Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Themed Party ideas Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:48 pm
iPedo
SporkMaster5000
iPedo
My RL gaming group was working on putting together an evil party based on the Seven Deadly Sins. Sadly, DM never got around to getting organized enough to run it.
that could be really fun. what was sloth going to be?

Ended up as the party's NPC boss, having them do all the work.
xd and here I was imagining some kind of caster that focused on summoning. that's so much better.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:21 pm
SporkMaster5000
iPedo
SporkMaster5000
iPedo
My RL gaming group was working on putting together an evil party based on the Seven Deadly Sins. Sadly, DM never got around to getting organized enough to run it.
that could be really fun. what was sloth going to be?

Ended up as the party's NPC boss, having them do all the work.
xd and here I was imagining some kind of caster that focused on summoning. that's so much better.

I think that would work better for Gluttony.

Summon 1d4+1 badgers, then "GET IN MAH BELLY!" time.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:34 am
I could see sloth: Mindbender (Complete Arcane)
Gluttony would be more of a: Vampire or some sort of consuming dependent creature.. think there is some in one of the Abyss books.
I would see Greed as a: rogue almost all the way.
I could see Wrath as a: Barb/Frenzied Berserker Just makes sense.
I could see lust: As an Enchanter but I would make it either an Incubi or Succubus.
Envy: Doppelganger with some class levels in Changling class for Races of Destiny.
Pride: Would either have to be a Blackguard or an evil knight I suppose could work.

At least that would be the line up I would pull off the top of my head.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:03 pm
The Jester of Equilibrium
Pride: Would either have to be a Blackguard or an evil knight I suppose could work.
a cleric that worships himself as a god. take leadership and start your own cult.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:33 pm
Human female beastmaster ranger with a wolf companion.
wilden barbarian, favor the wrath of the destroyer and get low int
warforged fighter who uses an axe
razorclaw shifter, either a pacifist healer or some kind of squishy controller.

Dorothy, the scarecrow, tin man, and cowardly lion. rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:48 pm
SporkMaster5000
a cleric that worships himself as a god. take leadership and start your own cult.
Oh wow.

Even out of context.

I think I need to do this now.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Drugged Lolli

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:06 pm
SporkMaster5000

Take the Inquisitor prestige class from the Oathbound setting.
(Gains the ability to forcefully convert people by talking to them for 5 minutes, and at later levels can do this with crowds.)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:29 pm
Psychofish
SporkMaster5000
Oh wow.

Even out of context.

I think I need to do this now.

... isn't that the concept of Jello's character (though, paladin instead of cleric), Fish? I'm pretty sure that's what Kat and Erinn explained to me in my first year of HoH.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:13 pm
I've been toying with this idea:

Your average adventuring party (you know, with the tank, the healbot, the scout, and so on), with one twist: Not a single one of them, in any book, is a standard race. We're talking a 100% monster party. Instead of being the sword-wielding conqueror, we'd be dealing with said conquerors and furthering our own agendas rather than working for someone.

It's essentially an alternate POV type thing. This idea is pretty much where you're the bad guys, who initially are beaten up by a group of NPC Adventurers who leave you for dead as they move on to your initial boss, yet you survive (whether by having the DM fudge the roll and you become stable and eventually recover, or the adventurers just let you flee) and soon you heal up, and face a whole new world now that your boss is gone. You're also faced with a dilemma: The rules usually are that the underling monsters die off with their boss. Since your boss is dead, but you're not, what do you do now?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:28 pm
Gluttony would be more of a: Vampire or some sort of consuming dependent creature.. think there is some in one of the Abyss books.
I could see lust: As an Enchanter but I would make it either an Incubi or Succubus.
Envy: Doppelganger with some class levels in Changling class for Races of Destiny.

And I'm guessing you got Envy's idea from FMA?  

Slave Xaccheus

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:30 pm
Eternality_Cannon

or just that copycatting people is the most obvious execution of envy.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:45 pm
SporkMaster5000
Eternality_Cannon

or just that copycatting people is the most obvious execution of envy.

I figured that Envy could be a red dragon baby. Seriously, what's more envious than a Dragon? The greed, the hoarding treasure, the killing people due to an item it wants... No, wait, that's greed... Well, let's just kill the rogue to compensate for that. Seriously, there's too many of them these days...

As a side-note... Monster POV Party, yes or no?  

Slave Xaccheus

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:07 am
A dragon wouldn't make sense for envy.

Besides what you described was greed and a Kobold rouge on the other hand would be great for greed. Sense Kobolds are just as greedy as there dragon counter parts.

And no I didn't take the idea from there its just makes the most sense. As it would want what others have and what better way to take it then to become them the problem is by the time they get it they want something else.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:11 am
A dragon wouldn't make sense for envy.
what if it was a green dragon? rofl  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild