Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Dragon Age Game: Recruitment 6/6 FULL! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iDragow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:28 am
*slams fist on table* I call dibs on the Dalish Ranger! He's mine! scream  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:39 am
If you have access to the PHB and want to check out fourth edition I highly reccomend This. Touches all the major bases of gameplay. Ask away with any specific questions.

I'm leaning towards human circle mage, but I really like their dwarves as well.  

SlimeGuru

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:28 am
iDragow
*slams fist on table* I call dibs on the Dalish Ranger! He's mine! scream

I knew someone would get it razz Reev, I believe we have 5 people interested so if you set up a sub forum could you please call it.....hmm, I can't think of name right now. Just call it NayrVentess' Dragon Age Game for now lol, don't worry guys, it will change!

I am going to have a look at stuff both DnD and DA:O today, and then will post some info. for you guys to start building your characters.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:33 am
If you guys haven't seen it yet, I have done a huge update to the first post of this thread. Check it out as it gives you information on making your characters and the background of this game.  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:28 am
Going to read it very soon, just trying to get my BG game up ><  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:49 pm
Read the front page, I'm gonna stick with human, gonna be a new recruit grey warden.

Shall go read the stuff and get my character made.  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:17 pm
Cool cool, by the by, if someone has been with Soveliss for almost a year, it doesn't necessarily mean they have done anything in particular. I just thought that perhaps some of you may want your characters to have a close relationship with him, like Alistair and Duncan in DA:O.

Also, it may be cool if a pair of you (or more) went through your joining together, both having survived obviously. Perhaps you were friends before, or perhaps you both see each other as a rival, and don't particularly get on.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:31 pm
I'll be a human too, and I'm bouncing between a few classes. Still waiting to see what others are playing.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:35 pm
Sorry about not getting mine up yet, I've been distracted today >< Trying to get some stuff of my own going.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:58 pm
I haven't beaten the game, but I've played part of it and I'm working on completing it. My brother, however, has beaten the game twice, and his guide spoiled a few things to me, so I know most of the major plot elements and have no fear of spoilers.

That being said, WOOT!! LET'S DO IT! Lol. So, part of me says to go with my gut and play a swordmage. Another part of me says, "But wait, we still need a healer," and wants to play a cleric. But I will get to that character after this weekend, as I've been grounded from my computer and I'm kind of using it illegally while both of my parents are out of the house.

Oh, and I know you're DM, but two things:

Classes: You should let people play Assassins (from some issue of Dragon, they're available on Character Builder) for the Assassin rogue specialization, and Barbarians for the Berserker or Reaver Warrior specializations. Also, Swordmages only wear leather armor... while I realize this may be unbalancing, I would consider allowing them to wear something heavier, since it goes against the DA:O lore. Maybe swapping out their Swordmage Warding class feature (which gives them a +3 to AC if their off-hand is empty, +1 if they're wielding a two-hander or dualies) for heavier armor proficiency.

Races: Maybe, MAYBE allow one person to be a Goliath and call it a Golem (see the DLC for Shale).

Lastly, ALL OF YOU READ THIS. Either class, my character will have been part of the Circle, and most likely will be a male elf. PM me if you want to work on a joint background.  

Rhaegar14

SlimeGuru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:15 pm
I'm thinking either a human sharpshooter rogue, or possibly a dwarf brawler fighter. Ive got too many ideas actually, these just popped up first.

The rogue would be from one of the southern Banns and joined up because the blight took most everything from him. He survived by hiding well, knowing when to run, and seeing that you can't get darkspawn blood on you from across the battlefield, behind a tree.

The dwarf would have been a commoner and seen joining the wardens as an escape from the constant struggle just to eat. He just wanted to start over. Bhelen promised reform, but the ancestors saw that Harrowmont took the throne. The Wardens, while not as honorable as the legion of the dead, seemed a more survivable long term career goal.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:10 pm
I'm interested. Do you allow for all the Power books and Player's Handbook 3?  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:00 pm
I'm going Human warlord I decided. What's the deal with languages?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:11 pm
I'm taking a Human Rogue, sort of going for a balanced dexterity sneaky type.

My first 4.0 Game, so any suggestions will be appreciated.

I'll post my sheet soon.

Also, don't know what people are on about with 4.0 >.> It's creation time isn't that much faster than 3.5 or Pathfinder >.>

I suppose for new players it's lower, but yeah..

I'm assuming the standard tent is for two people still??

So... I'm gonna just go ahead and cut my tent down to half for a single person tent.... well.. wait, nah, I'll keep two person.

Someone can cuddle with me >.>

What is this Prof stuff on weapons?  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:21 pm
Caster class of some sort... either cleric or wizard... so hard to pick....  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff