Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[On Hold] Tomb of Horrors 4e (OPEN - 14 slots! 6-man!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:52 pm
Arc Vembris
No, I mean I hope you choose me, the defender. I'm like the only defender.

Well, I'm doubling up on Defender duty also.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:31 am
just a check if I am doing this right.
http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=40679  

Alzzak

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:15 am
your hp is a bit low . . . and you forgot your class bonus to fortitude, and you need your gear

he otherwise seems like he'll be a fine counterpoint to the more cerebral Belessunu  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:26 am
Alzzak
6, 4, 3, 1.....13
6, 4, 6, 4.....16
6, 4, 4, 5.....15
5, 2, 3, 3.....11
6, 6, 5, 5.....17
4, 5, 6, 1.....15
5, 3, 6, 5.....16
6, 6, 1, 6.....18
3, 4, 3, 6.....13

18, 17, 16, 16, 15, 13

You also have under racial abilities, +2 Wisdom. The only way your current stats would have worked, is if you gave the +2 to either Str, Dex, or Con (and the two +1's from levelling to the other two).

Fighters aren't proficient in Plate Armor. You need a feat for it.

With that in mind, your Armor should technically be +8 and your Enh should be +2, compared to the combined total you entered. This is to make sure you don't accidentally add an Enh bonus to AC later.

Your total attack bonus for your Axe is too low. If you use the boxes above, you will see you get +5 (1/2 level) +4 (Abil) +1 (Class) +2 (Prof) +2?(Enh) = +14 to hit.

Likewise, damage shouldn't just be 1d12. It should be 1d12 +4 (Abil) +1 (Feat) +2 (Enh) = 1d12+7 damage.

You have too many trained skills. You get 3 from the list, not all from the list. Well, you get 4 from the list cause your human.

You get 1 other Language besides Common.

You should have 1 Action Point.

Don't forget to include your passive Perception and Insight. It will be 8 for the "Skill Bonus" part of each (+3 wis, +5 from 1/2 level).

Speed in Heavy Armor should be 5 (+6 base, -1 armor).

Init should technically be +4 (Dex) +5 (1/2 level) +4 (Misc). Same total, but written correctly so you don't accidentally later go, "Whoops, I forgot to add my Dex bonus to it!"

What are you getting the +1 Enh to F/R/W from? You have nothing listed beyond your axe and armor for stuff.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

5Crispy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:48 am
- Humans get +1 to F/R/W I believe, but that'd be misc bonus. 3nodding

- By wearing heavy armor you don't get any AC bonus from INT/REF, so your AC comes out at 25.

- As a fighter you get 15 + your constitution score hp at first level and then an additional 6 hp every level thereafter.

Quote:
15+20(constitution) = 35

> 35 hp base

6*9(levels) +5(toughness feat) = 59

> 59 additional hp

35 + 59 = 94

> 94 total hp
---------------

Number of surges for fighters: 9 + Con mod
9 + 5
14 surges

total hp: 94
bloodied value: 47
surge value: 23
healing surges per day: 14

- Just in case, you actually have checks for all skills. The class skill list just have ones you can train for a +5 bonus.

Besides from this and everything else already mentioned sheet's a-ok atm.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:48 am
Dion Necurat
Arc Vembris
No, I mean I hope you choose me, the defender. I'm like the only defender.

Well, I'm doubling up on Defender duty also.

Think I got carried away with my wizard, he practically has the highest NADs and pretty good all round defenses. :/
I mean I'd probably change hide proficiency to something else but I'm not seeing anything.

@Rain's avi: o_o  

5Crispy

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:53 am
@_@;

thanks for auditing for me. i've been rather busy this morning.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:03 am
InfChaos
@Rain's avi: o_o

He wouldn't let me have the loofah. I even tried to ask nicely.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Alzzak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:17 am
First off I would like to say thank you and that this guy was based off of my character in Demon Souls. So, I tried to make him as close as possible.

Rain Yupa
You also have under racial abilities, +2 Wisdom. The only way your current stats would have worked, is if you gave the +2 to either Str, Dex, or Con (and the two +1's from levelling to the other two).

