?

Also eh about the psionics, but I agree on loving the monks and all the versatile theme options they seem to offer. Haven't had a chance to look into seekers yet.

Also, not interested in hybrids much, but maybe that's just me. Mostly feel like classes are nicely spread and flexible as they are. Main interest in hybrids is just to see if I'm right about warden/paladin making the ultimate sheerly defensive tank.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

JinKazamaru

2,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:08 pm
I personally think if I ever play a Wilden I'll request the DM to let me mod the appearance alittle... those guys are butt ugly... prehaps allow such a form but have different forms that effect where one lived... like how plants or trees really are... I sort of do the same thing with Reveant or whatever from D&D Insider... but with whatever past life they had if they were a Dragonborn he would be this brought back to life Dragonborn... it makes the ability to gain the breath attack less odd... when it is coming out of this humanoid body

as for Hybrid... my money is on Dwarf Fighter/Warden for best defender...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:24 pm
It's official. i want an ardent.  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:48 pm
True, /fighter means you can get at Dreadnaught, and dreadnaughts are amazing. I haven't checked yet to see if you can take multiclass feats on hybrid, to see if the P/W could do that too. Then again, I haven't researched paladins and wardens as much as fighters. They might have an amazing defensive PP too.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:32 pm
Psychofish
True, /fighter means you can get at Dreadnaught, and dreadnaughts are amazing. I haven't checked yet to see if you can take multiclass feats on hybrid, to see if the P/W could do that too. Then again, I haven't researched paladins and wardens as much as fighters. They might have an amazing defensive PP too.
you can multiclass as a hybrid. I know people on wizard's charop boards are combining that with the windrise ports background from the FRPG to creature 3.5 flashbacks.

i like the battlemind's iron guardian if you just want hardest to gank. Warden's get storm sentinel who's lv. 16 bonus helps durability. Paladin's get Champion of Corellon to make heavy armor even better for their defenses, plus heal when they action point. those are the only overtly defensive paths i can see.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

JinKazamaru

2,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:18 pm
Dwarf using second wind as a minor action really helps when your a Warden... plus I love controller/defenders... the ability to lock down enemies adds to the black hole effect they attempt to have the ability to not be pushed and pulled makes Dwarf yet another ideal choice... put a hammer in his main hand and a shield... combine it with battlerager at level 11... he will be pretty hard to kill... with a str con build that can tank... its like a tanking Barb/Druid  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:54 pm
I called my gaming store today, to check the status of my order (for PHB3). Though not naming the book, they told me that it hadn't come in yet, so check back next week.

During dinner, I get called and they leave a voice mail. The owner was telling me how my order for The Plane Above doesn't have a release date for several more weeks.

... I think they forgot to order my PHB3 >_>'

Though, I did do some impulse shopping today. I picked up a few nWoD books (I now have Core rules, Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, and Changeling), Pathfinder + Bestiary, and Anima. Pack those in with Eclipse Phase, Legend of the 5 Rings, and Mutants & Masterminds, and I should be golden as a source of info for whatever games people in the guild might run or participate in.

Darn it, you guys cost me a lot of money.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:00 pm
Rain Yupa
I called my gaming store today, to check the status of my order (for PHB3). Though not naming the book, they told me that it hadn't come in yet, so check back next week.

During dinner, I get called and they leave a voice mail. The owner was telling me how my order for The Plane Above doesn't have a release date for several more weeks.

... I think they forgot to order my PHB3 >_>'
>_o that kinda sucks.

also post in the coliseum.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out