Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 92: Skateboarders Unite!!! Shread here!!!
Trick Tips Thread! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ptr362

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:51 pm
How to do an Ollie North!

Ok, i thought i'd share this tip with everyone here, it's really simple to explain, and my friend is now better than me at them because of what i told him!

first off, an ollie north is where your front foot comes off the board in front of you while doing an ollie. not really an amazing trick but it's something that can sometimes look cool.

to do an ollie north, you just need to be able to do ollies comfortably but change one technique. as you ollie you should know that even the board out, after the pop, with the outside part of your foot. right? good. it's very difficult to disconnect your front foot from the board this way. if you instead, even out your ollie with the inside of your foot, straightening your leg as you push, you should get you're front foot of the board.

it may feel a little odd at first, but i'm sure that after a few attempts, you'll be able to land ollie norths all the time! hope this tip helps you as well as it did for my friend!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:22 pm
Ok I cant get a 180 F/S pop shove it for my life can somebody help me?  

Falling Under the Stars

Ghetto Thrasher

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:42 pm
Killakid_007

180 and Pop Shove are 2 diffrent tricks, unless your talking about a Big Spin (180 and Pop Shove it at the same time). The best way I can help you is if you tell me what happens when you keep trying that trick.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:10 pm
Ghetto Thrasher
Killakid_007

180 and Pop Shove are 2 diffrent tricks, unless your talking about a Big Spin (180 and Pop Shove it at the same time). The best way I can help you is if you tell me what happens when you keep trying that trick.

Well somtimes I can only land one foot and somtimes the board just flips 90 degrees  

Falling Under the Stars

ptr362

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:44 am
are we on about big spins or pop shove its? because although "180 and Pop Shove are 2 diffrent tricks", perhaps Killakid_007 is just describing the amount of rotation the shove it is, like you would with larger spins. i dunno.

Could you rephrase it please? is it a pop shove it (board rotates 180 in front of you), a FS shove it (where you board rotates kind of behind you), or is it a big spin (where you body rotates 180 and the board rotate 360 in the same direction) ?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:19 pm
Killakid_007
Ghetto Thrasher
Killakid_007

Well somtimes I can only land one foot and somtimes the board just flips 90 degrees

Just turn your board and body little harder. And if you keep landing one foot, just keep trying eventually you'll land it. Just force that one foot to get on the board.  

Ghetto Thrasher

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

kittiesR2cute

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:40 am
ptr362
Some advise

kickflips are hard to explain, different people might tell you different things about how to do them. here's some tips before even trying the trick, may be obvious to some, but hey, it's free advice! lol

if you have a board that's not really professional, it's much harder. cheaper boards don't seem to be designed as well for doing tricks, i improved a lot faster once i bought my first decent priced board, it was one of the local skate shops own boards. if skateboarding is a major hobby to you, invest in a decent board

check you're trucks, ideally you want to go still be going in a straight line when preparing for the trick. steering side wards will put you off, also, if the wheels are sanding holes into the board, the trucks are probably too lose. try to have your trucks so they're not lose and will go in a straight line when you push it away in a straight line.

I'll do anther post trying to explain kickflips, although i don't know how good my advise on it will be
I agree sometimes your tricks might depend on the condition of your bored and it would also depend on what trick your doing to determine whether going in a straight line would help you or not i know 360 kickflips are a real pain in the a** but after practice and making sure your parts on the skateboard work right it all pays off  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:58 pm
I skate mongo How could i learn to do tricks in that stance LOL i don't skate goofy or regular my friends say so The board i own is a 151 concave
And i love it but can't even ollie cause i kate all mongoish any sugestions for me?  

Lord-Alucard-Hellsing-666

Ghetto Thrasher

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:45 pm
I wish I can help but that's one issue i've never faced in my life. My guess just learn to push regularly. But it's tough once you're used to pushing mongo you're going to be stuck that way. But there's one good thing about pushing mongo. You can learn to Nollie (Nose Ollie) easier that way.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:38 am
um i do freestyle stuff such as hand varials,manual tricks,flimingos, practicley things that Rodney Mullen does so if anyone needs help with anything of the sort i can help  

AlmostSk8er13

koraxas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:12 pm
can any1 give me advice w/ a nollie varialheel  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:56 am
koraxas
can any1 give me advice w/ a nollie varialheel

ill have to get it myself  

koraxas

ptr362

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:52 am
Lord-Alucard-Hellsing-666
I skate mongo How could i learn to do tricks in that stance LOL i don't skate goofy or regular my friends say so The board i own is a 151 concave
And i love it but can't even ollie cause i kate all mongoish any sugestions for me?

huh? mongo is a way of pushing not a stance, once both feet are on the board, you're either regular or goofy. like i'm goofy but push mongo when skating in regular stance (switch or fakie, whatever you wanna call it)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:44 am
isn't mongo bad...it's hard to balance when you placing your front foot on the board...  

Zit Begone

Noob

Ghetto Thrasher

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:15 pm
GC Kei
isn't mongo bad...it's hard to balance when you placing your front foot on the board...

yea true. i only mongo a few times to do some nollie or fakie tricks.  
92: Skateboarders Unite!!! Shread here!!!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games