Opps, I forgot to change that. I was first making a cleric and then changed to a fighter. My +2 gone into Con and then the other +2s (from leveling), like you said, went into Str, for attack rolls, and added damage and Dex for

Quote:
Fighters aren't proficient in Plate Armor. You need a feat for it.
Alright looks like I am going to need to replace a feat. or change my armor...

Quote:
With that in mind, your Armor should technically be +8 and your Enh should be +2, compared to the combined total you entered. This is to make sure you don't accidentally add an Enh bonus to AC later.

Your total attack bonus for your Axe is too low. If you use the boxes above, you will see you get +5 (1/2 level) +4 (Abil) +1 (Class) +2 (Prof) +2?(Enh) = +14 to hit.

Likewise, damage shouldn't just be 1d12. It should be 1d12 +4 (Abil) +1 (Feat) +2 (Enh) = 1d12+7 damage.

Thank you, this is the part I knew I wasn't doing right. I don't know why

Quote:
You have too many trained skills. You get 3 from the list, not all from the list. Well, you get 4 from the list cause your human.

I am only trained in 4, Streetwise I don't have anything in but I know I put it in the slot well because of an old habit I do with 3.5 characters. I will delete Streetwise
Quote:

You get 1 other Language besides Common.

You should have 1 Action Point.

I knew these two I just didn't get to them yet. Language I was trying to think of a useful one
And the Action point I didn't know if I would have it or not, because of Davidson's rule on if you want a third magic item then you start without an action point.

Quote:
Don't forget to include your passive Perception and Insight. It will be 8 for the "Skill Bonus" part of each (+3 wis, +5 from 1/2 level).

Speed in Heavy Armor should be 5 (+6 base, -1 armor).

Init should technically be +4 (Dex) +5 (1/2 level) +4 (Misc). Same total, but written correctly so you don't accidentally later go, "Whoops, I forgot to add my Dex bonus to it!"

Was getting to those but I was have dead when I posted last night.

Quote:
What are you getting the +1 Enh to F/R/W from? You have nothing listed beyond your axe and armor for stuff.

Human Defense bonus gives plus one to all saves. Which reminds me I need to add the another plus one to them because of human Perseverance  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:23 am
Quote:
Human Defense bonus gives plus one to all saves. Which reminds me I need to add the another plus one to them because of human Perseverance

Human Perseverance doesn't grant defenses it grants +1 saving throw.  

5Crispy

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:23 am
Alzzak
I knew these two I just didn't get to them yet. Language I was trying to think of a useful one
And the Action point I didn't know if I would have it or not, because of Davidson's rule on if you want a third magic item then you start without an action point.

No. Davidson's rule was you start with -1 to one of your Ability Scores. Which I think is a bit shallow of a sacrifice when it comes to dice rolling (it means more in point buy), but that's just my personal opinion smile

Alzzak
Quote:

Those should be Misc bonuses, or something. Enhancement bonus typically comes from magical Neck items, like cloaks of protection and whatnot.

And your Fortitude, Reflex, and Will are DEFENSES, not SAVES. Human perseverance gives +1 to saving throws (when you have a lasting negative effect on you, at the end of your turn, you roll a d20 per effect. On a natural 10+, you remove the effect. With Human Perseverance, it's a natural 9+ for you.)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:31 am
Don't kill me....

better? I know I still have to get items and write a backstory, but I want to verify everything is right on my first character so I can make one for merc's to before the day is end.  

Alzzak

5Crispy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:35 am
Alzzak
Don't kill me....

better? I know I still have to get items and write a backstory, but I want to verify everything is right on my first character so I can make one for merc's to before the day is end.

25 AC. Heavy armor doesn't benefit from int/dex. 3nodding

Might wanna go with masterwork Layered/Rimfire plate, since your armor meets the +2 requirement. It's pretty much free and grants additional bonuses.
Layered has an extra 1 AC and rimfire grants resist 1 all  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:31 am
I don't think he actually has Adventurer's Vault, Inf. He might not be comfortable taking stuff out of it. That's up to him, though.

@ Alzzak: I would recommend including your damage bonus beyond the d12. +6 now, since you dropped Weapon Focus.

Besides that, it's looking good now! :3  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Alzzak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:49 am
I only have Player's handbook 1 and 2. The only reason I have those is a friend of mine was getting out of rping because of a load of problems and he sold those two to me for $5

Thanks again.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces