Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply Trainer Prep
OOC Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 345 346 347 348 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:56 pm
murruelecreuset
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
hello ladies and gents: we have our first battle underway.

Time to place bets or picks teams for the fun of it.

Who's team phoebe and who's Team Iris

also I'm touch and go with Pokemon GO. After all, it's still like a day,2 days new. I expected the bugs

Personally Iris has type advantage, but Phoebe's off to a good start with lowering her opponents Accuracy. Unfortunately it didn't stop Ducklett from landing that water pulse xd

Ling is too fabulous to be stopped  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:22 pm
Here's a refresher on the rules for battling.

X

:: POKEMON BATTLE :: RULES SUMMARY ::

INTRODUCTION:

Pokemon battles in this guild are largely determined by skill and the creativity of the writer, which means trainers will not have to worry about the level of the Pokemon they will be battling against. Since all battles will be roleplayed it will be up to the Guild Captain and Vice Captains to determine each winner based on intricate and incisive consideration of the moves and actions performed during a fight (in addition to other key factors including Natures, Types and Abilities). Please respect the decisions made by the crew and know that it is free from all personal bias.

Please note; the battle system has not been completely perfected yet and that there are still some minor details that are constantly being improved upon. If you are unsure of how a particular Pokemon move should work in terms of the system provided, please post your question to the Questionnaire Box and a Crew member will be happy to answer your question at their earliest connivence. All questions are strongly encouraged.

- BASICS OF THE BATTLE -

All Pokemon Battles will last a minimum of 5 posts and a maximum of 10. Failure to meet this amount could end up in the disqualification of your character and no EXP rewarded to the battling Pokemon regardless of a win or loss. All posts most also be 250+ words in order for your posts to officially count.

EARNING EXP
- Winning a Pokemon Battle gives your Pokemon 250EXP.
- Losing a Pokemon Battle gives your Pokemon 125EXP.
- If TIed, both Pokemon receive 125EXP.

HEALING ITEMS
There will be no Healing items allowed during battle.
However, your Pokemon can have a healing Hold Item, such as a Berries, as long as they are from your character's inventory and obtained legally.

FORGOT TO ROLL (IN YOUR POST)
If you forgot to roll a dice during battle when you should have or rolled the wrong die or too many dice, simply type "Void" in your post and proceed to make your proper roll in the post below. Also remember to include your 250+ word post in that same one.

AUTO-HITS-DODGES-COUNTERS
There should be no instances where a Pokemon can choose to expertly "dodge" an attack or make an attack "hit" unless the accuracy of a move dictates otherwise. Opponent 100% accuracy moves will connect with your pokemon unless you use a move (such as Protect) to evade taking damage. If your Pokemon's move has less than 100% accuracy, you must roll to see if the attack will hit or miss -- you can not make the attack connect on your own terms. IF a pokemon is capable of boosting its evasion or lowering the targets accuracy, it WILL effect 100% accuracy moves and will be lowered accordingly.

ROLLING FOR ACCURACY
Roll a D10 die in your post. The number rolled determines whether the attack is a hit or miss. You do not need to roll for an attack that has 100% accuracy, unless your Pokemon's accuracy has been lowered by the opponent or the opponent has raised their evasion.

The numbers on the D10 die represent these percentages:
1 = 10%
2 = 20%
3 = 30%
4 = 40%
5 = 50%
6 = 60%
7 = 70%
8 = 80%
9 = 90%
10 = Miss

Ex Hyper Beam has an accuracy of 90%. Roll a D10 die. On the roll of 1-9, the attack will hit. If a 10 was rolled instead, it is a miss.

Note: Accuracy that is not a whole number for a move is always rounded down. So the Move Iron Tail (75%) is rounded to 70%, making a successful roll 1-7 in order for the attack to hit (8-10 = Miss).

STATUS AILMENTS
If an attack has a chance to inflict a status ailment, you must roll one D10 dice.
Note: Attacks that cause stats to be lowered counts as a Status Ailment.

The numbers on the die represent the percentage values.
1 = 10%
2 = 20%
3 = 30%
4 = 40%

Ex: Flamethrower has a 10% chance to inflict BURN on the opponent.
Roll a D10. if the number rolled is 1, the target is now burned (2-10 no ailment is given).

PARALYSIS & SLEEP
If your Pokemon has the status ailment Sleep or Paralysis, roll a D10 to determine if the affected pokemon can attack normally during their turn. The pokemon has a 50% chance of not being able to attack. Pokemon that have been put to sleep cannot attack during their first turn with this ailment, but make roll for their Pokemon to wake up for each subsequent post
1-5 = The Pokemon is remains asleep or is too paralyzed to move.
6-10 = The Pokemon has woken up or can attack despite being paralyzed.

Note: The status ailment Paralysis remains with the afflicted pokemon until the end of battle unless a move or abilitiy dictates otherwise.
Reminder: All electric Pokemon cannot be have the Paralysis ailment.

DETERMINING HOW MANY DICE TO ROLL (IN ONE POST)
Anytime an attack or ability presents the possibility of inflicting a Status Ailment, Flinch, or Miss, then a D10 die must be rolled. This means the number of die you roll is equal to the number of percentages you must consider when your Pokemon is using an attack.

Ex; If an attack has a chance to inflict a Status Ailment and has a chance to miss, you must roll two D10 dice.

THE ORDER OF YOUR DICE ROLLS IS IMPORTANT
The order of the dice rolled should be considered/read from left to right. Note that the last die you roll will always be used to determine whether an attack hits or misses (so long as the attack used has less than 100% accuracy or when the accuracy or evasion of a pokemon is decreased). Please only use the number of dice as needed.

FIRST DIE: Determines Status Ailment caused by Pokemon Ability or Attack (if any).

SECOND DIE: Determines Secondary Status Ailment caused by Attack (if any).

THRID DIE: Determines Third Status Ailment caused by Held Item or Attack (if any).

LAST DIE: ALWAYS determines if the attack is a hit or miss.

Examples on number of Dice in spoiler below

Ex I: Muk has the ability Poison Touch (which has a 30% chance to poison) and uses the attack Fire Punch (which has a 10% chance to burn). The trainer rolls two 10-sided dice and obtains the numbers 5 and 1. The first number is 5=50% meaning Poison Touch does not active, but the second number is 1=10% therefore the pokemon Muk attacked is now burn.

Ex II: Muk has the ability Poison Touch (which has a 30% chance to poison) and uses the attack Fire Punch (which has a 10% chance to burn). The trainer rolls two 10-sided dice and obtains the numbers 5 and 1. The first number is 5=50% meaning Poison Touch does not active, but the second number is 1=10% therefore the pokemon Muk attacked is now burn.

Ex III: Arcanine uses the move Fire Fang which has a 10% chance to burn and a 10% chance to flinch BUT has an accuracy of 95% . The trainer rolls a three 10-sided dice in their post and obtains the number 1,1, and 10. The first number is 1=10% so the attack will cause a burn, the second number is 1=10% so the attack will cause a flinch as well, but the last number is 10 so the attack will miss.

Ex IV: let's say a Muk with the ability Poison Touch uses the move Dynamic Punch (which has a 50% chance to miss) while holding the item King's Rock (which has a 10% chance to cause flinch when using a physical attack). This one attack has the chance to poison, confuse, flinch, and/or miss meaning the player must roll a four 10-sided dice.

POKEMON LEVEL DIFFERENCES IN BATTLE
When pokemon of different levels battle each other, their levels are averaged out so that both pokemon have the same level.

Ex: Cyndaquil lvl 15 vs. Totodile lvl 20, their levels change to 17 so that they are on even grounds.

DETERMINING WHICH POKEMON STARTS THE BATTLE
Pokemon with the nature; Timid, Naive, Hasty, and Jolly are speed enchanting and thus will always allow that Pokemon to go first in battle. If all Pokemon in battle have these natures (or none have these natures) then each roleplayer will roll ten D10s to determine who goes first. Highest number wins.

REMINDER :: ONE MOVE PER POST
You are only allowed to use one move per post. Whether that move is an attacking move or a support move, you may only have your pokemon use ONE move in the post. You may not have your pokemon use a move like Swords Dance and then immediately use Quick Attack all in the same post.

-- SPECIFIC BATTLE MOVES --

Attacks with Multiple Hits:
This is meant for attacking moves such as Fury Swipes, Rock Blast, Fury Attack, etc. (NOT moves such as Double Kick or Twineedle which already have a guarantee amount of hits.) Pokemon with the ability Skill Link omit the need to roll a die.

Ruling: Player using the multi-hit move must add a One 10-sided dice roll to their post. Depending on what number the dice roll lands that will determine the amount of hits:
• ~ 1 = two hits
• ~ 2 = two hits
• ~ 3 = three hits
• ~ 4 = three hits
• ~ 5 = three hits
• ~ 6 = three hits
• ~ 7 = four hits
• ~ 8 = four hits
• ~ 9 = five hits
• ~ 10 = five hits

Status Condition - Confuse:
This is meant for the status condition confuse. If a pokemon is confused that owner of the confuse pokemon will apply the following rule. Add a One 10-sided dice to your post and depending on what number you obtain from the roll that will determine if the pokemon hits itself.
• ~ 1 = does not hit self
• ~ 2 = does not hit self
• ~ 3 = does not hit self
• ~ 4 = does not hit self
• ~ 5 = does not hit self
• ~ 6 = hit self
• ~ 7 = hit self
• ~ 8 = hit self
• ~ 9 = hit self
• ~ 10 = hit self
Furthermore, a pokemon will have a chance to snap out of confusion every turn. Since confuse can last for 1-5 turns then please apply the following rule in order to determine if your pokemon snaps of confusion: Roll a One 10-sided dice and the number you obtain will determine the outcome. (This dice roll must be added first, before the you apply the dice roll to determine if a pokemon hits itself due to confusion)
• ~ 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 (Odd numbers) = Pokemon stays confuse
• ~ 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 (Even numbers) = Pokemon snaps out of confusion.

Pokemon Move - Assist:
Assist randomly selects one of the moves known by the user's party allies (including fainted Pokémon) and executes it. A move called up by Assist counts as the last move used. A Pokémon will be able to use a move that is disabled in its own moveset if called via Assist. If there are no moves that can be called in the party, the move will fail."
In order to use Assist in battle, the player must Randomize from 1 to 4 in their post and depending on what number is obtained that will determine which moved is used from the ally pokemon. This selection depends on the order in the player's Pokemon Team with the first Pokemon on the list being the ally Pokemon which Assist will use to randomly select a move. When using Assist, you only randomize and nothing more. Whichever move Assist lands on has its effects negated (Ex: Assist lands on Fire Fang, the chance to burn or flinch is negated). The accuracy of Assist cannot be lowered and any moved used by Assist will always hit a pokemon. Furthermore, Assist does not work on the following moves (if your RNG lands on any of these moves then you move on to the next available move):

• - Belch
• - Bounce
• - Chatter
• - Circle Throw
• - Copycat
• - Counter
• - Covet
• - Destiny Bond
• - Detect
• - Dig
• - Dive
• - Dragon Tail
• - Endure
• - Feint
• - Fly
• - Focus Punch
• - Follow Me
• - Helping Hand
• - King's Shield
• - Mat Block
• - Me First
• - Metronome
• - Mimic
• - Mirror Coat
• - Mirror Move
• - Nature Power
• - Phantom Force
• - Protect
• - Roar
• - Shadow Force
• - Sketch
• - Sky Drop
• - Sleep Talk
• - Snatch
• - Spiky Shield
• - Struggle
• - Switcheroo
• - Thief
• - Transform
• - Trick
• - Whirlwind

Hitsukei
Vice Captain

Storyteller Risk-Taker

SpazzticPanda1311

Bashful Bear

21,775 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:24 pm
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

also I'm touch and go with Pokemon GO. After all, it's still like a day,2 days new. I expected the bugs

This is true, I'm just being... impatient.

I'm just so excited for it, that I get frustrated when I can't play it gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:33 am
SpazzticPanda1311
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

This is true, I'm just being... impatient.

I'm just so excited for it, that I get frustrated when I can't play it gonk

I caught an eevee at a Wendy's in a car. I understand the impatience  

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:40 am
amarzyciel

what a match up xD
Cyril's going to reap what he sow, though he doesn't feel the same way Kirsi did.

#A song of ice and fire ninja

I know, right? xD
He's helping her get her mind focused for the tournament! So she's lucky, razz
I'm really glad their fighting though, because maybe it can give Kirsi an excuse to talk to him again afterwards or at least to not forget about him after the trip is over.

I'm posting now, I had a get together with friends planned last night and couldn't post 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:04 pm
NEW Update to summary above

PARALYSIS & SLEEP
If your Pokemon has the status ailment Sleep or Paralysis, roll a D10 to determine if the affected pokemon can attack normally during their turn. The pokemon has a 50% chance of not being able to attack. Pokemon that have been put to sleep cannot attack during their first turn with this ailment, but make roll for their Pokemon to wake up for each subsequent post
1-5 = The Pokemon is remains asleep or is too paralyzed to move.
6-10 = The Pokemon has woken up or can attack despite being paralyzed.

Note: The status ailment Paralysis remains with the afflicted pokemon until the end of battle unless a move or abilitiy dictates otherwise.
Reminder: All electric Pokemon cannot be have the Paralysis ailment.

Hitsukei
Vice Captain

Storyteller Risk-Taker

SoundVVave

Anxious Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:56 pm
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

'Ey, battle is almost over so we'll see if water ACTUALLY beats fire XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:55 pm
Erkowan

Ohh my gosh that assist use killed me!! xD
When Salem started meowing like a siren, and it summoned Amirah, it was both awesome and funny, especially with Faye's reactions rofl  

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:13 pm
TheWhiteDragonfly
Erkowan

When Salem started meowing like a siren, and it summoned Amirah, it was both awesome and funny, especially with Faye's reactions rofl

Right XD. I love it too. If Iris saw that she would be amazed XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:43 pm
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the guild and I look forward to roleplaying with you all.

3nodding  

under the coke sign

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Summer Pride 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:53 pm
under the coke sign
Hi everyone,

3nodding

Hi there welcome! I'm Prairie I'm one of the mighty VCs (like a power ranger owo) If you have any questions or anything don't be afraid to ask!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:55 pm
under the coke sign
Hi everyone,

3nodding

Welcome. Glad to see new faces around.  

Erkowan
Crew

Distinct Gekko

2,475 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100

under the coke sign

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:07 pm
Prairiefox

Hi there welcome! I'm Prairie I'm one of the mighty VCs (like a power ranger owo) If you have any questions or anything don't be afraid to ask!

Thank you good to know .

User Image

xp heart

Erkowan
Welcome. Glad to see new faces around

Thanks.
3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:15 pm
under the coke sign
Hi everyone,

3nodding

Hi hi. Welcome to the guild. I'm Yume, VC of the guild. Like Foxy said, if you have questions please be feel to come to us =D  

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Erkowan
Crew

Distinct Gekko

2,475 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:17 pm
TheWhiteDragonfly
Erkowan

Yah, I thought of it as I was typing and went....Yaaaasssss.... razz  
Trainer Prep

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 345 346 347 348 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games