Reply 39: Spirituality.
God is the only way (no joke) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

khadicake

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:33 pm
wow,christains have no respect for any other religion or beliefs. this is something i have always experienced with them,either their trying to convert you or their preaching. they want you to be open minded to thier beliefs but their rarely open minded to yours. (of course, i am exagerating not all christains have been this way,but a copious amount have)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:39 pm
this is something i am very confused about, christains always seem to be praying to Jesus. why pray to him when you can pray to God. it's almost polytheistic with all the saints and prophet they pray to. i belive that the church is corupt. i think that if you are a good person and do right that God loves you whether you worship him or not,and he could care less about what religion you practice.  

khadicake

Lillith Face Two

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:26 pm
khadicake
this is something i am very confused about, christains always seem to be praying to Jesus. why pray to him when you can pray to God. it's almost polytheistic with all the saints and prophet they pray to. i belive that the church is corupt. i think that if you are a good person and do right that God loves you whether you worship him or not,and he could care less about what religion you practice.

I agree, its so messed up that if people don't follow a certain religion they are automatically going to hell.
I doubt these people's all knowing and all loving god would send someone to hell for not going to church or worshiping her/him in some other form.
If you look at it, most religions are exactly the same, just with different names.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:23 am
thank you,and it's very true many religions are similar.  

khadicake

Imitation Stradivarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:07 am
MeZicH
I'm anti religion because its brainwashing the masses into giving money to PEOPLE who do and have done nothing but evil in the name of their religion.
Most Christians don't even follow their own morals or laws.
Religion will be the end of us.

Correct a mundo! Religion is man's atttempt to rebind ourselves to God. (meaning Adam and Eve were bound to God in Eden, then they ate the fruit and got kicked out).

Sadly there are many tv evangelists out there earnestly trying to steal peoples' money for their own gain. The Bible says that when they get to heaven and tell God that they preached in His name, He will say, "I never knew you."

Correction: Most Christians TRY to follow the laws given to us by God. Considering we are human, we suck and we're stupid (that's why Jesus refers to us as His flock because we are dumb like sheep) and we can't follow them perfectly because we are NOT God. That's why Jesus was crucified - He led the blameless life and His blood covers our sins so that we may enter into heaven if we only believe in Him wholeheartedly.

And you're right. Religion WILL be the end of us. Revelation specifically addresses this issue. People will be so caught up in praying to their false gods and holding on to their stuff that they won't see the glory of Jesus and God and the Holy Spirit.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:15 am
khadicake

Because Jesus IS God. John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God." Jesus is referred to "The Word made flesh."

And the saints being prayed to I totally disagree with. God is the only God and He alone should be prayed to, worshiped, exalted and honored.

I know which church you are referring to, and I agree that that sect is indeed corrupt.

Yes, it is true that God loves you regardless of your religion, but He also loves you regardless of what you have done. "If you ask Him to forgive you of your sins, He is faithful and just and will cleanse you of all unrighteousness."

God states in the Old Testament that He is a jealous God. He also says in the Ten Commandments not to worship any other gods before Him. And in the New Testament, Jesus says that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. "The only way to the Father is through Me." The context clues there are that He does care what religion you follow and that He wants you to follow Him so you can be with Him in heaven.  

Imitation Stradivarius

Imitation Stradivarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:24 am
[quote="MeZicH]I agree, its so messed up that if people don't follow a certain religion they are automatically going to hell.
I doubt these people's all knowing and all loving god would send someone to hell for not going to church or worshiping her/him in some other form.
If you look at it, most religions are exactly the same, just with different names.

Yeah, they are going to hell.

My All-knowing, All-Loving God would send anyone who did not believe in Him to hell. It is a very real fact. God doesn't say, "Go to chuch and you're going to heaven. Stay home and you go to hell." He says that the greatest commandment is "To love your God with all your heart, all your soul, sll your mind and with all your strength." God says "Do not worship any other gods before Me." He says He is a jealous God.
"If you believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is LORD, you will be saved."
And yeah, most religions are the same on the surface, but there's a distinct difference. Hinduism says that all paths lead to the same destination. Buddhism says that you are your own god. Mormonism says you will be a god yourself when you die.

Only Christianity demands perfection. Only Christianity demands that you love limitlessly and turn the other cheek. Only Christianity has one path to salvation. Only Christianity has the most mindblowing idiots on the face of the planet! And Only Christianity tells the facts.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:27 am
Giyari
Nancia
We are ALL God's children... Jesus the Christ taught us that.

prove it, then i may belive you.....
and tbh, dont say read the bible, i did, it seems more like storys with morals than cold hard facts...

That's how all religion is. The stories aren't literal (I'm looking at you Southern Baptists), and you don't take them at face value. They are meant to be studies and meditated upon, whereas you will find the deeper meaning and morals underneath.

Wow, I'm being awfully nice today. I'm used to bashing Christianity, lol.  

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:54 am
Imitation Stradivarius
khadicake

Because Jesus IS God. John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God." Jesus is referred to "The Word made flesh."

And the saints being prayed to I totally disagree with. God is the only God and He alone should be prayed to, worshiped, exalted and honored.

I know which church you are referring to, and I agree that that sect is indeed corrupt.

Yes, it is true that God loves you regardless of your religion, but He also loves you regardless of what you have done. "If you ask Him to forgive you of your sins, He is faithful and just and will cleanse you of all unrighteousness."

God states in the Old Testament that He is a jealous God. He also says in the Ten Commandments not to worship any other gods before Him. And in the New Testament, Jesus says that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. "The only way to the Father is through Me." The context clues there are that He does care what religion you follow and that He wants you to follow Him so you can be with Him in heaven.

Which Christian bible do you read? That could make all the difference in the world, you know? And have you ever read the Apocrypha? Did you know it even existed? Try reading The Lost Bible by J.R. Porter, and you'll have your eyes opened.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:02 am
You're all making good points here. I myself am Christian and I pray to God, not Jesus. Some Christians are narrowminded, I assure you, I'm not one of those types of Christians. I believe that as long as you believe in a higher force or think that theres a higher force, then you're doing good. Just as long as you don't worship the Devil or anything like that. eek  

Kaijin No Soki

Versatile Hunter

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:11 am
"In the beginning, according to 2 Enoch, God moved in a setting of 'invisible things' and the act of creation primarily involved making the invisible visible or bringing the non-being into being. This was accomplished by two invisible agents, called Adoil and Arkhas. Adoil is an unknown name, but Arkhas may be connected with the Greek word arkhe, an important concept in early Greek physics.

"At God's command, Adoil gives birth to the light and Arkhas to the darkness and these respectively constitute the upper and lower foundations of the world. Next, the mixing of these fundamental elements creates the other features of the universe: light and darkness together water (see extract, below), which in turn produces the seven heavenly spheres and the dry land of earth.

"Finally, God creates the first man from various earthly and celestial components--human reasons, for example, is said to come from 'the mobility of angels and from clouds'--and gives him a name, Adam, derived from the names of the four directions in Greek." -- JR Porter, Lost Bible, pg. 12

From the Second Book of Enoch, chapters 24-27

"Before anything existed at all, from the very beginning, what is, I [God] created from non-being into being, and from the invisible things into the visible.

"And I commanded the lowest things: 'Let one of the invisible things descend visibly!' And Adoil descended extremely large. And I looked at him, and behold, in his belly he had a great light. And I said to him, 'Disintegrate yourself, Adoil, and let what is born from you become visible.' And he disintegrated himself and there came out a very great light.

"And then to the light I spoke: You go up higher and be solidified and become the foundation for the highest things.' And there is nothing higher than the light, except nothing itself.

"And I called out a second time into the lowest things, and I said, 'Let one of the invisible things come out solid and visible.' And Arkhas came out, solid and heavy and very red. And I said, 'Open yourself up, Arkhas, and let what is born from you become visible!' There came out an age, dark, very large, carrying the creation of all lower things.

"And I gave the command: 'Let there be taken some of the light and some of the darkness.' And I said, 'Become thickened, and be wrapped around with light!' And I spread it out, and it became water."

According to this passage, God did not create everything in the universe. Adoil and Arkhas had already existed; however, God commanded them into visible things, still clearly expressing his authority over all beings (even ones not created by him.) Adoil and Arkhas' creation and/or existence is perhaps as enigmatic as God's.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:39 pm
Imitation Stradivarius
khadicake

thanks, i was always confused why they did that. surprised  

khadicake

Imitation Stradivarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:45 pm
The True Lord of Darkness
You're all making good points here. I myself am Christian and I pray to God, not Jesus. Some Christians are narrowminded, I assure you, I'm not one of those types of Christians. I believe that as long as you believe in a higher force or think that theres a higher force, then you're doing good. Just as long as you don't worship the Devil or anything like that. eek

Lol I am one of those Christians, but interestingly enough, I'm one of the more freethinking individuals in my church. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:47 pm
Fictional Like Truth
"In the beginning, according to 2 Enoch, God moved in a setting of 'invisible things' and the act of creation primarily involved making the invisible visible or bringing the non-being into being. This was accomplished by two invisible agents, called Adoil and Arkhas. Adoil is an unknown name, but Arkhas may be connected with the Greek word arkhe, an important concept in early Greek physics.

"At God's command, Adoil gives birth to the light and Arkhas to the darkness and these respectively constitute the upper and lower foundations of the world. Next, the mixing of these fundamental elements creates the other features of the universe: light and darkness together water (see extract, below), which in turn produces the seven heavenly spheres and the dry land of earth.

"Finally, God creates the first man from various earthly and celestial components--human reasons, for example, is said to come from 'the mobility of angels and from clouds'--and gives him a name, Adam, derived from the names of the four directions in Greek." -- JR Porter, Lost Bible, pg. 12

From the Second Book of Enoch, chapters 24-27

"Before anything existed at all, from the very beginning, what is, I [God] created from non-being into being, and from the invisible things into the visible.

"And I commanded the lowest things: 'Let one of the invisible things descend visibly!' And Adoil descended extremely large. And I looked at him, and behold, in his belly he had a great light. And I said to him, 'Disintegrate yourself, Adoil, and let what is born from you become visible.' And he disintegrated himself and there came out a very great light.

"And then to the light I spoke: You go up higher and be solidified and become the foundation for the highest things.' And there is nothing higher than the light, except nothing itself.

"And I called out a second time into the lowest things, and I said, 'Let one of the invisible things come out solid and visible.' And Arkhas came out, solid and heavy and very red. And I said, 'Open yourself up, Arkhas, and let what is born from you become visible!' There came out an age, dark, very large, carrying the creation of all lower things.

"And I gave the command: 'Let there be taken some of the light and some of the darkness.' And I said, 'Become thickened, and be wrapped around with light!' And I spread it out, and it became water."

According to this passage, God did not create everything in the universe. Adoil and Arkhas had already existed; however, God commanded them into visible things, still clearly expressing his authority over all beings (even ones not created by him.) Adoil and Arkhas' creation and/or existence is perhaps as enigmatic as God's.

There's a reason that those books were left out of the Bible. They are false testimonies and they contradict what has already been written.
I will be extremely close minded in my faith because I see no reason to believe things outside of the Bible are true.  

Imitation Stradivarius

39: Spirituality.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces