Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Checking Interest: snow campaign "Ragnarok" 3.5 d&d Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:01 pm
I need to stop planning before we get a book list XD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm
It never hurts to at least jot down some general ideas. I can never resist the thought of playing Dragonfire Adept. Of course I'd have to hope for Dragon Magic to be in the list. *hint, hint* ^-^

Edit: Or for that matter Dread Necromancer from Heroes of Horror. For some reason I've been interested in a Necro-themed character for some time now.  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:02 pm
Awww. Come on Yurro! Why d'ja go an' steal ma thunder? *smack* Next time, I'm using my ring hand. Kidding, though if given the chance, I'd love to test out a frost mage of my own.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:08 pm
LOL MT, you know that I'm not an expert when it comes to "specialized" spellcasters like Necros. Thats your job. Besides, I love the 'Dragon' look waaayyyy too much to just go and play something that I've only thought about in theory.  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:31 am
Frost Mage's are preaty kick a** =D I'm really hoping to work a Truenamer from Tome of Magic. If he allows most of the 3.5 books I can work it to get a halfway decent use of Truenames. Though that all depends, the mechanics of the class are a little more wonkey.

I considered going a Castelvania route a while ago. That would be interesting, but I want some high destruction right now =D Maybe the clockwork army....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:15 am
I am just going to put some basic character creation info up so you can begin to get an idea of your character. I will give the details of character creation tomorrow and begin asking Reevinja for a subforum.

Here is a list of books I have availble: PHB, DMG, DMG 2, MM 1-4 (1 & 2 are 3.0 though -_-), Complete Warrior, Complete Arcane, Complete Adventuer, Complete Devine, Races of stone, Races of wild, Races of Eberron, Frostburn, Sandstorm, Stormwrack, Planar handbook, Lords of madness, Magic of Incarnum, Spell Compendium, FR Shining south.

I also got Heroes of Battle, Savage species, Psionic handbook, Monsters of Faerun. However these books are all 3.0. But if you find something that interests you, we can update as needs be.

I don't want to limit you based on my libary, so if you can present me detailed information on what ever class or item outside these books you desire, I am more than willing to give it a look over and give you the thumbs up.

So the players I got are

1: Rock DS
2: Synyster pope
3: Bamotaku - pending on books
4: Gan-kun
5: Joe-dude
6: Deorai Winterblade

7: Yurro - pending on books
8: Krahken

9: MT the Clown

I was planing on 4-6 players, but I am willing to extend the amount of players to 8. However I may make your starting lvl 8 instead of 10 to compensate. So go ahead and vote if you want to extend the party cap to allow the extra guys or not. If you feel a two lvl drop is too steep, I may instead decrease it to 9, admittedly I just like working with even numbers.

Sorry Oshi, I though highier lvl was more apropriate for this setting.

Also Sorry Yurro and Rock, I am not familiar the Dragon magic or Tome of magic books, but as I said if you can some how lay out the details of what ever you want from them I am more than happy to go ahead and let you use them.  

Shingami Hiroshi

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:21 am
Whhaaay!!!

Well this just kicks all kinds of a** =3

I'll just need to ask a minor tweek to the TrueNamer to fix the mechanical issue of it. It's a very easy fix =D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:50 am
How are stats/health going to be done? Roll or point buy?

And how much gold will we get?  

joe-dude667

Synyster Pope

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:25 pm
Sweet. I sorta wanna play a blade dancer from Oriental Adventures if that's okay. I couldn't play that right off because It requires minimum character level 9 for all the skills I'd need, but it's an awesome class and I really wanna play it. If that's okay with you, I'll start out as a spellthief. Otherwise I'll be a fighter/barb probably.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:19 pm
I can go with either 8 or 10th level, either way I'll still get what I want once you let me know if I gave you enough info on the books I requested.

Edit: I think its only fair to go with the lower level to let others play. There are some people that are asking to play that I don't recall playing in all that many games that have been held here.  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Shingami Hiroshi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:36 pm
Synyster pope - Its alright, I was able to get my hands on the OA book. Your free to play both blade dancer and the spell theif, I have familiarized my self with both and they seem ok ( the eventual +30 on skills as well as skill mastery seemed a bit much at first, but seeing as a monk becomes an outsider, no longer ages, gets tongues, etheral, dimentional door, heart exploding attack and what not, it seems fair for you to have the it).

Ok, I will posts the specifics on character creation tonight. In the mean time I would like your feed back whether you would like to increase your party size to allow the extra or keep it at six and lvl 10.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:29 pm
No strong feelings one way or another about party size here.  

bamaotaku
Crew

umbarildododa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:35 pm
IDC either, but I've never done this, so if I'm a bit slow, let me know, and I can drop in favor of somebody else.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:51 pm
I've designed a lvl8 character assuming we were going to have a bigger party. Might as well let the others join, more the merrier! mrgreen

At the time being I'm Barbarian 5/Holy Liberator 3, though I might change it a little. I'd show you the sheet but it's a bit plain without ability scores. sweatdrop  

joe-dude667

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:04 pm
Hmm.. Well I would love to pay if you have the room have the room someone drops or withdraws then will be more then wling to play.

Just a question are you going to be using the frost burn book?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff