Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 92: Skateboarders Unite!!! Shread here!!!
Official Skateboarding Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ptr362

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:21 am
Though i'd embed a video of me doing a 360 roastbeef early grab, it's only 8 seconds long and was done on my camera phone about 16 months ago:

EDIT:

Ok i guess it'll have to be a link instead:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bZHZkAG0yU4  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:53 pm
not bad. i guess i should practice those sometime. that 360 variation was rapid. i wish i can spin that fast when i early grab tricks.  

Ghetto Thrasher

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Innocence of a Shadow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:15 pm
it was sick. I strongly wish i could do that...for the moment, i suck horribly....  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:41 am
Ghetto Thrasher
not bad. i guess i should practice those sometime. that 360 variation was rapid. i wish i can spin that fast when i early grab tricks.

it's not too difficult, the reason why i can do it is because i can keep my board tightly to my feet because of the grab.

that's also the 4ft box thing where i did my long manual into a rock and roll on the mini ramp u see at the end of the footage  

ptr362

ptr362

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:09 pm
Went to my local skate park today with a friend and his board to try that 360 again (last one was well over a year ago) and it was a lot harder this time, guess it's cuz i rarely skate now, and when i do, it's street stuff.

any way i filmed our little session, got it edited and it's up on youtube if anyone wants to kill 4 minutes! nothing great but it gives you a better idea of what i'm like on a board now. oh, also, the song in the background is a remix i done! biggrin

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=S6QaXAd6RDA  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:56 pm
nice! your local skatepark is better than mine. almost the same but yours look better.  

Ghetto Thrasher

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

ptr362

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:54 am
ours is usually covered in broken glass so it was really cool when we got there and there was virtually none at all. i'm aching everywhere now from that session yesterday!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:31 pm
Well I have an interesting issue of Transworld Skateboarding magazine: 2008 Buyer's Guide. There some interesting choices:

Hi Tech boards:
Almost - Uber Light: Carbon-fiber cored.
Almost - Impact: Carbon-fiber discs under the mounting holes.
Birdhouse - Black 6: 6-ply, the 6th is thicker and squarer. Ultra bond glue.
Black Label - Powerbeam: Vertically laminated core between plies.
Blind - Eternal Life: Composite weave (Aluminum/epoxy glass) in the core.
Darkstar - Armor Light: Carbon-Composite layer in the core.

New popular companies:
Armada
Crimson
False Profit
Finesse
Heroin
SC Veterans Division
Shut
$lave
SK8MAFIA
Skate Mental
Sugar
Western Edition

Any comments?  

Ghetto Thrasher

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

ptr362

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:35 am
i haven't bought a skate magazine in years! lol, i don't bother getting to deep into it anymore, just like to go out and skate and leave it at that.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:53 pm
I just happen to have a year suscription for free. And just buy once in a while to see if some of my favorite skaters are winning any contests.  

Ghetto Thrasher

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

ptr362

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:53 am
thats cool, i've got a subscription to a metal magazine, got 5 free CDs out of it as well! i use to buy skate mags but i'm just not that into it anymore, i'll just go out and skate, mind you, started to happen after the extreme sports channel went rubbish! lol  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:33 pm
yea it's called the MTV effect. xd that's just me but a lot channels just try to copy what MTV (showing stuff that doesn't mix with the channel). MTV is not showing music, G4 is not showing video game shows, and Fuel is going downhill with their extreme sports shows. People rather watch Reality shows these days.  

Ghetto Thrasher

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

ptr362

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:11 pm
i really hate reality shows, you got big brother in the USA right? i hate that so much! luckily i got through it without hearing too much about it this year!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:33 pm
I'm new here and I just started skating like 4 months ago so I'm not that good........  

Alex_G_4444

Ghetto Thrasher

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:27 pm
no worries we all have to start somewhere.  
92: Skateboarders Unite!!! Shread here!!!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games