Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Parue

Tricky Cleric

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:27 pm
Catori & Lyra ~ Post 1

Lost... she was completly lost. How could she have gotten off of the path in a place like this. It had been twilight when she had desided to head back to her littel clearing that she called home, but somehow she had wondered from the path she had walked a thousand times, and now all she could see was the faint sillouette's of trees and more unending dakness. She stood out like a sore thumb, littel catori. A Dainty white mare with candycanme markings and brillian scarlet eyes. She made her way through the underbrush, the faint light makeing her shine like a spectre. She was getting a littel discouraged and frightened, she felt like she was wondering in circels, the chirping of insects and night animals sounding louder and more threatening then they should have. Tiny red hooves crushed the fallen and dead leaves beneath her as she weaved through the trees, her ears flicking nervously.

Wondering through that same forest not too far from the small mare was Lyra. Multicolored body looked like the heavenly stars themselves, as did his hair, cyan colored eyes looked about the darkness as the sound of crunching leves under his hooves caused his ears to twitch with each crunch, as did the sound of night animals aind insects.

What he wasn't expecting to see as he passing bu a opening in the dense folliage was another horse...but this one seemed lost. Turning from his original course, that being straight, he turned and made his way out from between several medium height bushes and made his way toward her. "Are you lost?" He asked while making his way toward her, a flip of his head sent his dark hair flying about his face and neck before it fell straight again.

Starteled by the sudden voice of another she fliched and made a squeak. Stepping back caused her to tangel one of her feet and dump her unelegantly to the floor bottom first. "Omph... " she said and shook her head and looking up a the stallion with wide candy colored eyes. " Oh.. actaly I am.. " she said, her voice quiet as if she were about to cry. ontop of the frustraitions now she was covered in leaves! What a night... " ..do.. do you know your way around here? " she asked as she pulled herrself upright, then spying a patch of leaves stuck to her flank, coloring her candy cain markings she reached her head to removed them but ended up walking in a circle twice like a dog chaseing its tail before giveing up with a frustraited sniffle.

Watching her fall to the ground he was quite startled by the mare's obvious fustrations. Finding his voice though Lyra spoke up his voice soft and soothing. "Are you alright?" He asked, unsure if he should ask for a name, so he knew what to call the brightly colored mare.

Hearing she was lost he chanced a look about before nodding slowly. "A bit...I'm rather new here but I know enough of the area right about here..." He said slowly before he moved closer to her and leaned down to brush the leaves from her flank. Pulling back when they were gone he nodded once.

"All gone." He proclaimed moving to stand infront of her, his head ducked a bit. "What is a mare like you doing wondering around here all alone, and obviously lost?" Lyra questioned with a tilting of his large head.

She looked up at him, small pale face greatfull, the snowy whiteness of her pelt framed by candy red and forest green of her mane.

" I waas on my way home and i saw some fireflys.... i was watching them for a while, while i was walking home, and now i have no idea were i am " she said lowing her eyes to the ground, blushing slightly from eberassment. How silly that a fully grown mare -well.. i guess that was relative, he could stand next to her and hide her from sight she was so small- to be distracted by something so childish. Looking at the ground showed off that her eyelids were rimed with candy red to match her hooved and eyes.

"Ahhh I see, well I'm sure we can both work to find your home." Lyra said nodding his head once. Cyan eyes looking over the red and green detailed mare as he pressed his nose to one of her ears. "So don't worry, we'll get you home." He assured.

It wasn't childish that fireflys distracted her byt rather cute and innocent, he could see himself following fireflys and watching them wink in and out of sight, they were quite pretty with their bright little lights and such.

She smiled shyly and have back a nuzzle of gratitude " Thank you " her tail swished happily, her eyes seeming a littel less frightened. To be honest being along in the forest in the middle of the night terrorfied her. She mentaly scolded herself untill she saw the offending culprits floating off behind some trees. Her eyes flicked to the but she kept herself next to the stallion..

" OH!! I forgot to tell you my name! ' she said, blushing once again -wich seemed more obviouse on her snow white face then it would be on any other soquili- for her lack of manners " My Name is Catori ' she said, giveing once again that shy smile that said that even full grown she was still very young at heart.

"Not a problem, wouldn't want you getting lost even more or even worse, hurt, while your out here all alone." Lyra said smiling down at her as his tail swayed lightly behind. ""Now what does your home look like...and in what direction where you going and from where?" So he could figure out how lost she was, hopefully she wasn't too lost.

"Blinking he laughed outright before calming and bowing his head. "I apologize for laughing...but I hadn't realized you had forgotten...then again so did I...I'm Lyra." He said smiling politely down at the female at his side. "And your name is quite lovely."

Catori blinked up at him, the smile growing sightly " Not many people care about another lost in the woods, and would just continue on there way, thank you. Uuum... I live in a small clearing... it has holley and misteltoe laced around it... i was comeing northwest from the plains... but i dont know were i have gotten myself to now... " for all she knew she could be near the coast by now.

She blinked and blushed a littel brighter at his laughter but her smile grew at the compliment "Thank you... Lyra, thats a very nice name to, i have never heard it before. "

"Well I'm not quite sure where that is but I'm sure we'll find your home. As for others not helping another who is lost I don't see why that would be...anyone lost should be helped..." He said slowly almost a bit sadly. How could someone not help another who was lost? I mean they could get hurt or even more lost...and become lost for a long time....it was just plain mean and uncaring.

"Mmmm...I'm glad my name is so unique...and that you like it." He said ducking his head a bit and smiling at her. "Now let's find your home."

"some are more preoccupied with themselves and their goals, and dont take the time to help others, or wont even notice someone needs help " She smiled, her ears percking up happily, her happy prance seeming to sep back into her step even though she stayed tucked along side lyra. " And im glad you think my name is pretty " she said with a soft smile on her face. She looked around, haveing to poke her head out a bit to peek on the other side of lyras neck, trying to look for something she remembered without ventureing back off into the forest. Even if she did it wasnt like he couldent see her, but she didnt seeit like that.

But sadly no luck she was completly and utterly lost.

"I'd rather be open and see everything around me, as well as my own goals whatever they may be. I would feel terribly guilty if I were to ignore someone who was in need of help..." He said shaking his head lightly. It would be a very sad thing if he were to not help someone due to his own seflcentered ways, he couldn't see himself ever like that.

Nothing their status as still lost he sighed and stopped after some walking. "How about we leave the forest all togather and find your starting point and head to your home from there? Perhaps that would be easier....?" He suggested lightly.

" ...sounds fine to me if you can figure a way out of here " she said, eyeballing the fireflys that floated around, winking and sparckeling as if taunting her for her carelessness. She gave a short -not unlike one of a young foal- her tail swishing slightly faster. The beads on her legs clicked and chimed slightly, matching the chimeing of her seashell necklace.

"That might be easier, I think finding our way out of the woods will be far easier then finding your home from here..." He said nodding lightly as he turned around to head back the way they had come. "Come on then Catori, we'll find your home even if it takes a while." Lyra said determined to help the other and find her home, no matter how long it took.

She looked around one last time as hopeing to catch a glance of something familiar.. but then as the darkness started to close around her she turned and bolted next to him, her littel pegs gave ing to carry her faster to match his much longer stride. She caught up with him and slowed just a bit, determined to keep up with his much longer legs, her striped legs danceing over the rich earth beneath her. How lucky she had been to stumble -literaly- apon a careing and considerate soquili at this time of night. But judgeing form the looks of him he seemed to be one more inclined to the night, all covered in starts as he was.

Perhaps he was more night inclined, he was, and maybe it had to do with his appearence but he couldn't be sure. He simply found it far more soothing and relaxing it wasn't too bright and harsh on ones eyes like the sun was, and it wasn't as hot as it was during the daytime. It was simply more pleasent and calm...peaceful.

"If you see anything you notice let me know..." He said as he slowed his pace to make it easier for her to keep up with him, for all it was worth he didn't try and move faster then her, he was still not used to his own larger body and the longer strides, and leaving people behind easily.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:46 pm
Catori & Dyami ~ Post 1

With a jingeling of beads she pranced her way across the feild. Under the starry night sky she glowed, the light of the stars and moons casting a ethreal glow to her white coat. Scarlet eyes and hooves glinted, their bright gleam only highlighted by the night around her. It had been so long sence she had seen any of her old friends. Her dear friend Cel was a great grandmother, others all busy with their familys. Yes she had met a few new faces, but still it was discourageing tocome back home to find everyone else caught up in the gears of their own life, to preoccupied to notice her return. Not that she was complaining, she was happy for them, glad that they had found their strive in life but here she had left nothing behind to show she was even there. even on the brightest and sweetest of soquili it oculd make one a littel loanly, even just for a simple conversation.

Dyami was out late this night to jsut take a little time to take a nice walk from unable to sleep. he was happy to be with his mate, to know his kids where doing well even his grandson seemed to be doing alright from the last he saw him and he would have to take the time to see him sometime soon. but after havign seen Cel he realized how long it had been since he had seen his old friends like Hanina, Alona and even Catori whom he concedered to be like a sister to him. it made him wonder how she and his other old friends where doing. chuckling to himself he wondered if any of them where out and about or if they would be shocked to hear he was a grandfather but soon to be great grandfather but didnt even know it

Hearing the sounds of familiar chuckeling she skiddedd to a stop, all fours locking in place as her ears twiched, her eyes scanning for the source of the sound... ah-ha!!! There, on the rise next to her, haveing materialized out of the night as if she had summoned him was Dyami! So familiar in coloring that onyone looking at them would think hey were twins, and in her mind thats just what he was. And how long it had been sence she had seen him. With a happy littel neigh she booked it up the hill twords him, her littel legs raceing her up the hill as fast as they could, once again haveing to skip to a stop before running into him. "Dyami!! " she yelped, a huge grin on her face.

Dyami's ears perked at the somewhat familar neigh he had not heard in quiet some time. lookign about his eyes grew wide at the sight of Catori who was racing towards him and as she came to a hault just infront of him and comign very close to knocking into the old stallion. " well well well as full of engery as i use to remeber old friend." smiling he was shocked and glad all at once that Catori had shown up. they really did look alike as they both had the same coloring which was why they really where like sister and brother together. " it really has been too long Catori."

" It has " she said giveing the same sweet smile that she always had and nuzzeling him affectionatly. Though it was a bit of a reach as he was a tad taller then she was. Seeing him now, just the the other friends she had run into, made her heart ache at the fact she had been gone so long. Her tail swifhed back and forth like red and green streamers, dusting and the ground, makeing the feathers attached to it twirl and dance in the breeze. " How have you been, its been ages sence I have spent any time with you... in fact.. " she said thinking about it ' I think the last time i did was when your mate was pregnant ' She said, one of her ears twiching off to the side as she slid into her own thoughts for a moment, realizeing how long ago that was.

Dyami gave a brotherly nuzzle right back still the smile was stuck fermly on his face. " i been doing well. if fact really the last tiem i remeber was when Tori my daughter was a foal when she went runnign about and ran into you with me havign to chace her around." he had to give a good chuckle at the memory of when Tori ran about and caused him to have to chase after her everywhere. " but since then my two boys Jazz and Feniri also my daughter Tori have all grown into fine adults who i am proud of. in fact i'm a grandfather because Jazz had foals with a mare named sundance a while back but sadly i only know my grown grandson Rhaspody because sundance had taken off to leave Jazz with Rhaspody. its a shame but im happy to say Jazz has found soemone else who he is mates with who i still have yet to meet." shakign his head with a small laugh he grinned. " i hope im not over loading you with whats been going on in my life since i last got to see you and im sure you got much to tell me."

" Oh yes I remember that! ' she said, feeling silly for forgetting such a think, and then her eyes went wide, her ears falling over to the sides as her littel candycane brain tried to soak up all of the new information crashing through her ears. "Oh my I have missed alot. " she, shakeing her head and her ears snapping back up to attention... slowly a sly littel grin crept across her face " Grandpa Dyami " she couldent even get through it without giggeling. She was a swet littel thing but haveing no children of her own she couldent picture her loveing dyami as a grandfather, she grinned at him but kept giggeling, the effort of it makeing the faint blush on her cheeks grow. It wasnt realy mocking or mean-hearted laughter,she didnt have those sort of emotions inside her, but it did give a slightly goofy mental image.

" indeed you have missed alot" Dyami couldnt help but laugh at Catior's reaction to hearing he is a gradnfather of two." come on now you can't tell me its that bad of a thing!" oh he knew her giggling was not to be mean or anything as he knew Catior would never do such a thing as she was as sweet as his own daughter who didnt have a mean bone in her body. " i'm sure Tori would be giggling along with you and making comments about me being old." chuckling it was always liek Tori to tease her own father. " so do tell me whats been goign on with you i think its rather boring just talking about only me and my family."

Grinning " Oh id never call you old, because we are the same age you know " she said, her laughter finaly bubbeling down to a happy sigh. She smiled ' Nothing much realy, I have been gone so long to the other side of the mountaints, that now that I am back everything is different. Your a grandd-papa, even cel is a grandmother and an elder on top of that, and there are so many new faces around that im not even sure were to start. " Demonic soquili flying around, and all sorts of horses in the water, even some that were half-whale type creature, indeed things were so much different from when she left if it werent for her friends that were still around she wouldent be able to recognize a thing.

" well that makes you and my mate the only ones who wont call me old so far." Dyami gave a small chuckle and gave a nod. " yes i heard about that from Cel herself as i ran into her recently and its nice to see good friends i have not seen in so long." he gave a grin and nudged at her to follow him to walk. " lets walk and talk shall we? things definatly have changed and theres so many new faces about its hard to keep track of whats going on sometimes but in the end its refreshign to see familar faces."

" Old definatly not... just... aged to perfection? " she said with a sweet smile that said she was ocne again covering over giggels.She pranced along beside him, moveing like she always did, as if she hear some littel jingel that only she seemed to notice. " I have met a few nice new soquili though, i swear i had to ahve been seeing things though because I could have sworn a saw a soquili with fins on her! " she said, shakeing her head a bit still confused and haveing spent the whole day trying to convince herself that she was crazy.

" haha definatly a nice way to look at being old." Dyami couldn't help but let out a laugh at what Catori said. watchign her prance, it was good to see her again as he missed her because of the fact he saw her as his own sister." its good to meet some new soquili. a soquili with fins? well now i would have said your silly but then again there are many soquili with wings so i actualy wouldn't be surpised to see a soquili with fins. though thats just odd to think there are soquili like that." musing he wonder what a soquili would look like with fins as he never seen one as he only had met a wind and a kalona foal before and only heared of skinwalkers and the mix breeds.

She shook her head with a smile, more to herself then anything. What happened to the simple good ol' days of metalic blue or green & red striped soquili? " So how has life been sence i have been away, aside from the grandbabies and all " she said with a smile, her teathers floating about. she had to admit the whole reason she got the tail and ear feathers was because she had always been a littel jelouse of dyami's feathers.... but the shells and beads were for pure self-satisfaction.

" well as time and things go on everthing changes so its only natural that there would be new soquili's popping up that look different or odd to us at first. the good old days where nice but with out changes things would jsut be dull and boring." Dyami had small little feathers within his braids on his tail which he hardly ever noticed but they where i nice little accessory. " lifes been good and i'm proud of how all my kids have turn out even my grandson. so how has life been treating you?" Dyami was very content as they walked and talked with one another catching up on things that have been happening with each other.

Parue

Tricky Cleric

Parue

Tricky Cleric

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:12 pm
Catori & Caelen ~ Post 1

It had been a long while since the stallion had really spent any time out on his own adventuring and just being out in the open air. He had two sons, Finn and Faolen, who were fully grown and probably two of the most mischievious soquilis he had known. (Save for himself of course)

Right now the short, muscled stallion was wandering rather aimlessly around an open field. Out of one corner of his mouth hung a piece of clover that every now and again he'd chew on just a bit to refresh the taste in his mouth. A smile of contentment was on his face and the cooling summer air lifted his curly mane every so often to keep him feeling well, refreshed.

His sides heaved and Caelen scanned the area for other Soquilis. Usually at least one or two were around to have a conversation with or something.. Honestly, was he blending in with the grass again? Nah, it was starting to brown because of the coming of fall and only a fool would not notice him standing right there.

Catori realy didnt match the surroundings in any season. Stark white with green and red canry stripes she stood out worse then a black sheep. She was a tiny mare, with dainty legs and so short she looked almost child like. She reveled in the fact that the hot summer days were a thing of the past, and that with the slow cooling and shortening of the days, then time when the land would be capped with snow was fast approaching.

She made a light skip over a tiny creek and into the open feild, the oddly colored feathers that adorned her tail floating about her in the light breeze, her footsteps followed with the faint chimeing of the beads at her feet and neck. She blinked and looked around, spotting a green stallion.. just... stnading there.

She blinked scarlet eyes and wondered what in the stars he was doing just loitering there chewing on a clover. Cruiouse she inched closer, sort of skirting around him eyeballing him with a curiouse gaze.

Caelen usually was pretty good when it came to being alert enough to tell when someone was on their way near him. Toay was not one of those days. His ears had drooped forward and his entire stance ready that the whole earth could probably start shaking and the green stallion just might decide to lift his head up enough to gaze about. The heat wasn't driving him crazy and right now it was kind of nice to not have a single responsibility.

Heaving a deep sigh the stallion took another nibble at his clover before slowly stretching out his body and straightening up to gaze about. The only reason he caught sight of the mare was pure dumb luck, something Caelen usually didn't seem to lack in. Blinking, he took in her clean white coat, tiny size, and candy canes before smiling a bit to himself. She certainly had a theme, eh?

Turning to face her, still relaxed but in a more responsive and jovial manner he called out to her, "Oi! 'ello, lass. What're ye lookin' at?" The question had a hint of teasing in it and absolutely no bite. Usually that personified Cael.

She smiled shyly, scooting slightly closer, letting down her gaurd in the face of a friendly smile. " I was just wondering why you were just standing there. " she said, tilting her head to the side in a very curiouse gesture. He was green all over! Though she wasnt realy one to be gawking, she herself was red and green.

Her smile broadened just a littel, showing her personality matched her themed coloring.Tiny hooved like polishd rubys crushed the browning plants beneath as she came a littel closer, and even though she was just walking, she still seemed to give off the impression that she was pranceing. If she was a human it would have been considered almost skipping. He had quite a unique accent, she had never heard it before, but she though it rather rude to be just blurting it out.

Admittedly she would rather be talking to him then several other she new, she didnt have to crain her head back as far to talk to him, sence he was on the shorter side like herself. " Do you always stand in this feild..? " she asked, and even to herself it sounded rather silly. She flicked scarlet eyes around to see if there was anything interesting that would be keeping him here.

Caelen smiled back easily, lucky for him he was almost always at ease in the presence of others and the only reason he said almost is because the day might come when he wasn’t. His sons teased him mercilessly at times about being the chatter box of the family. His own gaze was curious as he looked over her markings.

The prancing made Cael smile just a bit and bob his head up and down. The only thing missing on the mare would be if she had some bells that would jingle right along with her and her dancing steps. Usually he chose to high-step it around which made for an interesting sight since Caelen was by no means the biggest or baddest stallion around. Shifting just a bit and stretching his neck out lazily Caelen spoke again, “Me name’s Caelen, an’ who’re ye lass?”

This field? Well, nothing really happened in it to make it interesting just this morning it had seemed like a fun idea to go on a walk without the company of his sons or mate. Not that he didn’t like having them around, “Nay, usually I’m doin’ chores around me teepee or … sometimes I jest choose to nap.” Not really the most manly thing, but it was the honest answer.

She grinned, eyes shineing happily " Oh! Im Catori " she said, nodding her head a littel. She herself was on average quite a littel chatter-box. Though on occasion her chatting was interupted, being prone to clumsiness was a trait of hers.

She smiled at the thought of the stallion sprawled out for a nap, and it made her giggle at the mental image. " Naps are good, though just make sure there isnt an angery racoon around when you do ' She said, makeing a bit of a face recalling the last time she had desided to take a nap. She had apperantly been intrudeing apon said raccoons favorite forageing spot and it had not taken kindly to finding a horse asleep were it burried its spare food.

" So i take it you have a... teepee? around here? " she said, looking around. She hadent seen a teepee of any sort and she had been meandering about all morning. She herself didnt have a single spot were she lived, she tended to wonder with the seasons, trying to stay were it was the coldest.

Caelen added the name to his memory, usually the Irish stallion was decent with names but once in awhile his “Old brain” just failed him. Not that he was really that old, but hey… It wasn’t really a point of discussion now was it?

“Aye, I’ve found I have more trouble with bein’ trampled because o’ me green.” Believe it or not, the large stallion (at least in muscles) had been stepped on several times by day dreaming Soquilis that hadn’t really cared to pay attention to where their feet fell. Caelen figured they would had to have been about a million miles away in thought to not notice him. Since then he’d taken to only having naps with his mate around or where it was definitely not green.

“Me homes a ways a way.” The wandering had taken him about half the day and Cael would probably travel part of today, sleep, then return home the next day. Nothing like a night out in the open away from the very obvious comforts a two-legger would give.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:45 pm
Catori & Samedi & Misfortune & Zarbie

Catori prances across the landscape, wondering in her normal ways in search of something to do. With a blink and tilt of her head she came to a stop, seeing something that caught her eye... it was a stallion, large and winged and colored like some great tropical bird. Though she wasnt one to comment on what was normal and what was odd, she herself was colored like one giant peice of candy. Her hair red and green like the colors of christmas, her legs triped like candycanes, and feathers/beads/shells with matching colors decorated her untill she clinked and chimed as she walked.

Something unusual else had caught her eye in her wonderings. Late in the crisp of fall a tiny but determined Flower had still managed to bloom, its petals curled and twisted into swirls protect itself from the oncomeing frosts of fall. It had been colored just like herself, a flower of striped red and white, with green to match her own hair. She had maanged to pick said flower and hook it the ties on her tail that her feathers were attached to. But now she saw this uniquely colored stallion and her mind wondered away from the oddity of finding a soft spring flower blooming in the cold winds of fall, and she pranced over, tiny crimson hooves sweeping her up to him with a xweet grin on her face. ' Helloy there. Now why in the world would you be lugging around that huge basket? " she asked, her ears tilting to the side as she asked, eyeballing the wicker structure with its variouse contense.

Samedi on the other hand stood quietly and watched the giant stallion. She had hauled one her sons out for this particular adventure and even though he was no please to be dragged around on the escapade he was there none the less. She watched, crimson eyes traped within the black confines of a ghostly glowing skull made her match the halloween atmosphere perfectly. Her main floated on the faint breeze like spider webs so she looked more spectre then soquili, but none the less she had made her way here. The elegant yet dark peice of metal work had been looked over her sons unicorn horn to insure it would not be dropped, and she carefully tuned out his complaints about being used as a "jewlery rack" as she watched the littel christmasmare so bluntly and loudly dance her way up to the stallion.

Misfortune growled and twiched his ears, not at all likeing the feel of metal against the spiraled red horn. A Bracelet had been looped around his horn and rested against his crimson skull. His mother had found it in some abandoned hut miles away, along with seveal other peices of metal work that could only have been brought over with the strange sadeled soquili from the new world,. but she had found it lovely, and taken it back to her teepee, the curves and loops perfectly fitted for a soquili of normal size, but she was a tiny littel thing and it has simply slid off of her hoof. so it stayed unused untill now. Leave it to his mother to be a packrat, and leave it to him to end up being a pack-mule. Still, he stood in relative silence waiting for his mother to move, she watched and waited, silent as the grave and he stewed in his own irritation.

Zaribe was plain exhausted as he neared his sanctuary, which he referred to as home. Everything was weighing down the wicker that he kept firmly in his muzzle. It was so full now he wondered if it was time to return yet or not. Oh the irony of wondering what to do. The thought confused the stuffing out of the poor bird Soquili.

Catori's advance toward him soon made Zaribe realize that others were there to aid his quest once more. Strange how everyone was appearing out of thin air now that his task was almost completed. She reminded him of the sweet peppermint that was handed out among the great gift-giving season. The green and red were so festive it made him salivate. Cursing quietly within himself he warned not to think of food when he talked with another soquili. Ah such a bad habit he needed to break someday.

"Greetings mare of the..." pausing he noticed a familiar face standing off to the side, her eyes glowing with his every moment. Samedi. Now there was a soquili he hadn't seen in ages. He'd never say that she had always unnerved him with those eyes, but she was Celendria's adopted daughter after all. So tongue in cheek on this matter and for goodness sake stop ignoring the candy colored one.

Lowering his gaze away from the ghostly mare he cleared his throat, "I'm Zaribe of the jungle. I apologize for breaking my train of thought. I recognized a familiar face standing over there within the shadows." Creepy, that's still what he thought of the little deep colored angel that watched him and the herd daily. A skull base for a head and eyes that glowed with evil intent. Still how polite was he being uncomfortable that she stood watching him. “Greetings Samedi. I see that you are well.” It wasn’t the best introduction, but he was trying to be civil and not irritate her. Celendria would have him made into a rug if he ever remotely mentioned anything bad about her children.

He lastly noticed the taller male that seemed agitated. Ah this must be Samedi’s offspring, he thought to himself. "And greeting to you as well", he motioned to the stallion hoping he wouldn't have a nasty remark for Zaribe being so polite.

Clearing his throat he bowed to all of them, “I’m on a quest to find my beloved something that is most perfect, fitting her with beauty and my love that I hold dear for her. Celendria my elder has asked me to meet other soquili, and ask of them to contribute a gift that I may bestow upon her. As long as it fits within this wondrous basket, then I shall be one step closer to being rewarded of going to my mate’s side.”

He then looked at them in anticipation that each would help him fulfill his goal. So many memories the stallion was procuring, it was hard not to let all the faces of the others come and go in his journey. He held much appreciation for each and every one, hoping that they too may feel the joy and rapture of being with the one they loved.

“Well hi there Zarbie “ She said with a smile and listened to what he had to say. Her cheeks faded to a faint blush as she listened to his romantic tale. She always was a sucker for the romantic tail she felt inclined to help. Then suddenly a thought came crashing back into her head, making her give a happy little squeak. While he was distracted talking to the wraith like soquili she turned and tried to reach her tail. She ended up running in circles twice but eventually snatched the perfect little blossom from the leather feather tie, and turned back to the stallion.

There was no better symbol of undying love then a tiny flower having bloomed in the harshness of the fall frosts. With the delicate white and red and red rose blossom in her mouth she carefully put it in the basket, the striped petals nestling in with a collection of other flowers that he had seemed to already have collected. ‘ I found this earlier today, but I think you would find more use of it then I would, with me it would only wilt and serve no purpose but to keep my feathers company. “ She said, hopeing that the curled new blossom would not seem unfit for his quest. “

“ I hope your quest is successful “ she said, her smile sweet as the candy she mimicked.

Samedi cast a glance at the other small mare but otherwise paid her no heed. Nodding to Zarbie she started twords him, slowly and gracefull, her hooved silent on the ground as if they never touched, the faint sound of crunching leaves wisked away by her soft whispery voice that seemed to dround out everything else while still manageing to be quiet.

“ You seem to be doing fine as well Zarbie of the jungle. My mother told me of your quest and my guess was right in thinking you would come back this way.” Her hair floated around her as if caught on some phantom breeze, not looking behind her to make sure her son followed.

Misfortune sighed and followed, not looking at all too happy. “Hey “he said in response to the other stallion. He opened his mouth as if to make a sarcastic remark but as he came up beside his mother she glanced at him out of the corner of her eyes and he reluctantly shut his mouth. The few creatures in this world that could make him shut his trap so quickly were his mother, and his grandmother. Even his father allowed some witty banter.

“ You haul the spoils of your journey back to your mate I see ‘ she said, glowing eyes scanning over the basket, still speaking even though her eyes were not on zarbie ‘ We brought you something to add to your collection.”

And as if on queue Misfortune lowered his head, so the bracelet slid down his horn, right until it was resting at the tip. He swished his tail behind him in swift whip like motions, but otherwise he was still, his eyes narrowed at the other stallion as if daring him to make him hold this pose for long. Damned if he would be a jewelry rack for some tropical colored feather boy.

As his eyes stayed transfixed on Samedi and her son, he didn't notice Catori attaining a flower that rested within her leather tail tie. Though when she spoke of its importance his ears paid more attention to her serene hopeful words. Delicacy was what Tic was to him as a flower is to an entire field. Perfect, precious, subtle, yet she shined outward like a wishing star. She was everything to him, and no matter what the future brought, he'd never leave her side.

"And I shall appreciate that flower for it was bestowed from your own giving. Pure, precious, perfect, that's what I see with color for happiness. Even though Tic is bright, funny, and my love that fills my heart, she is still a flower that blooms like no other. Thank you."

He felt sure of his words, a new sense of self worth filling his senses completely as they made him a better stallion. Yes, he still was a goof ball, but that was the way he was and always would be Zaribe. He just was learning to be a bit more conversational with others.

Samedi approaching him caused his withers to twitch a bit, but you'd never notice with his wings blocking them. Thank goodness for feathery appendages, right? He held his bated breath, exhaling in politeness. "Yes actually it has. I'm so amazed how many strangers simply offered their belongings and presents to help me. I suppose Celendria was right in suggesting this journey. Samedi you have a wonderful mother, you should appreciate that in your heart." He then smiled and nodded as Misfortune offered the gift of Samedi.

His eyes widened at the sight of the glittering bracelet as it hung loose from the other stallion's crimson horn. A gift from Samedi, nowthere was something that caught the scarlet male offguard. She had to know he was uneeasy around her, though he did hide it rather well. Did his eyes deceive him perhaps, the parrot wondered this trying to figure out the little skull faced ebony mare.

The son wasn't much better on the eyes, holding a hostility well irritation just standing there. Zaribe wasn't going to query why Misfortune had been drugged along, or why he was made into a displayed jewelery rack either.
Nodding the parrot stallion walked over gingerly and reached over to retrieve the shining accessory. The metal tasted odd in his mouth, a twinge of strangeness gnawing at his tongue in coldness. For a moment he was reminded of the New World horses that were bonded to the pale faces. Cold strips of metal called bits were placed within their muzzles for direction, as one sat upon their backs.

Zaribe would never consider anyone on his back. He was a free spirit, a flying creature never designed for domestication as they were. Sometimes the great red stallion would pity those poor steeds.

Placing the bracelet within the basket, Zaribe blew out softly, "Thank you Samedi, Misfortune. You've also helped me as well to begin my trip home." He nodded then to the stallion, a signal for him to be himself, and not stand there like some floofy pri-Madonna displaying his mother's wares. Even Zaribe wouldn't tolerate that.

Finally raising his head he gazed upon all three of them and nodded one final last time, "I must depart, for night is arriving and I wish to be homeward bound before sunrise. Do promise me you all will come and see my mate and myself someday. I'm sure she'd love to chat and thank you for all your kind words and generosity."

Smiling he took in their appearances once more before he finally set out for the clearing where Celendria waited. Flicking his tailin a wispy motion back and forth, he picked up the basket and started home.

Parue

Tricky Cleric

Parue

Tricky Cleric

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:55 am
Misfortune & Morgana ~ Post 1

A small brown filly walked slowly through the woods, her head was down and she kicked at every flower she saw as she passed. The world was growing cold on her yet still there were couples around her all the time that boasted of their 'un-dieing love'. Pft! Love! what a stupid concept.

With a flick of her short two-toned tail the little mare strode forward even more determined now, she was actually hopeing to find her god-mother NightShade. Her crimson eyes stared into the darkness picking out ever shape they could among the never ending shadows. They were her friends, these dark woods where she could hide easily and slip away form danger should it arise.

A soft breeze whispered through the trees and rustled her short cropped mane. She sighed softly and shook her head as the world slowly passed her by.

Misfotune shook his head, irritation still lingering from being used as a display for a braclet for Zarbies quest ealier. To be used like a stand, how degradeing. He was a tall proud stallion, but his coloring and aura made him seem different from your typical unicorn. A Skull as red as blood and a horm to match he looked nothing like that glittering throng of healers that everyone assumed unicorns to be.

His tail whiped back and forth in violent waves behind him, red eyes narrowing at the path ahead of him. Cream colored hooves matched his hair and the tip of his horn, but the rest of his body was a black that melded into the night. He was suited for this season, a time when the nights grew longer and and the air colder. He heard a soft sigh off in the trees to his side, and turned his head, braids slider over his neck as he came around a band to see who it was. In the shadows he probably looked no more then a floating glowing red skull suddounded by braided spiderwebs.

Morgana paused when she saw the red skull staring at her and lifted her head, she almost seemed to recognize it had she not seen that face before? Her eyes caught the horn upon his head and she flicked her tail again, she'd heard very rarely of darker unicorns that roamed the lands but again she was drawn back to his appearance and his features as she scrutinized him heavily trying to recall what memory made her think she knew him.

She finally spoke up "greetings to you sir." Her voice was dark, not very feminine nor matching her sparkley appearance. It did match her eyes though, they were dark and emotionless orbs that stared at him from her skull.

With another flick of her tail she turned to face the figure hiding in the darkness.

He watched her for a moment more, his eyes slightly narrowed. He could swear... but... how could he know.

" Do I know you? " He asked, very blunt and very rude but manners werent his forte' let alone something that mattered to him. He could swear he recognised the littel mare, but he couldent quite place it. He tilted his head slightly looking at her, causeing his horn to glint with evil intent, though it was completly out of habit.

She did look like something that should be pranceing through feilds at first glance. All sparckels and perky striped hair, but the eyes didnt match the face. But once someone looked at her they could see coldness in her eyes and the aloof set of her body and tell she wasnt some spazztic littel mare that so many other seemed to be.

Even hearing her voice he got that odd feeling of deja'vu. His white and, red and black gream catcher twisted slightly in the breeze, the beads clicking in a sound to echo that of ratteling bones.

She almost laughed at his bluntness and a slight smirk did crack her mouth. She shifted and the bloody bandages pulled tight on her legs. His rude manners didn't bother her at all. Morgana tended to be a tomboy and hated acting within the guidelines of her gender.

She continued to wrack her brain then the images slowly came back, they'd been only foals when they'd meet, she'd been stomping flowers in a field and he'd come through chasing after a small creature in hope of torturing it. She'd been so full of rage back then, she'd hated many a creature. It hadn't been long after their meeting that he'd introduced her to his mom. Morgana almost would have called their relationship a short lived foal hood crush, seeing as he'd disappeared not long after.

"Ah! I remeber you! Your Misfortune, we meet many many moons ago back in foal hood. Your mother is Samedi, whom I had the pleasure of meeting once and your father was named Chaos." She smirked slightly again, delighted to be face to face with and old acquaintance once more.

He blinked and suddenly memories came crashing back to him " Little flower stomper? " He looked completly astounded, it had been so long ago and he had been so young that the memories had faded into a sort of half-memory/half-dream sort of state.

He came out of the shadows, tail swaying slowly behind him " Still a runty littel thing I see " He said, a grin curling across his dark his face, streaching the stitched markings into something one would expect to come from a childs nightmare. Even though his words were crule the held the tone of affection he usualy reserved for close family members. She had been one of his true childhood friends, afterwards haveing gone into a long solitude with his mother not long after.

In fact his times with her were about the extent of his childhood, unless they were his parents or grandmother she was probably the only one who had seen him as a child. But now he was all grown up, towering over her with the heigth of his father, cream colored mane braided here and there and clasped with black beads. " I havnt seen you in ages... "

She snorted at the name 'Little flower stomper' and tossed her mane "My names Morgana" she stuck her tongue out slightly and sent a soft sideway kick at him so that even if it hit him he wouldn't be injured. But even after all that old habits died hard and the sight of a small purple flower growing beside the path made her frown and instantly it was under her hoof and being rubbed into the ground.

She snorted again at being called a runt but her grin was getting bigger the more they spoke. She'd known him long before the treatment of others had made her feel almost unworthy and so it made it easy to talk to him even after such a long separation. Her mind couldn't help but wonder how things would have turned out had the two continued their acquaintance into adult hood.

"It has been too long Misfortune," She stepped forward and got a hold of one of his braids and chewed happily on it in her own strange greeting to an old friend.

He watched her crush the small flower and grinned " I know your name but i think little flower stomper will due just fine " He knew all to well about old habbits dieing hard. Even now, Woe to the creature who found itself on the wrong side of misfortune when his temper wasnt leashed down with chains. He took the kick and gave a mock offended snort.

" It has been ' he smiled as she tugged and chewed on it, checking and lowering his head to give her an affectionate nuzzle, his horn brushing against her neck. Few were those he called friends and Morgana had been particularly special to him, romping around and to the doom of the things around them. It was nice to have been around someone one didnt seem afraid of the way he looked, even now as an adult he knew why ohers were uncomfortable around he and his family.

Even the othe day delivering the gift to the tropical winged soquili they had been met with unease and trust based soaly on the word of an elder. At least now as an adult he understood their behavior, but as a child it had been even worse.

She laughed slightly and teased at him too "your a silly old codger!", good lord he could drive her crazy but in a good way of course.

Morgana finally let go of the braid and nipped at the muzzle that had come down in it's affectionate manner. She finally stepped backwards twitching her bobbed tail back and forth. Morgana still felt the pulls of fascination for the dark unicorn as she had in younger days and the pure excitement and beeing near him again had taken over, to long had she moped around not feeling worthy to walk the earth, for the moment she was back with her friend.

Her tail started swinging so fast her rump moved slightly with it She saw a snake slithering nearby and with a giggle she pounced it. Grabbing the squirming wriggling creature behind it's head the pranced back towards Misfortune with it.

He laughed, a nice deep rumbeling sound as if distand thunuder could be botteled and inside a unicorn. " We are the same age you moron " He said, grining he watched her virtualy light up at the sight of him made him feel glad he had found her after so long.

He chuckeled again at watching her romp and wiggle around like a happy puppy, her littel tail small and bobbed, like some sort of oversized rabbits tail.

" Well im glad to see you learned how to catch one of those on your own, and without being bitten to " A wicked grin curled over his face, fitting his overal coloring and his bloodied skull to make him look like a thing of nightmares drempt up of monsters.

She grinned at him around her wriggling captive, then blinked and dropped him when the flailing tail caught her in the eye. She grumbled and pounced at him again but he'd darted into the undergrowth, "well almost can catch one at least. Apparently I still need some training in that art."

She meandered back over, "and I know we're the same age...but your a few minutes older." She stuck her tongue out again at him. She giggled delighted at the appearance of his face that would have scared other soquili's to death, "that skull always makes you get this funny face, I don't know why everyone else seems to think them hideous and scary." She just shook her head, truly almost all soquili's were weird.

She looked around, it seemed all their animal friends were gone "why don't we move on? I know there has to be some more play things ahead down the path." She gave him a delight, and cold grin. Her cold eyes still held very little emotion but a flicekering flame of happiness had light up their dark core.

Misfortune narrowed his eyes and lashes a vengfull hoof and crushed away the tip of thse snakes tail before it had a chance to fully retreat. It turned as if wanting to bite his leg but got tangeled and fled as fast as its limbless body would carry it.

He turned his head back to her " Pfft, you couldent possivly remember that, and if you can, mabey you mistook me for one of my brothers, i have two ya know. " he said grinning, though none of his brothers looked the same as he did, even rigor mortis who was a unicorn as well.

" Well my mother has it worse off them hers, were as mine is more of a mask hers shines through her skin. People are just overblown by my collosal sexyness that it frightens them " he said while lifting his head high for an overly dramatic pose, but he couldent get through it without cracking a grin.

He blinked and looked around. It seemed she was right so he came the horse equivelant of a shrug and spied a path and made his way over there. Unlike morgana he showed his emotions on his proverbial sleave, just his were more on the darker scale of emotions. And had a tendancy to swing from nutral to -rawr i crush your skull- in a split second.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:14 am
Misfortune & Eponine ~ Post 1

The evening was fast approaching, the mare still surprised by just how the short the days were growing. While she lived the prime of her young life during spring and summer, within the soft embrace of sunshine, it confused her now that darkness began to overwhelm the world. The days and evenings were drastically cooler than the oppressive heat of summer, and Eponine knew that it wouldn't be long before the first snows arrived. Already the mountains were transformed in a blanket of white and oh how it pleased the mares heart.

Instead of having to travel back to her birthlands in the mountains away from her family, finally soon the snows would come to them! While some despised the cold Eponine adored it! It was no surprise, of course, as the gentle hearted mare wasn't the sort to go about despising things. Naive was a good word to sum up the little daydreamer - she lived in her own world, walked the beat to her own drum and often took little notice about the world around her.

Sometimes - yes sometimes - Eponine preferred the sanctuary of her mind to that of reality. At least within the confines of her spirit and heart and imagination she could be anything and meet anyone! Loneliness didn't have to touch her when friends and family were away - aggravation and anger could be directed at invisible enemies without ever surfacing her features.

Oh yes, her sanctuary was when her heads were in the clouds and this evening looked to prove no differently.

Trotting through the underbrush, long tail swishing behind her, she travelled no path and paid little heed to her surroundings. Instead of the nearby woods she now walked within a haunted world made only of crystal, glass and stone. The trees were towing crystals, the creatures of the land suddenly transfigured in to something lifeless by the evil magics of the Kalona. Only Eponine and a small handful of others had managed to survive, a more primitive magic heralding their greatness.

It was up to her to find the key to unlock her fallen family, and be rid of the darkness of the kalona.

So she was feeling a bit melodramatic tonight - a little adventure never hurt anyone! . . . did it?

Misfortune gave a snort and took off at a run. Crows screamed overhead and dove at him. His hoves crashed at the ground as h lept over a fallen log and darted tbnrought the trees. Even he did not know why the crows were so angery, haveing launched from their trees cloaked with red leaves to shout their anger at the unicorn.

His skull seemed to grow brighter with his anger, for once he hadent done anythinging to upset the creatures. His brains whipping around his face and his long tail snakeing behind him mirroring his path, he ran. Admittedly it did feel good to get a good run in but still, not haveing to run for the sake of saveing himself from being stabbed at by tiny flying cretures would be nice though.

He rounded a corner and and there he saw a dainty littel mare the colors of shadows on ice. If he veered off to the side, he would run into a tree, if he kept running, he would crash into her -and vindictive brat that he was- he still didnt want to hurt her. So he did the only thing he could think of.

He Jumped, clearing the littel mare just bearly, landing with a quiety grunt he kept running, round another tree, followed by a cloak of black feathers and sharp beaks.

Eponine had quite the imagination, but it wasn't so strong to hide the black and red rocket aiming straight for her. The screeching of birds and the furry of feathers also helped to knock her out of her deep reverie. Aqua eyes blinked, a little shake of her head, only to find SOMETHING large and black suddenly over her head!

"ACH!" She neighed, dropping down as best as she could. Thankfully Misfortune had judged his jump right and Eponine didn't find a hoof in her face. Without stopping, the black and red something was already hot on the move - with a trail of squabbling birds in hot pursuit!

The flurry of feathers surrounded her as they darted towards their victim, and Eponine took just a moment to breathe. What. The. Hell.

Her sudden questions were ignored as she realized that this somebody was running away! Hmm - perhaps she could help? Whirling around, Eponine's reverie was forgotten as she followed the stranger. She had no fear or qualms when it came to assisting others - even those she didn't know. The black form had hooves and a tail. . . that was good enough for her!

"Stop it you b-b-birds!" She cried, following the flock with reckless abandon. "L-L-Lay off alr-r-ready!" Whyever they were in such hot pursuit, Eponine couldn't say, but this was her chance to be a hero! A real hero! Perhaps this flock of birds had been sent by the evil kalonas, her mind mused. Inwardly she grinned - nah. . . . . she knew the difference between reality and make-believe.

The latter just tended to be much more fun.

With luck they'd give up the chase and soon! For as fun as crows could be, the little beaks and talons of a whole flock could be quite painful.

The birds chased misfortune around one more tree before hearing another voice. This one from the littel mare they had just passed. The Squaked and wheeled around, retargetting to the non-retreateing littel female who was yelling at them. How dare she invade their home, just like that insolent stallion who just trampsed into their domain like it was his.

Beaks and talons glittering amids the dark glossy feathers they dove at the littel female.

Misfortune blinked as he no longer heard the angery squaks and flaps of wings, he looked over his shoulder and slowed, eventualy stopping.... determined littel buggers... But he still heard their screeches of angery... so what were they attacking. He went back up the way he came only to see them heading straight for the littel mare.

Great, just great. He was just heading for the planes, but apperantly one journey to go according to plan was to much to ask. He sighed and started heading back. A Littel mare, sexist as it sounded, was so not any more suited to handeling a flock of angery birds. He took one deep breath, his lungs were already burning from the long run away from the damn things and now he was on his way back? He must have lost his mind back by those cedars.

Ears flat he started raceing back twords the angery birds and the icey colored mare.

The birds chased misfortune around one more tree before hearing another voice. This one from the littel mare they had just passed. The Squaked and wheeled around, retargetting to the non-retreateing littel female who was yelling at them. How dare she invade their home, just like that insolent stallion who just trampsed into their domain like it was his.

Beaks and talons glittering amids the dark glossy feathers they dove at the littel female.

Misfortune blinked as he no longer heard the angery squaks and flaps of wings, he looked over his shoulder and slowed, eventualy stopping.... determined littel buggers... But he still heard their screeches of angery... so what were they attacking. He went back up the way he came only to see them heading straight for the littel mare.

Great, just great. He was just heading for the planes, but apperantly one journey to go according to plan was to much to ask. He sighed and started heading back. A Littel mare, sexist as it sounded, was so not any more suited to handeling a flock of angery birds. He took one deep breath, his lungs were already burning from the long run away from the damn things and now he was on his way back? He must have lost his mind back by those cedars.

Ears flat he started raceing back twords the angery birds and the icey colored mare.

Though young Eponine wasn't stupid. Though naive on certain experiences in life, the girl had gotten in to much mischief as a foal. She'd been chased by bees and understood the nature of over-protective birds. Crows attacked and even killed hawks when threatened or upset so the best thing to do was make a hasty retreat!

Given, she had done her job in freeing the black hooved soquili of the mob of birds but hadn't planned for them turning on her! Of course that would be the part of her rescue plan that she didn't take in to account!

Crap!

The ice hued mare ducked as they dove at her, VERY glad for her long mane and tail. At least she could swat them appropriately as she ran. Ears pinned and eyes wide, the mare hadn't been chased by an angry swarm since foal-hood! Taking off after the elusive shadow, aqua eyes widened as she saw a red-masked, black stallion RETURNING!

What was he doing? He was supposed to have been free!

Silly males.

Despite the attack, the mare couldn't help but smile (though slight aggravation dimmed her typically bright gaze). "What are you d-d-doing!?" She cried at him as she suddenly bolted past. "Let's g-g-get out of here!" There was laughter in her voice despite the rather bleak situation.

Damned crows~!

If it was a war they wanted she was raising the white flag, hailing a surrender and making a retreat post-haste!

Hopefully the red-faced stallion would take her hint and do the same. Why on earth he had turned around and come back she just plum didn't know. Had he wanted the crows to chase 'em? She hadn't meant to steal them from him, truly, just scare them off.

So much for that plan.

Weaving in and out of the tress, the mare pushed her way through the woods in hopes of discovering the plain. With luck they'd leave as soon as they were free of their territory.

What a start to an adventure.

" ACK! " He ducked swiftly as she ran past, an angey bird ducking at him. He snorted and turned on a dime, takeing after her, long legs allowing him to catch up swiftly. Didnt she know she was comeing to get the birds away from her?!

He took a jump while he was running, horn glinting deadly in the light and aimed for an offending birds wing. It swooped to the side and screamed, the sound echooing through the forest, the other birds enraged the darkted and swooped, claws aiming for eyes and ears, soft spots they could hurt.

You would think he had shimmied up a tree and took over a nest or something! Running with his neck streached out eventualy they receded, cawing in warning as they floated high into the sky on the autumn thermals, makeing their way back to their homes now that the offenders were safely out of their "territory"

Slowing and turning he watched the birds fade into the night sky. Narrowing his eyes and makeing a mental note to come back and DESTROY those birds, he turned back to the mare " Why on earth would you call those forsaken creatures to yourself?! " He stood tall, his tail whipping back and forth in crack-whip speed, takeing a step twords her and...

Crack.

He blinked and looked up... only to stop his long blood red spiraled horn inches deep into a thick low hanging branch. He could already tell it was going to be "one of those" nights.

It hadn't occurred to the mare that he might have wanted to help her. She had assumed after the birds had been called off he would have taken off in to the night, never to return to such a wretched and crow laden place! Considering he had just been 'told off' by them, why he would have returned was beyond her grasp.

Thankfully though, the open plains weren't far. Her mane helped protect most of her wounds, though a few 'smart' ones had ticked up a few spots on her face. Unlike Misfortune, she had no horn to help offer much protection and she could only turn her face so many directions as she she ran.

Such was life though, and Eponine had found the rush of adrenaline rather exciting.

Tail swishing behind her, she couldn't help but smile as the birds lifted in to the air. She stood proudly, giving a defiant snort as they left and pawing the ground to reinforce the fact that they were NOT a force to reckon with. Sure, they had been coerced in to a retreat, but that was all in the details.

"Why on earth would you call those forsaken creatures to yourself?!"

The voice broke through the evening and Eponine blinked, turning to face the stranger. If he sounded frustrated she assumed it was because of the snarky birds. Her first concern, of course, was making sure he was all right. Did he have both his eyes? His ears? They hadn't stolen any of his braids had they, or any bits of flank?

Before she had a chance to respond though, the stallion took a step forward. "W-wat---"

Nope. Too late. He missed.

A silence settled and two, pristine aqua eyes slowly moved up Misfortunes face to stare directly at the horn. Well now - yet another predicament to attend. Hiding a smile, Eponine gave herself a small shake and trotted forward. "Oh d-d-dear," she murmured, "I t-t-take it you can't b-budge it at all?" She didn't want to assume but if he couldn't shake it free they'd have to do something about the branch.

It looked thick, and it looked old, and Eponine really hoped she wasn't going to have to chew through it. She would - of course - but it didn't look like something that appealed to her palette.

Sighing softly, the mare gave a little chuckle and shook her head. "My n-n-name's Ep-p-ponine." Best to get the introduction out of the way now before the rest of the world came tumbling down upon them.

He glared his crimson eyes at the branch as if he could burn holes through it. For a moment his mind wondered to his current situation. He had a few scratches on his face bt nothing to bad, the mare definatly had a few that would smart but his were hidden by black fur and a red skull to match the scratches.

He tried twisting his head this way, the the other, cranking his head and getting a sickening groan from the tree. He made a sound that was probably the closest to a growl that could come out of a horses throat. " Now I never said that " He said flicking red eyes to her and he took a step back, starting to pull.

The groan came back, louder then before, the tree protesting to being pulled and yanked about. A few snaps followed by a giant Crack and a higher pitched groan ' I Got- "

SNAP~CRASH~THUD

He snapped the headvy branch, the limb snapping and falling to the earth in a flutter of brilliant orange and yellow leaves, fluttering around and lithe dancers in the night air. The branch hit the ground with a thud, probably weigh almost as much as the littel maare next to him, and yanking his head down to the ground at the same time.

With his horn still stuck.

With a sigh he rolled his eyes back up to the light colored mare " My name... is Misfortune "

Normaly he did not live up so well to his name. In fact this series of events was the first he had ever lived up to his namesake. Normaly it was a warning to those who came apone them that it would be detremental to their health to cross his path.

Eponine watched as the black stallion began to fight with his horn. Well, though the branch began to creek it looked as if he might very well be able to free himself. The only reason she had assumed anything was because the horn looked stuck mighty deep. . . . Hmmm.

Tail swishing lazily behind her, she stayed quiet as the fight raged on. The stallion grunted and the tree screamed protest. A thought began to play on the little ice mare and she wondered if perhaps it wasn't the smartest thing to do. Perhaps he didn't want to admit he was stuck buuuut. . . . . what if the branch broke and fell on him?

"Um. . " She began, taking a step back to give the stranger room. Leaves were beginning to tumble down around them, covering their coats softly in patches of gold, crimson and green. Perhaps he should try to move it a bit more gently or let her help? It obviously wasn't budging very easily, but no, Eponine wasn't going to say that.

The stallion could figure it out.

One last step back and the branch snapped. At least she assumed it was the branch as there was no shriek of pain. Eyes lighting as the downfall of leaves cleared, Eponine could only stare blankly at the male whose head was now close to his hooves. There was his horn, still in one piece, and there was the branch still clinging tightly to it.

Pawing at the ground, she bridged the gap between them. Lowering her head so she was eye level, she offered him a gentle, sympathetic smile. "P-P-Perhaps you'd like s-s-some help?" Her voice was soft and not at all mocking or amused. Though it was a rather funny and ridiculous scenario, she could laugh and chuckle later after he was free from his fight.

"Th-th-these branches are t-t-tricksy sometimes," she teased, reaching to put her hoof and some weight on the wicked branch. Maybe if she stood on it he could pull his horn up and out? And if that didn't work she might be able to chew around the rotting wood. A shame there was no bees wax available this late in the season. . . .

"T-T-Tis a pleasure!" Eponine responded, hardly phased by such a . . . . unusual and depressing name. Misfortune did he say? Well, he was certainly living up to his namesake!

" likewise ' he said but didnt sound all to sencere. He spotted her hooves on the tree and metal have her brownie points for helping, though he would naver say antyhing outloud. He put one cloven hoof on the branch and started to pull, his tail thrashing about violently as he started to tug again.

Eventual with a combonation of pulling and twisting his head he freed his horn, the chance of forces so great he almost fell backwards, but caught himself with a skid off his hooves. He shook his head, ears twiching sending spliters stuck in the grooves of his horn flinging off in ever direction. Getting a better look at her face he spotted that sh had cutten a few cuts and scratches from those damned birds.

" Now See you called those birds on yourself and your bleeding! " He said eyeing a particularly deep one in the streach of skin between her ear and her eye. The again they were easy to stop on her pelt, all cold and pale colors as it was. But see, already it left a tiny stream of blood on her face. not much to do more then sting but still.

Well hell it he would be in debt to some stuttering littel mare. He narrowed his eyes and took a leap over the branch so he was standing next to her, sending more leaves into the air as his tail whipped the fallen branches and his hooves hit the ground. They were still both covered in the vegative confetti, but he didnt realy seem to notice.

"...You tell anyone i did this and i swear ill skin you. " He said, voice quiet as he leaned forward touching his horn to her forhead. He narrowed his eyes in a sort of half glare the whole time, his horns seeming to glint extra bright for a moment, then her littel scratches and wounds from the crows healed over.

He raised his head and took a step back eyeing her warily but surveying his work. There... now they were even.

Eponine winced as Misfortune sent small slivers every which way, but was quite pleased that he had finally freed himself! She kicked aside the wretched branch as if it to remind it not to mess with her kind, before refocusing upon the black male before her.

He hadn't changed - red and black with a crimson horn - but at least now she could get a decent look! No crows after him, no trees causing him offense. At his exclaimation of blood and birds, Eponine blinked and almost went cross eyed as she looked down her nose. She could feel a few stings but they were nothing compared to wounds she'd suffered in the past. Chuckling, she gave a shrug of her shoulders and offered him a radiant smile. "At l-l-least I got them away f-f-from you," she gave a nod, not at all perturbed.

Wounds would heal afterall, it didn't bother her to have her fur marred.

The leaves crunched underneath his hooves as he pushed himself closer, and Eponine was pleased it was fall. The drifting leaves surrounding them were a glorious painting and the music it made was lovely. Just as he snarled his threat, she reached forward and removed a few leaves from his coat. There. Much better.

Again, the petite mare wasn't at all bothered by his snarling threat. She didn't understand why he had to be so rough but both Zevach and Marius were hard cookies to crack - it seemed this one was too. Maybe it was a boy thing. Guess she'd never really know. Chuckling softly, Eponine gave a little wink. "And wh-wh-what would you do with my s-s-skin?" She asked, curious. "I'm af-f-fraid it doesn't m-m-much match. . . . . anything!"

And it was true. He certainly wouldn't look good with an Eponine-rug, and the forest wouldn't either. She'd have to be draped over the snows of the mountains or the mist over the sea. . . . but that would be quite umpractical. "Your s-s-secrets safe with me!"

And that it would be. She wouldn't utter a word, especially with the fact that the stings upon her face were now. . . healed! It was incredible, really, and Eponine knew only one thing to say. "Th-th-thank you." She was utterly sincere. No, she hadn't needed to be healed so thoroughly, and she almost would have objected had he not seemed so angered by the idea.

Obviously he didn't heal people often. . . .
Or maybe he just liked to be gruff to ice-coated mares.

Either way, he had done something that he didn't seem too fond of. That was worth a million thanks in her opinion, but she could only express it in one.

" Dont mention it... litraly. " he said watching her with crimson eyes.

It had nothing to do with ice coated mares, his own grandmother was the elder mare of ice. And she was probably one of the few things on ths earth that made him think twice before speaking. The fact that he could heal like all unicorns irked him because. he was a very un-unicorn like soquili in most ways, oe of the few "dark" unicorns.

He gave a snort. Didnt she know he wasnt being literal? He wondered if her stutter was permanent or not. Not that it mattered to him he had just never met a hosre with a stutter before.

She didnt seem in the least disturbed by him, and he wasnt sure if it was irritateing or refreashing. He eyeballed her spekulatively. She was an odd littel thing, and reminded him of a foal trapped in an adults body. Not to say that was a bad thing... just... ood.

" Why were you in the middle of the forest in the dead of night anyway? "

Eponine had no intention of mentioning anything. She had been told not to tell a soul about his healing abilities and his secret was safe with her. She wouldn't even bring it up to him again else he be reminded - and it seemed that the was the absolute last thing on his list.

Whether or not he chose to be light or dark, Eponine wasn't phased. Her brothers tended to be super aloof and dark, and she had gotten along with both of them just fine! Even Ezriel was a snark thing, all growls and stomps and sulking, and she thought very little of never speaking to him again. So why should this 'dark' furred unicorn be any different?

He was a soquili like the lot of them, and there was no reason that he shouldn't be treated civilly and like anyone else. Let him huff and gruff and make faces - those sorts of 'put offs' just didn't work.

Not with Eponine.

The mare chuckled softly in her throat, glancing from the red-faced male and giving him a quizzical look. "Dreaming, of c-c-course." She flicked an ear, a small shrug of her shoulders proving that that should be explanation enough. "B-b-besides running from the birds, what br-brought you to its embrace?"

It was fair - if he could demand such things from her, it was only right she could ask the same.

" I do most of my traveling at night and the frosts and few hit the fields the hardest. Id rather not trip on some ice slick and this part of the woods happens to be near my home. "

She seemed to be used to dealing with males like him. She reminded him vaugly of his gransmother- from what he remembered of her- and his mother, not in the least bit phased by his snippy remarks.

Then again his mother was more like him then most. Buuut his grandmother~did~ have to deal with him and his two brothers on occasion... and damn when he, mayhen, and rigor mortis got together all hell broke lose, and with the three of them they looked like it to.

" If you daydream and wonder off you could get hurt, or did that littel fact elude you? " He said watching her carefully. She sure seemed to be a trusting littel thing, even before he had healed her all smiles and helpfullness, had no one taught her to be wary of strange stallions she met running trhough the woods in the middle of night? What if he was some sort of sociopathic murdered soquili?

Ok... so the sociopath wasnt to far from the mark but still.

Parue

Tricky Cleric

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas