Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Stupid character concepts Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:34 pm
I've always wanted to a Half-Giant/Halfling :3

... wait...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:35 pm
Rain Yupa

... wait...
there should be a way to do that, only the stats come out to be equivalent to a human. that would be awesome.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Seiryna

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:50 pm
Rain Yupa

... wait...

Halfling with giant born template >.>' done, see how easy that was =p
well ok its not the same, you're a halfling born from a giant <.< not a half-giant just a halfling born from a giant...tho I'm to lazy to go get my books atm or I would even tell you what traits you would get from it lol I do know it does increase your size by 1 so yes you would be a medium sized halfling with str+ and con+ mods, just trying to think of which parent was the giant and wich was the halfling....I don't see either being a very pretty mating attempt.....yeah I'm weird when I make a char I actually think about things like this...course my main D&D char has 2 moms and no father >.>' I love magic devious *cough* ahem anyways.... *brings it back down to PG*  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:01 pm
The peasant Rail Gun. Yay physics denial!
Hire 1000 peasants or just random people to stand in a line. The first person hands an object to the next. This is a free action. The next person also uses a free action to hand it off. Repeat 998 more times. The object would have moved 5000 feet in less than a second, standing reason that the object broke the speed of sound (at least), and would one shot anything in its path.  

Durgress

Seiryna

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:47 pm
Not really a stupid char. idea but just a stupid rule loop thats fun to do when you're bored as hell to new DMs not like I would ever be that mean <.< ok so I'm going to spend all my money on buy ladders.
DM: ok...why do you need so many ladders?
Me: well you'll see, next I buy a saw and cut all the rungs off all the ladders. Dm: Ummm ok....
Me: now I'm going to sell all the 10foot poles I made back to the shops, and more then quadruple my money, so I can buy this magical item.
Dm: wait what... how does that eve work >< *looks it up*
Me: 10foot ladder = a few copper. a 10foot ladder = 2 10foot poles. one 10foot pole = a few ******** rogue....
I didn't actually get to keep all the money I made off doing that XD and luckily the DM was my friend so we all had a laugh after words lol  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:32 pm
I once had a Lawful Good (NOT lawful stupid!) cleric of Death and Destruction. He had no deity; he worshipped the ideal. Here's how it worked:

His philosophy was that everything will one day break (even if that day is a long, long way off) and everyone will one day die. Even powerful Liches die one day, when a plucky band of adventurers smashes it's phylactery. To him, Death and Destruction were the only universal constants, and trying to deny universal constants is inherently chaotic, and an abomination to nature (evil).

He wasn't suicidal, and he would heal his allies ("your day will come, but not right now") but he never cast a ressurection spell, much to the dismay of the party.

Of course, rescuing kittens out of a tree by disintigrating the tree was of much amusement to all involved...  

Foremek

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:20 am
this isn't exactly a character idea, but since durgress posted the peasant rail gun, i guess it fits in. anyway, dungeon just ran an article on floating elemental motes (usually earth motes, you know, chunks of ground just floating around in the air) and then I was looking through the compendium and noticed the window of escape. Now I have this idea of characters staking their claim on some kind of floating base of operations, building a keep right at the precipice of the thing, and then putting at least one window of escape facing out from that side. How do they get back to earth? they jump out the window, hurtle miles through the air, and then after they hit the ground, they stand up and brush themselves off. parachutes are for pussies.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:37 am
Had an interesting 3.5 character concept that I would enjoy trying some day. Basically... a human barbarian. He wields a longsword. He has Improved Unarmed Strike and Improved Grapple. He's basically built so that if need be he can two-hand the sword and deal lots of damage, but still able to free up a hand to punch someone or grab them then start bashing their face in with his sword hilt.

It flies in everything I've ever believed of for a barbarian... aka the strong dude with the two-hander of death.

Now, you might ask 'why the longsword and not the b*****d sword?' It's simple. I don't have to spend a feat to use it (in one hand) which means that said feat can be put to better use, such as rage feats or Toughness, or something else useful.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:56 am
Raganui Minamoto
Had an interesting 3.5 character concept that I would enjoy trying some day. Basically... a human barbarian. He wields a longsword. He has Improved Unarmed Strike and Improved Grapple. He's basically built so that if need be he can two-hand the sword and deal lots of damage, but still able to free up a hand to punch someone or grab them then start bashing their face in with his sword hilt.

It flies in everything I've ever believed of for a barbarian... aka the strong dude with the two-hander of death.

Now, you might ask 'why the longsword and not the b*****d sword?' It's simple. I don't have to spend a feat to use it (in one hand) which means that said feat can be put to better use, such as rage feats or Toughness, or something else useful.
there's actually a 2nd edition fighter combat style, and a 4th edition fighter build based on that exact idea. taking it to the barb is a nice twist.

I had an idea based on the 4e build where it'd be a gnoll who likes to latch onto whatever he's set his sights on. claw fighter, a lot of grabbing attacks, basically just make him really sticky and play it up as him jumping bodily on whatever he's attacking and digging into it until it dies. very savage ******** like your usual barb, but with more grabbing you by the throat and less giant beatstick, only it'd easily be single class fighter.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:44 pm
Most imbalanced character idea of all time?

Anthropomorphic Mastodon. The tusks have reach, he has a third weapon-using limb (his trunk) and even stomping on you does massive damage. And all this is when you start him off.

Now, combine this with a Barbarian. Scary mofo when it gets mad.  

Slave Xaccheus

iDragow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:49 am
SporkMaster5000
there's actually a 2nd edition fighter combat style, and a 4th edition fighter build based on that exact idea. taking it to the barb is a nice twist.

I had an idea based on the 4e build where it'd be a gnoll who likes to latch onto whatever he's set his sights on. claw fighter, a lot of grabbing attacks, basically just make him really sticky and play it up as him jumping bodily on whatever he's attacking and digging into it until it dies. very savage ******** like your usual barb, but with more grabbing you by the throat and less giant beatstick, only it'd easily be single class fighter.

That's a character I had an idea for. He would be completely insane, of course, cackling at the most dark and depressing things you could think of. But, according to the standard rules for 4e, you can't enchant your claws. So he would be getting weaker and weaker comparatively the higher his level. Not usually a problem for PbP, but still an annoyance.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:59 am
They changed the claw fighter feat to allow you to enchant/disenchant your claws. They also count as having open hands as well for class features that care (new fighter build, swordmage)  

SlimeGuru

iDragow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:41 am
...they did?! Hallelujah! It's about bloody time!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:23 am
SlimeGuru
They changed the claw fighter feat to allow you to enchant/disenchant your claws. They also count as having open hands as well for class features that care (new fighter build, swordmage)
actually, according to the march update
Quote:
As the text stands, a gnoll with this feat cannot gain the +3 benefit of the aegis because it is considered to always have a weapon in each hand.
which I think sucks, because even if it is a balance issue it needlessly hoses the brawler. I'd happily house rule otherwise even if it makes for dual-wielding gnoll swordmages with unreasonable AC  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:21 pm
So, dragon had a bunch of paragon paths for bards that multiclassed, one for each power source at the time. The bard/martial path has the following feature:
Quote:
Daring Improvisation (11th level): When you make a martial melee weapon attack, you can use Charisma for the attack roll and damage roll in place of the ability score required by the attack.

I've liked it ever since it was printed, but only recently put my mind to the possibilities. The funny thing is you can take this path if you're a martial class multi into bard. The really funny thing is that if you start the campaign in paragon tier, you could potentially make a character who never could have made it to paragon tier in the first place (or at least would've been awful up until then). For instance, a resourceful warlord with only int and cha, or an inspiring warlord who uses cha as a primary stat and either con secondary for HP and fort, or dex secondary for init and reflex. Or you could just be the most intimidating fighter ever. You could even be a Dashing Swordsman.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff